EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #151
PeaSy1

Loremaster

this actually looks pretty good with damage output being reduced its gonna make fights longer and against healers but with those reduced healing debuffs the longer a fight goes the less effective a healer will be.
PeaSy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #152
Siphar

Loremaster

From my observation on Live, fighters do way too much damage in both open and BG.

There should be a penalty for having superior defence.. right now, fighters like sk/pally can burst DPS almost anyone down, which IMO is not right.

From what I have read, they aren't changing melee dps, perhaps a the fighter damage (non-bralwer) should be lowered and tested also, as well as reduced heals from healers to compensate for the lower overall dps from spells .. (and this proposed melee reduction)

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #153
baldwinboy3

Loremaster

I agree tanks should not out dps anyone but maybe healers at times. Tank is for takeing hits so others dont have to.

baldwinboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #154
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

I noticed that I should have posted the full out-going damage for the assassin vs Dev:

With long-recast assassinate averaging the same as fast-recast wizzie IC and Fusion, it might be why boosted auto-attack makes up the majority of assassin dps.

Too bad not many other classes were able to log in to parse out performance in equal settings!

I had no poisons there,and no clue how to play the class. I used the assassin purely to check their auto attack and the damage of shadow step,which when combined with temps+ that 40% crit bonus temp that drops stealth requirement,is alot of damage in a few seconds.

Yup, it is key to bear in mind that I mentioned near the beginning we had no adornments, myth buffs, etc - which means we had none of the wide variety of various consumables/add-ons that give access to dps/power/utility options.

Both the wizard and assassin were operating on a solid basic level which was roughly equal given the circumstances of neither one using a lot of enhancers and temps while being geared up the same in BeeGee armor, charms and weapon for each class.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #155
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bah! I can see my Swishax on Test Copy on the character select screen but thats where EQ2 locks up on me. Tried 5 times. If anyone has any advice let me know.

The only time I ran into a similar-type lock-up like that was when I played full-screen mode and the firewall asked for permission to let Test out, which locks up the game until you choose.  My firewall treated the Test client as a separate program so it needed me to set permissions.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #156
Killque

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ok..EB on a max toughness troub(time travelling) did around 800 per tick on a non crit..and around 1k-1.3k on a crit..I can live with that I guess..but all of my other spells are hitting for FAR too little damage. As in,my biggest single target spell barely does 1k. If this goes live like it is,Summoners and enchanters are going to be absolutely useless in PVP.

Also,I believe timetravelling said that melee damage wasn't going to be reduced..basically,this is just going to result in turning the tables,from sorcerors killing everyone,while the other mage's pump out decent damage but still die,to Meleers completely destroying Enchanters and summoners,and the sorcerors atleast standing half a chance.

Killque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #157
Killque

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ok..EB on a max toughness troub(time travelling) did around 800 per tick on a non crit..and around 1k-1.3k on a crit..I can live with that I guess..but all of my other spells are hitting for FAR too little damage. As in,my biggest single target spell barely does 1k. If this goes live like it is,Summoners and enchanters are going to be absolutely useless in PVP.

Also,I believe timetravelling said that melee damage wasn't going to be reduced..basically,this is just going to result in turning the tables,from sorcerors killing everyone,while the other mage's pump out decent damage but still die,to Meleers completely destroying Enchanters and summoners,and the sorcerors atleast standing half a chance.

Oh how quickly you forget just how fast you can get your spells off. Add in Procs, I think you will do just fine like the rest of us. Well, except SKs that is...

Killque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #158
Neskonlith

Loremaster

When you look at the mit and avoidance of the wizzie vs conjy:

The wizard has a lot of AA options to enhance survival:

These AAs actually put out 5254mit and 49.1% avoidance, but it was easier to reuse the earlier stat pic with slightly diff AA for comparison's sake...

In most of the wizard vs conjy fights, the wizard was tough - notably, there was a Qeynos summoner who could not out-dps manashield+passive, and I outlasted him+a lvl80 ranger taking potshots until his power ran out... it felt a lil crazy all things considered.

I wish we had more time to follow up on stuff like that.

Too bad we couldn't get more players to join in and help parse various combos!

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #159
Neskonlith

Loremaster

In my testing, I focused on IC and Fusion as they are most familiar to everyone:

I love how quickly these heavy hitters come up for mashing! 

Despite all these killer abilities, I often overlooked a nice new ability that really kicks it up a notch:

...this one will likely get their attention!

No wonder there are so many sorcs on the rise... lol

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #160
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bah! I can see my Swishax on Test Copy on the character select screen but thats where EQ2 locks up on me. Tried 5 times. If anyone has any advice let me know.

The only time I ran into a similar-type lock-up like that was when I played full-screen mode and the firewall asked for permission to let Test out, which locks up the game until you choose.  My firewall treated the Test client as a separate program so it needed me to set permissions.

Sadly that is not the issue I am having. It keeps locking up on me but I keep trying. Some would call this insane.

EDIT: Thank you for your response tho.

KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #161
JimmyC01

Loremaster

skylancer wrote:

Whothe hell cares about "testing" fixes. it hs been almost 2 months and you know whats wrong, for god's sake put changes live and tweak it if you dont like it.

Its absolutely ridiculous and incompetent on SOE's part to let this continue with caster's still ONE-SHOTTING entire groups in BG's.

It'll take you what 5 minutes to AT LEAST code STA as main resist stat.

JUST DO IT LIVE YESTERDAY!!!!

enough of you knees bent running around advancing type behaviour

DO SOMETHING! POST HERE!

Please tell me which spell one shots entire groups...I'd like to get that spell!

JimmyC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #162
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

JimmyC01 wrote:

skylancer wrote:

Whothe hell cares about "testing" fixes. it hs been almost 2 months and you know whats wrong, for god's sake put changes live and tweak it if you dont like it.

Its absolutely ridiculous and incompetent on SOE's part to let this continue with caster's still ONE-SHOTTING entire groups in BG's.

DO SOMETHING! POST HERE!

Please tell me which spell one shots entire groups...I'd like to get that spell!

It's being done all the freaking time.. 

Maybe we will actually see happen, what should be is casters running around WITH groups.   The whole concept is completly skewed..  Do you not see the problem with that??!?!?!    Why the heck should that ever happen?  a solo caster attacking a group should be a suicide mission.. currently it is not at all.... it's very doable.. feigning ignorance is not helping to fix anything.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #163
Barzzboi
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lost Coast Privateers

Loremaster

JimmyC01 wrote:

skylancer wrote:

DO SOMETHING! POST HERE!

Blast of Devastation is the spell...new SF endline...

Barzzboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #164
Babayaaga

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

timetravelling wrote:

However, spell resistances and high STA should be contributing to survival as expected instead of at a greatly reduced effectiveness.

Don't you mean WIS or am I missing something?

You are missing that they changed it to STA for PVP as it is a stat everyone has where as WIS is not.. esspecially after the change to stats

Whoa really?

Why would they use different rulesets, rather than make them universal? That's bizarre...

Inaera (90 Berserker)

Porta (87 Monk)

Noir (90 Templar)

Babs (81 Illusionist)

Piia (90 Mystic)
Babayaaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #165
JimmyC01

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

JimmyC01 wrote:

skylancer wrote:

DO SOMETHING! POST HERE!

That spell doesn't trigger until you have infected someone...so you would have already been engaged with the group. So I wouldn't exactly call that a one shot. Plus I can never recall it killing everyone in the group.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #166
JimmyC01

Loremaster

bluedego wrote:

JimmyC01 wrote:

skylancer wrote:

DO SOMETHING! POST HERE!

It's being done all the freaking time.. 

Maybe we will actually see happen, what should be is casters running around WITH groups.   The whole concept is completly skewed..  Do you not see the problem with that??!?!?!    Why the heck should that ever happen?  a solo caster attacking a group should be a suicide mission.. currently it is not at all.... it's very doable.. feigning ignorance is not helping to fix anything.

No it's not happening all the time or I would be seeing it. Is this happening in 80-89 BG's or is this happening in the 90's BG's. I haven't seen it once. I would agree that spell resists are out of whack, but so are scouts [Removed for Content] people in a matter of seconds. That has been out of whack for as long as I've played. I can remember scouts dropping out of the sky and [Removed for Content] entire groups. Isn't that a suicide mission as well. They never cared because it was a update for them.

If SOE hadn't changed the formulas that control PvP damage to begin with to suit the BG's we wouldn't be talking about this to begin with. My fear is that they will try to fix this and take it too far. Creating another problem of balance somewhere else. Guess we'll see.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #167
Olihin

Developer

I would like to thank those that went to Test-Copy and assisted Timetravelling with his data research.  

We will be making some adjustments based on the results.

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #168
Neskonlith

Loremaster

JimmyC01 wrote:

That spell doesn't trigger until you have infected someone...so you would have already been engaged with the group. So I wouldn't exactly call that a one shot. Plus I can never recall it killing everyone in the group.

Triggered after infecting someone?  I'm not sure we're all thinking of the same spell here...

- Apocalypse Gnome
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #169
JimmyC01

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

JimmyC01 wrote:

Triggered after infecting someone?  I'm not sure we're all thinking of the same spell here...

Well that spell couldn't kill anyone if it tried...the one i'm talking about has to do with infecting someone first then you can use the spell.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #170
Froed20

General

JimmyC01 wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

JimmyC01 wrote:

Well that spell couldn't kill anyone if it tried...the one i'm talking about has to do with infecting someone first then you can use the spell.

I believe the one you're talking about is Dark Aggravation, which triggers the infection.  That one is a Warlock endline sf spell.  Thing about that spell is that it has a fairly unpredictable proc rate, and even when it does proc the initial target has to survive the first hit in order for the group AE to trigger..  Not sure how much of a group killer that one is to be honest.

Froed20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #171
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Killque wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Oh how quickly you forget just how fast you can get your spells off. Add in Procs, I think you will do just fine like the rest of us. Well, except SKs that is...

I don't think you understand how significantly my damage was reduced. My single target big hitter doesn't hit for more than 1k 90% of the time,and thats in full PVP gear with 50% potency and 40% crit bonus.'Casting faster' which IMO,we don't cast all that much faster..I have 3 spells on about a one second cast timer,one of them being my big single target,the other two do 500 damage or less. Don't even get me started on my pet..My two AA nukes that I got for him don't hit ovver 1k,where they were doing 2-4k. The rest of his spells,on a non crit which is 80% of his spells,hit for under 500,most of them being closer to 200.

With my damage being reduced that much,summoners aren't going to stand a chance against people that actually know how to play their class.

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #172
YummiOger

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

I would like to thank those that went to Test-Copy and assisted Timetravelling with his data research.  

We will be making some adjustments based on the results.

Olihin

I would like to thank Time and yourself for personally going thru this problem.

Smashin' noobs sense 2004, Yaahh Yuuhh!!
YummiOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #173
Siphar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Killque wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't think you understand how significantly my damage was reduced. My single target big hitter doesn't hit for more than 1k 90% of the time,and thats in full PVP gear with 50% potency and 40% crit bonus.'Casting faster' which IMO,we don't cast all that much faster..I have 3 spells on about a one second cast timer,one of them being my big single target,the other two do 500 damage or less. Don't even get me started on my pet..My two AA nukes that I got for him don't hit ovver 1k,where they were doing 2-4k. The rest of his spells,on a non crit which is 80% of his spells,hit for under 500,most of them being closer to 200.

With my damage being reduced that much,summoners aren't going to stand a chance against people that actually know how to play their class.

you'll be a chanter then SMILEY

Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #174
Stuckx

Loremaster

Siphar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Killque wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

you'll be a chanter then

No..summoners and chanters alike will be free writ updates.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #175
Siphar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Siphar wrote:

No..summoners and chanters alike will be free writ updates.

Welcome SMILEY /open-arms

Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #176
ailen

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

JimmyC01 wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

JimmyC01 wrote:

I believe the one you're talking about is Dark Aggravation, which triggers the infection.  That one is a Warlock endline sf spell.  Thing about that spell is that it has a fairly unpredictable proc rate, and even when it does proc the initial target has to survive the first hit in order for the group AE to trigger..  Not sure how much of a group killer that one is to be honest.

Not to weigh in on this anymore than it already has but I thought I'd express this.

I've had a warlock cast a spell on me that landed for 900 dmg.  Dark Aggravation then proc'd for 16K.  If it can throw tat kind of dmg out, it sure better be unpredictable for a proc.  that's insane.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #177
Brynhild

Loremaster

So what is going on with this? Obviously it hasn't made it to the live servers yet, and we have been waiting a LONG time.

Brynhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #178
Stuckx

Loremaster

Brynhild wrote:

So what is going on with this? Obviously it hasn't made it to the live servers yet, and we have been waiting a LONG time.

I can only assume they're adjusting some things based on what the few of us who showed up the other day contributed.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #179
Thorikos

Loremaster

Brynhild wrote:

Thorikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #180
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

When you look at the mit and avoidance of the wizzie vs conjy:

The wizard has a lot of AA options to enhance survival:

These AAs actually put out 5254mit and 49.1% avoidance, but it was easier to reuse the earlier stat pic with slightly diff AA for comparison's sake...

In most of the wizard vs conjy fights, the wizard was tough - notably, there was a Qeynos summoner who could not out-dps manashield+passive, and I outlasted him+a lvl80 ranger taking potshots until his power ran out... it felt a lil crazy all things considered.

I wish we had more time to follow up on stuff like that.

Too bad we couldn't get more players to join in and help parse various combos!

Is there a lot of interest in another day of Testing, perhaps even tomorrow, April 14? 

Since spell resist changes have not been introduced to Live, there is still time to gather parses... all that is required is various players willing to be Training Dummies so ACT can work the magic!

- Apocalypse Gnome