EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
Cosmi

MY OPINION OF THIS BETA: There are many things in this expansion that I have enjoyed, but when it comes to the signature quest line, I am not liking it. Solo quest line should be doable by the "average" player and this is not. Collection gear, gear from killing named should be more than enough to do solos and it is not. I was one shot in innovation on third and last named. Thanks to help from others, changed my gear to beta gear and got a couple of the health adorns and was able to do it. Then I got to the Solusek dungeon. Talk about a new kind of hell. I got through most of it easy enough, but on verlixa I had to switch gear again, to be able to nuke harder. Since I am a wizzy, my resists were already high and did not need the resist gear. (I should not have to switch gear in the dungeon, to do the dungeon) Now I'm on another named that looks like a big bird. Wiki talks about the claws i'm suppose to move. I have fought the bird 3 or 4 times now, still looking for the claws. I have never worked so hard in a Beta before. I do like a challenge, but have been majorly delayed "many" times d/t beta not working right through no fault of my own. I understand that is what beta is for, but I will be majorly upset if, after spending all this real money and working so hard, putting in so much time to do this, I don't get my beta reward.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
Cosmi

I realized the problem. The signature quest line is really do able. It is the EQ2 wiki that was the problem. The instructions for certain named was either wrong or poorly written. I DO like this expansion now that i'm done with it hehe.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:21 AM   #3
knine

sometimes just don't read wiki and read what the NPC says, so you can learn and work the mobs Smile
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
Lucus

the WIKI can be edited by anyone, that's the problem, any idiot can edit it.

the sig line is not hard, between reading the quest text and npc say and the wiki i was easily able to progress, the only flaw with the wiki sig line guide is when i read it last it didn't have all the strats for the nameds in the solo zones, besides remeber it's in beta, if you find something missing from wikia then add to it.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
Bardonio

^^
Old 11-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #6
Bardonio

I am looking forward to this expansion more than any past expansions for the past 4 years. It may seems more like a game update to some, however I do believe there has been more effort put into the content of PoP. Nice to see you finally coming around and getting the sig line done in beta! Hope it was fun for you. Maybe now you wont guide players to wiki for good information as you yourself realized wiki can have some wrong information. grats again on your sig line completion and look forward to you taking me off ignore on live servers. One could only hope..
Old 11-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
Bardonio

Well, i think i figured out whats going on with you as a wizard in KA.
http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/459562286970
i would make suggestions however i feel they will fall on deaf ears.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
Beee

I did the complete singature with the gear you get from the trader for free - so i can say: It's doable Smile

And please do not forget: It's just beta, so everything - including rewards of the quests - might change within the next 3 weeks Wink

damn, you got the problem Smile
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #9
Toxlas

You do realise the wiki is written by players, who are working through the content at the same time as everyone else, don't you? If you think you can write up the claws strategy better, you go do it! I tried to describe it to a guildie and it was very difficult until I could actually show him what I meant. Chilli and the gang do a great job.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:10 AM   #10
Cosmi

I am fully aware of the wonderful help that EQ2 wiki gives. I use it all the time and I highly recommend it. I was not talking badly of wiki. I was merely stating that the instructions written for a few of the named was way off base. Now if you want to talk about the reasons why, then I would add they likely changed or fixed the dungeon from the time the instructions were written to the time I did it. I was not the only person to say that about the named instructions which is why I brought it up. So don't assume I was talking badly of wiki, when I was not. I was merely warning others, that if they are having a hard time, it might be because of those instructions. I also fully know well what beta is all about, been playing the game since start and doing betas. Never had any problem doing them before.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:22 AM   #11
Cosmi

I have found that even when wiki is wrong, it is usually in the ball park and I can figure it out from there. That was not the case with a few named. Some of the named their emotes did say what to do, but I did not notice till later. One was still confusing. I will still tell players to check out EQ2 wiki but I'll add a warning about accuracy, to use it as a guide. I don't recognize the name Bardonio but based on how you talk, I think I know who you are. I'll take you off ignore, but remember to play nicely and I will also Smile
Old 11-12-2017, 03:35 AM   #12
Cosmi

Bardonio seriously, you feel the need to troll me here also? First off: the first gear I tried to do the solo dungeons in, was gear I got from collection quests in the new expansion and named mobs I killed in the new expansion. That should have been more than enough. For innovation, it was not. A nice person that helped me, only had beta gear on, so I changed my gear to beta gear, which had worse stats but better resists and I was then able to do innovations. Beta gear did not work for me in solusek. I had to change back to my gear with better stats. I did not need the resists because wizzies have high elemental resists already. The gear you linked, is not two year old gear. Learn the game better and you would know that. Your deaf ears comment just reassures me that I made a good decision putting you on ignore.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #13
Bardonio

Of course content will be more challenging in 2 year old gear. Not to mention the author would refer every single question in beta general chat to the wiki. I tried to explain that not all the information there was accurate and was announced by the author in general chat in beta Welcome to ignore Fonyx. So as I try to help there are those who just won’t take the help. I really hope she will enjoy PoP when it goes live. If there is one thing that helps this community it’s helpful and knowledgeable players.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #14
Bardonio

Dellmun's Wonderous Wand is from ToT expansion. Klick Anon Signet Ring is from ToT expansion. Ok, i learned the game better.
maybe me being on your ignore list is the correct thing to do. I hope you decide to upgrade those pieces from 2 years ago.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #15
Bardonio

FYI: you can plainly see who I am in my tag at the end of my posts. I'm not hiding. All I wanted to do was to help you. Met with ignorance. I can help you with your character if you really wanted to improve. Just in game mail me or /t Fonyx in game. Happy hunting.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #16
knine

Don't think he was trolling you, although I don't know you're history, but looking at just your first page of AA's with you having Focused Catalyst, but not catalyst is baffling and a waste of 8 points and most if not all have taken HP buff under prestige (wizard) for you and of course their class for themselves. HP is needed in todays game state. That was just a quick glance. Maybe actually get some help from him instead of calling them out for trolling. Like I said though, don't know you're history with them.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote