EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Catria

Loremaster

Okay so Gninja has confirmed that there is a NoTD item in the game that has not been discovered yet on any server that allows you to put fog in your house.  If anyone has any ideas, etc. to help in the search, please post here.  SMILEY

So far I have checked all over the LP haunted house, checked around Maj'Dul, tried the Nek Forest docks, searched around the quest NPC down the beach from the docks in Nek Forest, searched North Qeynos, looked around McQuibble's Farm, talked to Ponchy and searched around the village there... no luck. 

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

might be a guide event item perhaps?

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
Catria

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:

might be a guide event item perhaps?

No, definitely not.  Gninja specifically said it was part of NoTD and that nobody had found it yet.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

ah. no clues? bleh if its this hard to find we should bug them for a clue atleast.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
Kamimura

Loremaster

Ooooh, man, I would love some of those.. I'll be on the look out..

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #6
Lillaanya

Loremaster

I also throroughly searched the haunted house in FP/Qeynos while it was on test with no results.

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
Foolsfolly

Loremaster

Perhaps a rare drop from Headless Horseman, or one of the named in the Hedge maze?

I have noticed that the guys in the hedge have some unusual drops if you kill them enough times.

Foolsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
Kamimura

Loremaster

Foolsfolly wrote:

Perhaps a rare drop from Headless Horseman, or one of the named in the Hedge maze?

I have noticed that the guys in the hedge have some unusual drops if you kill them enough times.

Could be.. I kinda hope not, though. If it's from the hedge it must be crazy rare, because it has been done many times on test and live.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #9
Catria

Loremaster

Ok, through some PM's back and forth, Gninja has told me or confirmed that he has said the following:

1)  It is in a NoTD related zone.  (It is NOT in a zone that is not related to NoTD).2)  It can be reached by a lvl 1 player.3)  There is some sort of prerequsite to seeing/obtaining it.4)  Nothing special needs to be worn to get it.5)  It is not a drop item.6)  There is no way to lock yourself out from finding it.

So there ya go... if anyone finds it or has any input as far as helping search for it, please feel free to contribute here.  SMILEY

Old 10-17-2009, 05:20 AM   #10
Kamimura

Loremaster

Well, I checked all over the haunted mansion. It was my second time through this year, but my first time this year actually doing the quest.. may go back for a second look, but others have checked as well and nothing.. I can't seem to get back into the haunted house in WFP - but I think I remember from the test thread that nothing was added there. However, since it's been checked by a few of you, I'll leave that for a bit later.So, if it's in one of the instances, that only leaves the maze.. Hmm.. (Or does "It is in a NoTD related zone." mean more than just the instances? That could likely include Nek forest as well, couldn't it?)Edit: Checked all over the maze again, both while I was going to the center, and then back on the way out. Nothing. Looked around Nek forest a bit, but no luck. Well, I'm stumped, but I'll keep thinking. Hopefully someone comes across it soon.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
Resaina
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Learo Solais

Loremaster

Ok, This is the spoiler for the fog machine and the screech noise box, I discovered these last night, I was really surprised to find them. They are really cool effects to add to your haunted ideas. I live at 5 Karana Court on Antonia Bayle server if you would like to check them out under Resaina. Sorry if the pics are not up to snuff as I am lousy trying to get them from the photobucket site to here.

I was wandering around in Somborn Village and thought I would pop in and see my old friend Havras"Hack" Scutter.

Hmm, there was something laying on the floor behind him, I wonder what it could be?

This is actually what the box looked like, not the actual pic of it, forgot to snap a pic when I saw it on the floor.

sorry couldn't get a better shot, do not know why when I put the photo on photo bucket it made it smaller. I tried enlarging it but then the words were really fuzzy.

This is what the fog looks like in your house

and what the screech noise box looks like. The fog was a little difficult to place as you lose your curser when you go to place but after many tries moving it from the house inventory I got it to just the right place. The screech box goes off every couple of minutes and makes a loud screech like sound.

Resaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
Catria

Loremaster

Grats on finding it finally!  I looked all over that room and didn't see it yesterday - guess I was too tired at the time.... sigh....

SMILEY

Old 10-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
Resaina

Loremaster

It was rather hard to see, I only noticed it after manuvering the camera around, but it could also be on the floor in one of the other houses also, so keep looking, I'm sure it is around,lol.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Any idea what it looks like on the ground or what its respwan time is?  looking around Somborn I couldn't find it.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
Resaina

Loremaster

It looks like the red puzzle box that I posted pics of, and it was lying on the ground behind Harvos close to the table. I have no idea on the respawn time of it. I went back later to see if I could see the box on the ground but didn't see it so I have no idea. It was hard to see the first time for me, so you might have to manuver the camera around to actually see the red puzzle box laying on the ground. If I get a chance later I will go and check the spot out with one of my alts and see if I can locate it. and to see if it could be a random thing in one of the somborn village houses.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
Mary the Prophetess

Loremaster

I looked all around the village on Venekor and found no trace

Mary the Prophetess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
Juravael

Loremaster

Same here, but I have no idea what the pre-req is to be able to see it as posted above.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
prusso1970

Loremaster

hmm ..been looking very closely throughout Somborn and not finding it .. I wonder if it's necessary to look at night when the zone effect is on ..  Any other hints about pre-reqs if any?

prusso1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
Mary the Prophetess

Loremaster

I found it with my main at 4:30 am game time.  It is a treasured house item (and therefore tradable).  Camping and bringing on an alt to see about respawn timer.

Looks like only a 5 min retimer and both are non-lore so you can have more than one.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #20
Ahlana

Loremaster

prusso1970 wrote:

hmm ..been looking very closely throughout Somborn and not finding it .. I wonder if it's necessary to look at night when the zone effect is on ..  Any other hints about pre-reqs if any?

Maybe after you have been biten in the graveyard?

Old 10-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #21
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

So, after speaking of this on several channels, it appeared on Antoni-bayle.Homeshow, that only the ones having the lost necklace from the gleaming chest of the maze in their bags could see it.

I destroyed my necklace and the box despawned.

So you need to :

-do the FP/Qeynos HH

- do the LP haunted house once

- do the nek quest

- do the maze a second time and do the gnome quest

- kill the maze boss

- go to the gleaming chest not far from Raven and loot the necklace

- got to Somborn and loot the item with neclace in inventory.

The red box is on a 5 minutes respawn timer

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
Vanayre

Tester

Yeah thats what it requires. Husband had to have it in his inventory (the only difference between him and I when he couldn't see it) I had it in my inventory and he had it in the bank.

I don't think its 5 min though? Maybe it is..my sense of time isn't that great LOL

Vanayre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
Mary the Prophetess

Loremaster

I can verify that.  My main (who has done all of the pre-requisites found it with no problems.  My alt (who has not done the pre-requisites) could not find it.

5 Min. respawn, and no time of day requirement.

Non-Lore, and tradable for both items

Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #24
Elorah

Loremaster

Yep, needed the necklace to see it SMILEY

And you can harvest it up to 3 times if you are fast enough SMILEY

Old 10-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
Aerfen
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

Big question is...can it be placed in guild halls?

Thank you for giving carpenters building blocks!! - Lady Aerfen
Aerfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Bratface

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Big question is...can it be placed in guild halls?

Yes

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Well done on the find SMILEY

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #28
Rench

Loremaster

Is the chest always there? I did the gnome quest then killed the boss, but I see no chest yet. Unless I missed it but I thought I checked basically entire hedge again.

Rench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #29
Alvane
Server: Unrest
Guild: Old Timer Guild

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Ok, through some PM's back and forth, Gninja has told me or confirmed that he has said the following:

1)  It is in a NoTD related zone.  (It is NOT in a zone that is not related to NoTD).2)  It can be reached by a lvl 1 player.3)  There is some sort of prerequsite to seeing/obtaining it.4)  Nothing special needs to be worn to get it.5)  It is not a drop item.6)  There is no way to lock yourself out from finding it.

So there ya go... if anyone finds it or has any input as far as helping search for it, please feel free to contribute here. 

#3 is very very important or u won't be able to see nor get it... heh heh

Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #30
Kamimura

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

4)  Nothing special needs to be worn to get it.

Ugh, I took this to mean you didn't need to have something special in your inventory, either. No wonder I never saw anything in Somborn.