EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Tayne

Loremaster

... and one of those requests was for old-school travel, where you had to actually ride out into Norrath and there wasn't anything like portals and bells?

Well it appears one NPC has gotten the message and is trying his best to demolish the travel global bell on the Antonican docks. (hehe! Happy Holidays!)

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Mohee

Lord

KILL IT GOOD!

P.S. I still ride the boat a lot just for fun.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Bawang

Loremaster

Those who ask for such things can be called either sadists or masochists.  In the beginning, it's ok for the game to force you to actually see the world without shortcuts to travel.  After a few years, when you're leveling up your umpteenth toon, it's smart to introduce traveling shortcuts to avoid a situation where people quit as a reaction to the sheer tedium of it all.

Bawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Tayne

Loremaster

lol, I don't mind the portals etc... but there's a wistful part of me that wouldn't mind seeing them gone either ... I think we forget so many zones that are delightful (re)discoveries in our rush around jumping through portals and ringing bells.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
daalberith

Lord

I don't mind the portals. I just miss having to unlock stuff for the first time whether it be access to zones or the griffin towers or whatever. Many of the quest might still be there and working, but they serve no purpose any more and I'd wager most people ignore them.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
daalberith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Hamervelder

Loremaster

daalberith wrote:

I don't mind the portals. I just miss having to unlock stuff for the first time whether it be access to zones or the griffin towers or whatever. Many of the quest might still be there and working, but they serve no purpose any more and I'd wager most people ignore them.

Aah, the exhilaration of completing the access quests to Enchanted Lands, Zek, etc.  Those were the days.  SMILEY  Many friends were made in those days, because you know... you actually needed other people for more than dungeon crawling.  That, and the runs across the zones were long and slow.  It helped if you had people to talk with while you went.  SMILEY

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Nakaru-Nitepaw

Loremaster

I like the upset look on his face lol. He's saying "Darn you...".

Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Calthine

ZAM EQII

He is CLEARLY severely cheesed at that globe SMILEY

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #9
Tayne

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

daalberith wrote:

Aah, the exhilaration of completing the access quests to Enchanted Lands, Zek, etc.  Those were the days.    Many friends were made in those days, because you know... you actually needed other people for more than dungeon crawling.  That, and the runs across the zones were long and slow.  It helped if you had people to talk with while you went.  

Part of the new Freeport questline puts you back on that boat (looks like the access one to EL) .. and oh it brought back so many memories! The animation is sublime, as is the monster .. no more, don't want any spoilers.