EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #91
merlinddg

None of these dates are good for people with children

merlinddg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #92
42FinalAnsw

i picked october even though im not going

42FinalAnsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #93
MsChief

The Quiet Type

Not sure why people who aren't even planning on going feel the need to vote.  It really messes up the actual number in determining who is going and what dates would  be best for the actual attendees.

MsChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #94
Arianah

The Quiet Type

It's too bad that these were the only dates available, since summer is the easiest time to vacation. I guess any of those weeks could work for me and my husband, I'm not sure what our work and school schedule will be like around that time next year.

But this year was my first Fan Faire ever and I had sooo much fun I'm really looking forward to going again SMILEY It was more fun than I thought it would be that our other plans we had while in Las Vegas interfered with Fan Faire. Next time Fan Faire dates are going to be JUST for Fain Faire SMILEY I just hope the turn out isn't low.

One thing I didn't see anyone else mention though... What about Nights of the Dead?! OMG I don't want to miss my favourite holiday! lol

Arianah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #95
Discord37

The Quiet Type

Not sure I'll go, because as someone mentioned, the East Coast is blown off constantly, Vegas is not central at all, yeah yeah I know the reasons. But, other conventions happen all year. The world can't plan around people's kids all the time.

Discord37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #96
ita

Average daily high for las vegas (from weather.com):

Sep 13: 95

Sep 27: 90

Oct 18: 80

Previous fan faires:

2007, Aug 2: 104

2008, Aug 14: 102

2009, Jun 25: 102

2010, Aug 5: 104

2011, Jul 7: 104

ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #97
Horra

Happy Camper

"The music at the party : If we could please get a DJ that doesn't think techno remixes are the only music on the planet, I'd really love it. I don't mind the concept that we as fans run the gamut of demographics, and that calls for a mix of music styles. I enjoy a wide range of music. But the vast majority of your attendees are looking to sit and talk to each other, not bounce around on a dancefloor like a bunch of wounded ducks."

I for one would like to put in an early vote to have Jethal be the DJ.

Horra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #98
Scadicca

Happy Camper

Horra wrote:

"The music at the party : If we could please get a DJ that doesn't think techno remixes are the only music on the planet, I'd really love it. I don't mind the concept that we as fans run the gamut of demographics, and that calls for a mix of music styles. I enjoy a wide range of music. But the vast majority of your attendees are looking to sit and talk to each other, not bounce around on a dancefloor like a bunch of wounded ducks."

Seconded!

Scadicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #99
The_Best_Jedi

Happy Camper

Ashlanne wrote:

That's better

I am not sure why it locked itself.

Thanks for all of the Private Messages letting me know folks.

Vote away!

I voted for october.

The_Best_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #100
emmien

Why is it so early? SMILEY

emmien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #101
zanderon2

The Quiet Type

With an October FF, I might actually be able to go!

I work in the hospitality industry, and summer months are some of our busiest.  When you work in one of the top vacation spots in the world, getting to one of the others is tough, especially when it's busy.

Add the fact that the first week of August is the second busiest travel week in the US, and you get more expensive airplane tickets than an October date would give.

zanderon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #102
silenttens

Scadicca wrote:

Horra wrote:

Seconded!

I Make the Motion to Have Jethal DJ at the Next (+5) FF's

All those in Favor...>AYE   Oposed> Neh

AYE

silenttens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #103
Juniet

October is perfect! One word = Honeymoon! 

Juniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #104
Pliab

Finally some dates with nice weather. Summer is to hot to attend Fan Faire in Vegas. My wife and I will be going if one of these dates gets selected. My wife is a teacher and will not have a problem going,that is what vacation/personnal time is for. If kids are a problem, have one parent stay home and one go to Fan Faire. Or one parent attends first 2 days then returns home while the second parent does the opposite schedule. No matter where or when it gets scheduled there will be people who will complain and say they aren't going. I'm one of those complainers when Fan Faire is in the hottest part of summer in Vegas. I don't like 90 degree weather here at home and i'm not going somewhere that has 100 degree plus weather.  Actually my vote for October is two votes, wife and myself.

Pliab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #105
Skycougar

SOE Community Council

I didn't vote as none of those dates are good for my friends that I go to spend time with.   Really bad time for people with kids.  Please move it back to the summertime even if you have to go elsewhere

Skycougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #106
Squeecha

Senior Guide

silenttenshi wrote:

Scadicca wrote:

Horra wrote:

Seconded!

I Make the Motion to Have Jethal DJ at the Next (+5) FF's

All those in Favor...>AYE   Oposed> Neh

AYE

All in favor say "Aye".. all opposed  - shoosh!!!

Squeecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #107
Malosi

SOE Community Council

Fan Faire was so much fun, even with school, kids and whatever...I'll make any of those dates next year.

Malosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #108
rebalangel

The Quiet Type

I know people complain about the fact that it keeps happening in Vegas. It has been stated several times in the past and has been stated on the forum here. SOE does this to help keep cost low. Anyone who has actually attended FF knows they bring a ton of stuff to FF. Everything the bring cost money to transport, not to mention getting all their staff there. As for the dates it isn't ideal for it happening in the school year, but SOE isn't trying to keep parents/college students from attending. They let us vote for the one this year and Bally's won. I know several people that love FF being at Bally's there is a good chance that those are the dates that Bally's has and price is also a consideration. Different times of the year cost different amounts. Personally I do not think I will be able to get someone to watch my 3 kids during the school year as all family doesn't leave near me. However my husband although wants to go will end up staying home so I can go. Or maybe I will stay home so he can go. If it doesn't work for you don't bash SOE there is no way they can make everyone happy, they do the best they can.

rebalangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #109
Craisin

The Quiet Type

October it is , anyway i will go again,

make sure we have a beach ball for the pool party volleyball

that i started at this last fanfaire ,,,and thanks for getting picts of us in action hehehe

Craisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #110
WarSheol

Happy Camper

When can I register?

WarSheol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #111
Eith

The Quiet Type

Pre-apology for rambling post. I had a great time at the last Fan Faire and hope to attend the next, although that's still up in the air. The number responding are statistically significant in spite of being self-selecting. SOE staff should announce the October date for Fan Faire and enable attendees to make the appropriate air and hotel reservations. SOE staff should also check the demographics on the intersection of game-players and Fab Faire-attendees, then schedule future Fan Faires accordingly. They should consider the reasons for holding Fan Faires. I've read all of the posts. I understand why Las Vegas and why Bally's, I understand that no matter when or where Fan Faire takes place someone (several someones!) will be unable to attend or otherwise be inconvenienced, disappointed, etc. I DO wish that decisions could be made in more timely fashion. Air fares rose $190 plus fees between the time date preference query deadline passed and SOE announced Fan Faire dates. That cost 1 attendee. I don't understand the SOE Fan Faire methodology. It appears that SOE determines venue availability after a Fan Faire is over, then asks the fans to select from a list of dates for the next one. For 2012 there are exactly three options. What about the dates in 2013? 2014? 2015? I'm a regular volunteer at several conventions -- we get the best rates (room rates, corkage, catering, public space) when we know at least three years out from the event exactly when it will take place. This has been true whether the convention is a one-off or is an annual event, e.g. every Presidents Day weekend. We negotiate multi-year contracts with the hotel and/or conference center for the annual events. We get the best prices for con materials by having a deadline at least a year out from the event date. SOE can save themselves and fans $$$$ by determining the best time to hold the Fan Faire, then negotiating their contracts in timely fashion.
Eith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #112
Irish

Journeyman

This was answered at a past Fanfaire, they wont ever be picking dates that far out ,due to they wait for the dates of the following years E3 and San Diego Comic Con to be announced, to prevent having it on same dates.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #113
Lilith

The Quiet Type

re: east coast feedback...

my 2 cents on that is Boston... but I'm biased...  =x

Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #114
nicoo96

Happy Camper

Can't wait for Fan FaireSMILEY

nicoo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #115
Bara

The Quiet Type

Hope to be able to go in 2012 after missing the past 3 years. For my EQ fix I'll manage the time and place constraints; it is my personnal finaces  that is the inflexible deciding factor that allows or prevents me from going.

Bara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #116
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Can we assume that the dates in October are those aimed for by SOE now?

Would like to know as early as possible so I can make plans accordingly SMILEY

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #117
Rakhe

I can make these times but I will miss seeing several online friends which is main reason for going to this.

Sony, please look for better dates during summer time for more people to enjoy themselve. If it needs to be a different location, then move it. If you are worried about more people showing and forking out more $$$ for free drinks or food, let us buy. But seriously a better time would be great for us all to see each other and enjoy a once a year get together.

Sincerely,

Rakhene

Rakhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #118
RadarHelper

Master

The proposed dates are in two different fiscal cycles?  FY 12 and FY 13 for the US government.

Good luck with this,  I am the low guy on the vacation list at work.

RadarHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #119
Niteshaid

Happy Camper

Would someone from SOE please let us know if these will be the actual dates for fan faire so we can start planning flights and such. Thanx! ~Niteshaid~
Niteshaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #120
RadarHelper

Master

Could we get an update please, here about Fan Faire dates?

You know we like to see you guys at SOE and Las Vegas is the most fun for the bucks.

Promise not to yell at everyone.

Thanks.

RadarHelper is offline   Reply With Quote