EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - needs a slight nerf, somewhere between they were before scout buff and nowBeastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OKDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPSMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerfNecromancer - lifeburn needs to be fixed (back to 1:4 instead of 1:1), transfer life and animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedConjuror - animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedIllusionist, Coercer - OKTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OKBruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone)Guardian, Berserker - needs a slight DPS boostHealers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvPInquisitor, Templar - OKFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP

__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - Ballanced as isBeastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OKDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPS AgreedMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerf Agreed these clothies should die quicker than they doNecromancer, Conjuror - Pets need a survivability nerf, since they are hard to target, path through objects, they should die in 1 or 2 hitsIllusionist, Coercer - OKTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OKBruiser, Monk - taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone) No to the dps boost, yes to getting rid of taunt + FDGuardian, Berserker - Their Dps is fine but their passive taunts are bit too muchHealers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvP NoInquisitor, Templar - OKFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP No

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Corydonn

Loremaster
Corydonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 744
Default

Only speaking from a bruiser here about bruisers. The lack of reapplying taunts kinda makes me like the fact we have a powerful disruption with taunt + FD but is easily counterable by arcane cure potions and not so much by immunities from certain classes and other tanks on the team taunting.

I do disagree with you on bruiser dps being low though Dorsan, I've got some of the highest burst when built up with luck and a bit of skill combined with my ability to chain knockbacks for stuns better than a prenerf concealment operative with Closed Mind and Combat Mastery up. Plus my autoattack damage is doing the same ratio as plaguebringer is doing for warlock so alot of that -is- passive dps.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Recruits

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
Default

Enchanters need some kind of survivability boost. Their crowd controls can be annoying but as soon as you use them to lock down a healer, or anyone really, and someone notices you, you're done. Any other class can just sneeze on a chanter and they die. 

Warlocks especially need a survivability nerf - but wizards as well. Their DPS is very high - they should not be able to survive so well. 

Agreed on the broken taunt + feign death lock down on bruisers, you should be able to do *something* for that time, or if this is how its intended to work then reduce its duration in PVP. 

Dirges definitely need a boost to DPS - troubs are fine. 

Also agreed on wards being a bit too strong - tho other heals may be a bit too weak.

__________________
Loldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Corydonn

Loremaster
Corydonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 744
Default

You can still move around and you can still blue AE. Though a taunt that roots would be awesome instead!

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

Novusod wrote:

Necromancer, Conjuror - Pets need a survivability nerf, since they are hard to target, path through objects, they should die in 1 or 2 hits

No, not really, pets go down way too easy as it is, if someone tries to actually focus them and if you kill the pet, the summoner is pretty much dead. If you say summoner pets should get one shot that is same as you saying summoners themselves should get one shot.

__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
Twyxx

Guardian
Twyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 244
Default

Summoner pets do die in 1-2 hits.  They're fine. 

Shaman wards are probably a bit strong, but they're really only a problem in gears when everyone's packed together.

Sorcerer survivability is the biggest issue still.

Beastlords are fairly weak cause fights don't last long enough typically to build any savagery.  Given their dominance in pve though I don't think anyone's shedding a tear for 'em.

Divide and Conquer just needs the fd/clear target thing fixed.  Since you can pot it with a short cooldown pot duration isn't a big deal.  Please no rooting taunt.

Overall if you deal with sorc survivability then it's pretty balanced.  Great players will still make it look like their class is OP, but you won't have 8 average warlocks at the top of the parse every time if I can pick them off like summoners.

__________________
Twyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Cloakentuna

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 853
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Mages:

Illusionist, Coercer - OK

Completely disagree.

With the CC nerf, CC isn't long enough to lock people down unless you chain your CC spells in which case you're just delaying the death because you'll run out eventually.  Then when you transfer into group fights, again a chanter is useless.  With TW now doing nothing in PvP and other classes having just as good CC there is absolutely no reason to bring an enchanter.   CC doesn't last long enough to make or break a fight and chanters don't have the burst that pretty much any other dps class brings.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Healers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvPInquisitor, Templar - OKFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP

The only adjustment like to see for healers (TBH most of the nerf's to healers was bit much) is that since the vocal minority on the forums pushed to get healer cures nerfed on the amount of dots they could remove in one swipe, templars and shamans should have their group cure reinstated to prenerf levels as the other healers have multiple group cures.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - needs a slight nerf, somewhere between they were before scout buff and nowBeastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OKDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPSMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerfNecromancer - lifeburn needs to be fixed (back to 1:4 instead of 1:1), transfer life and animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedConjuror - animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedIllusionist, Coercer - OKTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OKBruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone)Guardian, Berserker - needs a slight DPS boostHealers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvPInquisitor, Templar - OKFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP

Hold up now, you did the whole dps side of this kind of leaning toward you, where is the part where your class needs a nerf in dps lol. If your going to speak out for all classes at least see the unselfish flaws in your own.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - needs a slight nerf, somewhere between they were before scout buff and nowBeastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OKDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPSMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerfNecromancer - lifeburn needs to be fixed (back to 1:4 instead of 1:1), transfer life and animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedConjuror - animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedIllusionist, Coercer - OKTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OKBruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone)Guardian, Berserker - needs a slight DPS boostHealers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvPInquisitor, Templar - OKFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP

Hold up now, you did the whole dps side of this kind of leaning toward you, where is the part where your class needs a nerf in dps lol. If your going to speak out for all classes at least see the unselfish flaws in your own.

Are you suggesting that Necros need nerfed? Lol

__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - needs a slight nerf, somewhere between they were before scout buff and now Assassin's are pretty broken right now. They did not need the scout buff whatsoever. Brigand/Swashy may need to be looked at as some CA's/Abilities (Dance of Metal for instance) are doing way more than should be intended.

Beastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OKDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPS AgreedMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerf AgreedNecromancer - lifeburn needs to be fixed (back to 1:4 instead of 1:1), transfer life and animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedConjuror - animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % basedIllusionist, Coercer - OK Certain abilities, Psychic Trauma for instance, should be reviewed. Chanters are tricky to balance, imo.Tanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OK AgreedBruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone)Guardian, Berserker - needs a slight DPS boost Zerkers are fine. Guardians, maybe.Healers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvP NoInquisitor, Templar - OK AgreedFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP Agreed

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
Vlahkmaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 1,213
Default

Novusod wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Guardian, Berserker - Their Dps is fine but their passive taunts are bit too much

Guardians do not have passive taunts in pvp anymore - and it has been quite some time since we did.  If worked properly, rotated, and not resisted, we can lock a group down pretty effectivelly but it not through passive taunting it is through active selecting of targets and pressing buttons - if taunting properly guardian dps will be lower in pvp but this is what we do.

Moderate was once a passive taunt in pvp.  Now it is a %chance to help the target avoid a hit + 5 CB if that AA is selected.

Hold the line once was a passive taunt.  It is now a thorn shield type skill.

Shoulder the burden is a DR in pvp.

Experienced insight is a 15s duration and can lock people every few minutes but its easily avoided by ranged dps.

__________________
Obin 92 Iksar Necro Opus Dei Nagafen

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos
Rank: Muad'Dib

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 215
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Scouts:Brigand, Swashbuckler - Brigand/Swashy may need to be looked at as some CA's/Abilities (Dance of Metal for instance) are doing way more than should be intended.

Think what you meant to say here was 'barely adequate'.  It absolutely is not doing way more damage than intended.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - needs a slight nerf, somewhere between they were before scout buff and now

Another pred nerf don't agree, rogue's also don't need a nerf on damage.

Beastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OKDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPS Yeah, they need a lot more boost, or change what makes there stats more effectiveMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerf Agreed Necromancer - lifeburn needs to be fixed (back to 1:4 instead of 1:1), transfer life and animiststransference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % based

Don't agree with the transfer needing a boost

Conjuror - animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % based

Same as Necro

Illusionist, Coercer - OK 

Coercer needs to be amped up to par with the illyTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OK Bruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone) Agreed, but they also need to be able to survive like the rest of the tanks do, monk's are like paper now.

Guardian, Berserker - needs a slight DPS boost Don't agree why do the meat sheilds need more dps?

Healers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvP No way, they die way to easy alreadyInquisitor, Templar - OK Same issue, they can't even stay alive unless they have another healer with themFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP Agreed

Issue with all the nerf dps problems, you can watch a mage parry melee, but check act next time you do spell damage on melee class and see how many times it never gets resisted. Why should t1 and t2 dps need nerfs, thats not just scout it's mage too. None of them need dps nerfs. Resist need to be fixed. I can log on my 90 wizard and resist spells but not my 92 assassin who has way higher resist. That makes 0 sense. Both side's of the playing feild are basically two shotting everyone so I see no point in a nerf to anyone. Healers are horrid in pvp right now. They are so easy to kill solo its pathedic. Tanks are just fine, they might stay up longer if healers didn't get the bat so hard.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
Twyxx

Guardian
Twyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 244
Default

This is just stupid.  Sorcerers should not have a bruiser's avoidance.  A warlock shouldn't just be able to walk into a crowd and just stand there without a healer dodging/parrying/resisting everything.

__________________
Twyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
Neonblue

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26
Default

Actually, I think EVERY NON TANK clas should have the survivablitlity of a Sorcerer.  Have you seen what happens to chanter and summoners with no healer, or a weak healer around?  Heck, on my Mystic and Inqy I can just roll over the rangers and other scouts that stand in the back.  

I want to post a video on youtube sometime of a game match where my Mystic has the relic, my groups in constant full health, then when I go down due to the relic all the non tanks just instant melt in seconds.

I am not sure if that is how it is supposed to be.  At least with some sorceror buffs, wards, mitigation, and low health avoidance/ward procs, the other class stand a little chance when a healer is not around.  

It's also the problem with people wanting heals nerfed cause they can't kill a group of 3 healers.  If you nerf the healers anymore, then only tanks and Sorcerers will be able to survive any fight with a solo healer.

Neonblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Dorsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 971
Default

I think shaman heals needs to be nerfed because a group with a shaman + cleric can survive forever without a tank. Having a group with a good tank and 2 healers that can survive a lot is ok because this is how it is supposed to work: - you dps the healer, his health starts going down rapidly - you get taunted by the tank - while you get back to the healer he is stable again However this is what is actually happening: - you dps the healer, his health doesn't move down even a bit This situation however is never happening if the enemy has a druid + cleric, it is only with cleric + shaman. Hence I feel shaman needs a SLIGHT nerf and druid needs a SLIGHT buff.
__________________
Dorsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Orthureon

Loremaster
Orthureon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

[email protected] wrote:

- you dps the healer, his health doesn't move down even a bit

Unless it is a sorceror or conj. Then sometimes the healer will die really fast.

__________________
NAGAFEN Server


  • DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

  • XEOS 92 Ranger

  • EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #20
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 116
Default

Novusod wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - Ballanced as is agreedBeastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OK No opinionDirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPS Agreed AgreedMages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerf Agreed these clothies should die quicker than they do AGREED 100% Huge DPS and they never die? Necromancer, Conjuror - Pets need a survivability nerf, since they are hard to target, path through objects, they should die in 1 or 2 hits DisagreeIllusionist, Coercer - OK Agree - with CC an DPS and invinciality (is that a word) they would be OPTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OK AgreedBruiser, Monk - taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone) No to the dps boost, yes to getting rid of taunt + FD No to the DPS, No to the Taunt + FD There are ways to get around that as is stated in other posts.  LTPGuardian, Berserker - Their Dps is fine but their passive taunts are bit too much AgreeHealers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvP No No nerfInquisitor, Templar - OK AgreedFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP No They are fine

 
Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
Orthureon

Loremaster
Orthureon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,073
Default

Just like the old days of OP Crusaders creating their toon once they were buffed to godmode. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with Sorcerors. When you walk into a BG and 30% (or more) of the players are Wizard or Warlocks that should raise a red flag.

Well in about a year they will be fixed.

__________________
NAGAFEN Server


  • DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

  • XEOS 92 Ranger

  • EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #22
Charmnevac
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Taylor Gang
Rank: Wiz Khalifa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 97
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

  After a few updates, classes are closer to being balanced than they've ever been. However some classes still need adjustments to make the playing field even. Here is a list of what I think should be done to have everything perfect:

Scouts:Assassin, Brigand, Swashbuckler - needs a slight nerf, somewhere between they were before scout buff and now No. Assassins should be the highest spike dps, which they are. Once their burn is down, they are near worthless. Brigand's and swashy's are fine where they are.Beastlord, Ranger, Troubador - OK Give Ranger's Base Auto damage increase so they will be more reliant in PVP as a DPS class. From what I've seen, they're just splash AE damage. They aren't a threat like they should be. BL/Troub are fine.Dirge - needs a slight improvement, still lacking DPS This class needs to be looked at. Lots of DPS missing. Change their mythical buff back to how it used to be so they hit for max CA damage in PVP combat or something. Give them 25% nox cure like troubs have on elemental/arcane RW buffs. Plenty of stuff you can do to make this class more viable.Mages:Wizard, Warlock - needs a survivability nerf Agreed. They should be a glass cannon. By "nerfing" manashield, you did basically nothing. Get rid of their regenerating wards, and their incredibly high amount of mitigation and avoidance. They should do the most DPS in PVP, and die the quickest.Necromancer - lifeburn needs to be fixed (back to 1:4 instead of 1:1), transfer life and animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % based Conjuror - animists transference needs huge boost, the pet health sacrifice death prevention should be health % based Necro's and conjy's are fine.Illusionist, Coercer - OK I think this class is fine too. For illy's time warp needs to be more than just a spell on your hotbar in PVP. Group buff for proc/potency/etc. or somethingTanks:Shadowknight, Paladin - OK Are pally's tanks or healers? They shouldn't be able to cycle heals the way they do.Bruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone) Taunt + FD deserves to stay in, it's always been in and it's a great strat. Don't change this imo, and if you do, fix evade durations. They are unnecessary.Guardian, Berserker - needs a slight DPS boost Both fine as is.Healers:Defiler, Mystic - needs a slight nerf on ward efficiency in PvP Inquisitor, Templar - OKFury, Warden - needs a slight boost on direct heal efficiency in PvP

Nerf reuse time. The fact that people cycle through everything so quickly makes pvp'ing boring. It makes some classes far more OP than others, especially healers. DPS classes can burn everything they have onto a healer until they're left with their smallest abilities while a healer is pumping out their rediculously high wards/single target heals/constant cures. Nerfing reuse time will affect multiple classes across the board, making things more skill based and fun in general.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
Marsten

Seer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Default

Enchanters are just "OK"? Please, they are terrible. When an SK with app 1 spells can outparse a chanter by almost 4k then this class is useless. The reason no one wants chanters buffed up AT ALL is because everyone knows that if a chanter got ANY dps or survivability increase they would dominate everyone and the current OP classes just couldnt deal with that.

With that being said, chanters are extremely hard to balance. To what Froggleg said though, he is right. Our CC isnt that great, in theory it should be, but its not because our DPS isnt enough to do jack while CCing people. Enchanters really need to be looked into. Unless you play one dont just assume they are "OK" because they arent dominating BG's or WF's and whatnot. They are not good at all except to be a "Buff bot" and even that is useless.

Marsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
Twyxx

Guardian
Twyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 244
Default

Marsten wrote:

Enchanters are just "OK"? Please, they are terrible. When an SK with app 1 spells can outparse a chanter by almost 4k then this class is useless. The reason no one wants chanters buffed up AT ALL is because everyone knows that if a chanter got ANY dps or survivability increase they would dominate everyone and the current OP classes just couldnt deal with that.

With that being said, chanters are extremely hard to balance. To what Froggleg said though, he is right. Our CC isnt that great, in theory it should be, but its not because our DPS isnt enough to do jack while CCing people. Enchanters really need to be looked into. Unless you play one dont just assume they are "OK" because they arent dominating BG's or WF's and whatnot. They are not good at all except to be a "Buff bot" and even that is useless.

Good chanters parse well. 

Their dps and cc is fine.  Problem is same thing as with dirges.  They are utility classes and their buffs mean close to nothing in pvp.  Utility classes need some legit pvp utility.

__________________
Twyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #25
Balrok

Loremaster
Balrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 862
Default

... I really don't know how to explain this, but chanters never should be OP and I never want them to be OP.  Their sustained DPS should always fall behind true tier 1 DPS classes.  If a chanter is at the top of a BG parse... it means nothing.  That's just mostly splash damage casting behind a heal and tank.

The buffs we offer are kind of suck at the moment, but they do make others stronger.  Problem is, adding another tier 1 DPS class instead is better at the moment.

Coercers could use a slight dps bump.... maybe.  I'd like to try one out again, but I could never give up some illy things.

My gear is pretty terrible atm, so meh.     There are other classes hurting or needing to be scaled back then chanters.

__________________
The PvP issues are known and will be worked on "when time allows".

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #26
Charmnevac
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Taylor Gang
Rank: Wiz Khalifa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 97
Default

I don't think people think class issues through. Chanters are meant to control a fight more than anyone with mana regen and CC. Same with troubs, and in some cases dirges. The #'s aren't everything. A chanter could kill most classes 1v1 if it gets the jump, simply because he can cycle CC.

However, Omougi is doing ridiculous things IMO as far as nerfing CC continusously goes. He is trying to dumb down most of the classes too much, and make t1 mage dps classes stronger than anything else. I highly disagree with NEEDING a warlock/wizard to be successful in group pvp. It's nearly pointless to PVP without them. Chanter's aren't essential anymore, yet these classes are. He did a terrible job on chanters/bards by killing their CC durations. I don't really understand what he is trying to accomplish. To make them more viable they need to have their CC durations increased. Quit listening to people who play BG's and get owned by the same person multiple times. Listen to the people who play on Nagafen and are known for being PvP'ers and the best possible balance will be implemented.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #27
Davngr1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,179
Default

melee scouts are fine.   remember we're IN melee range and all people have to do is tab.. and we're thre to die while the range dps hangs back sitting pretty.  (the passive target clears need to be removed across the board)

  yes locks are hard to kill but wiz because they lack that port aren't nearly as hard to kill.   if anything increase the recast on the port. 

  healers got hit too hard.  you need to increase heal/ward.

 tanks are fine but i really, really wish my poor assassin wasn't (taunt) locked. 

  pet needs to stay as is because that's part of playing a summoner, keep your pet alive.    summners on the other hand could use a lil boost on survivability.  they pretty fast with out a healer.

  chanters need something special.  maybe add some slows or something to a few of their spells.  the detargets need to go tho..  most every class lost their target clears why not them?    maybe add a stone skin to one of their temp buffs or something.

__________________
Davngr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #28
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone) Taunt + FD deserves to stay in, it's always been in and it's a great strat. Don't change this imo, and if you do, fix evade durations. They are unnecessary.

The forced detarget from Divide and Conquer + FD did not always exist. When divide and conquer was added to the game in RoK people complained about the 8 second long detarget and it was nerfed (removed) in PvP and rightfully so. Divide and Conquer did not exist at all in T7 PvP at all when level 70 was the level cap and pvp was just fine. I did a lot of open world PvP in RoK and TSO and Bruiser Divide and Conquer + FD was not a valid strategy. I was shocked going into BGs for the first time at level 90 and seeing this exploit work again. To say that taunt lock + FD always existed is LIE. It did not always exist. This exploit being reintroduced to the game is one of the many changes that has ruined PvP. This is coming from someone who has 15,000+ pre-level 90 open world kills.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #29
Corydonn

Loremaster
Corydonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 744
Default

Novusod wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bruiser, Monk - needs a slight DPS boost, taunt + feign death needs balancing (being locked to nothing forever needs to be gone) Taunt + FD deserves to stay in, it's always been in and it's a great strat. Don't change this imo, and if you do, fix evade durations. They are unnecessary.

The forced detarget from Divide and Conquer + FD did not always exist. When divide and conquer was added to the game in RoK people complained about the 8 second long detarget and it was nerfed (removed) in PvP and rightfully so. Divide and Conquer did not exist at all in T7 PvP at all when level 70 was the level cap and pvp was just fine. I did a lot of open world PvP in RoK and TSO and Bruiser Divide and Conquer + FD was not a valid strategy. I was shocked going into BGs for the first time at level 90 and seeing this exploit work again. To say that taunt lock + FD always existed is LIE. It did not always exist. This exploit being reintroduced to the game is one of the many changes that has ruined PvP. This is coming from someone who has 15,000+ pre-level 90 open world kills.

I'm going to go ahead and call BS on this post. You've been wrong many times before and I hadn't seen one post complaining about this to be nerfed or any patch notes saying otherwise. The fact that I learned taunt + FD as a trick from a pvper on a pvp server to stop healers from healing your target in the RoK era makes me think it's been in the whole time and you could just be mad out of spite!

Even if Feign Death didn't clear target. (Which I can't believe ever happened.) There were still other ways to get players to drop their target to targeting nothing.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #30
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

Corydonn wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and call BS on this post. You've been wrong many times before and I hadn't seen one post complaining about this to be nerfed or any patch notes saying otherwise. The fact that I learned taunt + FD as a trick from a pvper on a pvp server to stop healers from healing your target in the RoK era makes me think it's been in the whole time and you could just be mad out of spite!

Even if Feign Death didn't clear target. (Which I can't believe ever happened.) There were still other ways to get players to drop their target to targeting nothing.

It is definately not BS. The OLD way of stopping healers from healing was to taunt them and then target through someone else to hit them. If they tied to heal they would get cannot heal target error because both the target and the implied target would be considered enemies. Scouts were always used as PvP Main assist because of this. Now it is all about forcing people to have no target at all which is completely lame. Clearing target and Forced no target are NOT the same thing. It is stupid tricks like forced no target that ruined PvP because it replaced teamwork with cheap gimkics and I will stand by that statement forever.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.