EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #31
Spiratus
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

Basically you remove the ability to work on one zone/mob for more than 3 days.

So, if you start on something thursday, you will have to start all over next week (say monday or tuesday), instead of being able to continue where you left off before the weekend.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #32
Vraeth
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Runnyeye Raiding Club

Loremaster

whats the point of persistant instances anymore? if your next raid is in 3 days then you're screwed. so thats what they tell us? screw us? wtg soe

Vraeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
SlashnGut

Loremaster

For those asking if the "Fix" is temporary:

This will include all Velious and future Raid zones.

Does not seem like it will be temporary to me.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

This is a very bad decision.  This is really going to hurt progression efforts for casual raid guilds.  Why take away the 7 day timers?  For guilds that are working their way through zones they have not cleared yet, and that only raid 2 or 3 times a week, this change is going to be a huge detriment.  It just seems like an irrational knee-jerk reaction and not thought out at all.  Please reconsider and find another way to fix what ever "exploit" this change was meant to "fix".

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #35
Kinya
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Runnyeye Raiding Club

Fansite Staff

Arabani wrote:

Cakeny wrote:

Arabani wrote:

Because right now it's only zone worth doing and it's one evening to clear. With new system we basicly will raid one day a week. You want to pay 15$ for 4 evenings a month? And it's just simply boring.

After expansion will come out we'll be screwed as rest, because 3 days are not enough to progres in new zones.

How was it before the change?

Right now it's kinda 16 raid days a month. We do PoW one day. ST, Drunders,Vyskudra other day and having early night or camp avatars. Then reset  PoW same week and repeat. We doing St and Drunders mainly just to raid and cover a free time between PoW. I'm 100% sure,with new system, people will cba to log aditional day a week just for STDrunder

It's not only hardcore raiding guilds who will be suffering. Sorry, but there is only few HC guilds compared to number of casual and semi-raiding guilds.

[email protected] wrote:

This is a very bad decision.  This is really going to hurt progression efforts for casual raid guilds.  Why take away the 7 day timers?  For guilds that are working their way through zones they have not cleared yet, and that only raid 2 or 3 times a week, this change is going to be a huge detriment.  It just seems like an irrational knee-jerk reaction and not thought out at all.  Please reconsider and find another way to fix what ever "exploit" this change was meant to "fix".

That stupid "fix" mostly will hurt people who raid 2-3 times a week and try to do their best and progress. With that fix it won't be possible anymore. No more leaving new encounters for another evening to work on them...

How do you want us SOE to progress??  Sorry but we are not able to clear all Drunder zones in max 2 hrs, or PoW in 3 hrs like others in this thread wrote.

I really don't understand that fix. Why did you decide to punish 99% of your raiding player base instead of those who used exploit? Name those guilds and punish them not us.

Unless this is a new plan how to get rid of even more players from eq2...

http://babagra.pl - Polish Everquest 2 Fansite

Kinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #36
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Just to respond to a few earlier posts,

zehly wrote:

Is your code so buggy that a fix to an exploit requires to change the way reset timers have been working for years? Why not address the issue without turning 80% of the game's raid schedules upside down?

Considering the exploit has been in game for years, it appears so!

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Don't know what everyone is complaining about. Untested changes with huge implications announced the night before implementation NEVER have unintended consequences. Y'all just being unreasonable.

At least they didn't do it on a Friday, then head for the hills, and let us spin all weekend.  Cause, you know, they never do that to us.

I'm sure tomorrow being a Tuesday, someone will be around to respond to our concerns...

Right?

Right??????

Hahahahaha. For the people who don't realize, it's funny because they're actually doing it on a Tuesday and leaving for fan faire on Wednesday/Thursday and will be gone until next Monday.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #37
Soul_Dreamer

Loremaster

Please revert this change and actually spend the time to fix the exploit properly.

You'll be forcing almost every guild that raids to change their raid order and/or raid days along with effecting progression of guilds just to stop some people exploiting.

This will effect my guild and we've had the same schedule for about 4 years, our progression will more than likely be effected because we can't spend as long in a zone or spread zones out over the week.

Knights of the White Shield - Splitpaw

Soul_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #38
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

I just think that those players will just set the timers on a different stagger.  This solves nothing, and punishes the overall population.  I wonder if they got banned over it.  I doubt it.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #39
1rocketjones

Loremaster

SoE is like "LoL myth cloaks."

1rocketjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #40
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Considering the devs generally put out the overused line "We're players too" when they feel challenged....I find it hard to believe that any dev who actually played this game (not pop on for an hour or 2 to run around on dev buffed SK's (which most play anyway) would actually have a clue on how mindnumbingly stupid this change is unless this is intended for the next xpacs raid scripts on super easymode (think Milas the ancient em in sleepers takes what a few mins to drop him).

In one swipe SOE has again done a twofer:

• Stifle progression on casual guilds-check
  • Continue to play tone deaf to the displeasure of the community-check

SOE has all the tools already to find who is exploiting the timers for gain and ban them (after all the multitude of tracking programs that SOE has installed in the game now led to the banning of the reforging bug exploiters with raid mobs..whats diffrent here?  Is it that it may take time out of designing more fluff for the game?) unless of course the persons involved belong to certain guilds that have "special relationships" with smokejumper and the rest of the devs...

BTW, have I stated how mindnumbingly stupid this idea was?

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #41
Geothe

Loremaster

This shows and completely and utterly out of touch the "devs" are with the current player base.

This change was just shoved through with absolutely ZERO thought as to how it would impact the game.

What a joke.

Maybe, instead of screwing over an entire segment of your player base, you should actually PUNISH the -guilty- offenders instead?

This is a case of cutting off your leg because you stubbed your toe.

Pathetic.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #42
Couchtomatoe

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Don't know what everyone is complaining about. Untested changes with huge implications announced the night before implementation NEVER have unintended consequences. Y'all just being unreasonable.

At least they didn't do it on a Friday, then head for the hills, and let us spin all weekend.  Cause, you know, they never do that to us.

I'm sure tomorrow being a Tuesday, someone will be around to respond to our concerns...

Right?

Right??????

Hahahahaha. For the people who don't realize, it's funny because they're actually doing it on a Tuesday and leaving for fan faire on Wednesday/Thursday and will be gone until next Monday.

Hopefully the ones going to Fan Faire will bring this up and hammer them on it..

Couchtomatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #43
Shotneedle

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Right?

Right??????

Hopefully the ones going to Fan Faire will bring this up and hammer them on it..

Oh I'm sure they will.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #44
Elinea

Loremaster

I'm beginning to wonder if this is all a plan to see how many people they can shake off. Do they have a bet going to see how many people leave with each new "fix" or "feature" they implement? They really do seem to hate their players. I used to be one of the ones that would just keep my head down and mouth shut and keep plugging away at the game, but I'm really feeling abused these days.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #45
Izeil

Lord

It says an aweful lot when pretty much the entire forum-going population seems to be in complete unity over this change. The only other time I've seen it more or less was the PS1 deal.

Indoctrination 92/320 Inquisitor

Vorinclex 92/320 Mystic

All 90 Crafters PoP and Prayer Shawl capable
Izeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #46
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Send a message with your subs is all I can say.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #47
Beerfan

Loremaster

Ahh so it's new monthly event by SOE 'How to irritate our player base'.

In this month, instead of fixing 5 year old bug, we're gonna make raiding a pointless experience. Because it's easier that way, and half of our crew is already in Vegas having good time...

And you call yourself a serious company? Seriously?

If that was my company or my responsibility I'd sit at work 24h or even more trying to fix it, without even informing our clients there was a problem in first place!

Just a reminder - we are paying you every month for the service. Maybe you should really start for a change doing your job? Because servers are nearly empty and it's already hard to find 24+ ppl that want to raid with you. Now, raiding is pointless.

Beerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #48
Juggercap

Elder

If it wasn't SOE and SJ, I'd be surprised something like this made it through.

Since it is, it's just another embarassing showing of not having a clue.

Goodbye casual Wednesday/Saturday raid schedule. You were fun while you lasted and were the ''only'' thing keeping me around. Have a good life.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
Juggercap

Elder

Cakeny wrote:

How does a slightly longer delay between raiding a zone kill raiding guilds?

It's not the delay in my situation. It's the inability to clear on Wednesday when we're light on numbers, and finish up on Saturday when more players are available. I have no clue what the 'exploit' was, but this kills the 2 nights a week casual raiders.

--edit--

Sorry. I missed the initial point of your question. Why a 4+ day timer is stupid has been answered already.

Run away! Run away!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
Oxie

Loremaster

/fingers in ears

LALALA! DON'T CARE! CANNOT HEAR YOU! GOING TO FANFAIRE! SEE YOU NEXT MONDAY! LALALA ~flounce~

Like other people have posted: recruiting new members has become difficult. 

Being on a server (Unrest) that is made up of people from the USA, China, Korea, Japan, and Australia makes it difficult to find quality players who want to raid at least 3 days a week.You just really want the raiding aspect of EQ2 to go away, don't you? All you want are casual players who do heroic instances, decorate their houses, and tradeskill to make gear that is undervalued.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #51
Juggercap

Elder

[email protected]_old wrote:

...stuff...

You just really want the raiding aspect of EQ2 to go away, don't you? All you want are casual players who do heroic instances, decorate their houses, and tradeskill to make gear that is undervalued.

You are wrong. They don't want players in heroic instances either. Good point on the rest though.

Run away! Run away!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #52
Kraeref

Champion

Can somebody very quickly explain what devs meant by exploit? Did they mean selling loot rights in auction? So far what i see being sold are charms from ST HM. Nothing is being sold from HM Drunder or PoW... Our raid progression is going to be screwed too along with others raid guilds... sad!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #53
Izeil

Lord

From what I understand of it they used the exploit to be able to run the zone more often than they should be able to.

Indoctrination 92/320 Inquisitor

Vorinclex 92/320 Mystic

All 90 Crafters PoP and Prayer Shawl capable
Izeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #54
Oxie

Loremaster

Juggercap wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

...stuff...

You just really want the raiding aspect of EQ2 to go away, don't you? All you want are casual players who do heroic instances, decorate their houses, and tradeskill to make gear that is undervalued.

You are wrong. They don't want players in heroic instances either. Good point on the rest though.

Yeah...my bad there...I meant they want people doing player-made dungeons! (Why should SOE design content when the players can do it themselves! Why should SOE pay someone to keep making appearance items for SC market when players can eventually design their own stuff!)There seems to be enough people on in the evenings on Unrest to find groups (EST time zone for me.) You just have to be selective on who is in your PUG to get things done in that zone. All the Skyshrine heroic instances are just so "been there, done that" now. Even the new Sleeper's Tomb instance has gotten boring...at least the raid zone isn't boring...yet...but it would be soon if it wasn't for the next expansion coming out in a month or so.People log on to raid, but on off raid nights, it's a ghost town in the guild hall. My toon spends most of the evening standing AFK in the guild hall while I do other things.At least with new expansion coming, I'll have something to do for a month or so with leveling up, getting AA points leveled up, questing, and getting my 6 crafters to 95. Plus grinding the guild level from 90 to 95! I cannot wait for my level 92 raiding gear to be upgraded by level 95 legendary quested gear. At this rate, I'll probably be standing AFK in the guild hall right before the holiday break at the end of the year!

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #55
Geothe

Loremaster

Who wants to bet no Dev will even show their head in this thread explaining how they can justify screwing over such a large portion of their player base with this idiotic change?

heh.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #56
Sannavekk

Loremaster

I still wonder how they can do this "fix" and not realize the huge negative implications to the majority of the player base. It seems to me in one hamhanded stroke they have taken all the positive press, good feelings and community outreach that comes with Fanfaire this coming weekend and turned it into a net negative.

Please, find a way to fix this exploit without penalizing all the people that raid in this game.

Sannavekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #57
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

Who wants to bet no Dev will even show their head in this thread explaining how they can justify screwing over such a large portion of their player base with this idiotic change?

heh.

I blame the exploiters, not the Devs.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #58
Thalzokal
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Eternal Destiny

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Geothe wrote:

While I agree that the exploiters are the problem the devs have punished ALL players.. Painting with a very broad brush is a great way to lose the casuals

Thalzokal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #59
Juggercap

Elder

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Geothe wrote:

heh.

The blame doesn't need to focus on a single target. If people were exploiting, they should be stopped.

The devs should be able to figure out how to fix the 'exploit' without screwing everyone else.

Run away! Run away!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #60
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Geothe wrote:

While I agree that the exploiters are the problem the devs have punished ALL players.. Painting with a very broad brush is a great way to lose the casuals

i got 5p says none of the exploiters were banned either.