EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #2011
Piestro

Community Relations

Pariel wrote:

Whole host of questions (sorry, I am thinking while I post and trawl for information here)

1. What about DCUO accounts that have been flagged but NOT created a PSS1 account. Can they come back?

2. What about Planetside 2 for existing SOE account holders? Can they add Planetside 2 to their subscription on their SOE account

3. Will All Access come back now?

4. What about EQNext? As question 2, can existing SOE people play EQNext on their SOE account even if they are EU?

I'm sure I'll think of more

Please keep posting questions. Dexella and myself will continue to collect them and are working on further additions to the FAQs. Of course with SOE Live coming up this will be a bit delayed, but any questions are appreciated.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #2012
Silquana

Loremaster

that's the best knews in .... at least 6 months SMILEY

thx for finally listening to your customers

Silquana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #2013
Ja'chyra

Loremaster

Thanks for this, now can I have my station access back?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #2014
Geothe

Loremaster

So after already driving a ton of players away from the game because of this plan, it is essentially reverted.

While at the same time Devs decide to go ahead and screw over the raiding population and try and drive a chunk of them away from the game as well.

That definitely is a brilliant business model!

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #2015
Flidias

Seer

Congratulations SOE!!! That's 3 accounts that will continue to sub (one that has an isatiable need for SC fluff) and at least 2 willing to pay for the over-priced expac good or bad. 

Seriously, Thank you! This is the most welcome news I've had in weeks.

Flidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #2016
faith

Loremaster

It should have never come to this the one thing that made me leave was the forced nature of the migration it should always have been an option and one frankly i just dont see many taking given the sheer ineptitude of Pro7.

But its seemingly over now and i will happily come back to the game,the game i never wanted to leave now i can get on with plaaying.

faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #2017
FireDragon

Loremaster

Thank you.

Thank you -SO- much. 

This means a lot to me.  To all of us!

FireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #2018
Juggercap

Elder

+1. Thanks for getting it partly right. Hope my friends get their accounts back in time to avoid the nonsense.

(OK...who am I kidding? I don't have friends, and my euro guildmates are already long gone.) Way to delay away this topic after nearly a years worth of ignored forum feedback. Good job.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #2019
Seffrid

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

With my tin foil hat on I can't help but wonder what that catch is

The catch is that the announcement only relates to EQ, EQ2 and PS2 - as confirmed by Piestro on the EQ board.

They are the only titles covered by the PSS1 deal that currently have pre-orders available, rumoured to be below expectations.

I wonder if there's a connection...

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #2020
Tallisman

Loremaster

Whilst this is indeed excellent news and an honest relief, I have to question my own heart now. I was ready to cancel and am enjoying an excellent time in GW2... now I have a dilemma. I'm wondering if I can have two MMO's on the go, one of which is a monthly sub (gold a/c) and the other free.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to have been given this option, but I now wonder whether it's just, well... too late.

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #2021
SpArKyRocket

Loremaster

Allow me to transfer my DCUO account back to SOE so I don't have to deal with P7S.1 and then I might consider returning as a customer. Oh and returning the station cash that P7S.1 stole or lost as part of my account mugging, urm I mean migration would also be nice.

In the meantime I'm happy in my new home playing GW2, Rift and TSW. If SOE want to attempt to win this European customer back then they have their work cut out after what I've experience since being sold down the River to P7S.1 on the 27th July 2012 and the horrendous customer service that resulted.

SpArKyRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #2022
Sixten
Server: Crushbone

Loremaster

oh kitten! Im hooked on gw2 now...

Well, at least I can stop reading this thread now lol! 

Sixten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #2023
Malusimperium

Loremaster

I just logged into the EU side of things for the 1st time since moving to US servers (I'm US) and found my characters still intact and playable however I don't see the ability to purchase a transfer token. I still have 2 characters there that I wanted with me on unrest where I play. What are my options?

Malusimperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #2024
Malusimperium

Loremaster

nm my other account still has the token available so it must be that I stopped being gold for a few months and just went back to gold last month. Will check again in a month.

Malusimperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #2025
hexalobular

Lord

That is a relief, I'll gladly abandon the SC that I had copied to P7S1 for the comfort of staying with the devil I know.

(Getting 6XSC would have been _some_ consolation but I'd rather stay here.)

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #2026
Lonewarrior

Lord

Being a cynic, I can see 2 possible reasons, depending upon the number of European players still playing.

1) They need to sell as many copies of the expansion as possible, so they say this now and then will revert back around xmas.

2) There are now so few European players still playing that it isn't worth the time and effort to migrate them.

Either way, I doubt the decision was because of the community's complaints.

Lonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #2027
Cagefighter

Loremaster

So after 10 months of being treated like dirt, we now get this announcement at the same time they do pre-order on expacs? I'm not falling for it, I paid through the nose for AoD, not buying 30 quid chains to just get transferred to pro7 in january.

Must think we are really stoopid.

If it moves stab it - if it doesn't move, sew it. Sometimes if it moves, stab it and then sew it - then sell it.
Cagefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 AM   #2028
razgon

Loremaster

Seffrid wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

The catch is that the announcement only relates to EQ, EQ2 and PS2 - as confirmed by Piestro on the EQ board.

They are the only titles covered by the PSS1 deal that currently have pre-orders available, rumoured to be below expectations.

Are you sure about that? I don't read that anywhere at all. If Vanguard isn't part of the deal, then screw them again.

razgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #2029
Helmarf

Loremaster

Ok does this mean that non US players can get our station access back? If we choise to stick with SoE!

This was removed/taken away from us for 1 month ago something, which mean i lost a couple of "payed" extra character slots for.

Helmarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #2030
Trevynoae

Loremaster

hexalobular wrote:

Is this direct debit delay really at every automatic renewal or just when you sign up?

The swedish Autogiro requires, as far as I know, that you send the company a signed agreement which they then presumably send to your bank which could easily take 3-4 days. But then the company should then send the orders for the recuring charges to the bank in time for them to get the money before the subscription runs out the next time.

Even if they already have your agreement, Autogiro probably wouldn't work for immediate payments since they are all, I believe, processed at the same time in the morning so it would take them at least a day to get the money.

Maybe SOE gives you the first few days on credit, but do you really not have to sign an agreement for this ELV? Or start it yourself from your bank's web page?

I will reply to this in short:In germany this "autogiro" (i think that should be the same - almost) does not require any signing of any kind of paper. Why? Because ... should someone take money off your giro you have 6 weeks after you got the paperwork where you can just tell your bank "money back - now" ... no questions asked. After those 6 weeks you only need to sign a slip of paper telling them "i am rightfully demanding my money back - if it isn't that way - you can't be held responsible".That is, why this kind of payment is very very popular here in germany.

In fact: for pss1 it would make no difference if they just credited you right away and then banned you should the money not come along (like soe does) because you can always request the money back - any time.It is just showing that they do not trust their customers and don't even think off the fact - that their stance on this doesn't help a single bit.

Now that we are talking about customers:

Thank you SOE (i am not thanking PSS1. period. they are what they are and i have my experience with that greedy company.) for finally listening to us!!! It is MUCH appreciated.

I can just hope (for the good of the games) that this move didn't come too late. I remember when you took back us ubisoft customers on eq years ago. Many had already chalked it up - forever.

Now - like others said:Can I please have unlocked my dcuo account, again? It never was migrated - but you still decided to lock me out.

Can we please have StationAccess (or whatever the name is at the moment) back? Even if it just covers eq, eqII and ps2 ... it still would be cheaper for most of us.

Why don't I read VGD, for example? I don't care about freerealms, ... but vgd has a significant euro-fanbase. They didn't transfer and I think (don't know though) that quite some eq and eqii players may be playing it.

Although I am happy about this decision - I have a strange gut feeling ... I don't really know if I can trust that "management blahblah" - especially because it (again) was done via twitter which is not an official platform for official announcements. While you folks have been so nice to repost it here - still ... it leaves me with a feeling. Smed really should reconsider how he communicates with his customers.Then ... the couple of blunt lies in the past ... let's hope that this one here won't fall into the same scheme.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #2031
Pariel

Loremaster

Echoing what Trey said, can we please have a quick decision on the questions both he and I raised. 

This mess has gone on long enough and the EU player base has been treated like, well, something the profanity filter won't let me type here. I appreciate Fan Faire is imminent, however to restore a little faith in the community I believe a rapid response to these questions will go a long way.

Some kind of response from Smed on here, NOT twitter would be welcomed that this dark time is now put to bed and we can enjoy playing EQ2 through our SOE accounts. I still maintain that the vast majority of the EU Playerbase will choose to stay with SOE and not move to PSS1, however now we finally have a choice we'll let the numbers speak for themselves.

Thank you

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #2032
theriatis

Loremaster

Hi,

my Tinfoil hat is still in Production, i just say:

THANK YOU SO(E) MUCH !

Now, start writing emails to all those who cancelled in the Last 12 Months, beg for forgiveness and give them a Cookie.

Ok, a small "Welcome Back" Package would be appropriate and should suffice SMILEY

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #2033
WhtNght

Loremaster

I dont know about you lot but im really confused.  About 6 weeks ago I decided to come back to EQ2 for a play so installed it of Steam and thought here we go, was a bit dissapointed with the limits of silver so thought ill pay for gold.  Up flashes this AllAccess pass and I think oo thats good, then i see i cant have it, im in the UK.  So sad face i uninstall and try and get to the bottom of it.

To be honest ive not tried that hard, but all ive really found is info on here saying whats happening, roughly, but no real time scale for it.  Now i may have had emails for EQ2 come through, but as ive not been playing i think i probably just deleted them.

So anyway i decide after playing some other mmos that didnt float my boat as it were to fork out for the monthy sub on this and not worry about what i cant have.  Now i see that I can maybe stay with SOE but no info as to how, or even what it means from an account point of veiw.  Im just hoping it means that i can have the AllAccess pass and get on EQ2 and Vanguard and the occasional dabble at other games.  But again the hard information about this is nigh impossible to find.

Guess ill just have to keep playing and wait for some divine insperation to my froggy paladin.

If anyone has any idea what is actualy going on please let me know.

Take care out there

Bri.

WhtNght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #2034
Darktreem

Loremaster

WhtNght wrote:

I dont know about you lot but im really confused.  About 6 weeks ago I decided to come back to EQ2 for a play so installed it of Steam and thought here we go, was a bit dissapointed with the limits of silver so thought ill pay for gold.  Up flashes this AllAccess pass and I think oo thats good, then i see i cant have it, im in the UK.  So sad face i uninstall and try and get to the bottom of it.

To be honest ive not tried that hard, but all ive really found is info on here saying whats happening, roughly, but no real time scale for it.  Now i may have had emails for EQ2 come through, but as ive not been playing i think i probably just deleted them.

So anyway i decide after playing some other mmos that didnt float my boat as it were to fork out for the monthy sub on this and not worry about what i cant have.  Now i see that I can maybe stay with SOE but no info as to how, or even what it means from an account point of veiw.  Im just hoping it means that i can have the AllAccess pass and get on EQ2 and Vanguard and the occasional dabble at other games.  But again the hard information about this is nigh impossible to find.

Guess ill just have to keep playing and wait for some divine insperation to my froggy paladin.

If anyone has any idea what is actualy going on please let me know.

Take care out there

Bri.

They have only just announced that we can stay with SOE, and details about All Access have not been figured out yet, and as they are at SOE live, then it will be a short while

Hopefully it returns, but I fear that if ProSieben offer a multi-game plan then they will not offer it again for SOE accounts, as will use it as an incentive for people to transfer to ProSieben.

I am still on All Access, but I have not really played the game at all, and did not want to cancel All Access as it was not able to get it again, and I wanted to show that I was willing to support SOE but not ProSieben. Now they have made this announcement I can now enjoy the game without fear of being moved to ProSieben.

I hope that they do give All Access again under SOE, as I would sub to it on other accounts. I do not like subbing to EQ2 and Vanguard for £17.98 when should get them and all SOE games for £13.99

Darktreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #2035
Darktreem

Loremaster

Cagefighter wrote:

So after 10 months of being treated like dirt, we now get this announcement at the same time they do pre-order on expacs? I'm not falling for it, I paid through the nose for AoD, not buying 30 quid chains to just get transferred to pro7 in january.

Must think we are really stoopid.

Thats true, but I will buy it on my main account, and then if it stays this way, then I will buy it on other accounts.

But if they do revert it back again, then they will probably lose people permanently then.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #2036
Seffrid

Loremaster

razgon wrote:

Seffrid wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Are you sure about that? I don't read that anywhere at all. If Vanguard isn't part of the deal, then screw them again.

Read the EQ topic here:-

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...rope.250/page-2

I asked:-

"Can you also please confirm that this change applies to all the games covered by the previous announcements (other than DCUO which has already transitioned), rather than just the three that Smed mentioned?"

Piestro replied:-

"This announcement is just for the games mentioned in the announcement."

The games mentioned in the announcement were EQ, EQ2 and PS2.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #2037
Darktreem

Loremaster

Seffrid wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

EQ1, Vanguard and other games are not even on the games list on the ProSieben site yet

Maybe Vanguard is not being migrated and staying with SOE. Also I wonder about its survival

Old 10-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #2038
razgon

Loremaster

Vanguard is survivng just fine - lots of new talent on the team and lots of new people playing.

Anyways - Interesting whats going to happen with it then? Thanks for the info Seffreid

razgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #2039
Darktreem

Loremaster

razgon wrote:

Vanguard is survivng just fine - lots of new talent on the team and lots of new people playing.

Anyways - Interesting whats going to happen with it then? Thanks for the info Seffreid

Both SWG and City of heroes were also doing fine the day before their shut down announcements too.

The free transfers in SWG brought many people back and started to increase population figures, making them become full and SOE had to lock those servers to the transfers.

All games look fine on ths surface, but it is not the case behind the scenes.

The good thing if Vanguard goes to ProSieben and we can stay with SOE, then they can get more people playing through their advertising, but if EU players have to go to ProSieben, then there will be less people playing again, as if I can not use a SOE account, then I will not be playing Vanguard.

http://www.soe.com/status/EU server status is LOW, and US server status is MEDIUM, which shows the complete lack of EU players, as we are now getting into EU prime time, meaning EU population should be higher than US population, so is not doing fine in EU, which could mean that ProSieben do not see it worth acquiring any more.

Hopefully this is the case, and US side continues to thrive, with EU being allowed to play, even if EU servers shut down and merge with the US server.

The reason for the LOW population, could be down to the thought of having to move to ProSieben.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #2040
General_Info

Lord

Darktreem wrote:

Both SWG and City of heroes were also doing fine the day before their shut down announcements too.

The free transfers in SWG brought many people back and started to increase population figures, making them become full and SOE had to lock those servers to the transfers.

All games look fine on ths surface, but it is not the case behind the scenes.roSieben.

except you are leaving something out SWG was not completely SOE's they had a license with LA which would not be renewed at the end of last year. if soe could have kept SWG going they would have the devs stated at the time that the population and profits of the game were healthy and that it was a contract issue with LA.