EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Vaylan77

Loremaster
Vaylan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 412
Default

That PVP is borked is discussed in many other threads but one thing really should be changed that could fix so much for PVP: The fact that you don't go into combat when an enemy hits you!Really, this is total crap, destroys open PVP completely and is just pathetic. The devs should go out and see what happens: Single players moving into 20 enemy players, getting hit like mad and escape by just running away because they stay out of combat!Even worse, it gets abused: When you see someone and attack him, you are in combat. If he decides to not hit back he generates his health normally and very fast. Then he just moves around you in safe distance while you still stay a very long time in combat because you have still in combat movement speed and if he just stays near you you will stay in combat some time. Time enough for him to call his buddies and then they can decide to take the advantage and kill the sitting duck.I could even live with a change that said that only when you get hit by x hits in a short time you go into combat, or when you get hit by x different persons in a short time or you are dealt x amount of damage in a short time - but now this game is all about running.It's not even funny anymore to watch a dozen of people with in combat movement speed running after a single enemy over half the map with in 95% of the cases no chance to kill him. Even slowing him has not much effect on someone who has out of combat movement speed.Really - I don't see any logical reason from a game design perspective to have this "feature" implemented in the game on a PVP server. Seriously, this is only present for those people that whine about getting killed while they are questing. But those people should rather roll a toon on a blue server anyway for a PVP server is then completely wrong.Not going into combat after you get hit by an enemy player destroys open PVP - fact! And it destroys the fun (when you can speak of fun in the current warfield PVP situation anyway...) in warfield battles because no one likes permanent running. It destroys strategies as well for I remember back in the days you had a group and when you saw enemies you decided what you will do, one persons hits and slows, another one roots or does this. Today? Worthless, they might run anyway so best chances you have is going as close as possible and hit as fast as you can so you might have enough time to kill before they increase distance to you and run away.Please change at least THIS small feature to give open PVP a chance!

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Balrok

Loremaster
Balrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 862
Default

So devs have addressed removing you from combat when the target is out of range for x amount of time.  They made a pretty good improvement in this area as it "was" very bad.  I think the current system works pretty well.  If your target keeps themselve close enough to keep you in combat but manages to stay just enough away from you.... well, kudos to him/her and you need to focus on how to stop runners.  There are many options for this, just look outside your knowledge book (tinkering items, gear/items with snare procs, etc....).

Putting yourself in combat just cause you get hit is just dumb.  "in combat" is a players decision.  It's your job to stop runners and if you can't, then the runner is gone.... get over it.  It almost sounds like your running with a mass of people and raging cause you can't get another update from some solo noob that just runs in and let's the masses kill him/her.  Game is functioning as designed and how it should be.

__________________
The PvP issues are known and will be worked on "when time allows".

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Recruits

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
Default

Sorry, I disagree w/ original poster.

__________________
Loldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
raydenwins

Loremaster
raydenwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 186
Default

Could the devs please play the game with the paying customers to see first hand? Year after year reading these lengthy complaints just doesn't sink in.
raydenwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
ekylok

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: tennessee
Posts: 61
Default

I also disagree with the OP...if I am being chased by a group or more of the enemy and I choose not to fight back, I should have the oportunity to get away from the gankers.

I do however think that if I attack someone and they do not attack back, combat should drop quicker than it does.

ekylok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
AziBam

Loremaster
AziBam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 682
Default

ekylok wrote:

I do however think that if I attack someone and they do not attack back, combat should drop quicker than it does.

This ^^

AziBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
Azol

Loremaster
Azol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 526
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Time enough for him to call his buddies and then they can decide to take the advantage and kill the sitting duck.

Time for YOU to call for YOUR buddies. This should generate healthy PVP, problem solved.

The only thing that hurts PVP is BG. Make BG gear unusable in open-world PVP - blue servers are happy, more open-world PVP on red servers. Win-win.

__________________
Azol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
Duotang
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Duotang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 217
Default

[email protected] wrote:

That PVP is borked is discussed in many other threads but one thing really should be changed that could fix so much for PVP: The fact that you don't go into combat when an enemy hits you!Really, this is total crap, destroys open PVP completely and is just pathetic. The devs should go out and see what happens: Single players moving into 20 enemy players, getting hit like mad and escape by just running away because they stay out of combat!Even worse, it gets abused: When you see someone and attack him, you are in combat. If he decides to not hit back he generates his health normally and very fast. Then he just moves around you in safe distance while you still stay a very long time in combat because you have still in combat movement speed and if he just stays near you you will stay in combat some time. Time enough for him to call his buddies and then they can decide to take the advantage and kill the sitting duck.I could even live with a change that said that only when you get hit by x hits in a short time you go into combat, or when you get hit by x different persons in a short time or you are dealt x amount of damage in a short time - but now this game is all about running.It's not even funny anymore to watch a dozen of people with in combat movement speed running after a single enemy over half the map with in 95% of the cases no chance to kill him. Even slowing him has not much effect on someone who has out of combat movement speed.Really - I don't see any logical reason from a game design perspective to have this "feature" implemented in the game on a PVP server. Seriously, this is only present for those people that whine about getting killed while they are questing. But those people should rather roll a toon on a blue server anyway for a PVP server is then completely wrong.Not going into combat after you get hit by an enemy player destroys open PVP - fact! And it destroys the fun (when you can speak of fun in the current warfield PVP situation anyway...) in warfield battles because no one likes permanent running. It destroys strategies as well for I remember back in the days you had a group and when you saw enemies you decided what you will do, one persons hits and slows, another one roots or does this. Today? Worthless, they might run anyway so best chances you have is going as close as possible and hit as fast as you can so you might have enough time to kill before they increase distance to you and run away.Please change at least THIS small feature to give open PVP a chance!

You play a 39, yes, a 39 Ranger. Classy. You know, one of those scrubs that lockss a toon at 39, yes, 39, with 100% pvp gear. A 39, yes, 39 Ranger............you know, the class that RUNS away the most in pvp. This was 2 minutes of my life wasted.

Just a scrubby post by a scrubby player.

Duotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #9
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
Vlahkmaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 1,213
Default

Sorry, I disagree with this post.  Attacking someone and forcing them into combat is not a good idea.  There are roots, knock backs, snares, etc to stop runners.

__________________
Obin 92 Iksar Necro Opus Dei Nagafen

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Tenka
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 213
Default

umad cuz someone got away from your 20v1 gank ? wow.
Tenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Chakos

Loremaster
Chakos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 324
Default

[email protected] wrote:

umad cuz someone got away from your 20v1 gank ? wow.

That's what it sounds like

Chakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
MsBoss01

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Default

[email protected] wrote:

When you see someone and attack him, you are in combat. If he decides to not hit back he generates his health normally and very fast. Then he just moves around you in safe distance while you still stay a very long time in combat because you have still in combat movement speed and if he just stays near you you will stay in combat some time. Time enough for him to call his buddies and then they can decide to take the advantage and kill the sitting duck.

Disagree with this post.... you CHOSE to become the said 'sitting duck' by attacking the person in the first place....and now you want sympathy and game changes because you didn't think through your attack BEFORE attacking? Sounds like you should move to PVE and fight the NPCs who instantly fight back because a computer tells them to. Of course then you will be upset because they are attacking you while you are unawares and YOU can't run away..... hmmm, maybe try checkers instead....

MsBoss01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster
Greggthegrmreapr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 971
Default

Yeah, thats not gonna make the game any better.  Then you end up with groups of people only sitting at choke points and quest areas because then they know they get updates because people can't get away from full groups.

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

__________________
Shut up blubie! BG's are not and will never be PVP!


Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
AziBam

Loremaster
AziBam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 682
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

I see this comment frequently.  What are the main differences between now and then?  I'm too new to the PVP end of this game to know.  All I've ever known is how it currently is (more or less.)

AziBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 116
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So devs have addressed removing you from combat when the target is out of range for x amount of time.  They made a pretty good improvement in this area as it "was" very bad.  I think the current system works pretty well.  If your target keeps themselve close enough to keep you in combat but manages to stay just enough away from you.... well, kudos to him/her and you need to focus on how to stop runners.  There are many options for this, just look outside your knowledge book (tinkering items, gear/items with snare procs, etc....).

Putting yourself in combat just cause you get hit is just dumb.  "in combat" is a players decision.  It's your job to stop runners and if you can't, then the runner is gone.... get over it.  It almost sounds like your running with a mass of people and raging cause you can't get another update from some solo noob that just runs in and let's the masses kill him/her.  Game is functioning as designed and how it should be.

I do not think this out of combat works. I see far too many people run off at high speeds about 2  seconds after they attack someone. It is annoying to chase someone who only toys with you and never enters combat but that is life. Ignore him. But It is more than frustrating to see people, on both sides, get out of combat far to quickly. I would rather be kept in combat then have it broken in 2 seconds.

I have no problem of someone getting away from a 1v10 fight. Everyone should have a chance to get away. But I understand what the OP is saying. It is not that someone is running form a gank (they actually run away and leave the area) but when someone hangs around without a worry becuase they can always run away if their helth gets to low. It is annoying b but the solution is ignore it and it will either go away, enter combat and leech or make a mistake and die.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 116
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

I see this comment frequently.  What are the main differences between now and then?  I'm too new to the PVP end of this game to know.  All I've ever known is how it currently is (more or less.)

Only difference I see is everone has 80%+ run speed now v then.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #17
max.power

Loremaster
max.power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 520
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

I see this comment frequently.  What are the main differences between now and then?  I'm too new to the PVP end of this game to know.  All I've ever known is how it currently is (more or less.)

KoS had the cloud flight pads where groups could wait for unaware players flying in and kill them before the group even rendered. We had rangers with very high in combat run speed. Wow that was funny playing a ranger these days, uncontested kiting FTW! Brigands were awesome too because there was no immunity to stuns. Stun locking everyone without having a chance to fight back was soo funny. Swashbucklers had Reach... was very nice, felt like playing a ranger and most melee classes had no chance to even touch the swashy. Assassins could oneshot every cloth wearer with Assassinate, like it is supposed to be. Oh yes.

Not to forget: You could lose fame/infamy on death so your best bet was to fight near edges to jump to death quickly before getting killed. PvP tokens dropped in chests, the fastest clicker won. Oh the fun and rage when you didn't kill someone but were able to loot the chests at first. L.O.L. good times!

/end sarcasm

What I want to say with this is: There was no single time in EQ2 PvP where ALL and EVERYTHING was 100% perfect for everyone. People that had an advantage in PvP during KoS (be it class or gear because they were in a top end raiding guild) will always remember this time as "the best PvP". KoS had it's ups and downs like every expansion that followed, some classes were OP, some mechanics were broken.

The only very good thing in KoS was the contested content, that's true. If we just had the same amount of long quests in the open world and in open dungeons and more contested raid encounters in SF you would see less b*tching and moaning and less nostalgia posts about KoS. It's truly sad that EQ2 introduced more and more instanced content. Instances are the PvP killer number one. But that's the way it is, this game is centered around PvE players and they are not that interested in having contested content (which I understand).

max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
Vaylan77

Loremaster
Vaylan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 412
Default

[email protected] wrote:

You play a 39, yes, a 39 Ranger. Classy. You know, one of those scrubs that lockss a toon at 39, yes, 39, with 100% pvp gear. A 39, yes, 39 Ranger............you know, the class that RUNS away the most in pvp. This was 2 minutes of my life wasted.

Just a scrubby post by a scrubby player.

You miss the fact that my "ranger" - that you obviously dislike so much - was created over 4 years back when there was no WFs, no BGs, just vintage gear which took you lots of time to get and open PVP was everywhere, even city PVP, fame/infamy and you actually had a chance to fight in the wild (today you can easily get 30 kills in a warfield just by camping at a tower and have massive battles with no strategies). And wild fights that was what it was and yes that meant killing others while they quested, even ganking those who raided. But THAT is PVP on a PVP server - I was killed and I was ganked also, that's just equal to every player then.Then I didn't touch him for 4 years, came back and everything changed. In a short time (and I work and don't play the whole day!) I had full PVP gear, full masters, 160 AAs (and yes, the AA thing was not there back in the time also!). So now guess again what is the problem here, my "ranger" or the PVP game design.Blame it on certain classes also just justifies the fact that not the players but the game itself is broken by the way. Think about it.

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #19
Ekelefer

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 116
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

I see this comment frequently.  What are the main differences between now and then?  I'm too new to the PVP end of this game to know.  All I've ever known is how it currently is (more or less.)

KoS had the cloud flight pads where groups could wait for unaware players flying in and kill them before the group even rendered. We had rangers with very high in combat run speed. Wow that was funny playing a ranger these days, uncontested kiting FTW! Brigands were awesome too because there was no immunity to stuns. Stun locking everyone without having a chance to fight back was soo funny. Swashbucklers had Reach... was very nice, felt like playing a ranger and most melee classes had no chance to even touch the swashy. Assassins could oneshot every cloth wearer with Assassinate, like it is supposed to be. Oh yes.

---Ranger In-Combat Run Speed was nerfed.

---Immunity to Stuns was introduced.

---Reach was nerfed.

---......Yeah Assassins owned mages.

Not to forget: You could lose fame/infamy on death so your best bet was to fight near edges to jump to death quickly before getting killed. PvP tokens dropped in chests, the fastest clicker won. Oh the fun and rage when you didn't kill someone but were able to loot the chests at first. L.O.L. good times!

---Your best bet was to hover near the edge of a cliff to avoid a fame hit? That sounds like the best bet of a perpetual loser. My best bet was to win.

---Yeah Tokens dropped off chests and if another player struck your target before that target reached 50% hp, they had a chance of loot the chest. You won some and you lost some. You EARNED your tokens then.

/end sarcasm

What I want to say with this is: There was no single time in EQ2 PvP where ALL and EVERYTHING was 100% perfect for everyone. People that had an advantage in PvP during KoS (be it class or gear because they were in a top end raiding guild) will always remember this time as "the best PvP". KoS had it's ups and downs like every expansion that followed, some classes were OP, some mechanics were broken.

The only very good thing in KoS was the contested content, that's true. If we just had the same amount of long quests in the open world and in open dungeons and more contested raid encounters in SF you would see less b*tching and moaning and less nostalgia posts about KoS. It's truly sad that EQ2 introduced more and more instanced content. Instances are the PvP killer number one. But that's the way it is, this game is centered around PvE players and they are not that interested in having contested content (which I understand).

People liken KOS to the so called "Golden Age of PvP" because it was the peak of EQ2's PvP trajectory. By the time KOS arrived the community had steeped in a PvP atmosphere long enough to produce the following: The community and a pecking order were established. Players had experienced a PvP envrioment long enough to master their classes and to cultivate strategies against rival classes. There was PvP gear but it was not as pervasive or influential. Yes scouts had an advanatge in acquiring this gear but a player equipped in Legendary/Fabled gear looted from npc mobs could still compete to acquire their own tokens and gear. Every piece of equipment did not have a proc, or multiple procs. For the most part class roles were much more rigid: healers healed, scouts DPSed, mages DPSed, tanks tanked. There were a few classes that blurred the lines but nothing like what we have today. Most importantly the level of competition was fiercer back in KOS. When Venekor and Nagafen had their own forums, everyday there were at least a half dozen new topics typically about what happened yesterday in pvp, who got owned, who was the best of the best or just venom being spit amongst rivals.

KOS was the right time at the right place. It was the expansion that arrived when the PvP enviroment was old enough to be established but still young enough to allow for a lot of growth. Back then a lot of guilds rose and fell from season to season and they all competed fiercely for that pinnicale position at the top. That's how the infamous like Hastely came about. KOS was the peak because everyday there was a good chance for a random RaidvsRaidvsRAid. I remember loggging in and my guildmates immediately summoning me to Antonica where Den of Madness, Exile and my guild, Dauntless, were having a three way slug fest that spawned simply because of DoM peeps got caught up and called for reinforcements. Dauntless called in theirs and Exile saw what was going down. Soon there was a 2hr PvP skirmish that trekked up to Barren Sky and down into Commonlands. Things like this don't happen anymore.    

P.S.

I know KOS and PvP were launched at the same time. What I mean when I say "By the time KOS arrived" is that by the time everyone that rerolled onto a PvP server and reached the KOS content starting over from lvl1, the community was established and all that KOS added could start to take affect.

Ekelefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #20
Duotang
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Duotang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 217
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You play a 39, yes, a 39 Ranger. Classy. You know, one of those scrubs that lockss a toon at 39, yes, 39, with 100% pvp gear. A 39, yes, 39 Ranger............you know, the class that RUNS away the most in pvp. This was 2 minutes of my life wasted.

Just a scrubby post by a scrubby player.

You miss the fact that my "ranger" - that you obviously dislike so much - was created over 4 years back when there was no WFs, no BGs, just vintage gear which took you lots of time to get and open PVP was everywhere, even city PVP, fame/infamy and you actually had a chance to fight in the wild (today you can easily get 30 kills in a warfield just by camping at a tower and have massive battles with no strategies). And wild fights that was what it was and yes that meant killing others while they quested, even ganking those who raided. But THAT is PVP on a PVP server - I was killed and I was ganked also, that's just equal to every player then.Then I didn't touch him for 4 years, came back and everything changed. In a short time (and I work and don't play the whole day!) I had full PVP gear, full masters, 160 AAs (and yes, the AA thing was not there back in the time also!). So now guess again what is the problem here, my "ranger" or the PVP game design.Blame it on certain classes also just justifies the fact that not the players but the game itself is broken by the way. Think about it.

Whopee, you work. Who doesn't?

I have a ranger as well, created in early 2006. He's still level 32 with 71 aa. I have bought him a couple of new pvp pieces, but for the most part, he's still in MC gear with all the old adorns. So don't give me this sob story crap that you locked him 4 years ago at 39. What a load of BS.

You ran away just as much as the next guy fella. Don't pretend you don't because you're only lying to yourself.

Duotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #21
Tenka
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 213
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

I see this comment frequently.  What are the main differences between now and then?  I'm too new to the PVP end of this game to know.  All I've ever known is how it currently is (more or less.)

Only difference I see is everone has 80%+ run speed now v then.

50 aa was the cap

items with procs were special.  now evey single slot procs

itemization in general was a lot flatter

spells get fancier and more outrageous every expansion

all the high lvl ppl were either going to ss dock or kos, so you knew right where to go find pvp

Tenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
gdawg311

Loremaster
gdawg311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Long Island NY!
Posts: 218
Default

Duotang,  please stop raging. thanks.

gdawg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #23
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst
Rank: Initiate (1k Status)

Loremaster
Ilovecows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 795
Default

What gdog311 said. Quit flaming, what class he plays doesn't make a buttloaf of difference. The issue still exists. Anyone, withe the exclusion of someone in quest gear, for the most part, can pick and chose any fight. If someone attacks them, it is their choice if the want to fight or nort. They think they have a large chance of winning, they go for it. If they think it is possible they might lose, they can run. Imo it isn't the pvp spirit to pick and choose only fights you could win. I would like to see someone say otherwise.
__________________
All people suck and are idiots. Only believe yourself.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 AM   #24
Vaylan77

Loremaster
Vaylan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 412
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Whopee, you work. Who doesn't?

I have a ranger as well, created in early 2006. He's still level 32 with 71 aa. I have bought him a couple of new pvp pieces, but for the most part, he's still in MC gear with all the old adorns. So don't give me this sob story crap that you locked him 4 years ago at 39. What a load of BS.

You ran away just as much as the next guy fella. Don't pretend you don't because you're only lying to yourself.

1. Where did i say that he was locked at 39 4 years back? He was locked at 15, then 20, then 25 - cause at that time you could actually do open PVP in TS, in Commonlands etc. With new PVP the new PVP span ist T4. Yeah blame me for doing the same as the rest in the game does.2. Ok now you say I should stop running while everyone runs. That's logical. I WOULD love to not being able to run if everyone would not be able to run either! I don't care being killed openly as far as I can kill others openly as well.3. Get some real arguments instead of flaming around or keep out of this post. It gets pathetic. Now you are the one wasting everyone's time by reading your trolls.And to those thinking that killing players everywhere would make people camp quest areas. Yes, but your guys would camp there as well. And that was just the fact when I played PVP years back. Actually I would like to see people camping every quest area available for it would mean that lots of PVP would take place. At that time you just called for help in the chat and people came 2 mins later. Today no one wastes 30 minutes to kill a group of 4-6 players when they can kill 30+ in the same time in a warfield.

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #25
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster
Greggthegrmreapr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 971
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Take the PvP servers back to the KoS era and PvP will be back to the best that it ever was.  It was still a little borked then, but not nearly this bad.

I see this comment frequently.  What are the main differences between now and then?  I'm too new to the PVP end of this game to know.  All I've ever known is how it currently is (more or less.)

PvP was at its height here because (at least in my opinion) fights were a lot more fun, there was a load of contested content that made even more PvP.  A 6v6 fight could last 30 minutes or more depending on the make ups of the groups.  Not every one could heal for thousands a second themselves and healers were needed to heal during fights.  It was just a lot more fun.  Now its go out and find a ton of sk/ranger/assasins and a few other classes mixed in.  Can't damage the mages and scouts proc so much crap you are dead in seconds.

__________________
Shut up blubie! BG's are not and will never be PVP!


Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:57 AM   #26
Xarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Xarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Default

The OP sounds like a noob who got GOT by an old trick.  L2P and this wont happen to you.  you will get better eventually, maybe you will even use a snare or a stun on someone.. or maybe you will get him to engage you.

__________________
CoE & Sunder in 2012

Please Fix Brigands.

Antonia_Bayle.Xarc

Brigand of Equilibrium
Xarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #27
Vaylan77

Loremaster
Vaylan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 412
Default

[email protected] wrote:

The OP sounds like a noob who got GOT by an old trick.  L2P and this wont happen to you.  you will get better eventually, maybe you will even use a snare or a stun on someone.. or maybe you will get him to engage you.

I have to lol on you: LOL.I have snares, I have tinker stuff, I have rear shot, I have a root and stuns and you really want to tell me that I can hold off someone sitting on a mount? You are obviously the much bigger noob on this thread buddy. You obviously haven't seen whole groups casting everything on someone running and he still manages to break it, recover his health out of combat very fast and runs away while you instead are now in combat movement speed and will be 3 seconds later too far from him to get any root on him again.So go out and learn to play yourself and please read my post. I also refer to people running to whole groups. They DO NOT want to engange anyone there. Why? To get slaughtered by 10 people? So why should I get such a person engaging me? With getting into combat when you are hit people would stop this stupid crap.I think you are one of those people who takes massive advantage of this fact. Maybe one of those who is in a group of evacers where always one person stays out of combat to be able to evac the whole team when they are getting down only to be there soon afterwards again with another one staying out of combat to evac again if they fail again.Go and play T4 PVP on Freep side at the moment. That we are down by numbers is one thing - that's life - but even if you find someone away from the horde you are not really able to kill him, he just stays out of combat and moves to his buddies while you are now in combat. So even killing those who are a little too far away from their teams is not working.

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #28
Proud_Silence

Loremaster
Proud_Silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 342
Default

You are a ranger and complain about people getting away from you.... there's no other class that can slow down the runspeed of people more then rangers...and yet you want them to get locked to combat after you hit them from up to 70m away.

This makes my head ache so much i can't get myself to formulate a civilised response....god how i despise rangers....

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
Tenka
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 213
Default

Proud_Silence wrote:

You are a ranger and complain about people getting away from you.... there's no other class that can slow down the runspeed of people more then rangers...and yet you want them to get locked to combat after you hit them from up to 70m away.

This makes my head ache so much i can't get myself to formulate a civilised response....god how i despise rangers....

Tenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #30
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst
Rank: Initiate (1k Status)

Loremaster
Ilovecows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 795
Default

Proud_Silence wrote:

You are a ranger and complain about people getting away from you.... there's no other class that can slow down the runspeed of people more then rangers...and yet you want them to get locked to combat after you hit them from up to 70m away.

This makes my head ache so much i can't get myself to formulate a civilised response....god how i despise rangers....

As i pretty much just play my sk, I can't quite say for pretty much any other class, but i am usually on my mount around 80% run speed.  Anyone can hit me, and if i don't feel like fighting, ranger or not, mage or not, they can root me, snare me, shoot me from 70m away put EVERYTHING on me, and unless it is a group with a lot of snare and root potential, they cannot keep me from running.  My hp regens to quickly to do enough damage to take me down, and if i want to, regardless of the classes trying to kill me, I can get away, most often unless 8+ people they can bearly get me into yellow. 

Point of the thread is, Anyone can pick and chose their fights, and the only way you can actually get a fight, is if someone thinks that they would be able to kill you easily.  IMO, that isn't how pvp should be, seems more like a bluebie, i want to be able to get an awesome KvD without having to take any effort to gear out my toon or gain any skill!  kind of a rule.

It is dumb.  FIX IT.

__________________
All people suck and are idiots. Only believe yourself.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.