EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Force Weaver

Loremaster

Are there class exclusions on skill enhancements from Adornments? 

I've addded a +4 Parry Adornment to a Forearm Peice but it fails to add to the Parry value in the Persona Window.  I don't know how to figure out if it is being added but just not appearing in the total in the window.  My class has a zero base Parry value but I have been able to up the Parry score by AA choices available to me.  Anyone know possibly why other Parry equipment can up my Parry but adorning Parry on an item that doesn't have Parry already doesn't? 

Old 02-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
TheJoeJoeMan

Loremaster

Force Weaver wrote:

Are there class exclusions on skill enhancements from Adornments? 

I've addded a +4 Parry Adornment to a Forearm Peice but it fails to add to the Parry value in the Persona Window.  I don't know how to figure out if it is being added but just not appearing in the total in the window.  My class has a zero base Parry value but I have been able to up the Parry score by AA choices available to me.  Anyone know possibly why other Parry equipment can up my Parry but adorning Parry on an item that doesn't have Parry already doesn't? 

I have an item that give me +deflection, since I'm a Zerker and don't have the deflection skill, it does nothing for me. I've never played a Wizard before but if you guys do not have a Parry skill then it's not going to do anything for you.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Noaani

Loremaster

Wizards do not naturally have the parry skill, but we can get an achievement in the KoS line that gives us a % to parry. This shows up in our persona window in the same manner as parry does for any class that has it naturally. However, we still do not get the actual skill "parry".

With the adornments, it is adding to the skill, rather than to the % parried. Since we do not have the skill, it does nothing for us. Personally, I'd love it if they made %parry items work for us, but i doubt they would do that.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Ookami-san

Loremaster

There is a difference in the Parry skill and the ability to Parry and percentage of incoming attacks.  I do not believe the % ability uses the parry skill, nor does it increase the parry skill.

So getting the + to parry adornment probably will not help at all, since the ability doesn't actually USE the parry skill.

Life is pain Princess! Anyone who tells you differently, is selling something!
Ookami-san is offline   Reply With Quote