EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #31
Ilivdra

Loremaster

Bratface wrote:

Roses are no longer gathered, they are collected.

No more bountiful harvests.

They are collected, but bountiful harvests still work on them. Just got some that way.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #32
darwich

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bratface wrote:

They are collected, but bountiful harvests still work on them. Just got some that way.

I did last night as well..

darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #33
Alynnia

Loremaster

I did this today and handed out about 50 roses to no avail.

Then I recieved the quest to collect the 8 and finished the line of quests after that.

Handed out another 20 or so....will do more later today.

X'es fingers

Alynnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #34
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Yeah you have to get the quest first before they start giving titles. you'll get them.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
Bratface

Loremaster

darwich wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bratface wrote:

Well this is further proof that the RNG truly has no love for me.

I double checked to be sure and it's tru... I havested a tad over two hundred roses without a single bountiful /cry

It's always been a rocky relationship between me and the RNG, I am glad it is treating the rest of you better =)

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #36
Aenene

Loremaster

in case this isnt mentioned, you get 2 roses per 1 collect. So during a bountiful harvest you would get 4 total. This makes getting enough roses fairly easy coupled with the fact that you can actually find them now. They are still a bit of a pain to target but thats fine =) They also respawn fairly fast. If you run up on one that doesnt seem harvestable, go into first person (or vise versa) and try from different angles. That helped me get a whole "bouquet" that happened to be spawning on a tree trunk.

Aenene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #37
Bratface

Loremaster

My question is can we get the title after the event is over if we still have roses to give out?

I just don't have time to do it all within the timeframe but if I can still use the roses I have after the event is turned off I might actually be able to get a title.

Hopefully someone with a red name will let us know if we can still attain a title after the event is over if we still have the roses to give away <3

Pretty please =)

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #38
GrunEQ

Tester

I have to say kudos for the flame effect to see the roses.  Thanks for the titles....love them!  I hope giving out roses after Erollisi Day will work, too.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
Kaitheel

Dev

The titles have to be gained during the week of the events being active.  If you have roses after the event is over you can still give them away, but they will not count towards a title.  Just like last year when the roses first started blooming in the Enchanted Lands and the secret titles were first put in.  SMILEY

Old 02-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #40
janmystique

Loremaster

Really enjoying all the quests and love the roses!

I am wondering whether the I need to give out 25 to get the first title and then just 75 more to get the second title or whether I have to give out 25 to get first title and then give out an additional 100 to get the second title? If you see what I mean!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #41
Frijoles
Server: Oasis
Guild: Destined for Glory

Loremaster

darwich wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bratface wrote:

My Bruiser also just picked up a bountiful harvest with these about 45 minutes ago (Friday, 2/13) on the Oasis server.

Frijoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #42
Teircen

Loremaster

Kathiel... any chance we could get confirmation on if the titles stop at 100?  I have a bit more to reach 500 given out and am wondering if I should keep going past that to try for 1000. 

In spite of me being careful not to harvest and get in others' way strip mining roses I'm sure people would appreciate me not going back there to collect another 500-600 roses (need to account for double gifting so need more than 500) and I really don't relish the thought of trying to actually find another 500 different people.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #43
Prrasha

Loremaster

I'm amused that professing your love for 100 different people over the course of a week makes you "The Romantic".

Someone on the dev team has been watching too much Inuyasha.

Prrasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #44
glowsintheda

General

yeah, would think 100 for one person would be the romantic, one time each for 100 different people would be like the easy or the player or something like that

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
Wulfgeist

Loremaster

Quick question: Do you actually *give* the person a rose (via trade window) or *use* them on a targeted person?

Thanks

Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #46
Ilivdra

Loremaster

You target the person and use the rose. Quickest way is to put it on your hotbar and just click it.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #47
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Prrasha wrote:

I'm amused that professing your love for 100 different people over the course of a week makes you "The Romantic".

Someone on the dev team has been watching too much Inuyasha.

Oh please. Miroku only asked every beautiful girl to bear his children. Nothing romantic about that.

Now Brock from pokemon on the other hand....

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #48
Kamimura

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I am wondering whether the I need to give out 25 to get the first title and then just 75 more to get the second title or whether I have to give out 25 to get first title and then give out an additional 100 to get the second title? If you see what I mean!

Give out 25 for the first, then 75 more for the next. 100 roses in total.. although you may want to harvest a few more than that just incase you accidently give to the same person twice.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #49
Kamimura

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Now Brock from pokemon on the other hand....

"The Creepy"

Old 02-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #50
LadyGalasya

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Yeah you have to get the quest first before they start giving titles. you'll get them.

incorrect. I have as of yet not done the quests on my Illy yet she bears the title "the romantic" above her head (100 roses to 100 diffrent people)

LadyGalasya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #51
Mystfit

Loremaster

Kaitheel wrote:

The titles have to be gained during the week of the events being active.  If you have roses after the event is over you can still give them away, but they will not count towards a title.  Just like last year when the roses first started blooming in the Enchanted Lands and the secret titles were first put in. 

Did anyone get the titles last year? And if not, does it make a dev sad to see a fun thing not get noticed...!!! I know I harvested and carried a stack with me forever last year but didn't aggressivly pursue passing them out..heh

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #52
Powers

Loremaster

I would love to get "The Romantic" title for one of my characters, but there's nothing romantic about mass-distributing roses willy-nilly, so I can't justify it.

Powers  &8^]

Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #53
Taldacea

Loremaster

I just got the title "the Passionate" last night for giving out hat appeared to be, maybe 250 roses.  Not much time yet, does not look like I will make it to a high enough count to see if there are any more titles since the event is ending soon (I have been literally chasing down any person I see that has not been given a rose by me, has not been easy)

Taldacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #54
Cecie
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Shoo Ponies

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

... (I have been literally chasing down any person I see that has not been given a rose by me, has not been easy)

This was actually a lot of fun, I enjoyed the "happiness of pursuit" aspect. Reminded me a dirty old man chasing his secretary around her desk. Though with the long cast time of "give rose", and the speed with which people zone in and out now with all the mariner's bells, it was sometimes frustrating.
Cecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:31 AM   #55
Cecie
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Shoo Ponies

Loremaster

Sorry - double post.
Cecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #56
Kamimura

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I just got the title "the Passionate" last night for giving out hat appeared to be, maybe 250 roses.  Not much time yet, does not look like I will make it to a high enough count to see if there are any more titles since the event is ending soon (I have been literally chasing down any person I see that has not been given a rose by me, has not been easy)

Doh, that's too bad, I'd love to have that title for my ranger.. but no time this year before the event is over. Ah well, next year maybe..

Old 02-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #57
foreverquest3000

Loremaster

There is indeed at least one title beyond 'Flirtatious' (25 roses), and 'Romantic' (100 roses). I handed out 250 roses

with my main character and also got the title 'The Passionate'. Sort of difficult, and justly so, because those 250 roses

have to be given to 250 different player characters, and it's easy to lose track--names and titles start to look very simliar

after a while. It took me three and a half hours to hand out those extra 150 roses. I did NOT try to go for whatever the

500-rose title was, and forget about 1,000! Really like to hear from those that reached those marks and what the titles

are. I'm pretty satisfied all-in-all since I did get The Romantic title with all my alts. Phew, 750 total roses handed out. lol.

ForeverQuest3000  

foreverquest3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #58
Oxie

Loremaster

Last night, 3 of us frantically foraged/purchased roses and went in search of the 500 roses title. We ended up getting it in the early morning hours, and now we are "The Amorous"!

Someone took a screenshot of us with our new titles, so maybe that image will show up here sometime today.

I hope there isn't a 750/1000 title, 'cause I honestly think there are not enough active toons around to get this feat done in the week or so of EDay.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #59
Kizee

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Last night, 3 of us frantically foraged/purchased roses and went in search of the 500 roses title. We ended up getting it in the early morning hours, and now we are "The Amorous"!

Someone took a screenshot of us with our new titles, so maybe that image will show up here sometime today.

I hope there isn't a 750/1000 title, 'cause I honestly think there are not enough active toons around to get this feat done in the week or so of EDay.

Yeah but what servers actually have 1000 players...you would probally have to server transfer to get those titles if there are any.

Also, I would be suprised if you couldn't keep giving roses after the event is over and still get the titles. They are afterall just "hunter of" type updates.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #60
Caela

Loremaster

Suggestions for next year:

Event was too short - two-three weeks would have been better.  Only one weekend was involved and it was a holiday weekend.

I didn't even learn about the titles until last night - I tried to give as many as I could - only got about 50 done.  With the invention of guild halls, not as many people gathering spots - though Everfrost TSO area and The Moores were not bad.  A shorter cast time, and if there was any sort of emote, I didn't see it - so hard to tell who I had given one to, or if it took as they were running off.

More zones to gather roses - I had a hard time finding any at the entrance to EL, and I wasn't about to try to take my lvl 20ish alt deep into EL where they seemed to be more abundant.  Would have been great to have roses in the zones I was adventuring in so I didn't feel like I had to make a choice between harvesting roses and playing my toon.

Question:

Can the items still be crafted if you have the component?

Caela is offline   Reply With Quote