EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #31
arvydys

Loremaster

WeatherMan wrote:

thesiren wrote:

SOE needs to see "slots" as the important factor here and not "already-made characters."  If they're bent on slots being filled, then they need to extend the cutoff date for having characters put into those slots, and they also need to put a warning up on both the Extended and live launchers so that everyone, not just those that frequent the forums, will know this is coming.

Very much this.

It's easy to see where they made this as a business decision, but as a public relations move, it's a complete fail (and not all that swift business-wise, actually).

If they had made the announcement both on their forums and on their main sites with something like...

"Any remaining unfilled character slots that are either not in the initial recalculated slot allotment, or have not been paid for as additional slots, will be lost at the completion of SOE business hours on 11/20/2011" (date randomly selected, but IMHO, the 20th would have been entirely reasonable).

...then this gives everyone a heads-up, AND, if someone complains, gives SOE the ability to legitimately say "Hey - we announced it every way we knew how, we told you what was coming, in plain English, and gave you every opportunity and plenty of time to do something about it."

Short of e-mailing every single customer (which is not unforeseeable, as they could simply have tucked it into the AoD announcement), this would have been the best idea.  While I personally am not all that worried about the number of slots I get (provided I lose none of the characters I already have), I can easily see this blowing up in their face.

A subscription grants you the right to 7 slots (provided you didnt pay for extra slots or total access).  Anything beyond those slots was a BONUS given to you by SoE.

The 'business decision' would be to hold by the sub definition and keep it to 7.  However, they are throwing a bone to people who took advantage of their FREE slots and are granting them, 100% free of charge, the ability to keep those characters.

SoE did go above and beyond with this.  I am thrilled I am able to keep all 11 of my toons even though I could only reaosnably expect to keep 7.  I am not upset I didnt fill up some dummy slots.

Now I understand there is the *rare* occasion of someone who delete a character ahead of time to make room for a beastlord.  As I said, try petitioning.  If that doesnt work, then write up a post where you request (not demand) they take these rare occasions into consideration.

Keep this in mind:  Character storage is NOT a free commodity.  Between the bag slots, bank slots, housing slots, etc, were talking thousands of database entries.  Now 1 or 2 characters here and there doesnt make a difference.  But doubling everyones character slots (and getting nothing in return) does.

But its possible they give in to this too.  SO far they have answered every issue favorably, often at great expense to them (see the platinum DoV/AoD issue).

But the nicer they get, the more people come out of the woodwork and say waaaaah he got that but I didnt since i only play 5 characters (not saying this is you).  Every single thing SoE does to be nice ends up blowing in their face.  The issue is being spread to other people (many of whom probably dont even understand it) and causing people to be mad before SoE even has a chance to answer.

I have been playing MMOs for 11 years now and SoE is giving away more than I have ever seen given away by any other MMORPG company.

Basically

1. Understand what you actually are entitled too int he first place

2. Explore avenues that you can to do to make it a non issue (as I said, petitioning)

3. Bringing up issues here is okay, and I understand I may have reacted harshly to it originally.  there is so many people right now trying to get stuff for free that they dont deserve its tough to sort out who has a legit point and who does not.  But give SoE time to address them.

4. Be understanding.  I know they have done some crappy things in the past, but sit back and analyze everything they have done with this and realize how awesome it is.  For instance, even in the worst case scenario and you lose your slot that you deleted for your beastlord, 2 months of a recurring sub and you just got the slot unlocked for free with the bonus SC.

arvydys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #32
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

I ended up deleting several toons before learning of this I guess it looks like Petition is my only option to get them back. ??

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #33
thesiren

Loremaster

I can't petition all mine because some I deleted a couple/few months back, prepping for the BLs once I knew they were coming, and for a potential open PvP Extended server which I felt would be coming soon.

I have grandfathered 12 live character slots on my account, not 7, as I mentioned earlier, because I have had Station/now All-Access since day one of launch.  I also have 7 character slots as an automatic gold on Extended.  (I have also purchased 13 more slots on Extended but I know I keep those, although taking away some of my other slots because I deleted toons in preparation for Beastlords/a new F2P PvP server if one ever came kind of takes directly away from the slots I've purchased, being that I'd have to buy them back later to roll BLs, etc.)

I still think SOE needs to allow SLOTS to stay, not just characters, OR they need to change the date that characters can be rolled by (like why not right up until live's conversion to Extended or the week before that?), and post that info onto both services' launchers so everyone knows.  Lots on Extended chat tonight had no idea this was going on, for instance, and said they would lose slots this way, and three others just in my family alone are losing slots if we do it SOE's current way.

I suspect we'd be hearing from more people if only they knew they were going to get slots taken away soon, but they still have no idea, not reading the forums.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #34
thesiren

Loremaster

And also, by the way, SOE is going to get hammered with petitions about people losing slots if they don't re-think their stance on this.

It's going to really bog down the GMs.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #35
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

I was able to get toons returned to me and had a great GM do it SMILEY THanks again and now to wait and see how it goes from this point forward SMILEY

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #36
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

Heres the thing. I'm not asking for anything extra, i just want to make sure i can keep the slots i paid for-on live, i have 19 characters, with 8 empty slots right now. on eq2x, i have 6 characters, and one empty slot. Am i looking at only having 2 empty slots now? As i said, i dont expect anything extra, i appreciate that they say they're "giving" us slots, but i paid for 15 extra slots on live, and it sounds like, at least from what im reading, that we are only keeping the slots that we have characters in, and losing the rest-am i right, or am i just being dumb and not reading correctly? I've petitioned, but the gm i petitioned wasnt even aware we were getting any slots back, and referred me back here.

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #37
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Heres the thing. I'm not asking for anything extra, i just want to make sure i can keep the slots i paid for-on live, i have 19 characters, with 8 empty slots right now. on eq2x, i have 6 characters, and one empty slot. Am i looking at only having 2 empty slots now? As i said, i dont expect anything extra, i appreciate that they say they're "giving" us slots, but i paid for 15 extra slots on live, and it sounds like, at least from what im reading, that we are only keeping the slots that we have characters in, and losing the rest-am i right, or am i just being dumb and not reading correctly? I've petitioned, but the gm i petitioned wasnt even aware we were getting any slots back, and referred me back here.

slots you have if I"m reading this correctly 7(with game)+16(you bought) = 23

characters you have 19+6 =25 which is 2 more then the 23 slots you have availble.

25-16-7=2

looks like they are making sure you have enough to be able to use all the characters you have now. you get 7 character slots with the game you bought 16 when this goes live Freeport will be like any other North Americna server not a separate server so if they didnt' do this you would lose the use of some of your toons since 23 < 25 with this forumla you do not lose the use of them, the extra slots you get above what you paid for give you the use of all your toons. 

btw I"m in the same boat here have 4 toons there and 13 on live with at least one empty slot or maybe 2 not sure(anyone know where to look for how many slots you paid for) on live I paid for 7 or 8 extra slots. if they did not do this I may not have access to toons i actually want to play or to see about and will have to figure out how to work it so I can try the beastlord class on live.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #38
Marnus

Loremaster

Sorry, i should have clarified. I have the seven slots that come with the game, i have 5 from being grandfathered in for station access. I bought 15 slots. In total, on live right now i have 27 slots. I am only using 19 of those slots right now on live. On eq2x, i have 6 characters, so in total, between eq2 and eq2x i have 25 characters

Slots i have=7(default)+5 (station access)+15 (purchased with station cash)=27

characters i have = 19+6=25

To me, it seems like im only going to end up with 2 empty slots-whereas before they announced the conversion to ftp, i had 8 empty slots-which i paid station cash for-i guess its no big deal really, since i could just use the monthly 500 sc they'll give me to save for more slots if i need them-i only bought so many because im a hopeless altoholic lol. anyway, thanks for responding

Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #39
Alenna

Loremaster

Sorry, i should have clarified. I have the seven slots that come with the game, i have 5 from being grandfathered in for station access. I bought 15 slots. In total, on live right now i have 27 slots. I am only using 19 of those slots right now on live. On eq2x, i have 6 characters, so in total, between eq2 and eq2x i have 25 characters

To me, it seems like im only going to end up with 2 empty slots-whereas before they announced the conversion to ftp, i had 8 empty slots-which i paid station cash for-i guess its no big deal really, since i could just use the monthly 500 sc they'll give me to save for more slots if i need them-i only bought so many because im a hopeless altoholic lol. anyway, thanks for responding

hopefully they will count the station asccess as 12 so ti will then be 25-27-12(good grief this is very confusing.) 

All I know is that I will have all my slots filled and be able to have access all toons I'll worry about other things later. and yes I do understand being a helpless altoholic I'm one myself.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
thesiren

Loremaster

I'm losing quite a lot of slots too; like you, I'm grandfathered in as a Station Access since launch day with 12 slots on live, plus 7 on Extended, plus I bought 13 more on slots on Extended.  A couple/few months ago I started deleting characters in preparation for the Beastlord (on Freeport and Nagafen) plus left a bunch of slots free for any open PvP Extended server that cropped up.  My 2nd Station Account is in even worse shape than my main account:  I have 19 slots there, but after character deletions I had 8 slots free awaiting future fun stuff (so I'm currently down to 11 chars there).  So I'll only have one slot free after the live conversion to Extended-- 7 slots out the window.

Now I'm screwed and am going to be losing a bunch of slots because SOE couldn't be arsed to tell anyone ahead of time that they were drawing some arbitrary line in the sand-- "Hey, if you already have a character in the slot you can keep it, otherwise we're taking your slots away!  Pay for them again!"   

I paid $34 each I think it was to copy three toons from Unrest to Freeport.  I paid to unlock every race pack except one there, too, even though that was a bit of a shameless money grab.  Plus I paid $130 for 13 added slots on Freeport besides.  Haven't I paid enough for the priviledge of being on Freeport, especially considering Unrest was mired in 3-5 second lag for the better part of a year, which is why I fled to Freeport in the first place?  Why can't they just grandfather in all the slots we've had all this time?  Some people get them-- if they happened to be filled with characters already before 11/10/11!  Just not everybody.

But you know what?  SOE has actually wound up saving me a lot of money, because I started thinking....  My main on Freeport is a human Wizard.  I don't even have to pay to unlock her if I just drop to silver after the conversion in December!

I refuse to buy slots back for both my accounts, especially as I paid $130 for slots already (bought 13 slots on Extended on my main account).  So if I don't buy AoD for either account, I don't have to worry about buying slots on top of that just to play Beastlords!  I already bought DoV for both accounts right when it launched, like I have for every single expansion since launch, so I'll still be flagged for that.

And I will still have Frostfell, the Freeport revamp, and a whole lot of money I can spend on some other games or what have you for Christmastime.

So....Thanks, SOE!  Your shameless money grab over slots has actually saved me a lot of money in the long run.    And I won't be buying AoD for my daughter's account, either; she's losing slots, too, because she had deleted chars over the summer and freed up five slots between live and Extended (she bought some slots on Extended too), so she just told me to forget AoD for her too.

And I had previously been trying to get my parents back to EQ2 (they bailed last February to Rift, when Freeport was crashing for 3 weeks and Unrest had been a lag pit for months), but alas they are also losing slots with this conversion to Extended, so my Dad said,

"Thanks for telling me!  Now I know I'll just renew Rift instead!"  Lol.

I'm not bailing on EQ2 for good, but I'm going to ride it out without buying any new expansions, or re-buying slots I already had all over again.  And that silver is really a thought; I could just do most things on my human Wizard.  Unlockers are pretty cheap.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:20 AM   #41
Tigress

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

thesiren wrote:

SOE should allow us to roll placeholder toons in any of our unused slots until AoD hits and we roll Beastlords or whatever.

They should really reconsider drawing a line in the sand of November 10th, which had already past by the time we got the announcement about all this.  It's not an exploit to use the slots you have already been allotted.  How come we weren't given any advanced notice on this?

This isnt to grant people extra slots, this is to not screw people out of their characters.  This is SoE going above and beyond because they could have just made people pay 1000 SC to access their old characters.

I'm not asking to be granted extra slots.  I am asking to keep the ones I have always had.  Or they should have given everyone a heads-up beforehand so we could put placeholder characters in is what I'm saying.  Because, coincidentally, I deleted toons recently in preparation for Beastlords going live with AoD and such, and now I'm going to have to pay $10 a pop to unlock those slots that I've always had all this time.  

Especially in light of the fact that a new and long-awaited class is coming, I wish they had thought this whole slot thing through a lot better.

i agree with that.  i deleted a character just this week.  had i known, i would not have deleted.  i have 4 open slots on EQ2 regular and 3 on EQ2x.  i was saving them and now they will be gone.  i paid for extra character slots but they will go *poof* with this merge.  really really irks me, a lot. 

on my son's acct, i paid for only one extra character slot on EQ2x but he was saving slots on EQ2 regular.  after the merge, i lose the paid character slot and he cannot make new characters.  did i mention that i'm extremely irritated by this??

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #42
Tigress

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So, here's a question.  I've got character slots that I have purchased but not filled, as well as characters in both live and extended.  I sincerly hope that I will not lose the empty slots.

~ Cerilynn

according to the announcment, you absolutely will, IF YOU USE BOTH EQ2 and EQ2x!  the amount of loss will depend upon the amt that you did not use.  if you want to post specifics of how many character slots you have used on each service and how many ones you purchased, i'm sure someone can help you see how many you will lose.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #43
Tigress

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

thesiren wrote:

SOE should allow us to roll placeholder toons in any of our unused slots until AoD hits and we roll Beastlords or whatever.

They should really reconsider drawing a line in the sand of November 10th, which had already past by the time we got the announcement about all this.  It's not an exploit to use the slots you have already been allotted.  How come we weren't given any advanced notice on this?

This isnt to grant people extra slots, this is to not screw people out of their characters.  This is SoE going above and beyond because they could have just made people pay 1000 SC to access their old characters.

I'm not asking to be granted extra slots.  I am asking to keep the ones I have always had.  Or they should have given everyone a heads-up beforehand so we could put placeholder characters in is what I'm saying.  Because, coincidentally, I deleted toons recently in preparation for Beastlords going live with AoD and such, and now I'm going to have to pay $10 a pop to unlock those slots that I've always had all this time.  

Especially in light of the fact that a new and long-awaited class is coming, I wish they had thought this whole slot thing through a lot better.

They are going ABOVE AND BEYOND.  What else do people want for free?

I suggested what you should do, you ignored it.  If you recently deleted your toons to make room for beastlords, petition them back.  You have a very good chance of getting them if it was within the last week or two.

i disagree.  they are not going above & beyond.  i think that you dont care bc you didn't invest 8000 SC in character slots, like i did, that are now being removed.  they are covering ppl who used up the ones that they purchased and screwing over the ones who had not filled them.  maybe 8000 SC isn't a lot to you but it sure is to me!  i spent the SC and those slots should still be available to me after the merge but they wont bc i had not filled them.  they wont be refunding my SC bc I bought them several months ago.

edit:  the 8000 SC includes the one from my son's acct.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #44
Tigress

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I have the original 7 characters, plus at least 5 more character slots as I have 11 characters total and at least 1 more that I purchased for Live.  I ALSO have four characters on expanded, and one on runnyeye.  I don't want the merge to take away that empty slot.

~ Cerilynn

11 characters home server + 1 runnyeye + 4 extended = you will get 16 slots

Keep in mind we werent technically paying for thse Extended slots, they were just a bonus to the live membership.  But a lot of people did pay for transfers and used both sides, so they are making sure no one loses characters

So, you are saying that I will loose my empty paid for slot?

~ Cerilynn

(Edit to stress words without yelling.)

Technically, you gain 3 slots that you didnt pay for (since you gave no money to the eq2x service, only the live service)

I do see your point though.  

If you had all your eq2 slots filled and only 3 extended slots used you would have no valid complaints, but you do have an empty live slot YOU PAID FOR, maybe they will give that to you as well.

Out of curiosity, have you tried creating a character?  The runnyeye character does count towards your total slots so if you purchased 5 and have 11 toons on one server and 1 on another then you have all 5 paid slots filled.

you are wrong abt "paying no money for the extended service". 

(1) if someone bought silver, they spend 1000 SC. (i looked at it as a buy one slot, get one slot free.) 

(2) if someone has 7 slots available on extended, guess what they did?  PAID MORE MONEY, monthly.  (the same as the EQ2 regular ppl.)

i have slot holders in my acct, regularly.  i deleted them a month or so ago and only remade them on 11.10.2011.  the next day, they announced only characters created prior to 11.10.2011 will count.  on 11.10.2011, i deleted one level 10 character on EQ2x that was made 5 months ago and made a new character (who is not going to count).  i would have kept the level 10 had i known that it would make it so after the merge, i go from being able to make 8 new characters total down to 0 FURTHERMORE, bc i deleted on 11.10.2011, i have to pony up 1000 SC to play all my characters. 

do i feel happy?  NO!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #45
Tigress

Loremaster

IDK where is a good place to put this so that the right SOE rep may see it and reconsider not screwing over the ppl who paid for extra slots but did not use them yet.  so glad that the "two forums" thing is going away! thank you for that.

Tigress wrote:

Monk is correct, you will lose a slot.

I think it stinks.  I did the math on my acct, I will lose 7 slots.  Can you guess how many slots that I have purchased?  9 slots is what I purchased.  .  I have not used up all of the slots .  The more that I think abt this, the angrier that I get.  They need to refund my SC or give me my slots!  Frankly, I would rather have the slots.  I paid for them, just bc I did not use them does not mean that they have the right to take them away bc they are merging what they have called "SEPERATE".

On EQ2 regular:  I bought 7 slots.  I have used three.  (4 slots remain.)

On EQ2x: I bought 2 slots.  I have used -1.  (3 slots remain.)  I just deleted a character this week.  Had I not done that, I would have only my 2 purchased slots still sitting there.  Had I known, I would not have deleted.

Basically, SOE is screwing over the ppl who bought extra slots to use later.  We should not have to justify to SOE why we purchased them in advance.  It is what we chose to do and the EQ2 team should be thanking us for putting the SC in the EQ2 game early rather than punishing us by taking away our slots that we paid for!  (A free realms rep once told me that SC sitting the big SC bank doesnt help a specific game but when you spend it, the SC is allocated to the specific game.)

Did I mention that I am getting more and more angry abt this?

On my son's acct, I thought that I purchased a slot for him in EQ2x but his character create button is grey.  Assuming that is not an error, that means he will lose the 2 characters that he can currently make on EQ2 regular.  he wanted to make a beastlord.  now, i have to buy the "expansion", said loosely, and then buy him another slot?!  oh that is SO not happening!  guess what i wont be buying on his acct?  that's right, the "expansion".  there is nothing in there that would even be remotely worth it now.  it's really unfair that he will not be able to make any new characters.  just bc someone did not make a character doesnt mean that they did not have plans to do so in the future.

if they sell the slots for 100 SC in december, then i'll eat crow and buy the slot .

Signed, One EXTREMELY Unhappy Customer.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x...;topic_id=10441

Old 11-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #46
thesiren

Loremaster

Has SOE even responded to this issue again to modify their stance at all?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 AM   #47
Marnus

Loremaster

Would be nice to get a response from a "red" name, so we know for sure whats going to happen. Petitioning is useless, ive spoken to 3 different gm's, 2 of them didnt even know about the so called "extra" slots for people who played both, and the other one told me to keep checking the forums. I dont know why they cant just simply let everyone that played on both, keep the slots they paid for, and just give us the slots for whatever characters we had on eq2x. It will cost them a heck of a lot less than losing customers because of this mess-none of us asked them to merge the two games, and I'm sure that had we known beforehand that we were going to lose any empty slots we werent using that we paid for, we would have filled them up. I stand to lose 8 empty slots that i paid for, thats 80 bucks down the drain-aside from the fact that i shelled out the money for 3 character copies-i think i've more than paid for those slots. When i thought they were just going to "give" us extra slots, i thought how nice of them, they didnt have to do that-only they arent "giving" you anything if u hadnt used all your slots-they're taking them away-at least thats how it looks to meSMILEY

Old 11-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #48
Marnus

Loremaster

The only admittedly "good" thing to come of all this, is that now i'm going to have 6 90's on one account, so i'll get a 120% exp bonus for having max level characters-but with the way things are going, im sure they'll nerf that,and get rid of the max level bonus lol, would be my luck

Old 11-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #49
gourdon

Loremaster

People are getting bent out of shape because they are losing a potential gain here.  They could have had more slots if they'd had characters in them.  I know the feeling.  I have purchased one slot in EQ2, but ended up deleting a character to use for utility.  On EQ2X, I have a silver membership, but only had two characters created instead of four.  Had all of my slots been full, I would have had 12 slots.  Instead, I will have 9, which is still more than 7 plus the 1 I paid for.

It is time to get over the paper loss.  Those slots were never ours.  They could have been, but they aren't.  Someone else probably made out better than you due to pure luck.  That is life.  Deal with it.  Move on.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #50
Crismorn

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

People are getting bent out of shape because they are losing a potential gain here.  They could have had more slots if they'd had characters in them.  I know the feeling.  I have purchased one slot in EQ2, but ended up deleting a character to use for utility.  On EQ2X, I have a silver membership, but only had two characters created instead of four.  Had all of my slots been full, I would have had 12 slots.  Instead, I will have 9, which is still more than 7 plus the 1 I paid for.

It is time to get over the paper loss.  Those slots were never ours.  They could have been, but they aren't.  Someone else probably made out better than you due to pure luck.  That is life.  Deal with it.  Move on.

Reward people who left live for Freeport, great idea, its obviously our fault for sticking with live I think this is a fair punishment and we were taught a valuable lesson.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #51
Marnus

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

Paper loss? In total, i paid 150 bucks for 15 extra character slots-those slots ARE mine. when i purchased them, i was never told i might lose them if i didnt fill them. Had i not bought any slots, i certainly wouldnt expect them to give me any extra slots. and pure luck? luck has nothing to do with it-going free to play was a unilateral decision on sony's part-i had no choice. By them combining the two games, they will be taking away something that I paid for, believing, that it wouldn't be taken away from me. I pay a monthly sub, i bought the station cash, and now i'm being told i have to give up 6 slots/60 bucks, and you say i should just "get over it"? Do you work for a living? I dont know about you, but these days 60 bucks isn't just something i can throw away. I pay for a station access subscription-i kept the sa subscription so i COULD play both games-so now i am to be punished for paying more, and putting money into the marketplace for character slots? Unbelievable lol.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #52
Tigress

Loremaster

this whole issue really makes me livid.  the lack of response is even worse.  i said it on extended and i'll say it here:

i purchased slots to USE AT A LATER DATE.  no "if's", "ands", "buts" or "merges" about it.  you can sugar coat it all you want abt how i'm getting "free" slots when i'm not.  they are REMOVING the slots that I PAID FOR.  i have yet to see anybody explain to me how it is just for SOE to take my money for something and then demand it back.  when i purchase a DVD but do not open it for months, i don't hear from the company telling me "if you don't use it by this date that has, btw, already passed, the DVD will implode and no longer be usable".  that is what SOE is doing.  they are taking away what i paid for.  period.

it's none of anybody's business as to why i did not fill up the slots that i paid for.  i had every right to purchase for later date.  for those that say, "oh you didnt invest in EQ2x, you are getting the EQ2x bonus slots!"  i firmly disagree. i paid for a silver membership when the dang game was glitched and acted like i was bronze, even though i was gold.  i paid for two character slots so i could have 9 slots there.  more importantly, i invested TIME into what SOE insisted was a "seperate game".

Old 11-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #53
Alenna

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

apparently it isn't though some since they did not fill out all the slots are loosing slots they paid for not just not gaining over and above.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #54
Marnus

Loremaster

I've petitioned again and was told to keep checking the forums for an official response, as they are still looking into the matter-i don't know how they're going to fix this, but i offer a solution:Let us keep the slots we get by default on live, the slots we get from having a station access subscription, and the total slots we paid sc for, or got from lon. If we have characters we want to keep on eq2x(in my case i had 6, since i was a gold member)give us that number of slots, or at the VERY least, offer those who were playing both games a one time discount on character slots, or refund us for the number of slots those characters will be eating up. When i made characters on eq2x, there was no warning that "down the road, these characters will count towards your character total"-in fact just the opposite-it was specifically pointed out that they did NOT count toward our total on live. As far as people taking advantage of getting "extra character slots" surely you have a way of seeing who created what characters when-so people wont go opening up an extended account and demand those characters be added to the total or whatever. To ask people to just "eat" the cost of the character slots they paid for, or expect us to delete the characters we paid 25 bucks a pop to copy to extended, so they dont take up slots we paid for on live, all the while saying that if you're a paying subscriber, nothing will change, is ludicrous.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #55
gourdon

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

Paper loss? In total, i paid 150 bucks for 15 extra character slots-those slots ARE mine. when i purchased them, i was never told i might lose them if i didnt fill them. Had i not bought any slots, i certainly wouldnt expect them to give me any extra slots. and pure luck? luck has nothing to do with it-going free to play was a unilateral decision on sony's part-i had no choice. By them combining the two games, they will be taking away something that I paid for, believing, that it wouldn't be taken away from me. I pay a monthly sub, i bought the station cash, and now i'm being told i have to give up 6 slots/60 bucks, and you say i should just "get over it"? Do you work for a living? I dont know about you, but these days 60 bucks isn't just something i can throw away. I pay for a station access subscription-i kept the sa subscription so i COULD play both games-so now i am to be punished for paying more, and putting money into the marketplace for character slots? Unbelievable lol.

You will have at least 7+15=22 slots.  If you have more characters, you will get more slots for free.  You won't be losing anything you paid for, because you will have 22 slots even if you have fewer characters.  You may not get a windfall like some, but nothing is being taken from you.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #56
gourdon

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

this whole issue really makes me livid.  the lack of response is even worse.  i said it on extended and i'll say it here:

i purchased slots to USE AT A LATER DATE.  no "if's", "ands", "buts" or "merges" about it.  you can sugar coat it all you want abt how i'm getting "free" slots when i'm not.  they are REMOVING the slots that I PAID FOR.  i have yet to see anybody explain to me how it is just for SOE to take my money for something and then demand it back.  when i purchase a DVD but do not open it for months, i don't hear from the company telling me "if you don't use it by this date that has, btw, already passed, the DVD will implode and no longer be usable".  that is what SOE is doing.  they are taking away what i paid for.  period.

it's none of anybody's business as to why i did not fill up the slots that i paid for.  i had every right to purchase for later date.  for those that say, "oh you didnt invest in EQ2x, you are getting the EQ2x bonus slots!"  i firmly disagree. i paid for a silver membership when the dang game was glitched and acted like i was bronze, even though i was gold.  i paid for two character slots so i could have 9 slots there.  more importantly, i invested TIME into what SOE insisted was a "seperate game".

You will still have 7 + the number of slots you purchased.  They don't need to be filled up.  Anything beyond that would be a gift that you didn't pay for.  If you have enough characters, they are going to let you have a slot for them.  You're upset over not getting as many freebies as you could have, not for losing something you purchased.  There is a difference.

You will have fewer total slots available while subscribing to only one account.  However, were you paying for gold on EQ2X and for a Live subscription at the same time?  That is what you would have to do to get access to all of those slots.  If you subscribe to two different accounts after the transition, you will be paying the same monthly rate and will have at least as many if not more slots available to you.  Nothing is being taken from you no matter how you try to convolute it.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #57
thesiren

Loremaster

Excuse me, but those who filled all their slots are keeping all their slots.  Those of us with empty slots are losing out on them.  Explain to me how planning for the future in EQ2 (leaving slots free for AoD Beastlords in PvP and PvE, preparing for a possible new F2P PvP server, etc.) is punishable, but filling all your slots ahead of time is not.

It's unfair, and most of us have paid dearly to be on Freeport to begin with.  Besides Station Accounts, we have paid to copy live toons over, unlocked races (in itself unfair to sub payers) and bought extra character slots.

Not to mention that, besides the inequality of treatment, SOE hasn't even told the vast majority of players on Extended that this is all happening soon.  Most players never even read the forums.

Currently now, with both of my Station/All-access accounts, I have 12 live slots (grandfathered in from having the same active station account since launch day in November 2004) + 7 Extended = 19 character slots *per account* by default.

That's 38 slots, not counting the ones I have bought above and beyond that (11 more across the Extended sides of my accounts, plus 2 for the Extended side of my daughter's account which is a 3rd account).

On one station account, I have 19 total slots by default, and bought 3 more on the Extended side for 22 total.  I have 12 default slots on live ( 7 filled, 5 empty) and 10 slots total on Extended (4 filled and 6 empty slots).

So I have 11 characters total. 11 - 3 slots I bought = 8 Then subtract the standard 7 gold for Extended which leaves me with only one slot extra over my live base of 12 slots.  This means I will be down to 13 slots total compared to the 22 slots I have now on that one Station/All Access Account whose price is NOT changing.

I also have another Station account I'm losing five slots on.  12 default live slots, 11 used, and 1 empty.  On the Extended side of this account I have 15 slots (I bought 8 and have 7 by default) with 14 chars and one free slot.

I currently have 27 slots on this second Station/All-Access account of mine.

25 characters - 8 slots I purchased = 17 - 7 auto gold = 10 extra slots, added to my base of 12.   I will be down 5 slots to 22 slots where I used to have 27 on this account.

Plus my daughter has:

12 live slots  (4 empty)  plus 2 empty slots on Extended (I actually bought her two Extended slots, too) so she is losing a bunch of slots too!

I'm so glad you wouldn't care if that was you, and I'm so glad you think it's perfectly fine that if I had filled my slots with placeholder toons awaing AoD etc. instead I'd still have 49 slots across both station accounts instead of the 35 I am now going to have.  (Not to mention my daughter is losing a bunch on her account too.)

In practically every other MMO out there, you can fill up as many servers as you want with characters.  Those other devs can see that players get more invested in the game that way when they play PvP, PvE, RP servers etc.

Here, not only is it like pulling teeth to get any slots, but now they're taking them away without any prior warning or notice, and many of us have paid good money to reach the total slots we have now to boot!

You'd think SOE would be a little more concerned with their public image, what they've got for competition including TOR's launch, and would also be considering all the increased load of petitions that this whole thing is going to cause amongst all the current Freeport/live players once December comes who still don't yet even know about it yet.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #58
gourdon

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

Excuse me, but those who filled all their slots are keeping all their slots.  Those of us with empty slots are losing out on them.  Explain to me how planning for the future in EQ2 (leaving slots free for AoD Beastlords in PvP and PvE, preparing for a possible new F2P PvP server, etc.) is punishable, but filling all your slots ahead of time is not.

It's unfair, and most of us have paid dearly to be on Freeport to begin with.  Besides Station Accounts, we have paid to copy live toons over, unlocked races (in itself unfair to sub payers) and bought extra character slots.

Not to mention that, besides the inequality of treatment, SOE hasn't even told the vast majority of players on Extended that this is all happening soon.  Most players never even read the forums.

Currently now, with both of my Station/All-access accounts, I have 12 live slots (grandfathered in from having the same active station account since launch day in November 2004) + 7 Extended = 19 character slots *per account* by default.

That's 38 slots, not counting the ones I have bought above and beyond that (11 more across the Extended sides of my accounts, plus 2 for the Extended side of my daughter's account which is a 3rd account).

On one station account, I have 19 total slots by default, and bought 3 more on the Extended side for 22 total.  I have 12 default slots on live ( 7 filled, 5 empty) and 10 slots total on Extended (4 filled and 6 empty slots).

So I have 11 characters total. 11 - 3 slots I bought = 8 Then subtract the standard 7 gold for Extended which leaves me with only one slot extra over my live base of 12 slots.  This means I will be down to 13 slots total compared to the 22 slots I have now on that one Station/All Access Account whose price is NOT changing.

I also have another Station account I'm losing five slots on.  12 default live slots, 11 used, and 1 empty.  On the Extended side of this account I have 15 slots (I bought 8 and have 7 by default) with 14 chars and one free slot.

25 characters - 8 slots I purchased = 17 - 7 auto gold = 10 extra slots, added to my base of 12.   I will be down 5 slots to 22 slots where I used to have 27 on this account.

Plus my daughter has:

12 live slots  (4 empty)  plus 2 empty slots on Extended (I actually bought her two Extended slots, too) so she is losing a bunch of slots too!

I'm so glad you wouldn't care if that was you, and I'm so glad you think it's perfectly fine that if I had filled my slots with placeholder toons awaing AoD etc. instead I'd still have 49 slots across both station accounts instead of the 35 I am now going to have.  (Not to mention my daughter is losing a bunch on her account too.)

In practically every other MMO out there, you can fill up as many servers as you want with characters.  Those other devs can see that players get more invested in the game that way when they play PvP, PvE, RP servers etc.

Here, not only is it like pulling teeth to get any slots, but now they're taking them away without any prior warning or notice, and many of us have paid good money to reach the total slots we have now to boot!

You'd think SOE would be a little more concerned with their public image, what they've got for competition including TOR's launch, and would also be considering all the increased load of petitions that this whole thing is going to cause amongst all the current Freeport/live players once December comes who still don't yet even know about it yet.

You can drop down to a regular account and will still have a ridiculous number of slots for free, and yet you still complain.  It looks like the All Access free lunch is over.  In fact, I will be offended if you get all of the slots you want and think I should get at least 5 free slots (and additional 2 over the three I'm "losing") as compensation for how ridiculous your freebies will be.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #59
WeatherMan

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

thesiren wrote:

Plus my daughter has:

You can drop down to a regular account and will still have a ridiculous number of slots for free, and yet you still complain.  It looks like the All Access free lunch is over.  In fact, I will be offended if you get all of the slots you want and think I should get at least 5 free slots (and additional 2 over the three I'm "losing") as compensation for how ridiculous your freebies will be.

If you paid money for those five slots, you should indeed get them.  And that is all Siren is talking about, the slots she expended money for.  If SOE does not plan on letting her use the slots she paid for, they should refund her purchase price immediately, and then use their calculations to figure out how many slots she receives.  Then she can go back and re-purchase the slots with the refunded Station Cash.  Sounds good, no?

SOE's current calculations are based on an arbitrary number that does not factor in empty slots that one paid for UNLESS they had a character in them on the tenth of November, and at a normal store selling everyday products, that would be deemed illegal.

- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #60
Cecie
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Shoo Ponies

Loremaster

I'm really hoping SmokeJumper just misspoke when he laid out the math for this decision. Adding up all your characters, then subtracting the number of slots you purchased (along with the allowed 7), just doesn't make sense.

I could see if you added up your characters then added your purchased slots, before subtracting the allowed number.

For instance, I have 8 chars on live, plus 2 on eq2x. I purchased 2 slots (one is empty). In his math, I'd have 10 - 2 - 7= 1. So I'd get one slot. Even if that one slot was in addition to the ones I've already bought (so three total), they'll still be all filled by characters, when I was saving one for a beastlord. So I need to purchase another slot or delete a character.

Why they can't just give us all our assigned (either filled or empty) slots from the two games is beyond me. They've already set the cutoff date to be before the announcement, so it's not like anybody is going to exploit it.

Please, SOE, we're fumbling around in the darkness here. Somebody give us a reply already.

Cecie is offline   Reply With Quote