EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Gungo

Loremaster

Preorder from amazon and gamestop is listed below. I didn't see a collectors editionAnd bestbuy hasn't updated their site with the preorder info yet. 

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...#productDetailshttp://www.amazon.com/EverQuest-II-...95136578&sr=8-2

Product Details:

The latest addition to the monumental MMORPG franchise, EverQuest® II Destiny of Velious presents an unmatched all-in-one compilation pack loaded with the groundbreaking EQII base game, seven thrilling expansions and three exciting adventure packs. New and veteran players are transported to the legendary Great Wastes of Velious, where towering dungeons, dangerous beasts and epic storylines provide the ultimate MMO experience. EverQuest II Destiny of Velious launches its adventures into the sky delivering impressive new features and gameplay, including flying mounts. Following the events of Sentinel's Fate, the twin Swords of Destiny, Soulfire and the Qeynos Claymore, have been drained of their powers, setting the stage for the destruction of the EverQuest universe. The prophecy known as Age's End begins to unfold in the legendary continent of Velious and it is here where the war for Norrath will arise. For there to be any chance to save Norrath, the Swords of Destiny must be restored. Norrath's guardians who undertake this burden will be tested by labyrinthine dungeons, the harsh Velious tundra and powerful creatures. To succeed would mean ultimate glory. To fail would mean annihilation.

• Standard of the Dain Cloak - Animated glowing hammer cloak
  • Four Different Velious Portal Paintings - Paintings with teleportaion powers
  • 30-day subscription for new accounts
  • Flying mounts - Soar high above Norrath and explore EQII like never before
  • More than 1,000 new weapons and items - Customize your character and in-game home in thousands of ways
  • Over 300 new quests - Follow the EQII storyline through the fabled lands of Velious
  • Ten instanced dungeons - Crawl your way through 10 dangerous dungeons
  • Four new Heritage Quests - Live the legacy of the EverQuest franchise and gain memorable rewards
  • One massive contested dungeon - Good or evil, be the first to conquer the all-new contested dungeon
  • Two overland zones - Journey into incredible unknown lands
  • Four raid instances - Group up with 12-24 man raids for desirable loot
  • A new Signature Quest line - Immerse yourself in EQII lore and get the goods
  • Over 30 new creatures - Battle dangerous and fantastical enemies
  • More than 100 new armor sets - Gear up in powerful armor sets

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Halo of G4

Loremaster

This is the best box cover art an EQ2 expansion ever had.

I would also like to point out that this 3d model for this giant looks HIDEOUS. It looks like it came right out of that 3d cartoon Reboot from the mid 90's.

http://eq2.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/187281

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
DrkVsr

Loremaster

You sure that's a giant? Ah thought it was more a dorf that abused the steroids and growth hormones

Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Screen shots look like Shader 1 with Max Performance.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
betatester7

Loremaster

Those are renders!, remember when the Red Name post the first vampires screenshots?

Old 01-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
DrkVsr

Loremaster

You mean the very first that were quickly pulled down because they were truly horrendous? Or the 2nd lot showing the nice armour and 'feral' side?

Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
betatester7

Loremaster

aye!.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #8
Antapex

Loremaster

I hope there will be a CE.

Sadly still no official word. Lets hope on Tuesday that changes.

Antapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #9
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

may be a better place to post but...

40$ for an expansion. I hear, not sure if it is accurate, that there will not be a true new starting city, no lower lvl zones (only 80-90ish), no lvl increase, a new race that you can get with SC. is this accurate? I am not in beta and have not read too much about the xpac. I no longer play at lvl 90 so if this is true, it offers nothing for me but a flying mount and I am not willing to pay full price for that (and from what I read it is a quested item and if the zone is 89* then that leaves me out). If anyone can correct my misconception that would be helpful. It would appear to me that if they have DOV part 1 and part 2, then they should have part 1 payment and part 2 payment as well. Why pay full price for an add on rather than an expansion?

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
feldon30

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

40$ for an expansion. I hear, not sure if it is accurate, that there will not be a true new starting city, no lower lvl zones (only 80-90ish), no lvl increase, a new race that you can get with SC. is this accurate?

Yes. You just got a new starting city (Halas) 11 months ago.

[email protected] wrote:

I no longer play at lvl 90 so if this is true, it offers nothing for me but a flying mount and I am not willing to pay full price for that (and from what I read it is a quested item and if the zone is 89* then that leaves me out).

Then you just saved $40 as you won't need the expansion until you reach level 87 or so.

[email protected] wrote:

If anyone can correct my misconception that would be helpful. It would appear to me that if they have DOV part 1 and part 2, then they should have part 1 payment and part 2 payment as well. Why pay full price for an add on rather than an expansion?

It's likely that Velious part 2 will also be level 90 content, or maybe 90-100.

SOE have spent a TON of time revamping and adding new content from level 1-89. Ultimately, people buy expansions because they want to improve their characters at the highest levels. This is how all MMOs are produced. I don't know of any MMO that ignores the top level and continues to build mid-level content 6 years after the game's introduction.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
dawy

Loremaster

Reading the above post i thought Spyderbyte was back,didnt realise it was Feldon :0

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Ouch! I just don't understand folks who get ticked off about an expansion that doesn't add more content to a level range that people have been playing for 5 years, and where there are already several different content paths. I think removing Qeynos and Freeport was dumb, as 6 cities is always going to be better than 4. The only thing I think is lacking in 1-80 is not getting the Thundering Steppes revamp. 20-35 really only has one up-to-date progression.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

People get ticked off because they charge you 40 bucks for a tiny expansion.

One contested dungeon? 2 overland zones? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

(for the record i will buy it but i can tell already that it will be another itty bitty expac like odus......

Whatever happened to the days of massive expansions that were worth every penny?

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
feldon30

Fansite Staff

-

Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
RafaelSmith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

40$ for an expansion. I hear, not sure if it is accurate, that there will not be a true new starting city, no lower lvl zones (only 80-90ish), no lvl increase, a new race that you can get with SC. is this accurate? I am not in beta and have not read too much about the xpac. I no longer play at lvl 90 so if this is true, it offers nothing for me but a flying mount and I am not willing to pay full price for that (and from what I read it is a quested item and if the zone is 89* then that leaves me out). If anyone can correct my misconception that would be helpful. It would appear to me that if they have DOV part 1 and part 2, then they should have part 1 payment and part 2 payment as well. Why pay full price for an add on rather than an expansion?

This is Smokehumper's EQ2......DoV part 2 will be another $40.00 =P

Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #16
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

40$ for an expansion. I hear, not sure if it is accurate, that there will not be a true new starting city, no lower lvl zones (only 80-90ish), no lvl increase, a new race that you can get with SC. is this accurate? I am not in beta and have not read too much about the xpac. I no longer play at lvl 90 so if this is true, it offers nothing for me but a flying mount and I am not willing to pay full price for that (and from what I read it is a quested item and if the zone is 89* then that leaves me out). If anyone can correct my misconception that would be helpful. It would appear to me that if they have DOV part 1 and part 2, then they should have part 1 payment and part 2 payment as well. Why pay full price for an add on rather than an expansion?

You get the vamps for free IF you got the winter rewards for December and January, BUT if you want to get the other vampiric goodies it'll cost you an extra 30 bucks in Smedly Bucks, all for a flying illusion that won't let you fly until that character unlocks it via the quest, a house that's almost a mirror to the 7 year vet reward, and an extra set of claws that come with the character on creation.

Forgot to mention, you have to repurchase all mentioned items if you want them on any other Freeblood character you make, and no the new character won't be able to fly at first either.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #17
Woody67

Loremaster

Do you get the Vamp race for free or a single character to be a vamp for free. The winter rewards page shows the vamp race and the winter wolf mount as 1 per account vs. 1 per character like the previous rewards for Dec and Jan.

Woody67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #18
Antapex

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You get the vamps for free IF you got the winter rewards for December and January, BUT if you want to get the other vampiric goodies it'll cost you an extra 30 bucks in Smedly Bucks, all for a flying illusion that won't let you fly until that character unlocks it via the quest, a house that's almost a mirror to the 7 year vet reward, and an extra set of claws that come with the character on creation.

Forgot to mention, you have to repurchase all mentioned items if you want them on any other Freeblood character you make, and no the new character won't be able to fly at first either.

I never read you had to repurchase each flying illusion. Could you link this?

I did purchase the Vamp Racial pack, but not the "Bats Illusion" as it was not posted if it was per acct vs per toon. $30 per toon would be a tremendous rip-off to the point it would make many a player re-think their loyalty to SOE in a huge way.

So, please, provide a link to this statment.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #19
Marcusaval

General

NO EUROPEAN BOXED VERSION PURCHASE OPTION?

NO DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OPTION?

Does this mean all the players on European servers will have to wait weeks while the boxes are snail mailed at great expense from the USA? while the US players hover up all the world firsts!

At least last  time there was the option of a digital download.

Marcusaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Announcement today. Chill. I'm in Europe this go around so I'm in the same freighter.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #21
PlaneCrazy

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

SOE have spent a TON of time revamping and adding new content from level 1-89. Ultimately, people buy expansions because they want to improve their characters at the highest levels. This is how all MMOs are produced. I don't know of any MMO that ignores the top level and continues to build mid-level content 6 years after the game's introduction.

Umm... the biggest MMO of all time just did it with WoW:Cataclysm.  They didn't ignore the top levels, but they redid most of the old zones and introduced two new starting areas level 1-15.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #22
Antapex

Loremaster

PlaneCrazy wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Umm... the biggest MMO of all time just did it with WoW:Cataclysm.  They didn't ignore the top levels, but they redid most of the old zones and introduced two new starting areas level 1-15.

SOE just did Halas. I dont want a new starting zone each expansion. And SOE has done numerous other things, such as the graphics updates, etc, that we haven't had to pay for.

Seems to me that they try to strike a balance of bringing new content to all levels for new and old players. And I know a lot of players who level lock toons in 20s, 30s, etc to explore this content. Plus they allow you to Mentor and Chrono back.

Why do people (not meaning you PC) always forget these things?

Ill pay for this expansion and the next one (even if its a part 2). The only thing I want is a Collectors Edition and for Freebloods to have the "turn into bats" / etc as part of race and not have to pay for it for each of your Freeblood characters. I will pay for other little frill items, but this should not be one of them.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Eisrael

Guardian

Antapex wrote:

PlaneCrazy wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

SOE just did Halas. I dont want a new starting zone each expansion. And SOE has done numerous other things, such as the graphics updates, etc, that we haven't had to pay for.

Seems to me that they try to strike a balance of bringing new content to all levels for new and old players. And I know a lot of players who level lock toons in 20s, 30s, etc to explore this content. Plus they allow you to Mentor and Chrono back.

Why do people (not meaning you PC) always forget these things?

Ill pay for this expansion and the next one (even if its a part 2). The only thing I want is a Collectors Edition and for Freebloods to have the "turn into bats" / etc as part of race and not have to pay for it for each of your Freeblood characters. I will pay for other little frill items, but this should not be one of them.

Folks always forget these things because they love to complain. It's called a sense of entitlement. I wish that some of these people would go off and try some of the other MMOs that are available. I'm quite sure that they would discover - rather quickly - that the 'grass isn't always greener' on the other side.

We are getting an expansion. Be glad, FFS.

Eisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #24
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Folks always forget these things because they love to complain. It's called a sense of entitlement. I wish that some of these people would go off and try some of the other MMOs that are available. I'm quite sure that they would discover - rather quickly - that the 'grass isn't always greener' on the other side.

We are getting an expansion. Be glad, FFS.

a "sense of entilement" would mean it is free. It is not. We are not "getting an expansion" we are paying for it. $40 for part one.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #25
Jenadara

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

People get ticked off because they charge you 40 bucks for a tiny expansion.

One contested dungeon? 2 overland zones? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

(for the record i will buy it but i can tell already that it will be another itty bitty expac like odus......

Whatever happened to the days of massive expansions that were worth every penny?

Don't have to pay 40 bucks.  Just wait a couple months and it will go down.  Expansion packs are never worth that much for a p2p game in my opinion.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #26
Talifar

Loremaster

Pre-ordered.  I look forward to it.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #27
Zerebro

Loremaster

I gotta play $54 (as in, €40). Meh!

Zerebro is offline   Reply With Quote