EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #61
apwyork

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Dude, I never queue without a healer, and generally bring what I feel is a balanced pvp group.

Its a mistake to think everyone that faceroles into the queue are the same.

I've queued with a healer and even been put on different teams and most of the time into different groups.  The queue system is still far from perfect.

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #62
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

There are a few great naggy pvp'ers and a lot of ok pvp'ers and more than a few bad pvp'ers. The difference IMO is learning to pvp. ON a blue server how often to you truely watch what another player is casting and take measures against it? You do that when raiding a x4 mob. Do you bring pots and pumice stones and totems to the fight? Also, I see some, not all, from blue servers with gear that is not suitable for pvp. Treasured, handcrafted etc without adornments trying to fight players who would never leave the GH in that gear on Naggy. Sometimes fabled gear is not the best and legendary is sometimes better. Adornments can be different in pvp then pve (meaning which you would use). Even how you set up your UI can make a difference and knowing exactly how something works in pvp is big. I have seen people debate one piece of gear for an hour on naggy and test everything out to make sure they are what they want to be. Also, use an AA mirror as what works in pve does not always work in pvp. All players need to prepare for pvp same as raiding and expectation should be the same.. come prepared or don't come at all.

On naggy when someone speaks about great players they never refer to raiding.. it is always pvp. Can you say the same on a blue server? it is a different mindset and until you change it some will always have difficulty. Roll on naggy and see what you think. Lvl'ing is hard unlike a blue server, gettting the right gear and finishing the right quests is hard but not on a blue server (at least not as difficult). But mostly the expected results are different. On naggy very few have the goal starting out to kill this x4 boss. No, they start out with a pvp mindset and learn it through trial and error and conversation.  

On a lighter note I was speaking to someone on naggy that Xfered and he said the first week was hard as he lost most of the plat he had because he forgot to bank and went afk in radom spots because he was waiting for a mob to spawn. He lol'ed and started banking.

just a side note: look at the prices of items on naggy v any blue server and see what is important. 3-4g/potion for a low lvl freedom of mind. Player made arrows v the ones you get from NPCs, totems are far more expensive most of the time. I am not sure about masters but I would assume they are more in demand v experts on naggy and people are more willing to pay the price.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #63
Hukklebuk

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

idea... disable bg's from nagafen for a period of two weeks. then see what the actual reaction is. 

I'd have to say no to that (I get the sarcasm).  I enjoy the BG's and outside of pve raids spend most of my time in them. Over the years watching nagafen folks and learning from them has helped me out with things I would not have thought on my warlock if I only did pve.  Sure I run into the wrong gang once in awhile but I can mostly hold my own anymore.

Big thing is don't do dumb stuff. Stick together and you'll survive a bit longer.  Whining about heals when you're not by your healer only makes you look bad. 

As far as tokens go, sure nagafen gets more from warfronts, but like they've said, if they're in BG's they aren't in warfronts getting extra tokens.  

Right now very little of it is about gear while everyone gears up. It's fairly equal footing outside of coordination. If your having a rough time think about what you're doing or not doing.  

Champions respite should have some kind of chat available ( if it's there I must be missing it ).  Being unable to talk to people is a bit odd, but I suppose it keeps people from going all temper tantrum on others. Sure would be nice to talk to some of the nagafen folks or anyone. Blindly chatting in guild chat is boring.

Sunnova....  PvE / Everfrost

Old 08-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #64
Kuroitsuki

Loremaster

This is so simple to solve it is unreal:

The concept came from SWG, TEF (Temporary Enemy Faction).  Delete Naggy, deploy the server based battle zones to the realms, keep BG's going.   If you engage in PvP whatsoever, (BG or realms) you get TEF'd.  TEF lasts 12 hours, during this time you can be openly PvP'd (by an opposing faction member).

TEF's players may not enter an non public space during this time (private house, non public GH)

Allows PvP and PvE to co-exist on the same server and anyone that played SWG (pre NGE) will probably agree

Kuroitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #65
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The concept came from SWG, TEF (Temporary Enemy Faction).  Delete Naggy, deploy the server based battle zones to the realms, keep BG's going.   If you engage in PvP whatsoever, (BG or realms) you get TEF'd.  TEF lasts 12 hours, during this time you can be openly PvP'd (by an opposing faction member).

TEF's players may not enter an non public space during this time (private house, non public GH)

Allows PvP and PvE to co-exist on the same server and anyone that played SWG (pre NGE) will probably agree

Very bad idea unless every zone was a battle zone and everyone was TEF'd when they logged in. Otherwise keep naggy even as broken as it is becuase I for one would no pay more than a month each year to pve and pvp by approval is lame. A large part of the fun of pvp is the danger that you could get killed any minute you are out and about. For some it is too much stress but for others it is adrenaline (sp) even if you die.

I stopped playing once for quit some time when it was required to continuously pve to get the jewelry to compete in pvp next time i will excuss myself and play a stand alone game where I control the  group just like a merc and only pay once to play it rather than each month. PVE is not for me and everytime I am forced to do it I hate the game a little more. Don't get me wrong, I do pve when required and I enjoy crafting and the challenge of earning plat and listening to others but overall, that can be consolidated into a very short timeframe.

I do see some good in BGs. Everyone does it without fear becase there is not fame, not shame, no fear of death and no loss of plat. We could learn a lot that would work in open pvp from the BGs.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #66
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Sorry, I have ZERO interest in seeing every server turned into an open PvP realm.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote