EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #61
dawy

Loremaster

Elorah wrote:

dawy wrote:

Eveningsong wrote:

Rench wrote:

Is the chest always there? I did the gnome quest then killed the boss, but I see no chest yet. Unless I missed it but I thought I checked basically entire hedge again.

You won't get a chest until you've done the FP/Q HH and the LP HH at least once, done the hedge all the way through once, then go in a second time and do the gnome quest before killing the final named a 2nd time and looting the lockpicks.  Then you should have a chest in the hidden alcove to loot.

Note that if you happen to run past the Hidden Tree in Nek forest where the Headless Horseman spawns, you'll spawn him and LOSE the neck piece lol.  And probably die horribly... (at least I did, lol).  So be sure to take a different route back to Somborn if you want to be able to grab the fog/noise makers .

I've the HH and somborn and gone through the maze 3 times now but i still cant get the chest to spawn the lockpicks drop but dont appear in my inventory (though not sure if they do or not?) getting to be a little tiresome trying to get the fog machine,its a shame too as it looks cool.

Have you done the Gnome quest within the Maze?  The chest wont spawn until you turn in that quest to him (literally...  I checked it before I turned it in and it was not there....  after I turned it in, it was there )

Yup done the gnome quest as well,lol still no luck with the darned thing

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #62
Eveningsong

Tester

Are you looking in the right place for the chest?  It doesn't spawn in the middle where you killed the werewolf, you need to back track through the maze.  The spot is approx. 970.01, 8.19, -579.01 - see here for a map showing the location http://maps.eq2interface.com/poi.ph...w&id=44239.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #63
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

And once again the greed of others ruins the fun for everyone else.

I don't know about other servers, but on Unrest the puzzle box is on a lockdown.

I've gone back to LP several times to try and gather it once.  Each time there's been one or several sitting right on the spawn point in such a way to prevent others from coming in and taking the spawn.

I've been polite, asked in tells and in say if I could have just one of the spawns.  Responses are the same: no answer, just adjustment of where their mount is standing so there's no chance of getting the item at all.

After hours of trying, I finally was able to get a fog and a screech box.  This final time of checking, there was one person sitting right on top of the spawn point.  I again asked if they were there for the box, in say and tell.  They rotated towards me, adjusted their mount so that there was little chance of my taking the spawn.  I saw the box appear, didn't move on it, saw it disappear.  I again asked if I could please have the next spawn.  My jaw hit the floor when I was given one fog and one screech box, and they didn't want any of the coin I offered to give them for it.

One polite player out of the several dozen greedy ones.

Okay sure, the puzzle box is like any other node.  It's contested.  First come, first serve, fastest gets it, etc.  But this is getting out of hand.

I really hate to ask this, but could something be done about this?  Maybe how it's harvested...made lore so only one per person...or put more spawnings of the box around Somborn so that it's possible to get it at least once?  Or put the spawn inside the maze or the haunted houses, maybe with several fogs and screech boxes when gathered?

I don't ask this to ruin the fun for everyone in game.  But it's the actions of quite a few right now that's ruining the fun for others.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #64
Gortha

General

I never do any of these events when they first come out - I always wait till near the end when its deserted....

Gortha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #65
Catacl

General

fyi....this item is not like a harvest node. As long as you can get your cursor on it...noone can keep you from getting the items. i've had upwards of 10 ppl camping it on oasis and still got 4 of each item from a single pop

just position yourself so you can see it....and everyone can get there fill of foggies. I personally harvested HUNDREDS of these things and gave them out as door prizes to folk that came and attended our guild's annual haunted maze.

Catacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #66
Eveningsong

Tester

Yep, they are like the harvested furniture in the instances.  As many people can click as can crowd around the table.  If you click fast, you can manage to get in up to 4 clicks as well, getting a set every time SMILEY

It is certainly too bad that people are being such jerks about crowding others out, but if you have a shrink item or put yourself into first person and play with camera angles, you should be able to get your cursor on the cube when it appears.   Crawl under the table and click between their mount legs if you have to!  Just be sure to turn up your particle size and distance and you should be able to stand back and still see the cube.  And you know, if they continue to be rude etc... petition them SMILEY.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #67
denmom

Loremaster

Even with a shrink item, it's hard to get in there when there are others also under the table. SMILEY

I finally do have mine, thanks to the first friendly player in that mess last night.  And am happy with just one of each.

I'm just considering others who want the items as well and are being crowded out.  I've seen well over several dozen players come in, stop, look at the crowd, and then leave.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #68
RottenApple82

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't know about other servers, but on Unrest the puzzle box is on a lockdown.

I've gone back to LP several times to try and gather it once.  Each time there's been one or several sitting right on the spawn point in such a way to prevent others from coming in and taking the spawn.

I've been polite, asked in tells and in say if I could have just one of the spawns.  Responses are the same: no answer, just adjustment of where their mount is standing so there's no chance of getting the item at all.

After hours of trying, I finally was able to get a fog and a screech box.  This final time of checking, there was one person sitting right on top of the spawn point.  I again asked if they were there for the box, in say and tell.  They rotated towards me, adjusted their mount so that there was little chance of my taking the spawn.  I saw the box appear, didn't move on it, saw it disappear.  I again asked if I could please have the next spawn.  My jaw hit the floor when I was given one fog and one screech box, and they didn't want any of the coin I offered to give them for it.

Okay sure, the puzzle box is like any other node.  It's contested.  First come, first serve, fastest gets it, etc.  But this is getting out of hand.

I really hate to ask this, but could something be done about this?  Maybe how it's harvested...made lore so only one per person...or put more spawnings of the box around Somborn so that it's possible to get it at least once?  Or put the spawn inside the maze or the haunted houses, maybe with several fogs and screech boxes when gathered?

I don't ask this to ruin the fun for everyone in game.  But it's the actions of quite a few right now that's ruining the fun for others.

Maybe you didn't read the thread...but I posted this item can be clicked by multiple people at the same time.

Without a count down...just click...infact you can keep clicking and get 3 to 4 pick ups in 1 go...EVERYONE around the box can...at the same time.

RottenApple82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #69
denmom

Loremaster

RottenApple82 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Maybe you didn't read the thread...but I posted this item can be clicked by multiple people at the same time.

Without a count down...just click...infact you can keep clicking and get 3 to 4 pick ups in 1 go...EVERYONE around the box can...at the same time.

I did read the thread.

Please note: I said that people are crowding the area.  A small herd of rhinos, flaming horse hooves, flaming rhino hooves, warg drool, those without mounts, short and tall races with shrinking and enlarging effects....all crowding around where it spawns.  When it was just one person, they were sitting right literally on top of the spawn in such a way where the box wasn't visible due to being hidden under the foot of their mount.  One such player was a necro who parked his pet right on top of it.

I never saw the item during those other times I checked, so many were there.  I had a shrink item, used it, still couldn't get in to see.  I adjusted my angle to view from the top down, stood on the table.  A large ogre on a huge rhino (he had the size buff on) rotated towards them, then he and another ogre adjusted so that they were in front of me and my angle was also blocked.

Even in the wee hours, 5 am or so, there was one person parked on top of the spawn as described.  I just lucked out this morning that the person was generous to share out of their hoard.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #70
Jrral

Loremaster

RottenApple82 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

And it was noted that they're parking themselves so as to block others from being able to click on the item at all. I've seen that happen too, the person parked on top of it will move themselves or their mount to put their geometry between anyone else and the item. It's the same thing as someone parking their mount so an NPC is inside their horse/warg/rhino, preventing anyone from interacting with the NPC until the obstruction moves.

NB: I make a habit of petitioning that kind of behavior as "disruptive gameplay" and/or "monopolizing content". Sitting there waiting and may the fastest click win is one thing, deliberately moving to obstruct access so the other guy can't click is something else entirely. (My other policy is that once I've gotten one of the item, I yield my place to someone else. If I want more than one, I'll get back in line and wait my turn again.)

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:35 AM   #71
Cecie
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Shoo Ponies

Loremaster

RE: Camped spawn

Not a soul near the spawn point on Kithicor. And the greedy bastages are still asking over a plat for the Fog blanket on the broker. Hmph. Must be the low population.

Cecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #72
Sedenten

Loremaster

I know that multiple people can gather this spawn at once, but it's still annoying to see people standing there and harvesting it every 5 minutes simply to toss it on broker.  I know there is going to be intentions to hoard up a ton of these and sell them after the holiday events are over for an enormous price.

What I'd rather have happen before it gets to that point is the two harvested items made HEIRLOOM (thus not tradeable).  That would not only cut down on people farming them purely for profit, but make it so people run through the events on at least one character so they can see and harvest it.  I'm fine with the idea that people want a bunch of them to shroud all floors of all their characters in fog but not so much with people hoarding them to make a quick plat.

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #73
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Even in the wee hours, 5 am or so, there was one person parked on top of the spawn as described.  I just lucked out this morning that the person was generous to share out of their hoard.

I have had a totally different experiance on unrest SMILEY

I sat there with a few people chatting while we all waited for the spawn. Even after telling them it was not a locked node they still were like "oh you first".I do wonder if the items can be targeted using a /target_nearest_npc .

Last I checked there was one person with over 60 of them on the broker for 1p each. I am sure that number is much higher now.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #74
Alvane
Guild: Old Timer Guild

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Nah - u must be hitting rush hour! LOL I'm also on unrest and haven't had a bit of trouble getting the fog/screech box. And no, I don't camp it. Sheez... a 5 min repawn time for 3 of those foggies at a time?

I usually go for one when I do the HM trip to collect vampire teeth. I'll run over and pick up 3 of the machines, then run HM, then go back and get 3 more fog/screech boxes for our guild hall and for my own characters' abodes. I was the 2nd or third person to discover the box on our server..... 3 of us were looking at the same time before the spoilers hit these forums.

Only once did I ever run into a bunch of folks waiting for it to respawn. I just left and came back after doing HM and no one was around. I run it like 4x daily and all sorts of hours ever since friday, the 16th!

So, sorry to say, I disagree with you - the fog/screech box is not on lockdown on Unrest.

Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #75
Te'ana

Tester

I am on The Bazaar and have not had a problem with getting the fog machines and screech boxes.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #76
Alvane

Loremaster

Pheep - just sent you 6 of fog/screech machines..... np getting them on unrest and it's around lunch time central time... if you need more, let me know... no one is camping the fog machines on unrest.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #77
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

Pheep - just sent you 6 of fog/screech machines..... np getting them on unrest and it's around lunch time central time... if you need more, let me know... no one is camping the fog machines on unrest.

That was very nice of you!

/hands Eldra one of Kiara's cookies....

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #78
denmom

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pardon me while I try to find my jaw from under the desk where it bounced when it dropped.

Thank you very much!

I honestly don't know about what was happening when I tried to get them before.  It may have been just the weekend rush and I just got unlucky.

I was only wanting one of each, and was happy with what I was given the other morning...but I'm just floored.

I'll share them with my guildees who want them as well.

Thank you so much for your kind generosity! /bows

Old 10-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #79
denmom

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I have had a totally different experiance on unrest

I sat there with a few people chatting while we all waited for the spawn. Even after telling them it was not a locked node they still were like "oh you first".I do wonder if the items can be targeted using a /target_nearest_npc .

Last I checked there was one person with over 60 of them on the broker for 1p each. I am sure that number is much higher now.

Odd, they must have bought low to sell high.

Last night, about 8 pm or so, I was telling my guild in vent about what happened and the gifting of the items.  One of them checked the broker and found someone selling a very large amount of the boxes and fog or silver and golds a piece.  It was as tho they had harvested a lot of them and placed them on broker at an available price.

Figures someone would take that generosity and turn it into greed.  SMILEY

Old 10-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #80
Jesdyr

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Figures someone would take that generosity and turn it into greed. 

Nah .. that could have been after I had looked since last I checked was earlier in the day yesterday. But, I would not put it past someone to do this. The chance at making some plat on this is fairly good if you can wait a few months. However since they are easy to farm, it is also likely that the initial investment would be very high.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #81
denmom

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Figures someone would take that generosity and turn it into greed. 

Nah .. that could have been after I had looked since last I checked was earlier in the day yesterday. But, I would not put it past someone to do this. The chance at making some plat on this is fairly good if you can wait a few months. However since they are easy to farm, it is also likely that the initial investment would be very high.

Ah, yah.  My guildee checked around 8 pm or a little after and saw them for that price.

Meh, I have other ways of making my coin. SMILEY

Old 10-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #82
Elorah

Loremaster

Last I saw on my server, there were only a few and they were for 4pp+ each!

I think that it is still a little known secret by housing fanatics on my server SMILEY

Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #83
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

I made a slight change to the blankets of fog with this next hotfix to address the ability to move them once placed. Sorry it doesn't change placing it but hopefully should make them easier to move around once placed.

What I did is I added a new item on the cube in Loping plains which is a new house item that you can place in your house. You can right click this item to turn the fog off and on. When the fog is turned off all blankets of fog will turn into glowing squares where they can be clicked to move. Hopefully this makes things a bit easier SMILEY

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #84
Alvane

Loremaster

ooooooo I luv it! Radiation fog... lolin

Old 10-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #85
Jesdyr

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

I made a slight change to the blankets of fog with this next hotfix to address the ability to move them once placed. Sorry it doesn't change placing it but hopefully should make them easier to move around once placed.

What I did is I added a new item on the cube in Loping plains which is a new house item that you can place in your house. You can right click this item to turn the fog off and on. When the fog is turned off all blankets of fog will turn into glowing squares where they can be clicked to move. Hopefully this makes things a bit easier

that is kinda cool ...

Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #86
Mystfit

Loremaster

JUst to prove I can never be satisfied..can you make the dead frostfell trees (and the real ones come Christmas) hold their setting even if the instance closes down. My bats keep gonig away...!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #87
Verrie77

Loremaster

Is it just me, or are some fogs bigger than others ? I havnt been able to resize them yet...have you ?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #88
Galldora

Loremaster

Mystfit wrote:

JUst to prove I can never be satisfied..can you make the dead frostfell trees (and the real ones come Christmas) hold their setting even if the instance closes down. My bats keep gonig away...!!!

Well, if they did that, it sure would ruin my grotto!

Funny, when we first got these trees, I thought the same thing...but I don't want them to have lights and eyeballs and bats all year long.  They are very useful trees for a lot of different scenarios.  

Edited to say:  This always seems to be the case in any of the situations where some effect can be set to be either on all the time or off all the time -- either way they set them, they'll never please everyone.  It would be great if these items could be made like the Charasis platforms, where they can either be set to be illuminated or not illuminated.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #89
Chikkin

Tester

sweet grotto Galldora

Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 AM   #90
Catria

Loremaster

Galldora wrote:

Mystfit wrote:

Well, if they did that, it sure would ruin my grotto!

Funny, when we first got these trees, I thought the same thing...but I don't want them to have lights and eyeballs and bats all year long.  They are very useful trees for a lot of different scenarios.  

Edited to say:  This always seems to be the case in any of the situations where some effect can be set to be either on all the time or off all the time -- either way they set them, they'll never please everyone.  It would be great if these items could be made like the Charasis platforms, where they can either be set to be illuminated or not illuminated.

Well, I don't think what Myst was asking for was for them to always be on.  She is asking for the same thing a lot of us have been wanting, which is simply for the items to remember and retain whatever state we choose to set them at.  So, if we turn the fireplace or tree lights off, they will be off for everyone, or if we set all the trees to blue lights, then everyone that visits sees the blue lights, etc.  Right now they reset to default (whether off or on) when the last person leaves the instance/home.

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote