EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
the_snare

Loremaster

It would be good for pvp testing if there were a mode in the arena in which it would be exactly like pvping out in the world. Exactly the same rules and items you can use, except that it would be in the arena where you could test it and hone your pvp playing skills, find out what works and what doesn't in real pvp combat.

the_snare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

The arena really haven't been touched in years as far as development goes. (Unless I missed something about it in a patch notes) 

People have been asking for this for years, and it falls on deaf ears.

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
Jab
Server: Nagafen

General

[email protected] wrote:

The arena really haven't been touched in years as far as development goes. (Unless I missed something about it in a patch notes) 

U have missed something, altho not in the patch notes.

I dont remember who it was from the dev team that came onto this section and replied to a post similiar to the OP.

But he did actually mention that something could be done in the nearest furture about the whole duel system and the problem with pve ruleset.

So cross ur fingers and hope that they still have that on their plate.. I know i am >

Jabib 90 Brigand.

Bademesteren 89 Inq.

Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

It would be nice to fight againzt friends but I doubt very much they will put any resources into it. The closest you will get to satisfaction is BGs.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #5
the_snare

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Heh, nice rhyme, was that even intentional?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
the_snare

Loremaster

Though, I may lay off somewhat. I certainly want a few things changed. But, really it's a see-saw for Sony, you change one thing someone wants, and it PO's the person who didn't want it. If a good number of people want something changed, it will probably happen, considering the fact they must make thier customer's happy, or they could quit the game. But, I mean I have never worked for an MMO doing anything, but due to the sheer volume of things people want changed the can't all be accomodated. This, however seems like a legitimate gripe if it's been happening for so long.

Side note, just since we're talking about it, are researching now gone, or are you just not able to have one as a hireling in your GH?