EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #1321
Piestro

Community Relations

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know that we are in communication with ProSiebenSat.1 Games about several issues brought up in this thread. We encourage you to keep bringing up any potential difficulties you see both on our forums and on the ProSiebenSat.1 Forums so we can find the answers to all your questions.

Thanks,

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1322
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I've sent a PM to Feldon in the hope we can get this onto EQ2Wire and get the word out there.

These issues warrant proper attention by PSS1 and SOE, and soon.  Ignore them behind your Silence(TM) at your peril, because those few people who were up to this point still prepared to transition are now deciding not to, and with very good reason.   There will be no Euro players to migrate at this rate. 

Account security is a key priority, and PSS1 are clearly not taking it seriously.  With their security record so poor and some of their other games still full of hacked accounts, why on earth would any of us sign up with them knowing what we now know about how their system for SOE games is set up?

I'm sure PSS1 will come back with lines like 'change your password regularly' and 'we'll be vigilant for suspicious activity on the forum servers' and other platitudes.  It will take more than that.  The setup needs to change.

Us players saw all this coming months ago but you ignored us SOE.  Look back at all the posts.  If we could see it so clearly, why couldn't SOE?  Or did they really just not care? 

So much for Smed saying "we'll never make the mistake of not listening to the players again".  Looks quite a lot like history repeating to me.

Edit: and Piestro - we don't want 'answers to questions' - we want a secure and safe account setup separate from forum login, no clause about account deletion for inactivity and no insistance on remote access of our machines for ANY tech issue.  And that is just a start.  The only question is:  Will these things be fixed?  If not, its bye-bye from most of your remaining Euro players.

Peace and Solidarity

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #1323
Piestro

Community Relations

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I've sent a PM to Feldon in the hope we can get this onto EQ2Wire and get the word out there.

These issues warrant proper attention by PSS1 and SOE, and soon.  Ignore them behind your Silence(TM) at your peril, because those few people who were up to this point still prepared to transition are now deciding not to, and with very good reason.   There will be no Euro players to migrate at this rate. 

Account security is a key priority, and PSS1 are clearly not taking it seriously.  With their security record so poor and some of their other games still full of hacked accounts, why on earth would any of us sign up with them knowing what we now know about how their system for SOE games is set up?

I'm sure PSS1 will come back with lines like 'change your password regularly' and 'we'll be vigilant for suspicious activity on the forum servers' and other platitudes.  It will take more than that.  The setup needs to change.

Us players saw all this coming months ago but you ignored us SOE.  Look back at all the posts.  If we could see it so clearly, why couldn't SOE?  Or did they really just not care? 

So much for Smed saying "we'll never make the mistake of not listening to the players again".  Looks quite a lot like history repeating to me.

Edit: and Piestro - we don't want 'answers to questions' - we want a secure and safe account setup separate from forum login, no clause about account deletion for inactivity and no insistance on remote access of our machines for ANY tech issue.  And that is just a start.  The only question is:  Will these things be fixed?  If not, its bye-bye from most of your remaining Euro players.

Peace and Solidarity

You use your in game login to login to these forums as well. Much as with the ProSiebenSat.1 Games forums, the login process is not handled by the forums, but instead through a secure method seperate from the forums themselves. As to the other issues you have mentioned, I specifically spoke to the folks over at ProSiebenSat.1 on those topics this morning.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #1324
DamselInDistress

Champion

Piestro wrote:

You use your in game login to login to these forums as well. Much as with the ProSiebenSat.1 Games forums, the login process is not handled by the forums, but instead through a secure method seperate from the forums themselves. As to the other issues you have mentioned, I specifically spoke to the folks over at ProSiebenSat.1 on those topics this morning.

I don't and a lot of us don't either ...

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:16 AM   #1325
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

I still haven't seen any word about the SoE Authenticator. Will it also be transferred or just deleted on transfer? I really don't trust P7S1 on security.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #1326
Juggercap

Elder

DamselInDistress wrote:

Piestro wrote:

I don't and a lot of us don't either ...

I don't, and think it's one of the prime examples of SOE favoring convenience over actual security.

P.S. Where is my iPhone/Android keyfob?

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #1327
Juggercap

Elder

Cyrdemac wrote:

I still haven't seen any word about the SoE Authenticator. Will it also be transferred or just deleted on transfer? I really don't trust P7S1 on security.

I think the link is here. I seem to remember seeing they won't work, but they will refund what you spent.

(Very sorry if I'm wrong on that. Don't hate too far in either direction.)

Run away! Run away!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #1328
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

I think thats a key thing - here you _can_ use the same account if you want, but you don't _have_ to.  Many don't.  With PSS1 stupidly insisting on one account only per user, making two accounts, one for game and one for forums breaks T&C.  Plus the login details for your game account will still be tied with the forums whether you use it for them or not.  Unlike here, if you don't want it to.

I have no confidence that PSS1 will be as vigilant as SOE in stopping account hacks based on their performance in their other games (just read their forums for proof) combined with the simple fact that the setup for SOE games login appears to be exactly the same as that used for those other games.

I have experienced SOE spotting a hack and preventing access so I didn't lose my almost 8 year-old characters, plat and gear, and I was impressed. I also know others have not been so lucky, and SOE were utterly useless at getting them their toons and stuff back - the guild had to help them rebuild.  So I have some faith in hack prevention but not in fixing the aftermath.  Thus I want to be assured that the hack won't happen in the first place.  If it did it would be game over for me.

And yes, a Euro authenticator of some kind seems essential as the SOE one will no longer work for Euros - why do the US warrant the extra security and peace of mind but not Euros?

KEY POINTS (from me and my guildies)

• Login Security - should be able to keep game login for game ONLY, and not be forced to use the same for the forums, however 'secure' the login system is - it still links into a phpbb system which is by nature far from secure.  We also need some kind of European authenticator.
  • Multiple accounts not allowed by PSS1.  Many players have multiple SOE accounts, most people who do at Gold (thus paying).
  • Accounts using same email not allowed by PSS1.  Given how easy this is to get around by routing emails together, even if it breaks T&C (one account per user), why even have this rule?  Account structure and rules should be identical to the SOE ones we are used to.
  • PSS1 insisting that any level of tech support will require remote access to our computers and we have to just trust that it will be used as described/responsibly.  Not acceptable ever.  (And how exactly will this be achieved? Will they demand PC passwords? Send software when someone requires support? Or will it be just built into launcher - that goes beyond unacceptable)  This may seem minor to some (as many of us will reasonably assume we won't need tech support cos we know what we are doing) but after reading the farce as people migrate DCUO and try to get the new launcher working, I am assuming nothing any more.

How was none of this sorted out by now?  Why are we only now spotting this?  Surely SOE themselves should have noticed and realised long ago that things like the "one account only per user" would be an issue?  How come SOE didn't even seem to KNOW about all this?  Have they really just handed everything over to PSS1 without caring or paying attention to what they do?  'Publishing deal' - yeah right. 

Yet again it is up to us as players to do due dilligence on SOE's behalf.  Ridiculous.  Yet more evience of how insanely badly this has been managed.  And then SOE wonder why us Euros are so angry and feel so second-class.  

I'm sure people like Piestro & Brasse are utterly sick of reading our negative, hurt and angry remarks. I just wonder if it was them being forced into this after 8 years they would really just go blindly and willingly and not look closely at what they were being made to sign up to.

I also read (although I don't know if it is true) that DCUO players were only currently able to play by Credit Card - great if you don't have one.

We were assured it would be professional and it wouldn't be different except DLing a new launcher and making a new account/linking the SOE one.  We were told that the SOE games would be treated differently to the other Alaplaya 'games', yet the T&C, login/forum setup etc seems to be to all intents and purposes exactly the same, and we get faced with all this other rubbish.  Sadly I am not surprised - we all saw it coming a hundred miles away.

And this company will be handling Planetside 2?  Sheesh.

Peace & Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #1329
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I also read (although I don't know if it is true) that DCUO players were only currently able to play by Credit Card - great if you don't have one.

That was on their support forums.The rather "unfitting" answer from the head-guy in charge of the SOE games over there was like "you can't expect us to force our contractors to take care of the paperwork on weekends".So - they obviously didn't finish all their paperwork in time one could think. Yeah - half a year isn't that much time if it comes to contracts about payment sources.

But they are working on it. So the payment-sources problem should hopefully be fixed "soon" (if not already).

And it is funny that their own support (Coldor) suggests that people create 2nd accounts ... which is - by now - still against their very own TOS. So - why not get rid of that piece of text that obviously was done by beancounters who have absolutely NO idea how SOE games work?

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #1330
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

That was on their support forums.The rather "unfitting" answer from the head-guy in charge of the SOE games over there was like "you can't expect us to force our contractors to take care of the paperwork on weekends".So - they obviously didn't finish all their paperwork in time one could think. Yeah - half a year isn't that much time if it comes to contracts about payment sources.

LOL.

You'd really think it would all be ready by now.  Its not like they didn't know when it had to be done by and they had plenty of time.   No less than we have come to expect tho. 

I remember game & xpac launches when hubby still worked at NCSoft.  Weekend? Evenings? Family? Home? What are those? You get it DONE on time, employees, contractors the lot.  Seems PSS1 doesn't offer the same commitment to doing things right.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #1331
Alaralana

Defender

Well, I see nothing has changed. Let me rephrase that - Nothing has changed for the better. But it has changed for the worst. SOE, thank you for the fun, but GW2 is calling my name. To our EU brethren out there, there are other games, run by other companies, who will listen to you, who do care about you and who know exactly who pays the bills for them, us the players. SOE could learn alot about that, if they would simply pull their heads out of the sands of silence and greed.
Alaralana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #1332
Juggercap

Elder

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know that we are in communication with ProSiebenSat.1 Games about several issues brought up in this thread. We encourage you to keep bringing up any potential difficulties you see both on our forums and on the ProSiebenSat.1 Forums so we can find the answers to all your questions.

Thanks,

Give us actual information please. Everything about this nonsense has been 'we'll get back to you' bull. You're in communication? I sure hope so. Thanks for that update. It's very understandable that it's going to be a complicated process...but it has to be embarrassing by now how bad this is going.

*edit*

Complected? Not sure if I was going for complex or complicated the first time around...

Run away! Run away!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #1333
Beagley

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks,

Sorry (not wanting to shoot the messenger) but you've been "in communication with PSS1 about issues" for a very long time and for a players viewpoint nothing seems to have been achieved.

You took a very shoddy deal to grandfather non-US accounts but force new accounts onto EU servers and stop US players on EU players merely to come up with an alternative that disadvanges every single EU based player (Present and future) including US military personnel (unfotunately for them) based over here at time of transition.

You gave us assurances that discussions with PSS1 have led to them agreeing to remove the contentious points on them deleting inactive accounts within the EULA.  Months later - they are still there!

You gave us assurances that military personnel, travellers and people who emigrated from one region to another would be able to transfer back to SOE.  Then your customer support came out with the immortal lines to a customer who asked that they "would remain a PSS1 customer forever" even after moving to the US.

We had a post from (IIRC) Brasse stating that we would would be able to continue using our SOE Authenticators.  Months later now that DCUO has started this painful process we find out that was a "terminological inexactitude" as well.  You may prefer the shortened form of "lie". 

Do you really want us to make our accounts less secure after all that SOE painfully learned from the Anonymous hack of last year? 

Did those "discussions with PSS1 over account security" that you (SOE) took great pains to stress to us had happened really take place?

The big issues that we had repeatedly raised are still there.  The smaller ones we thought you had fixed have magically come back.

Given this incredibly shoddy history (and I'm sure I've missed several other examples) why on earth should a platitude offered that you are "in communication with PSS1" give me even the smallest grain of comfort or mean anything that the player base can rely on?

Beagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #1334
DamselInDistress

Champion

Beagley wrote:

Given this incredibly shoddy history (and I'm sure I've missed several other examples) why on earth should a platitude offered that you are "in communication with PSS1" give me even the smallest grain of comfort or mean anything that the player base can rely on?

I am going to have to agree with this. I, for one, look at actions and what has been achieved, not what Piestro ( or any other red name ) says. I am afraid that the reality is very very different from what we are told on this forum or alaplaya's.

Once again, the move will just happen one day, all the information will be posted then and we will discover that SOE and PSS did whatever they wanted without any care in the world and without caring about our feedback whatsoever. It has happened before and this is how SOE operates unfortunately, the past proves that. This thread will be closed and we will get another one to vent in and post our "feedback" that no one cares about.

At that point we will have to make a choice, either accept it, once again, or put our actions where our mouth is. SOE doesn't care anymore, this is done just to see if they can milk a bit more money and just to see how far they can go with it and still keep people paying. Sorry folks, but this is the reality.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #1335
Telwyn

Loremaster

I've been following this issue since March. At the time I was *really* loving playing EQ2 and was interested in Vanguard too so I was on the verge of taking an All Access pass. Thank goodness I hesitated. In the end SoE has lost me as a potential paying customer - and as I have seen this disaster unfold there is 0% chance that I would give any of my money or my account details to Alaplaya. 

As an IT professional I find the clause about the 'remote access' for support horrifying, it's presumptive and uneccesarily intrusive to expect customers to agree to that.

I could say I hope that SoE have a get out clause on the deal based on Alaplaya failing to provide a competent service; other companies have done this - Turbine snatched DDO and LoTRO back from Codemasters after a few years of lacklustre service, same for Warhammer Online's Euro customerbase. But the damage has been done. Even if this were to be undone in the future how could I ever trust SoE not to pull the same stunt again with another company such as Gameforge (*shudder*)?

Telwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #1336
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

DamselInDistress wrote:

Beagley wrote:

I am going to have to agree with this. I, for one, look at actions and what has been achieved, not what Piestro ( or any other red name ) says. I am afraid that the reality is very very different from what we are told on this forum or alaplaya's.

Once again, the move will just happen one day, all the information will be posted then and we will discover that SOE and PSS did whatever they wanted without any care in the world and without caring about our feedback whatsoever. It has happened before and this is how SOE operates unfortunately, the past proves that. This thread will be closed and we will get another one to vent in and post our "feedback" that no one cares about.

At that point we will have to make a choice, either accept it, once again, or put our actions where our mouth is. SOE doesn't care anymore, this is done just to see if they can milk a bit more money and just to see how far they can go with it and still keep people paying. Sorry folks, but this is the reality.

I too have to agree. Nice to see that SOE have managed to make the only person who had anything positive to say about this transition join our player voice in opposition (which is now 100% unanimous SMILEY )

So far all we have got is either 'we're talking to PSS1 about it' or we are told something will change/happen and then weeks/months later it doesn't.  It is all starting to feel like an evolution of SOE Silence (TM) into SOE 'Stall_Them_Till_It_Is_Too_Late' (TM). I'm getting very weary of it indeed.  It is utterly impossible not to be 100% cynical of the whole business now.

I'm sure a redname would (if they could be bothered - they all seem far too fed up with us whining customers who won't just shut up and do what we're told) respond by hopping up and down about the big change where they listened to the players that meant "everyone could play on any server", which yes was great (but preventing that should never, ever have been considered in the first place), but gets meaninglessly (after all the months that have passed since) dragged out every time we complain that noone is listening. 

Since then, no significant concern we have raised has actually been addressed.  I think the only thing that has been properly answered is what is happening to our SC, and I wouldn't be surprised if that changed at the last minute like everything else.  Lots of 'we're listening' and 'we're in communication' but that really is it.  No 'facts' that don't change days or weeks down the line (like whether we can use authenticator for example).  Things we are told will change haven't (like the deletion clause), even though the first game has transitioned.

Not only have SOE lost the trust of their PAYING customers by making this deal and forcing us to transition to PSS1 in the first place, but also what little trust may have remained has been swiftly drained away by the mis-information, lack of answers, stalling and u-turns (not for the better - eg the authenticator).

Meanwhile even more players are jumping quite rightly like ratonga from a sinking ship.

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #1337
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

And still no words about "AllAccess/Station Pass" SMILEY

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #1338
DamselInDistress

Champion

Ragnaphore wrote:

And still no words about "AllAccess/Station Pass"

To be honest, I think this will be the last of their issues if they keep this up.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #1339
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Alaralana wrote:

Well, I see nothing has changed. Let me rephrase that - Nothing has changed for the better. But it has changed for the worst. SOE, thank you for the fun, but GW2 is calling my name. To our EU brethren out there, there are other games, run by other companies, who will listen to you, who do care about you and who know exactly who pays the bills for them, us the players. SOE could learn alot about that, if they would simply pull their heads out of the sands of silence and greed.

^^ True.  However, their achilles heel is that they don't learn.  Fiasco after fiasco, and now this catastro-fudge that has inexoribly been rolling out since January.  Literally, multiple thousands of posts by their paying customers haven't amounted to a hill of beans.  If anyone is still surprised by their behavior at this point, well..

It has all been said, re-said, pleaded, italicized and bolded.  And, predicted with the sad, humorless reality of knowledge that these three, epicly massive feedback threads (yes, this is the third) have all been placebos.  While occupying the masses, letting the peons rail against the heavens, the SOE and PSS1 deal went forward as intended from the beginning

It has been a lurching, morbid little affair watching this from the beginning. Now, as it nears its gurgling end, I oddly still find myself wondering how a business can consistently treat its playerbase like this.  But, I've been wondering this for years.  I suppose that's ultimately why I have washed my hands of this company and moved on.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #1340
Alaralana

Defender

I watched our guild go from 300 strong down to ..... 2. It started with masses leaving during their Anonymous Hack. We lost about 250 over that. Then the rest heard about this deal and bailed all except 2. Of which I was 1. I will log in occassionally to make sure guild hall rent is paid. But thats it. Sad really as this was such a beautiful game and community.
Alaralana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1341
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Alaralana wrote:

I watched our guild go from 300 strong down to ..... 2. It started with masses leaving during their Anonymous Hack. We lost about 250 over that. Then the rest heard about this deal and bailed all except 2. Of which I was 1. I will log in occassionally to make sure guild hall rent is paid. But thats it. Sad really as this was such a beautiful game and community.

It really saddens me to read this. 

It feels as if SOE genuinely just don't care if any Euros continue playing their games, and PSS1 probably don't at the moment as it seems likely that EQ2 and the others were 'junk' forced on them if they wanted PS2 and EQNext.  DCUO and EQ2 etc are almost certainly just 'guinea pigs' for them to test everything out and make all the mistakes on before the Cash Cows arrive.

There is no other MMO quite like EQ2, especially the community, but the scope of the crafting and player housing as far as I can see is unique in a game of it's type, certainly in the western market.  A shame SOE doesn't seem to value it as much as players like I do. 

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #1342
Seffrid

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

It feels as if SOE genuinely just don't care if any Euros continue playing their games

I agree, it's the only conclusion we can come to. Why else would they decline every request to talk to us in a meaningful way?

Here's a constructive suggestion for SOE, sincerely meant - pick a couple of committed players from this thread and set up a conference call with them to thrash out the problems preventing so many European players from continuing with the game over this deal, and see if ways can't be found of working out some solutions.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #1343
Tallisman

Loremaster

Am I the only one who hasn't rec'd an email yet?

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #1344
Seffrid

Loremaster

I've had a single email on one of my accounts, no follow-up as yet, and nothing on my other account.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #1345
Madgincia

Loremaster

The remote access for support is the deal breaker for us. I am simply not allowed to have any of the devices that I may use to access my work's network be accessed remotely by another company.

Out of all of the awful things that the PSS1 deal has thrown at us I have held on but I'm sorry when a game has the potential to interfere with my career then it isn't on. Especially such a dodgy company like PSS1

The end point is that SOE do NOT care one iota about the euros regardless of the platitudes they may throw at us.

Madgincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #1346
theriatis

Loremaster

"In case you request any technical support, you will first have to consent to our remote accessing and review of the computer you load the software onto for purposes of support and debugging solely." Thats a Joke, right ?You do really believe that i let ANYONE onto my PC ?No Fraggin Way.If you can't debug my Problems via asking the right questions and directing me to the right places, you should get new Tech Support Personnel.Seriously - because i do that exact Job since 15 years.Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #1347
Helanor

Loremaster

I got my email the other day, and there are one or two things I was hoping you could all help me with.  See I got so depressed by the thought of not being able to play EQ Next with people I've been friends with since the early days of SWG, that I've vrtually stopped logging in to EQ2 and checking the forums like I used to do so I havent really been keeping up much with the Probiensat disaster.

Do I have to transfer my account to still access my toons on the US servers, all mine have been on AB since the game began. Or can I leave the account where it is now and still be able to log in?

And will the being able to still play on US servers just apply to existing games still?  I really can't consider playing EQ Next without my US and Aussie friends SMILEY.  Been together over ten years in some cases.  This is what has really upset me. Every other game we've played over the years, at least we had the option of buying a US or UK game copy where there were regional servers so we could still play together.

Helene of Antonia Bayle

Ps if any old friends I've missed should read this, you can find me on the RP server Laurelin in LOTRO, look for Hazriel.

Helanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #1348
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Tallisman wrote:

Am I the only one who hasn't rec'd an email yet?

Nope nothing here. Just promo stuff for SC and for some crap called 'Bullet Run'.  I really can't be bothered to PM Brasse about it.  I know about the deal, am doing way more to spread the word than SOE anyway and besides, I am disinclined to be helpful to SOE for some reason.... 

Clearly (from what people are saying all over the place) promo stuff gets through to pretty much everyone, CS stuff much less so.  If they are different systems as Brasse suggested, then my solution is to use the one you use for promo emails for your CS emails - obviously that one works.

The remote accessing clause is utterly ridiculous. I agree with Theriatis, if the tech support people can't talk a player through getting the info/diagnose problems without needing access, then PSS1 need to hire new tech support staff.  And we have to just trust that that people we don't know will stick to the intended use of the remote access?  And I still want to know HOW they propose to achieve this remote access.  Our home network setup is designed to PREVENT anyone reaching our machines remotely, and I'm not changing anything.  Something causing a potential security risk built into the launcher?

Peace and Solidarity

(Edited for spelling)

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #1349
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Helanor wrote:

Do I have to transfer my account to still access my toons on the US servers, all mine have been on AB since the game began. Or can I leave the account where it is now and still be able to log in?

And will the being able to still play on US servers just apply to existing games still?  I really can't consider playing EQ Next without my US and Aussie friends .  Been together over ten years in some cases.  This is what has really upset me. Every other game we've played over the years, at least we had the option of buying a US or UK game copy where there were regional servers so we could still play together.

Yes, sadly you do.  Server makes no difference - everyone can play on any server, just as now.  It is all about where you live.  If you are in Europe, you will need to transition your account to PSS1 to play on any SOE server.  If you are US or elsewhere in the world, you stay with SOE and play on any server.

And unfortunately pretty much every prediction and concern about PSS1 we players have made or had over the last 7+ months has come true.

SMILEY You have to be about the only remaining Euro who is still considering playing EQNext after all this fiasco!

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #1350
Seffrid

Loremaster

Helanor raises an interesting point. We know that so far as the existing games are concerned SOE and PSS1 customers can still play on either company's servers, but have we received any assurances in that respect in relation to future games like EQNext and Planetside 2? Even if we have, could any reliance be placed on such assurances given the track record on this deal?