EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2014, 06:42 PM   #31
Arieste

Any idea on the tradeskill mount? Because tehre is two things to test with tradeskills - the tradeskill questline (which might count for quests?) and actually doing tradeskilling...
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #32
Sisca

I haven't looked at the TS stuff but my wife mentioned today that she had something saying she had completed 22 of 25 quests for the achievement so I'm guessing you need to do the TS quests.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #33
Arieste

Just saw Domino's posts on it. I know what i need to do now!
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #34
Xianthia

Hi Caith, will this be the same as ToV Beta and have to claim before do the work on the second character or won't get counted? Making sure before I dive in to multiple characters doing the quest lines. This question is about all the mount rewards. Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #35
Lenanu

Currently, with the issue with game constantly crashing when attempting to zone into the new areas, these rewards are unfair. How can we get them when they haven't fixed the zoning issue?
Lenanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #36
Anghammarad

Haven't had this issues. I think some do have. Mostly it is because of hardware issues (drivers etc).

If you would like to help your fellow players open up a thread or post in one existing regarding this topic.

Like the one with the gfx bugs.

If these hardware/driver related stuff doesn't get sorted before release, SoE may be in for a ride. And a lot of players will be frustrated.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #37
Blueiris

Its sad that there is so much trouble for us that we can't even get on to try the Beta and get a mount
Blueiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #38
yerbo

I am told by some people that they have claimed their mount on live servers but I can't seem to. Can anyone explain exactly how this is done? I've petitioned it but no response yet.
yerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #39
Sisca

Per This Thread over in the tradeskill section, the mounts aren't available on live yet.

Also, if I'm reading it right, Caith says that you can earn a second mount even without doing a /claim on live in between and you'll still be able to get both mounts once they're available on live.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #40
GIndotto

Any word on how those of us that can't get into the new zones are going to be screwed out of all these Beta rewards? I'm working diligently with Maevianiu trying to do everything he she requests of me, (including ~9 hours of download time re-downloading the entirety of Beta content over and over) and last night come to find Beta and Heroic content rewards is some badass stat mount with resists on it. I'd love to be able to participate to get that mount! I really would!

aseuoibaw;eoiubaw;euoibaw;uoebgaw;uiebaw;uebga;wue bgtw;auorbega'w;uoerbga;souebg'asouebrga'wioenht'w ae;ijrvn[awoiehjv aw;ouehtv awhtv baw;uoethvb ;aosuethvaws;oieht vba'woiseh tas;oi'eht 'asoierht vba'spoiehgtb v'aswpeoi vhaw'poieht va'pwsrihgb 'spzirhbt a'wpirhtb 'wpairhbt 'spzirhb z'spirhgb a'piweht baw;ourehtv aw;ouehtg v;oaeuwg vta;oieuw

That's me being really frustrated right now. Do you see, SOE?! Do you see?!
GIndotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #41
Kalmaraa

I got the UI message for the tradeskill quest mount on the beta server, but no mount on the live server... is there a delay?
Kalmaraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #42
Merriel

My only reason for not complaining about the solo mount reward being a ground mount, is because the tradeskiller's mount is a flying mount and has the same stats as the solo adventurer's ground mount. So even though I'm not getting a flying mount as an adventurer, at least I am able to get a flying mount with those same stats...since I will probably never have the heroic flying mount. Still, it is kind of a slap in the face to us casual solo players, as it sends the message that we don't warrant qualifying for a flying mount...as if we haven't earned it.
Merriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #43
Griffon Lady

For the ground mount, we can always hope that SOE will find a way for us to clip our flight wings onto land/leaper/glider mounts. ^_^ Could you imagine that awesome hell hound with the black bat wings? ohhhhh! 0.0
They said they won't do it because those mounts don't have a flight animation set, but I wouldn't object to a slowed down jumping/running animation alternating as they fly, mid jump animation going backwards and forwards in slow mode as they dive. ^_~
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #44
Ucala

that is the definition of a delay Tongue
but that is besides the point.

still stuck on 23/23 on achievement with no mount
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #45
Caith

Developer

In the next beta build you will be able to purchase an item off of Oliver in Tranquil seas that will correct this for you. The item will check to see if you have done all of the quests on the list, and if so, complete the reward for you.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #46
Caith

Developer

There is no delay, however claiming your rewards on live servers have not yet been enabled.

Claiming your beta awards should be made available this upcoming week.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #47
Idaho Iksar

Am literally stuck on this solo signature quest for the ground mount.
  • Shattered Seas: Refuge Return
  • Shattered Seas: Chasing Greymast
  • Shattered Seas: Pirates' Plot
  • Shattered Seas: Dark Threats on Dshinn
  • Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands
  • Shattered Seas: Journey to Zavith'loa
  • And then ... on to Kithicor Docks
Edit: Found the missing piece, thanks to Kaunyin: Kithicor Docks, there's an NPC there that is hiding under an illusion. No feather either.
Idaho Iksar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #48
Alarra

I have done some of the solo quest line and tried doing some of the heroic stuff. I found that even with rather skilled players that we couldn't complete highhold keep last named (quite a few moving pieces in the fight). Pretty much writing off the possibility of getting the heroic mount now and thinking of this as a try to kill as many bugs before launch labour of love type thing I guess.,......
Alarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #49
Idaho Iksar

Brigands sure seem to make short work of a lot of Solo & Adv Solo bosses. Can get a lot of them on my beastlord, yet some even Perrin cannot keep up with on heals - and these are supposed to be solo?? Should be relabeled as Dou Instances.

Am in gemmed out potent gear. Those trying with the starter level 100 gear aren't fairing well at all, and lots have resorted to group versions. Was hoping to get going on the mount quest once getting thrown a bone, yet this morning the patcher is broken. /sigh
Idaho Iksar is offline   Reply With Quote