EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Updated: See Post below.

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
bleap

Loremaster

I have yet to play any of the new instances but let me get this straight...you say it takes hours to complete one instance?

bleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Lethe5683

Loremaster

The isntances in TSO are overly hard.  They say an instance is "easy" but in befallen: cavern of the afflicted we had a really tough time getting past the first area of crazy fast respawns.  The easy zones should be like chelsith difficulty but most of them are harder than maidens.  The isntances are designed well and fun if you get a good group setup but the rating system is not even close to accurate.  The easy, medium, hard etc really is accurate only with the absolute best loot from all RoK dungeons and a ideal party setup.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Gaige

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Main Issues: We never found the key, we need a clue to where the key is in each zone. Missions and quests do no scale which is nonsense. Void shards should be given to everyone so they can stock up, or make the armor scale so they can get their own. Monster hp is much to high. A lot of us have no experience with scripted encounters and don't know what to look for to do them. Scripts need less vague clues.

The key for the void shard chests is random.  You don't always get one.

Scripted encounters are fun, just pay attention to npc say and what is going on around you, should only take a few pulls to learn everything.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
drasklin

Lord

I swore I would quit playing if the only way I could progress in the game is to log on "LFG".  This expansion requires that.  In order to progress in any form of the game, including raiding, you must do group content.  I guess that is great for the players that are always looking for groups in channel, but it really sucks for the rest of us.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but so far this expansion is a last straw for me and is as big a fail as DoF.

drasklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
Killerbee3000

Loremaster

bleap wrote:

I have yet to play any of the new instances but let me get this straight...you say it takes hours to complete one instance?

There are some that you wont complete on the first time, not even after several hours, I'm talking about the two hardest ones, however there are also ones that are easy and definitly wont take long like for example Hollow Tower or Anathema.

Also dont forget the op was in a bugged instance (stuff doesnt sclae down properly atm, so he was facing far tougher mobs than intended) which made it take far longer.

Killerbee3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
BladeLo

General

First Impression.

I have spent 3 years getting several toons to level 80 in both adventuring and crafting.  I sell stuff on the broker.  I find my fun in provisioning the server.  They turn to me for their needs.

That is gone.  In one fell swoop my sales have gone from a lot to nothing.  A few silver per day.  No one wants my mastercrafted stuff now because were all going to adventure for legendary.  No one wants my carpenter stuff because with a 50 percent tradeskill bonus we can all be level 80 crafters in 2 weeks.

Nerf. Nerf.  Nerf.  Sony absolutely has ruined their game and just dont know it yet.

As for me.  Cancel.  I will give someone else my money.

No you cant have my stuff.  I will find a perverse pleasure in sending 3 years worth of work into electronic hell.

Toodles.

BladeLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
DragonMaster2385

Loremaster

First, the key is NOT random; it drops off the same mob every time.  It is a unique mob with a different name than anything else in the zone, but it isn't a named.  If you don't find a key, you missed something.

Second, in RoK, the only way to progress was NOT to be LFG, so this is a fair balance for tier 8.  You want to solo, there's tons of stuff to do in RoK. Or, you can play a single player rpg and get the same effect.

Third, my first impressions are pretty good.  I have done 5 different instances, and my favorite so far is Scion of Ice.  It was pretty hard the first time and took us a few hours, but we only had a 77 healer.  The thing I like most is you don't need to kill all of the nameds to complete missions (at least any I have done so far).  I love the difficulty of the zones; it makes it so they don't become CoA in 2 months and you can solo heal everything in 45 minutes.  These zones are HUGE compared to the few RoK instances that we have.  I reccomend two healers atm, but it won't be necessary for all of the zones once more people get equipt with the better gear.  The solo quests in Moors are entertaining to do while trying to form a group and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that you get AA for doing missions that you have already done.  It's so fun doing instances that no one has done before because you are all learning at the same time and you have to use your head to figure it out.

Grouping is much more challenging that soloing, so this really adds some spice to the life of the game.  The fact that there is so much that can be bought with the void shards make it so that this expansion will certainly keep me occupied for a year.

But, RoK came out and groupers complained.  TSO comes out and soloers complained.  The problem is that they need to release a balanced expansion instead of being heavy on one particular playstyle.

DragonMaster2385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 AM   #9
wolfIII

Loremaster

Grouping was necessary in all expansions to progress.  The only difference is, in past expansions you could do an instance until you got what you were after then stop if you wanted to.  It might take 5 runs or 3o runs, you never knew.  Part of the excitement of doing the zone is the anticipation of getting what you needed.

In this expansion, if you need say 5 items you know it's going to take maybe 200 instance runs to buy them.  There is no anticipation, no surprises, no fun.  You just go thru the paces, get your void shard and move on.  Other than the void shard, there is very little to look foreward to in the zone.

Some people that raid spend a lot of time in that type of grouping.  In order for them to get their raid patterns made they also need void shards.  That means they need to spend time in these zones on their raid toons and takes away from the time they may have spent in instances getting gear they could actually use on alts.  I think having the requirement for void shards for raid toons is a mistake.

So far, I'm not a fan of the expansion and I like to do more with my game time than LFG and run instances.  The only good thing is it's only going to be around for a year so I can sweat it out that long.  I'll just do what I have to to get by on my toons and wait til next year.

wolfIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:34 AM   #10
shadowedwolf

Loremaster

The xpac is OK... but that's about it IMO...

Moors of Ykesha (sp?) is very cool but to laggy, which is expected when a new xpac comes out... but, it doesn't help that zone caps are so high. The other day I went there, hit / then enter and the thingy to find out who is in a zone capped out... So with over 100 people there, even people with great computers are having some lag issues. No bueno.

Haven't seen the dungoens since I've been working alot... but I hear they range in difficulty, which is cool... though I've heard and read that some of the zones were buggy.

That brings me to the AA lines... which vary from class to class. Surprise surprise, assassins got treated like royalty. Bah! For my 7 (Ranger, Swashy, Necro, Inquis, Pally, Zerker, Dirge) the new AA varied from making me jump for joy (Dirge), not caring one way or the other (Swashy) to having serious thoughts about not renewing my account for awhile (Ranger). Yes, I know Rangers are hybrid classes... but I just wasn't impressed at all.

Also not a big fan of the way Ashanti Sul becomes worshippable. Raid has to open her up, cool cool... but some of the top raiders on my server have said it's to much of a PITA so... who knows when she'll be open.

It's a C xpac with good, bad and just plain ugly.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #11
Grumble69

Loremaster

I can't comment on the group portion.  I'm a family man who can only get online for short spurts in the evening.  So a lot of that content just doesn't fit in with my life style.

With regards to the solo, I give it about a 5/10.  It's not bad.  It's not good.  So far the quests are--go kill 10-12 of this, go harvest 10-12 of that.  Very similar to RoK.  The majority of mobs that I've encountered in the main solo zone are regular / non-heroic.  However, to my 77 Brig (130AAs & mastercrafted gear), they're not trivial kills.

I thought it was pretty cheesy that it was advertised to the 50+ crowd but there was no zones specifically for the 50-70 range.  You can argue that there are enough zones for these levels already.  However, with the xp bonus given for characters who are already 80, SOE is definitely sending a signal to go play those alts.  It would have been nice to something new.

Overall, I give it a solid 'meh'.  I would only consider buying it if--a) you're apart of an active guild, or b) your class has a sucky AA tree on one side or the other.  I'm kicking myself for spending the last 10AAs that I put in the brigand tree.  They were largely a waste and didn't do much.  Now I've got to blow 10 (8 now) in the general fluff category before I can reach my class specific ones.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #12
Couching
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Pwn Pwn Pwn

Loremaster

For OP, the named fights in many instances are no more spank and loot. You have to figure out the script, otherwise, you are not going to kill it.

It shows the creativities of designers. I give it a thumb up.

For suggestions, I hope there would be more shard items with better quality. I have checked the shard merchants and I am not impressed. Most jewelries are worse than drops from instances.

For class armor, the basic shard armor is nice but the advanced shard armor is pretty weak. Maybe we can get advanced of advanced shard armor in the future update.

Couching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
steelbadger

Loremaster

First: Moors of Ykesha, i love the zone so far, good solo content engaging quests nice art, huge zone, no complaints.

Moors seems to be nice for soloing, not a great soloer but I spent a bit of time there and the lines seem easy to follow, even if there was a shortage of mobs to go around on launch

Second: I love the premise of the group instances, but i feel they weren't properly done.

I've only done Befallen:  Cavern of the Afflicted and Miragul's Phylactery:  The Anathema so far, they were great fun, I love to see zones requiring a little bit more than just tank and spank, I particularly like the requirement that everyone is aware of what is going on, not just 1-2 people.

First i did Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted, i was the berserker tank, and our dps consisted of a dirge and a necromancer, we tried to do it at 63, but that was getting us just more deaths so we had to unmentor up to 76, the 3 of us, and did the zone that way, the respawns are incredibly quick and we had to rush the named to stop it. Upon getting down the well we entirely skipped that event because there was no clue it was actually an event and not just some surprise spawns. The centipede named was confusing as we had no idea what exactly its going underground meant and it seemed to hurt us if we got near it so we all just ran away. The burning named we just ranged pulled out of the room and had no issues with that. We got to more respawns and had more issues keeping up with spawns till we did a rush again. Got to last named had no issues killed him. Overall in zone time: 4 hours, from learning the zone to simply dieing from social agro and to many mobs hitting to hard, as well as looking for key.

I went in with a 77 warden, 80 inquisitor, 80 Warlock, 80 troub, 80 ranger and myself, an 80 guard.  We didn't mentor.  At 80 the mobs didn't hit too hard and we were capable of taking 4-5 encounters at once, the problem was holding aggro on that many mobs as they could eat through squishies rather fast.  Once we got the method down for moving along the infested corridors they weren't too much of a problem, it's all about positioning.  The fears added an interesting random component but crouch walk fixed that.

Took us quite a while to work out the centipede, in the end I noticed that while I stood still it did not come for me, I then tested it by pulling it off the others while it was underground by running in close circles.  Think of the movie Tremors, don't move, don't make a sound, the only way it knows where you are is by the noise and vibrations you make.  Aside from that make sure you cure the aoe nox power drain and it's a winner.

We also pulled the ever-burning soul out of the room, not a problem.

Bonegrinder had tons of HP, but we had almost run out of power by that point (having to chain pull 6-7 groups to get to him).

Main Issues: We never found the key, we need a clue to where the key is in each zone. Missions and quests do no scale which is nonsense. Void shards should be given to everyone so they can stock up, or make the armor scale so they can get their own. Monster hp is much to high. A lot of us have no experience with scripted encounters and don't know what to look for to do them. Scripts need less vague clues.

We never found the key either, and we cleared every mob in zone (with the exception of the encounter that repops), we got a tentacle with a fabled tag though, similar to they keys but the bloke who got it said he couldn't open the chest.

I loved the encounter scripts, we died a lot to the centipede but the eurika moment was awesome

I admit i loved Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted the first time i went through tanking with 2 healers a dirge, necro, and paly, but that was pure coincidence i got that group setup, and we took about 3 minutes to kill each huge group and i was main damage dealer through new skills. We could not die on the huge groups in that version, but it still took forever to kill.

We had a nice aoe dps group too, though tanking with a guard was a bit hectic, I found myself running out of taunts all too often.

We shouldn't be expected to have perfect group setups, with perfect gear and perfect skills to do instances. Alot of the people i have been running with in pickups are completely confused with the entire process of the dungeons, some thought it would be LDON style only taking a half hour, not multiple hours.

I dunno, I wouldn't call your setup a perfect setup, I wouldn't call mine a perfect setup.  I admit you will have a bit of trouble if all you have for dps is a brig and assassin though.

I'm not going to rank the solo content as I really don't have much of a clue about it, but I'd give the group content a 8/10 so far.  Tough but very doable with lots of nice quirks to work out.

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #14
Drewx

Loremaster

So my opinion on TSO...I honestly think it's a great expansion, it's brought groups back to life. RoK was very solo which was not bad, but the instances in RoK overly enforced a specific set-up with hurt alot of grouping.I LOVE the beauty of the instances, the storylines each instance has, the depth and immersion of moors.But to be blunt:Moors of Yeksha: 4/10It's get a 4 mainly because it's nearly unplayable. I know SOE has been wanting super zones, and Moors is more of a...Mega Zone...but the issue with this is it put alot of strain on our systems, and the server...and thus we end up in an enviroment where our main enemy isn't the npcs...but the lag. For classes not in plate the Moors is a very deadly place!I fully support Upper Moors being it's own zone, and Lower Moors, being it's own zone. Currently Moors is just unacceptable!

As the Moors of Yeksha is the area for solo-play as per the Dev team, having multiple quests end with the slaying of a Heroic ^^^ mob is downright infuriating. If the quest are for solo players why are we being forced to make a group to enda quest chain?I have no issues with the signature series requiring a group, instances, and raids...and mainly because that's a big DUH. You gotta use teamwork to accomplish big feats...but when (and this is just a made up example) a NPC sends me to kill mobs for his family to eat dinner, and the final mob is a heroic ^^^ then I...get extremely mad.On another note I'm very dissappointed that Moors has no daily quest for 1 void shard, or that the quest chains don't end with a shard. I dusted off my SK for TSO and I would LOVE to run the instances but without atleast legendary gear I can't do crap in an instance. NO ONE wants players in MC... *feels RoK flashbacks* To get gear you gotta run em...but no one wants/will join you because you don't have the gear...so...how do you get the gear?

Solo-Play: 6/10Alot of the quest are fun...some really have too much back and forth travel, and laggy combat is an issue but I'm sure SOE is working on fixing it.Questlines ending with a heroic encounter...is a big no-no for solo-play!Rewards are sub-par but some or real winners! The overall immersion and storylines are fun, and enjoyable.Group Play: 8/10The instances are beautiful! The puzzles and mission quests are fun, rewarding, and they really make you feel like a true adventurer exploring deadly dungeons.Boss fights are extremely unique and I absolutely love it! If someone has legions under his/her command for centuries then what sense does it make that a group of 5 people can waltz in insult him/her and just beat him to the ground with no trouble?

Boss Fights: 3/10While I love the that every boss in unique...there is an EXTREMELY fine line between: "Challenging Boss Encounter" and "Downright Unfair Boss Encounter"Now some bosses do openly give out there trick...like Kierax in Obilisk of Ahkzul(sp?).but some of them are just OVERKILL and completely unfair.Magmadin in Hollow Tower for one...randomly teleporting the group into lava...and stunning em under the lava...thats just completely unfair! Boss fights should be a challenge, and the final boss should have a "sense" of urgency and struggle but...some bosses are just close to unbeatable unless you are in the top of the line gear.Najena in Hollow Tower (in the lvl 80 scale) is just BRUTAL...the zerg waves of heroic ^^s and the big ^^^ heroic collossus is brutal...you basically need a group with extremely good gear to work it easily.I don't want easy encounters but that encounter was just too much, all the groups attacked within 10-20 seconds of eachother. Burning down groups of 8 ^^ heroics in under 20secs is harsh!Ra'zul the Gallery Curator is brutal! You basically have to defeat him in under 55seconds...which is greatly irritating, he himself is rather challenging but the event will most likely kill you long before he's dead.

Bricktop in Nuroga...is...just...a [Removed for Content] PITA! He may be bugged.I love unique boss fights, but they need to be do-able...and I think i remember TSO being said to being the solution to RoK's low group content, but it was suppose to also eliminate the requirement of x class for x instance. Obvious a group of tanks can run it, but it was suppose to smooth out the lines so that you don't have to spend hours looking a specific class. Where you can make do with another class at the cost of the instacne taking a little longer to run.But with how the bosses are...players are forced to need x class for x instance. If you're class is useless or of no use in that instance..."Tough."

My overall impression/review... 6/10

Drewx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #15
githyanki

Loremaster

I like the expansion so far.    The scipting in some of the encounters is very fun and you can't just generally tank and spank them all.    The overland zone was ok but not enough critters in it and was besides the final fantasy feel of the balloon rides kinda unexciting.  

Good general rule of thumb is if you can't handle Maiden's Chamber with one healer you have no business being in the easy lvl dungeons.   That being said I really feel that if soe's target audience was the mastercrafted player they missed the boat.    The lvl of dps needed to carry thru say the coffin named guy in the loping plains instance is greater then those level of geared players can bring to bear.   Now if you have group epic mix of rok legendary and the rare instanced group fabled stuff the easy stuff is gonna be very challenging to you but doable with  a proper group setup.    And in proper group setup i would say either 2 healers dirge/trouby one tank and a 12k avg group.    Or i would say one healer kick but utility and 15k avg group to be able to do the easy stuff reliably.    This expansion gets the player populace back to group building 101.    Solid tank 2 different kinds of healers...plate chain...leather chain etc etc....no more then 1 mage simply because of resists on their spells....solid hate transfer and people who know their class and can pay attention and problem solve on the fly.   Some kind of ventrillo or voice program is I consider standard also.  

So to sum up all depends on what target audiance soe had in mind  as to say if they have a winner or not.  

githyanki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
Vortexelemental

Loremaster

First: Moors of Ykesha, i love the zone so far, good solo content engaging quests nice art, huge zone, no complaints.

Second: I love the premise of the group instances, but i feel they weren't properly done.

First i did Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted, i was the berserker tank, and our dps consisted of a dirge and a necromancer, we tried to do it at 63, but that was getting us just more deaths so we had to unmentor up to 76, the 3 of us, and did the zone that way, the respawns are incredibly quick and we had to rush the named to stop it. Upon getting down the well we entirely skipped that event because there was no clue it was actually an event and not just some surprise spawns. The centipede named was confusing as we had no idea what exactly its going underground meant and it seemed to hurt us if we got near it so we all just ran away. The burning named we just ranged pulled out of the room and had no issues with that. We got to more respawns and had more issues keeping up with spawns till we did a rush again. Got to last named had no issues killed him. Overall in zone time: 4 hours, from learning the zone to simply dieing from social agro and to many mobs hitting to hard, as well as looking for key.

Later went on and did Mistmyr Manor, we couldnt continue to do people being confused with lockouts, did Evernight Abbey instead, got stuck on the named with coffins, could not figure it out, group broke. Tanked Befallen: Necrotic Asylum, group was 80 i was 76 we went at 76 and had them at 80. We had a warden, 2 templars, ranger, troubadour and berserker. Could not get past Captain Hamyr, brought in a 80 Paladin for me, and i swapped to conjuror. Ranger left. Still could not kill him left. Did Befallen: CotA again, group could not progess with single healer mentored at 57. Broke up. He was aoeing us for 12k, and we saw he had a script but tried 15 times and we couldnt figure it out.

Solo Rating: 9/10

Group Rating: 3/10

Overall i loved the idea, but creating content that just doesn't work for 6+ groups, does not have completely scaling content as well as vague scripts and no clues to some parts of the instance is not my idea of fun.

I admit i loved Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted the first time i went through tanking with 2 healers a dirge, necro, and paly, but that was pure coincidence i got that group setup, and we took about 3 minutes to kill each huge group and i was main damage dealer through new skills. We could not die on the huge groups in that version, but it still took forever to kill.

We shouldn't be expected to have perfect group setups, with perfect gear and perfect skills to do instances. Alot of the people i have been running with in pickups are completely confused with the entire process of the dungeons, some thought it would be LDON style only taking a half hour, not multiple hours.

Update: I have decided after more grouping, to change my rating for the group stuff

The reason for this is, still i can not reget a mission i did 2 days ago. Then, we went into Befallen: Halls of the Forsaken, no issues whatsoever, 2 necros, berserker, inquis, warden,ranger. We kill everything get all the statues, spawn named, and make the npcs go to their respective named rooms. You must see whats coming now, we could not kill any named, we tried using the npcs to heal the dots, but either way they were hitting me down like i was wearing cloth and the healers were spam healing. After 2 full mends, we gave up, BUT!, on the way i hailed everything and spawned the bartender that dropped the chest key. We went to chest hopeful we could leave with atleast something, because we spent the last 2 hours in a zone accomplishing a grand total of squat, since the mission cant be completed till last named. We went to chest, and the chest poofed on us, yes loot was set to FFA, we walked over... and POOF.

We went to do Cavern of the Afflicted again, since well,thats the ONLY one we have managed to beat. We spent 3 hours trying to get past that first respawning part because we kept getting back socials, one from a ranger who wouldnt listen, and once we got a swap out of the necro for a fury, and the ranger for a wizard were we able to progress in a timely manner and eventually go into scholar room and then off into kill the Malevolent named. After that we dropped down well, and started killing the cadavers, oh yay jester spawned, we killed him, moved on and killed a cadaver.... Jester spawned? [Removed for Content], killed him again.... cadaver died, and jester spawned on us, we died. We tried to avoid jester, we died. We were killing him out of annoyance the third time, and one of the jesterlings dropped a master chest ON HIM, at 4% and i cliked it targeting and we died, fourth time, finally dead. We went on to kill the Ever-Burning, all fine and dandy.Centipede named, had the normal issues we had last time, but it being 5 in the morning, and tried 3 times to get everyone coordinated with the underground, and making sure dots were instantly cured, it was time for bed, we left

Total time in TSO instances: 11 Hours

Total Loot: 3 of the same earring, 2 crappy ornate t7 trash drops in a t8 instance. No Void Shards.

Too many bugs, and not enough clues to encounters because if we are missing something, we tried everything, and if we ARENT missing something, these are just plain too hard. I play for fun, not to have a total mend bill of...

5p.

And no, i am not wearing raid gear. I held agro the whole time, as thats my job. The only Issues we had, were bugs, or just stupid mechanics, or scripts with no explanation.

Total Left Debt: 7.2%

Current Standing on Expansion Content: Failure due to not testing.

Group Rating: 1/10

Updated Again See Further.

There goes my sandwich.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
Jovie
Server: Guk

Can't decide...

I get the impression that no playtesting was done on the instances for groups that were not level 80.

Specifically, lowest level group in befallen found them to be largely unfinishable. It got to the point that we had to unmentor to kill some of the encounters so we can at least progress. The funny thing is that mobs being as grey as they come were still extremely difficult to clear out at level 80.

Flat out, lower level healers cannot keep up on encounters and lower level tanks cannot do the job. It takes mentored level 80's and then it is still an incredible challenge.

This expansion should really have been advertised as level 80 only. (oh thats right, soe doesn't advertise)

While there is a great deal wrong with it, i personally will continue to play it. I find enough about it to like, but i am not going to stay quiet on the things that are wrong.

SoE please stop tuning every heroic encounter as if the people fighting were fully geared for raid encounters.

Jovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
Vortexelemental

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I get the impression that no playtesting was done on the instances for groups that were not level 80.

Specifically, lowest level group in befallen found them to be largely unfinishable. It got to the point that we had to unmentor to kill some of the encounters so we can at least progress. The funny thing is that mobs being as grey as they come were still extremely difficult to clear out at level 80.

Flat out, lower level healers cannot keep up on encounters and lower level tanks cannot do the job. It takes mentored level 80's and then it is still an incredible challenge.

This expansion should really have been advertised as level 80 only. (oh thats right, soe doesn't advertise)

While there is a great deal wrong with it, i personally will continue to play it. I find enough about it to like, but i am not going to stay quiet on the things that are wrong.

SoE please stop tuning every heroic encounter as if the people fighting were fully geared for raid encounters.

Exactly, i perfectly agree with everything you just said, which is what i am doing here now, each thing i find annoying or just plain stupid i am going to post it in this topic so its out there for them to read, i also have been feedbacking in game as well.

There goes my sandwich.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You can thank all the raiders clearing zones and complaining they are easy for that.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #20
Vortexelemental

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You can thank all the raiders clearing zones and complaining they are easy for that.

Which i find is to be a complete gap in how *testing* should occur, there should be beta buffers yes, but only level, aa/gear should have to be tested by being got atleast the first half of beta, then introduce gear/aa buffers at end to ensure a proper difficulty for both, just giving everyone everything is no way to test something, when noone has the stuff they gave the beta'ers

There goes my sandwich.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #21
Kizee

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I thought the raiders were the minortity?

If they are the minortity then shouldn't there be more casuals in beta than raiders? /laugh

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #22
Couching
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Pwn Pwn Pwn

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You should fail on those hard instances if you are not well geared.

What can you do? Run easier instances and buy shard armors.

After you are geared, come back to harder instances. It's called progression.

It's really nonsense to complain hard instances are too hard. TSO just launched in less than one week.

If this game could be owned in less than one week for any player, it's a major design flaw.

I am glad that there are different tier heroic instances so that I can enjoy this game longer.

Couching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #23
Logan

General

The first week of TSO has been very discouraging. I was very much looking forward to grouping and gaining shards. So far all the groups I have joined...7 or 8 in total, with a wide range from powergamers to very casual gamers...have not completed a mission. Now it could just be bad luck on my part but the overall difficulty of even the easy zones seems way out of whack. I was expecting some difficult zones that I would probably end up avoiding but it feels that way for all of them. I realize its the first week and for a non-raider its going to take some getting used to. But I dont know if I want to go into every dungeon knowing theres a good chance of not finishing. It would have been nice to see a better progression for gamers like me who are part [Removed for Content] when it comes to the game mechanics involved in these fights. Now it feels like I am on 6 man raids and Im just not into that.

Dont get me wrong these dungeons are fantastic and ingenious and challenging. But not every gamer can deal with every situation like its a raid and constant attention must be paid. It has that feeling that if I just wanna get a few friends together and play and chat a bit and chill then dont go to TSO stuff.

My issues- unintuitive tricks to kill mobs- multiple control effects from trash mobs-every dungeon needs a mezzer.

Perhaps I just need a few weeks to get over it and some better luck, this is, however, first impression.

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Kizee wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I thought the raiders were the minortity?

If they are the minortity then shouldn't there be more casuals in beta than raiders? /laugh

No because most casual people do not apply for beta, a much large number of raiders do.  They want to have a chance to start whining early and make everything their way before it goes live.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #25
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Logannx wrote:

The first week of TSO has been very discouraging. I was very much looking forward to grouping and gaining shards. So far all the groups I have joined...7 or 8 in total, with a wide range from powergamers to very casual gamers...have not completed a mission. Now it could just be bad luck on my part but the overall difficulty of even the easy zones seems way out of whack. I was expecting some difficult zones that I would probably end up avoiding but it feels that way for all of them. I realize its the first week and for a non-raider its going to take some getting used to. But I dont know if I want to go into every dungeon knowing theres a good chance of not finishing. It would have been nice to see a better progression for gamers like me who are part [Removed for Content] when it comes to the game mechanics involved in these fights. Now it feels like I am on 6 man raids and Im just not into that.

Dont get me wrong these dungeons are fantastic and ingenious and challenging. But not every gamer can deal with every situation like its a raid and constant attention must be paid. It has that feeling that if I just wanna get a few friends together and play and chat a bit and chill then dont go to TSO stuff.

My issues- unintuitive tricks to kill mobs- multiple control effects from trash mobs-every dungeon needs a mezzer.

Perhaps I just need a few weeks to get over it and some better luck, this is, however, first impression.

Once again, you can thank the raiders for that.  They are the majority of the people who were testing in beta and going "OMG, lol newbsauce easy zone lol!~! make it harder u noobs!!11!"

Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #26
Windowlicker

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Once again, you can thank the raiders for that.  They are the majority of the people who were testing in beta and going "OMG, lol newbsauce easy zone lol!~! make it harder u noobs!!11!"

It's wonderful you feel the need to blame less then 5% of the population of the game for your issues clearing content.

Rikko - 80 Berserker

Zahne - 80 Warlock
Windowlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #27
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

It's wonderful you feel the need to blame less then 5% of the population of the game for your issues clearing content.

They might be 5% of the population but they're at least 50% of the problem.  Raiders should have absolutly no say in group zones.  Just as a person with all group gear is not capeable of measuring the difficulty of solo content properly.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #28
Cheydak

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

And you know this how?  Can you provide a breakdown of the population of the Beta testers and their preferred playstyle?  Have you had access to the Beta boards and, if so, can you provide specific examples of how raiders were exclusively responsible for the difficulty levels of all heroic instanced zones?

Cheydak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #29
Felshades

Loremaster

Cheydak wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

And you know this how?  Can you provide a breakdown of the population of the Beta testers and their preferred playstyle?  Have you had access to the Beta boards and, if so, can you provide specific examples of how raiders were exclusively responsible for the difficulty levels of all heroic instanced zones?

i seem to remember multiple threads about how people that were not raid geared and with mythicals were constantly denied groups, and betabuffed toons were largely ignored.

the first 3/4 of beta testing for group content should be beta buffed toons only, and this includes giving beta buffers the capability to beta buff a toon to raid gear/adept 3 spells to test the raid zones with what they feel to be 'entry level' raid gear for the zone.

this should apply when you zone into a raid zone, and poof when you zone out.  none of this raid gear in group instances bs.  these zones are too hard to do, and i have yet to complete one for a mission with a tank thats able to keep aggro off my measly craptastic dps.  if a chanter is pulling off you, you suck, but thats a different story.  the point is, pug tanks arent able to finish these, and unless you got hookups with guild or friends, you arent doing them.

me, my guild is a raid guild.  not enough tanks here to go around, and i end up with a group of mostly guildies pugging a few.  not a good thing.  i dont like pugs, i'd rather get a guaranteed non suck run thanks. and so far, my runs have been 9/10ths non existant.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #30
bryldan

Loremaster

drasklin wrote:

I swore I would quit playing if the only way I could progress in the game is to log on "LFG".  This expansion requires that.  In order to progress in any form of the game, including raiding, you must do group content.  I guess that is great for the players that are always looking for groups in channel, but it really sucks for the rest of us.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but so far this expansion is a last straw for me and is as big a fail as DoF.

This is a online game if you want to solo then please feel free to unplug your modemn and find a game for you from there. Online means grouping running with other people. There are PLENTY of areas you can solo in both in the last expansion which was 70% solo and this one which is around 40% solo so go at it if not then i need not need to explain where to go.

bryldan is offline   Reply With Quote