EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #31
Bloodguts

He didn't kill us when he was meditating. he killed us after we killed 1 of the 5 or 6 shadow adds that spawned.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #32
Ucala

I think chrol means.
whoever kills the shadow add gets ported back to the name. the person that got ported back hit the name, thus killing everyone in the darkness still
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #33
Bloodguts

is that how the fight even works? :S i didn't hit anything the times i got ported back. if i did hit anything it was auto-attack that did it when getting hit by the boss and auto-targetting due to getting hit.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #34
Ucala

I am sure it's a bug/broken, but I am confident in that is what was happening
Old 10-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #35
Bloodguts

If that is the case of why the group is dying, then it would be extremely silly because your character is forced to auto-attack (specially if you're a ranger/mage with spell auto) the moment you get hit by the boss's green frontal cone.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #36
Chrol

Developer

He stops casting Vex'Kaas Toxin (the frontal) while meditating. He is also immune to indirect AEs while meditating.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:46 AM   #37
Chrol

Developer

I can put a 5 second or so grace period on Pov from the time you get ported out of the darkness before he one shots the rest of you if he's attacked.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:24 AM   #38
Ucala

I think something would help, it's quite silly really since you don't even know if you are gonna be the one ported back (since it's whoever lands the killing blow on the adds in the darkness).
so to go from dpsing darkness adds to full stop in no time just isn't very effective, imo
Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 AM   #39
Chrol

Developer

It'll be a 10 second grace period.

Also fixing the pet giveaway for Kessatras (3rd boss).
Old 10-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #40
Ucala

hide and seek just got way more intense
Old 10-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #41
Bloodguts

K, now we live a lot longer when he does Shadow Meditation, but as soon as we kill 1 shadow, we all die, and it says his concentration has faltered
Old 10-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #42
Azentalis

On the last boss for the Inner Sanctum zone we didn't receive an achievement update for Arch Lich Rhag'Zadune. After killing the 2 summoners and 1 warrior add the portal blew up and we were left to kill 2 other named. After killing these Rhag'Zadune's remains were on the ground. Couldn't do anything with the remains so was that it or did we somehow miss out on activating a hard mode version and that's why there wasn't an update for achievement?
Azentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #43
Buffrat

Killed Arch Lich Rhag'Zadune here too. Jestarx/Zarinahx/Darkonxx/Buffratxxy/Aniathor/Sebekian. No achievement.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #44
Darkon

Ya. Also. Not a fan of the final fight. It kills you if you try to have a fighter tank it, so you're basically left with rotating 4 fighters, or using a non-fighter to tank snakes that hit decently hard. Bleh.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #45
Buffrat

Also: Rhag'Zadune's damage shield mechanic totally ***** summoners/beastlords/chanters/whatever. Pets and swarm pets can and do trigger the damage shield, and since they don't share resists with the caster on top of having little to near 0 hp, swarm pets basically die instantly upon spawning and pets die unless they have a shaman with a broken zone buff giving them 2000 potency/cb warding them for 1-2 million per second.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #46
Chrol

Developer

You're not supposed to attack Rhag'Zadune during this encounter so I'll just swap that damage shield for full damage reduction.

And a fix for the achievement is in the works.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #47
Buffrat

I didn't mean attacking Rhag'Zadune, poor choice of wording on my part. I meant the two mobs you actually fight. The 25% chance to proc Vile something, damage increases depending on increments of the buff on the mobs.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #48
Chrol

Developer

Instead of removing pets from being affected by this damage shield, I'm instead just going to reduce the damage they take.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #49
Rhvaurek

We were doing fine in Ssraeshza Temple today, First and second boss were really fun, but we hit a road block with the Earthen Behemoth doing waaaay too much damage, This is against a guardian with full mit, resists and 80% avoidance and 3 mil hp, The boss was hitting for like 2-3 mil damage every auto attack, we couldnt get past 90% without the boss destroying the tank and this was after using all the stoneskins, we think it was due to the buff that was on him.

Just to let the devs know.
Rhvaurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:28 AM   #50
Chrol

Developer

Changes to the Earthen Behemoth encounter should go in with the next beta build. It'll be much more doable then.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #51
Rhvaurek

Thanks Chrol BigGrin
Rhvaurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #52
Ucala

it is an HO and it sounds like your group just couldn't do an HO, my group dropped the DR just fine on all the shades by doing an HO.
get good
Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #53
Velros

those *hints* you threw up are by the looks of it, HO..
(IF it is) i'm pretty sure its broken, my group consisted of necro, dirge, channeler, warden, ranger, zerker-(me).
we stuck it out.. tried to kill it. and tried a whole array of thing to get the DR to drop, none worked
Velros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #54
Daray

There is sort of a bug with the HOs though.

If you have an HO started (but not advanced, i.e. the timer is not ticking down) on the main guy when he goes inactive and the shades spawn, then the HO gets stuck in that state, and the only way to correct it is to completely reset the encounter.

Edit: Also not sure if the teleporter is meant to split the group up and send you to random platforms, but that's what it does and it can make the fight much harder / more random. Some people like to swim up the water, but those seem to just stop as the fight progresses (or at least it did for us). Bubble circles also stopped happening for us after we were done with the first shade, for some unknown reason. We kind of cheated and just started on one of the platforms, and then just ran around the lip along the wall to each of the subsequent platforms.
Daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #55
Daray

Yeah, we noticed those hits too, but just ended up snare kiting him in a big ol' circle, while the rest of the group sat in the center and killed adds / ranged him.
Daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #56
Velros

when i say we "stuck it out" we where sat there basically spamming HO's for the best part of 25 minutes, i reckon.. in those 25 minutes *Atleast* one HO managed to advance..

I'll wager that we ran into the problem Daray Posted, and just did not know it. Frown
Velros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #57
Chrol

Developer

A fix is in for the HO getting stuck. The teleporter is meant to send you to random platforms, as it also drops your health by 25%. There is a reason those water columns can be swum in.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #58
Misia

The HO problem isn't the only bug. The bubbles can kill you before they actually fully spawn - it's random on the timing. The four adds near the base randomly port around as well - makes you feel like you're lagging terribad. Or, perhaps there is a bunch of lag caused by all the stuff in the fight. I'm not sure which .. code or lag but the bubbles are messed up by whatever it is.

Also swimming doesn't always work. Sometimes you're swimming and you just fall to the ground even though the water is still there. Perhaps that's lag too.
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #59
phlik

we only get the water wen he first ports then not again throughtout the fight
phlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #60
Misia

Also sometimes the adds from below can attack you on the platforms - insta kill actually per log.
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote