EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2005, 02:56 AM   #1
Bo

General

Anyone know any % on our slows, anyone know if chanter slows afre better than ours cause they remove mine.?  mourning slow and howling haze stack but does the slow stack?  cant seem to find no info on slows
Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:47 AM   #2
disru

15% seems to be the case for all of our slow lines, If you stack slow spells the attack speed debuff effect does not multiply, it remians 15%. I don't know what the % is on enchanter slows but I would guess that it would not exceed 15% as well. Do enchanter slows have a secondary effect besides just attack speed debuff?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
Cor

I'm pretty sure that enchanters do not get any slows.  Only shaman's get slows in this game.  'Chanters get haste.

Coren,
29 Mystic
Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:38 AM   #4
Harvyst

Loremaster

I was grouped with a coercer last night (level 43), and he said he did have a slow.No idea how good it was. But since everything was deep red to me and I couldn't slow, he was slowing.
Harvyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #5
Hadji

Loremaster

I checked the Coercer spell list and they indeed get 2 spells with a mob attack speed reducer, Melcancholy at level 28.6 and Despair at level 42.  The primary ability of these seem to be dots, then arcane debuffs, and then single target slow.

I don't know how well it compares to ours percentage-wise, but our line of single target slows has an offensive debuff that would make it far superior in my opinion.

Frellya
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:05 AM   #6
Claude

How about our slows vs. Crippling Shroud? I was in a group a while back that insisted on aiming for that HO even when we were fighting a single monster and I was slowing it as soon as I could. It seemed to me like a waste of time unless we were fighting a group (I'm only 22, still have just the trained version of Wailing Haze, so it takes a while to recycle). Is the magnitude of slow they get from Crippling Shroud comparable to what I can do?Phaidor, 22 MysticAntonia Bayle
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
Mystiq

General

Since Crippling Shroud is an HO result and therefore should always land, I think it should always be done as soon as possible after a pull. It can't hurt. I don't think anybody has studied the effectiveness of CS's slow, but maybe you can convince Banditman to spearhead that effort :smileywink:

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM   #8
Banditman

Loremaster

My "perma group" is gonna try to work on that.  We're generally the MT group when we raid, and we're thinking that using CS would be a much better way to Slow mobs (with regards to debuff aggro) if we can work it so that the tank always completes it.

It may take a while for me to get that data together, but I know about it and would like to make it happen.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:44 PM   #9
ChristopherK

HO slow doesn't stack with regular. So do either or. I read on the test patch notes they will make HO effects stack soon. Doubt the slow will though.
ChristopherK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:51 PM   #10
Muad`D

General

Am i missing something? or is it not just me that gets Crippling Shroud as a rare HO. I duo with my wife who plays a monk, and it seems like 7 or 8 out of 10 tries i get divine blade/judgement (can't remember exact, but its the direct damage one) instead of CS. Anyone else's experiences would be helpful.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
Vates_Sac

All I can say is gooooooooo Mystics!!  Can you believe that we get soooo many utility spells. Ahh life is good.
Vates_Sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #12
Banditman

Loremaster

Divine Blade is the common, but Crippling Shroud seems to come up maybe 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 4 ish.

Didn't get to log Crippling Shroud last night, I pushed hard for 35 in Runnyeye (got it) so now I have the ability to test Grim Lethargy and Crippling Shroud at the same time.  We'll be camping a lot of mobs tonite working on DFC access so I'll try to get our Guardian to log it.