EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Kaitheel

Dev

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test and Test Copy!

Adventurers across Norrath are encouraged to join in the celebrations through holiday crafting, trick-or-treating, or investigating haunted locations! But be wary of Gigglegibber goblin impersonators who have been spotted luring unsuspecting adventurers into dangerous situations.  If you should find yourself in such a situation, an ally or two will help improve your odds of survival.

If you have any feedback or bugs, please post it in this thread so that we will be sure to see it.  Thank you!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

love the new quest, dont want to spoil anything but will say it seems to be working properly. and on a bit of a cryptic note, we need a bat illusion implanted in the game.found what i would say is a bug, the house item dosent display properly. can see the wall on the other side of it.edit agen, we should also be allowed to kick the first quest giver or atleast let him reconise we finnished the quest and get scared witless.
shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

The reward was made that way. That way players could create the same effect in player houses. There is already a item that looks that way without the effect on it in game.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Wyeth

Loremaster

Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight but the Goblin in front of the haunted house tells you about the "Haunted House Tickets" but it  appears that you don't need a ticket anymore to enter or did I miss something?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
LadyVader

Loremaster

BRAVO!!!  Best quest for Nights of the Dead imo to date!  Did not see any bugs either.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
LadyVader

Loremaster

Am I doing something wrong or is the Gigglegiber Trick-or-Treater quest broken?  I get the quest, but it doesn't show in my log and does not show in my quest help window, but the questgiver is acting like I have the quest, but I don't.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
Kaitheel

Dev

No, Tahiri.  I know that it is a bit odd, and if we had had more time, Gninja and I would have liked to have revamped the Gigglegibber Trick-or-Treat quests to be timed quests that appear in your quest journal.  But they are as they have been, which is to say that they do not show up in your journal.  But thank you for your promt report.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
Catria

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Am I doing something wrong or is the Gigglegiber Trick-or-Treater quest broken?  I get the quest, but it doesn't show in my log and does not show in my quest help window, but the questgiver is acting like I have the quest, but I don't.
I bugged this as well.  I can get through the dialogs and he appears to give me the quest but I do not get the trick or treat option with any of the NPCs.
Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Yeah we are seeing that as well now. We are investigating.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
Catria

Loremaster

Add my applause - LOVE the new quest and the cloak is FANTASTIC!  Great job art department!  In fact, great job everyone!

The only bug I found related to this one is that the Circlet of the Dead does not show up in the dressing room so there is no way to see what it looks like when trying to decide on reward.  Perhaps you could just give both as one is a house item and one is appearance only?

I agree that it would be nice to have a bit of closure with the quest if possible.  Maybe have us return to the goblin that gave it to get the reward instead. 

I have not been able to try any of the new recipes because trick or treating is not working, and I am assuming that this is where we get our treats for the recipes?  Or am I supposed to go kill stuff like we did for Erollisi Day candies and notes?

I noticed that the Sinister armor set is missing a helm and wrist item - if those could be added, especially the bracers as it looks incomplete without them, that would be great.  The set looks really cool - perhaps just try to make the color of the orange on the cloak match the armor pieces is all. 

The illusions that we can buy are really cool, too.  I would like to see a couple of "pretty" illusions and not just creepy ones though.  Maybe a fae drake or a banshee or something us ladies might like a bit more?  They all seem to be gorey/creepy or male illusions pretty much.  (Love the maneating plant, though - feed me Seymour!)

Kudos to the devs who named some of the NPCs.  Phrau Blucher had me falling off my chair laughing.  SMILEY  Now we just need an NPC standing by a door commenting on the knockers.....

Old 09-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #11
Kaitheel

Dev

Thank you for the kudos, Lyssia!  The names were rather fun to come up with, too!  As for the crafting, you suspected correctly.  It is similar to Erollisi crafting.  While you are hunting creepy beasts there is a chance that you will find some special treats within their pockets.  Those treats are the items that the recipes require.

As for the sinister helm and wrist, I'll get that added to the tradeskill recipes.  Don't know how I missed them!

Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #12
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

nobody likes my bat illusion reward idea? bah
Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #13
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I agree that it would be nice to have a bit of closure with the quest if possible. Maybe have us return to the goblin that gave it to get the reward instead.

even the quest mentions spreading the word about the imposter. could even let us tell one of the real goblins about it. but ya the quest does seem to end slightly hanging, althogh the important part is taken care of
Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
Mads

Loremaster

I've participated in every Halloween event since the launch of EQ2..I have to say, this was ALOT of fun..and at the end, well, my guildies already say I have a huge butt for a High Elf templar, if they would have seen what I just saw, I'd never hear the end of it.  Well done..well done.

Madelinerose

LDL/Strike

Mads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
Mads

Loremaster

Also, Gigglegibber Scalper in NQ asks me if I want to buy a ticke?  unless thats how you want it, thought you might want to add the "t" to that.
Mads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:29 AM   #16
Catria

Loremaster

Someone in chat on test asked if the cloak we receive from the new LP haunted house quest will be mountable, and I would really like to see this if at all possible.  The cloak is gorgeous and would really look nice in houses.  Domino tells me that thanks for all the new cloaks goes to developer Jeff Jonas (I think), so thank you, thank you - the cloaks that have been designed recently are amazing. 

Anyway... Kaitheel, can you make this cloak mountable as a house item please?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #17
Catria

Loremaster

Either I am very very unlucky or the treats needed for the new crafting recipes are very rare.  Could the drop rate on these be increased just a tad? 
Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 AM   #18
Catria

Loremaster

Kaitheel wrote:

Thank you for the kudos, Lyssia!  The names were rather fun to come up with, too!  As for the crafting, you suspected correctly.  It is similar to Erollisi crafting.  While you are hunting creepy beasts there is a chance that you will find some special treats within their pockets.  Those treats are the items that the recipes require.

As for the sinister helm and wrist, I'll get that added to the tradeskill recipes.  Don't know how I missed them!

Thanks Kaitheel!

A couple more suggestions (not a big deal but still...)  It would be hilarious if you hear a whinnying noise when you hail the Phrau Blucher NPC (anyone that doesn't understand this should watch the movie Young Frankenstein).  Also, if possible it would be nice to have different screams when the vampires spawn from the coffins in the new haunted house.  It got to be a bit monotonous after the first time.  A little variety would do the trick here. 

Old 10-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #19
freel

General

I also seem to be unlucky as after more than an hour of killing gnolls, skellies, zombies, etc. in Anotica I've looted zero night of the dead treats.
freel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #20
Eveningsong

Tester

shadowscale wrote:
Isn't there a bat illusion with one of the spirit totems?
Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:23 AM   #21
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

Eveningsong wrote:
shadowscale wrote:
Isn't there a bat illusion with one of the spirit totems?
not the same as a vampire bat form ability thogh, it just goes with the story line of the event.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #22
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos

Loremaster

I loved new Nights of the Dead events this year and the recipes too.            

....but I was hoping for at least Hay bales and Scarescrows recipes this year. They would go so well with the pumkins, the crow and the bone stick/pole from the years before Hounted House quest. There is even something else I would want to see is maybe a recipe for Corn stalks. These three things would be something to see in your house for harvest season. Maybe next year please? I know the Hay Bales and the Scarescrow already is in game but not so sure about the Corn Stalks, but think I might have seen some in Rivervale?

I seen a lot recipes this year for the 'Nights of the Dead' Event that were on the evil wish list for house items a while back and love them. Thanks for more evil items! SMILEY

Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
Bratface

Loremaster

Love the naming!!!My character was turned into a DE and I actually told my hunny that it looked like Joan Rivers (all stretched out from too my plastic surgery), imagine my surprise when I met up with Joanne Rivers in the haunted house, I LOL irl.I would suggest a warning dialog on exiting before you are done, as it resets teh quest, I accidently exited and had to start over again because I was unable to catch up to my partner who did not zone out.Also a 3 character limit is odd, I am always in a group of 4, so we have to split up in to 2 groups of 2, but not that big of a deal.And why do we have to choose between two great rewards? Unless its repeatable (I haven't gone back after finishing the haunted house yet) then disregard =pVery nice artwork bravo, bravo.
Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #24
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

It is indeed repeatable SMILEY
Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #25
Bratface

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:
<3 you!But why are the mirrors lore? /cryEdit to cry
Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #26
Hollyf
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Guardians of the Light

General

For the new things for "Nights of the Dead," I MUST give my congrats and kudoes to SOE and all who had their hands in this one; it is just awesome in every way possible. The cloak quest really had my heart beating once in the instance in LP, all the way to the very end. Way to go, Team !
Hollyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #27
sarge

Loremaster

Just want to say NICE JOB cant wait for my friends todo the quest in LP. Did get a sound loop when i was burning the coffins when the scream happened game froze for a couple seconds. Bug report submitted
Old 10-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #28
Catria

Loremaster

Bratface wrote:
Gninja wrote:
<3 you!But why are the mirrors lore? /cryEdit to cry
Hmmm good question - why ARE the mirrors lore?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #29
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

That's a great question... I don't believe they were supposed to be lore. I will check into that.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #30
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

One question...whats the recommended setting to do the quest, no i won't be testing it, ill be doing it when its live, but when i first did the event thats been going for the last 2 years i was on extreme performance and actually missed most of the scary things... like that zombie didnt pop up for me at the time, so will there be a recommended quality setting to get the best experience for this?

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote