EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Opening this thread for Storyline quests in New Qeynos.

Note: you may want to use the great tool made by Soresja to grab the locs of the things you speak of.

(Note2: started to put up a temporary walkthrough here)

A light of Hope (Murrar Shar - NQ Qeynos Claymore)

Musheef af’Neqi needs to be hailed by hitting "h" instead of double-clicking. He doesn't have a "speach baubble" icon when mousing over him.

After speaking to Murrar Shar and then to the 3 NPC, I was asked to return to murrar shar. He has a book over his head but gives the same dialog as when handing out the quest.

Quest cannot be completed

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
baguetteovenfresh

Loremaster

I posted the same thing, didn't see this thread. I tried camping out and abandoning the quest and it still wont progress. I think he is just getting on in his kitty years and forgot who i was.

baguetteovenfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Whilhelmina

Tester

Winds of Change (housing quest)

The 2 items given as quest reward can be sold to NPC for status. I don't think an easy to get over and over again quest should reward items sold for status (Lion's Mane Circle Counter & Torch of the Concordium)

Forgotten Shroud (dropped quest from Vermin's snye)

I dropped that quest 2 weeks ago and decided to keep it until the revamp. Good idea.

I'm supposed to speak to the "Priests of Life". I went to Priest Ian Turner (now at 577.05, -75.37, -218.32 ) and he doesn't want to speak to me.

Quest is described there (http://eq2.zam.com/db/quest.html?eq2quest=e3797cb6d5d7c388fff1f408699766 4e)

Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Murrar Shar won't update his quest for me either.

Also I had the Welcome to Qeynos quest still going on my level 16 coercer, so spoke to everyone, leaving the pay my repects at the Qeynos Claymore bit outstanding. However, despite going to Claymore, running around Claymore, jumping on Claymore, nothing happens. Think I have a few more good chars with unfinished Welcome to Qeynos quest, so would like this fixed.

Found quite a few race mentors, while checking out the adv zones, as I have a few who haven't finished the zones, (all my chars on test are level 25 and under) but not spotted many class ones, but haven't gone in mages tower etc yet.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

I made a fix to Murrar this morning.  I need to run through the game and make sure he's working (I don't have access to my local servers at home), but otherwise he should be good to go whenever the next push to Test is.

Now to brush teeth, get coffee, and head into work.  I'll be logging in this morning to check on you all, so I'll see you soon!  SMILEY

Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Whilhelmina

Tester

Thanks to our future dwarf tamales .... er... Cronyn, Murrar Shar now works.

He prompts you to visit Markim Nubbytoe near Baubbleshire to offer your help BUT, the npc is called Harkam Nubbytoe. Rinna quest opened up at the same time, I suppose it's intended.

(Note: started to put up a temporary walkthrough here)

Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Thanks to our future dwarf tamales .... er... Cronyn, Murrar Shar now works.

He prompts you to visit Markim Nubbytoe near Baubbleshire to offer your help BUT, the npc is called Harkam Nubbytoe. Rinna quest opened up at the same time, I suppose it's intended.

(Note: started to put up a temporary walkthrough here)

I am not delicious!!  Especially in tamales!  *panic*

I do love me some tamales though... mmm...

So the fix to Murrar will only be active as long as Test is up - if it crashes, I'll have to push it again to the servers.  Once Test gets a proper update, it will be permanent.  Just a heads up in case it reverts.

And I'll look into Murrar's speech impediment there.  Surely he was mumbling Harkam's name.  Surely.  SMILEY

Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Soresha

Tester

A Light of Hope - Murrar Shar

1. Quest description says Murrar said it is a city that needs heroes. He didn't say anything like that in his dialogue though.

2. Typo in dialogue on Mushef, "interupptions" should be "interruptions".

3. Mushef says "leaving for something they feel is safer" - should that be "somewhere"?

4. Before getting the quest, somewhere Mushed say "the queen". Now returning to him it's all "the Queen".

5. I like how it's introducing the background to what's going on, without seeming laboured. Nice start.

6. You hand in this intro quest, and the dialogue tells you to go on to the next NPC, Karkam Nubbytoe. But there's no actual quest taking you there. Re-hailing Murrar doesn't repeat the instruction for where to go. So it's "blink and you missed it".

Would be more robust if perhaps this quest handed in at the next NPC? Or at least have Murrar repeat his directions.

Seeking Superior Salve - Karkam Nubbytoe

1. Quests available on Harkam and Rinna when I arrive in the area. Not sure what Rinna is for so I left it for now. Or maybe they're parallel quests? If so, maybe Karkam could mention helping Rinna as well. Otherwise you can't tell really old NPCs offering quests from the new storyline stuff.

2. Being picky but the quest description says Harkam is in the Elddar Grove. Is this northern most bit still the grove? Because the signpost near him points back to the Elddar Grove. *shrug*

3. Priest Ian Turner calls it "Superior Salve of Nife" in his dialogue - intended? Ok it's called that throughout, I don't get what "Nife" is, looks like a typo for "Life" to me!

4. Typo in his dialogue, says "another component that I is required"

5. The ordering of the 3 steps is aggravating. If you didn't pay attention to his dialogue saying to meet at the Elddar Grove, you'd travel to the Herb Jar, then to the Elddar Grove, then all the way to the harbour, then back to the grove!

6. Harbor pincher mobs act weird. They are non-aggro, you can stand right next to them. Target one, and it immediately attacks you, if you're standing within a certain range.

7. There are still lilly pads visible (but not clickable) after completing the 2nd quest step.

8. Can't find Priest Ian Turner in the NE corner of Elddar Grove (according to quest step) to turn in the 3rd step. Tried a guard for directions and he couldn't find him either.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

Yeah Murrar is still broken for me. so I guess the patch or something turned him back. or the server crashed before I logged on.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah Murrar is still broken for me. so I guess the patch or something turned him back. or the server crashed before I logged on.

Are you on Test or TestCopy, Rain?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Test Copy here, and they won't accept my completed A Light of Hope quest yet.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
Whilhelmina

Tester

"Nife" is Rodcet Nife, the god of healing (and god of the Qeynps temple). When there was a live event just before Moors of Ykesha, we had to get a salve from the same area (and I think by the same name) to heal the damage done by folowers of Anashti'Sul, it was a prelude quest to both deities iirc.

Rinna is definatedly a new quest.

Where help is needed (Rinna)

I don't understand how finding a scrap of cloth on the side of the building sends me to "searching the down below for the list stolen by the bloodsabers"

Seeking Superior Salve (Harkam Nubbyto)

The medic is a bit hard to found. I thought I was searching for Ian Turner, not a random female medic.

Her dialog says:

"[spell fx] And here is the salve that you were promised (...)". I suppose she should cast a spell first.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Where help is needed (Rinna)

I don't understand how finding a scrap of cloth on the side of the building sends me to "searching the down below for the list stolen by the bloodsabers"

Okay awesome - I'll add a bit more to that step to make it more clear.  The idea was that the Bloodsabers have long lived in the catacombs of Qeynos, but to someone unfamiliar with the lore in the city, that won't be make a lot of sense.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
Rainmare

Loremaster

Testcopy here too.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
Soresha

Tester

Where Help is Needed - Rinna

1. Crates don't lose their sparkle when you click on them. But (correctly) can't be clicked on again. This is typically confusing because you can't see which you've clicked on and which to go to next. Though admittedly here it's only 3 of 4 in a small area.

2. Only two of the plates have sparkley effects. The other 6 don't.

3. I clicked on four plates. The others stay looking empty plates and haven't changed to having cookies on them.

4. The numbers don't add up. There are 4 crates. Quest has you click on 3 so you only have 3 lots of food. Then you click on 4 plates. I suspect the first step should have a counter going up to 4, not 3.

5. I know the ground is sloping making it hard, but the empty plates are half sticking into the terrain, and it looks bad, particularly with the colour difference. The plates with cookies don't have this problem.

6. You click a plate, it changes. Then it changes back. Is this because they're shared with other players? It's odd.

7. Bit disappointing the dialogue with the injured NPCs is the same each time.

8. Once updated the 2nd quest step only says you handed out supplies, nothing about helping the injured.

9. The clue sparkley wasn't too hard to find, colour stands out nicely.

10. Description on scrap of cloth item says "Bloodsabres" but quest says "Bloodsabers"

11. I'd second Whil's point about the Bloodsabers being in Down Below. Also there's nothing that makes you examine the cloth, so unless you do that its a big leap.

12. Dialogue returning to Melet says "Bloodsabres".

13. Dialogue returning to RInna says "Bloodsabres" too. Maybe the quest text is wrong then.

14. Quest summary on completion talks about getting more supplies, but nothing about the first half of the quest where you fed and aided the injured.

15. Scrap of Cloth item not removed from inventory after handing in quest.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
Soresha

Tester

Seeking Superior Salve

9. Hopefully with a map POI this will be much easier, but it took ages to find the medic NPC. Now I know why asking a guard for "turner" didn't work heh.

10. Dialogue with medic says "[spell fx]  And here is the salve..." First funny placeholder text of GU64! Think it needs replacing with REAL spell effects because she isn't casting anything.

11. Nubbytoe says in dialogue "apply it to the wounded defender" - that's only 1 guy. The quest step says "citizens" (pleural). Once I clicked one I can see why, but Nubbytoe's dialogue is currently giving the surprise away a little.

Bloodsabers and Down Below

I like the background information given before "Secrets and Ceremonies Down Below". Only I found it after doing "Where Help is Needed". So maybe it doesn't require much to link the Bloodsabers to Down Below in Rinna's quest, just a short sentence in the quest step? The info is here instead, I just hadn't gotten to it yet because the quests are done in parallel.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
Whilhelmina

Tester

Cronyn wrote:

Okay awesome - I'll add a bit more to that step to make it more clear.  The idea was that the Bloodsabers have long lived in the catacombs of Qeynos, but to someone unfamiliar with the lore in the city, that won't be make a lot of sense.

mmmh, thing is, the first dialog only speaks of "guards scuffling with someone", so I didn't expect anything tied with the sewers but more some random rogue guard or something like that.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
Rainmare

Loremaster

I had have an issue so far with the quest 'Secrets and Ceremonies' I foudn the gathering point for the bloodsabers and the clicky enterance...but instead of sending me to the Crypt of Betrayal: Vile Ceremony, it sent me to the regular crypt.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Quest : Racial Tensions Abound

Asking a guard for Klecker leads you to a blank area at 453, -16, -176. Klecker is actually past the wall at 515, -31, -209.

Quest: A Gnollish Plan Afoot

Not sure if this is a bug, but no NPC will update my quest ("talk to a resident about the attacks").

Quest: Paid on Delivery

Quest asks you to "find Clerk Feld at the Bank", but does not specify that he's at the Capitol District bank.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #20
Soresha

Tester

Paid on Delivery - Rinna

1. Second quest step says to speak to Feld in the bank. Which bank? Which zone? Really needs to say in Capitol District then a map POI or guard can do the rest.

2. Typo in dialogue with Feld "and can't make their delivery" should be "and they can't", I think?

3. After talking to Feld I was ready to start smacking Qeynosians. Stupid bureaucratic paper trails! Arghh!!! Nicely written. SMILEY

4. I'm not certain, but I'm not convinced the shifty farmers are scaling to level. I think they were grey. And the died way too fast, even if I am running this on a level 92 fury.

5. Typo on 7th quest step, says take the payment to "Farmer Helver Yourself".

Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
Rainmare

Loremaster

for the Quest 'Law of the Land' it does no good to have the NPC 'mark' a location on your map when there's no map. he gives no other clues to the contact apartment's location, so with no map, you have to manually find and run the mouse over everyy single door trying to find it.

*Edit* okay I found the door. but it doesn't light up in anyway when you mouse over it. I only foudn by acidentally clicking on it while moving the mouse. so I would say that it needs to highlight or something to let you know when you find it at least until there is a functioning map for the new Qeynos zones.

*edit2* after getting the clicky int he house and clearing it out, the door to exit doesn't work. so your effectively locked in and have to gate out.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
Soresha

Tester

Law of the Land - Rinna

1. When I accepted the quest, an NPC Guard Schein spawned next to me. No explanation, and can't do anything with them. They don't follow me. Rinna mentioned going to the guards if necessary but this doesn't make any sense. Unless it's server lag.. but I could swear the guard wasn't there before.

Contact's Apartment (since no map yet) is at: 477.74, -19.51, 266.57

2. Doors at the top of the stairs in the apartment are annoying, because I can't get my fae through without opening both of them. Just a minor irritation.

3. Can confirm there's no zone out point set up on the door to leave the apartment.

4. 6th quest step needs better directions for Investigator Keklem. Mainly to tell you which zone he's in. I tried looking around the barracks first but that isn't right.

5. Typo in dialogue with Keklem, "with a apparent member of the Ironforge Exchange" - should be "an".

6. Returning to Rinna, now the guard Schein has the quest completion icon on them. So he's definitely showing up too early.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
Soresha

Tester

Secrets and Ceremonies Down Below

1. Found the curious entrance. Clicked on it, and get an onscreen update at the same time as you zone in, so you don't get time to read it.

2. Stuck at this point. As someone said above, you zone into the regular Crypt of Betrayal, not the instance for the quest.

We're gated on this quest line atm.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #24
Zabjade

Loremaster

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the Kerra never lived in Starcrest Commune alongside the Erudites They lived in Nettelville alongside Humans. Starcrest was a Erudite/HUMAN neighborhood.

I know my main, a Monk (Well at the time a Fighter) ended up there after the island.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I had have an issue so far with the quest 'Secrets and Ceremonies' I foudn the gathering point for the bloodsabers and the clicky enterance...but instead of sending me to the Crypt of Betrayal: Vile Ceremony, it sent me to the regular crypt.

same issue here

Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
Whilhelmina

Tester

Law of the Land - Rinna

When in the apartment (thanks Sor for the waypoint), the quest journal says "Investigate the apartment (0/9)". The wording hints that it could be 9 rooms or something, not really "kill everybody inside". Why not add something like "investigate and clear the foes" or something like that?

/agree with Sor on the door not opening both at the same time. Why did you use the old version of those doors? Now both open on one click.

Furnishing is... er... a little bit bare. A couple carpets, a bit of light, a couple of chests and couches would help a lot.

Had to gate out (and stumbled on a new bug that I put in the Zone thread. Check if you're in old or new Qeynos when you get out if you gate to Qeynos)

Keklem needs directions. I thought "guard = north qeynos castle stairs" but checked the journal which said "province" and not capitol, so I asked a guard. I sure would NEVER have checked around the Harbor Cache.

Loved the new holiday "Adventurer Actually let Someone Else do Something for Once Day" SMILEY

On the run - Rinna/Guard Scheln

First step of the quest is written with capitals at every word. "Find Someone Nearby Who Might Have Seen Where Rinna Went".

Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #27
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

On the Run - Rinna

Chasing the Liason is a bit difficult. Run to the trigger by accident (finding Rinna) and the follow-up too (port-out to north qeynos).

But how to attempt to apprehend the liason without any clues? Stuck here atm. Maybe a point on a working map will help, but right now it's more luck to accidently step upon the trigger points then questing.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #28
Whilhelmina

Tester

On the Run - Rinna

The "someone nearby" is Harkam but he doesn't have any kind of quest feather upon his head.

I found Rinna in the down below, but the mobs who jumped me were bloodabers heartslicers, so I had troubles telling Rinna later that "they looked like city guards".

Er. Confused by the liason too. I don't see any "liason" around. It just told me that I had found him when I reached the NQ grate but I saw no liason at all.

EDIT: ah, fixed. I tried an AE, got nothing (I thought perhaps he was below the floor). Went back a tad notch and made another AE which killed the rats and casted a 3rd just to be sure, and Lo and Behold, Bloodsabers showed up with the liason in the group. (loc was : -94.26, -0.73, -101.36 )

Rinna disappears pretty fast without any "casting effect" so you're left with her dialog bubble hanging from middair.

Seems we're gated after that quest as it's the end of the questline but Harkam questline cannot be completed so we can't proceed to the level 40 timeline.And of course I'm gated on my class quest too as I can't enter Baubbleshire SMILEY

Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #29
Zabjade

Loremaster

I also got zoned into the Contested Crypt of Betrayal instead of Crypt of Betrayal: Vile Ceremony I tried this twice to make sure.

As for Map POI's well I need a working Qeynos map first (Also remember when the standard Maps showed Dungeons as well, but that reversed even on older dungeons a long time back)

Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #30
Soresha

Tester

On the Run - Guard Schein / Rinna

1. There's no quest feather on Harkem, I just guessed to hail him. Dunno if it should be more obvious who to talk to.

2. The mysterious liaison runs off at the same time as you're fighitng the mobs. I struggled to see the NPC name, and had no chance to read the dialogue bubble for what he was saying. Maybe you can stage this so the Bloodsabers attack first, maybe further from Rinna? Then as you get closer after killing them, the liaison runs out?

3. Dialogue on Rinna says they looked like guards, but they were Bloodsabers!

4. I'm not convinced why RInna would hide in amongst the Bloodsabers. I actually found their area and then thought "ok she won't be here then".

5. There is a blue sparkley at the location where the liaison is supposed to spawn, where tyou get the onscreen message and the quest updates. This sparkley was here when I was on the previous step, and I'm pretty sure it was there for me yesterday too. And it's still there after completing the quest. Suspect the view predicate is wrong on it.

6. Like Whil, I see no liaison. Target nearest NPC picks up nothing. Thanks to Whil for the tip - an AE did bring them out. Took awhile for them to arrive so I think they're a far distance back in the walls.

6. Typos in quest steps 4 and 5 once updated, say "Liason" should be "liaison".  Step 5 shouldn't be capitalised either. Didn't look at the steps text before completing them - might be worth checking them too.

7. Ohhhh I think that's a hint in the dialogue at the storyline there... one little word... am I right? SMILEY

8. Like Whil says, Rinna is despawning too soon to read the last dialogue node.