EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > Adventure Leveling
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
shannontroester

Lord

hmm I don't know about the other classes, but I don't understand why you guys gave the coercers a new Charm for level 94... :p a charm that can't work on most mobs that matter and one most people don't use anyway (because we have possess essence) maybe should give us another thing that might be useful?

Gnomes are the Superior Race **Dev confirmed**
shannontroester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Ragefighter
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Conviction

Loremaster

They will give you upgrades to whatever you got 10 lvls ago  so your lvl 84 spell will get a new 94 spell, in this case it is charm.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Maroger

Loremaster

Shouldn't they use a bit more intelligence in creating new spells at this range rather than the old, tired useless formula awarding spells no one uses as Dev. has made them unusable -- i.e. charm.

Or NOVEL IDEA - MAKE THE SPELLS USEFUL AGAIN!!!

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Mermut

Loremaster

Sounds like they aren't giving priests a new group cure if this is the case. The last time our group cure got an update was in the 70s.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Neiloch

Loremaster

they should be more selective as to which ones get upgraded. Either that or just give us the rest of the 'tier' as if we were level 100 instead of 95.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Shotneedle

Loremaster

And I was secretly hoping we'd get a new level 95 spell SMILEY

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
Neiloch

Loremaster

That would be real nice too, but I imagine we are too far along for something like that.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
Mohee

Lord

only 3 of the new conjy spells are even remotely useful....

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #9
Gladiolus

Loremaster

Upgrading the spells from ten levels ago is sort of what's expected but it would be nice if they'd give just one new, and useful, spell for level 95, for each subclass.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
Kabahl

Loremaster

Gladiolus wrote:

Upgrading the spells from ten levels ago is sort of what's expected but it would be nice if they'd give just one new, and useful, spell for level 95, for each subclass.

Probably not going to do that.  It's one of the reasons they're going with "Prestige" abilities.  Those abilities increase your power without adding yet another ability to add to your hotbar.  I am kind of grateful.  I've already got 10 hotbars (the max allowable) completely filled with abilities, poisons, and items.  I don't have the room for more . . . 

Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #11
aeyinar

Master

shannontroester wrote:

hmm I don't know about the other classes, but I don't understand why you guys gave the coercers a new Charm for level 94... :p a charm that can't work on most mobs that matter and one most people don't use anyway (because we have possess essence) maybe should give us another thing that might be useful?

i would like to see this changed to summon puppet an ability that would summon a basic pet i can (would love it if it had the apperance of kenny the rare merc)or possess essence friend  that would let me summon a copy of a grp member as a pet.

aeyinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
ZUES

Loremaster

shannontroester wrote:

Ya a new charm is useless. Instead, a better option would be to let us convert an essence pet to a perma pet. That way we could zone with it and the whole nine yards.

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote