EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

Please provide any feedback or bugs for level 101 to 110 priest abilities here. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing bugs with functionality, including NPC target if reporting an issue with a hostile ability, and targets name/class if reporting an issue with beneficial abilities.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Mermut

Single target Cure (on lvl 100 toon) is not curing dets from any of the overland names in Plane of Magic.
It cures to lvl 110 but the names are higher lvl then that
Additionally, the adept lvl group cure (what is awarded by the beta buffer) only cures up to lvl 93.. so totally useless.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
Elinea

For the warden, when I achieved level 102, I was granted Essence of the Great Bear VIII (apprentice). With the prestige line, we were given Essence of the Great Bear VIII (rank 1) which is the better of the two abilities. Not sure if that's intended or an oversight, so thought I'd put it here.

[IMG]
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
Mermut

At lvl 102, the Cure spell (single target cure) is still only lvl 110. If this spell doesn't level as it is supposed to, it will be useless in all levels of content, including solo.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
Sudedor

I was wondering how they were going to handle that. This exists for all Priests. Our starter Prismatic AA ability is a higher tier of an existing buff. I'll be watching to see what they decide to do. Personally, I'd like to see that starter Prismatic simply modify whatever the current tier of that buff might be instead of replacing it.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #6
Mermut

I hope this is a bug.. I don't play a channeler, but % based heals are a horrible idea.
They aren't affected by cb, pot or ab mod. They don't crit... It would mean that healing NEVER gets easier... since gear would yield ZERO improvement in heals.
The easiest heroic instances will be as hard to heal on the last day of the expac as the first day.. since the healers ability to heal will have changed not at all.. but all other classes will get stronger as they gear up.
I can just imagine hard core raids... healers won't get any gear upgrades until everybody else has them... since giving gear to healers won't have any impact on their ability to do their primary job o_O
Old 10-20-2017, 01:47 AM   #7
Monstuhr

Ummmm....Percent based heals are bad. Let's list the issues:

1. They are not fun;
2. They do not scale with anything;
3. If Channelers have percent based and other healers do not then Channelers are at a massive disadvantage. By example, every heal from every other healer is a 100% heal due to potency. However, Channelers will not be. Why?

I am hoping this was an oversight. TChannelers are already an underused/appreciated class and this change only exacerbates the issue. If the idea behind class balance is to bring classes together, why push an underused class already further down the healing spectrum? If this is intended, this is a BAD change.
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #8
Vunder

I am hoping that percent based heals are just a bug that carried over from TLE server BETA

But if not. I can't continue to play one. There is no way i can heal with percent based heals.
Vunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #9
Pixilicious

Also new channeler lvl 105 spell Construct Color: Dark, already got that at lvl 95.
Pixilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 AM   #10
Agarth

100% agree with the above feedback.

- Channeler's heals have percentage based on the TLE, they are the OP healer on Fallen Gate because of the construct 35% intercept and percentage heals in a very low potency environment (5-10% max).
- On LIVE, the huge potency values + ability mod + cb + fervor will not affect percentage heals. The scaling disadvantage will be enormous compared to normals heals.

I hope it's a bug carried from the TLE, because in the current state of PoP Beta : why play a channeler when you could play a scaling healer class ?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:28 AM   #11
Pixilicious

So I did not know they had % based heals for channelers on TLE. Never played there, wonder how its been working out for them ? Are there ANY channelers on TLE ?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 AM   #12
Pixilicious

Ok I see, ty
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 AM   #13
Monstuhr

Yay, looks like channelers are back to normal heals!
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #14
Pixilicious

For Channeler class all their heals changed to % heals now (Healing Arrow, Salubrious Invocation, Vector of Life) death prevents heal also (Channeled Protection) also the AA ability's heals (Healing Barrage), also now they can't crit.
But the Shadow line in the aa tree was not changed, they still say they are improving the heals, and the critical heal amounts.
Prayer of Healing in the Shadow tree Priest line, Proper Invocation and Breath of Life in the Channeler line should be changed.
Also the end ability in the Channeler line called Focus of Restoration should be chnaged, since now it doesn't make sense.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #15
Priestality

templars have same problem with their buff Symbol of Marzin VIII

the upgrade to shield of faith doesnt say it adds the impart faith from the epuic spell but it does trigger it. Small examine issue
Old 10-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #16
Mermut

Woot! Good to hear!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #17
Geobaldi01

Possible Channeler Bug:
all spells from level 101-110 are just standard upgrades from previous levels.
There are no real changes except Mana cost. Mana cost is x10 to x20 the cost of the previous tier spells for some spells (not all)
Example (tooltip from spell in my spellbook for all values so my AA's and gear apply)
Barrage IX (lvl 90) costs 435 mana
Barrage X (lvl100) costs 482 mana
Barrage XI (lvl110) costs 7027 mana

Barrage X and Barrage XI don't do anything different except Barrage XI being a standard upgrade in damage just like IX was to X
Geobaldi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #18
Pixilicious

Cool, thanks Monstuhr !
Old 10-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #19
Mermut

I am assuming the aim skill is for use with weapons like bows/crossbows.
This skill does not skill up on my warden when I use the crossbow on a target dummy.
As previously noted, priest cannot hit, at all, with the crossbow.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #20
Earar

can hit as bruiser but the aim skill doesn't increase either .. still at 5
Old 10-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #21
Mermut

Well, there goes that idea about what the 'aim' skill was for AND what the reason why mages and priests couldn't hit with the corssbow is Tongue
That being said, more data should, in theory, make it easier for them to locate and squish the bug Smile
Old 10-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #22
Adoninilol

No, even there the % based heals are bad. You cap on dissonance if the tank is taking a lot of damage and you have to hit truespirits, and even truespirits is a 10% heal which is just ok when my tank has like 15k hp and my hand heals on my mystic do like 3-4k.

Side note, channelers are still bananas strong healers~
Old 10-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #23
Elinea

I noticed as I got to level 110, my Tunare's Chosen pet was blue to me (level 109). So I canceled the spell and resummoned the pet. Now it's level 100 and green to me Frown
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #24
Earar

yeah all upgraded spells linked to the epic buff bug if you use the buff.

my bruiser lightning fist 7 has no damage linked when I cast my void strike buff. maybe will be corrected when they place new spells
Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
Vunder

Crossbow uses ranged skill. I hit with it just fine. The problem is, i cannot use any spells that require a bow because....it is not a bow...that and i have 2.0 which makes the whole idea of having a cool leveling weapon sad.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #26
Mermut

Actually, reading the tooltip on the Skill Aim, it is supposed to be the skill yields the text: 'This is how ell you use crossbows'
Hence my tests and comments. So either the text on Aim is wrong or the skill isn't working as intended.
And mages/priests can't hit with the crossbow. There are at least 2 bugs in there.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:24 AM   #27
Clintsat

Fury Spells:
From what I could see, only Call of Storms, Thunderbolt and Fae Fires expert level spells are better than GM versions of prior tier. Is that intended? My ancient heals are significantly better than expert-level spells from the new tier.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #28
Earar

good thing --> no need to pay to upgrade spells then.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #29
Yado

What has happened to my Truespirit Rift? It is missing from my Channeler.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #30
Vunder

I have not logged in today, but I would assume it is getting removed and reworked.

I know of no raid channeler that uses it actively as its damage and heals are terrible. I personally REALLY like it, but I get more healing/damage from the right side.