EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #91
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got another change made... to all of the Shissar Codex buffs, including the base one, that accompanies the Codex spell bar.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - All of the Shissar Codex buffs have been adjusted.
Hopefully, these changes make it to Beta at the same time as the last change.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #92
Elinea

850k shot from one of shissars, just as shielding dropped. 12 seconds is maybe a tad too short, with a 30 second recast. Can it last a little longer?
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #93
Krath

Just tried the encounter again and I get the same thing. Once the portal is closed I'm dead in 1 hit. ~850k hit on an Illy with ~430k HP.
Krath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #94
Adius the Flawless

Wow... full plate tank in defensive and I get the exact same thing, one shotted with a 850k one shot. They really just need to "play" the encounter a dozen times to make sure that their changes are feasible?

And yeah, the shielding ability is useless with them hitting that hard... please fix!
Adius the Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:08 AM   #95
Shadowscale

ok have buffs now, but die as soon as im hit... still undoable.

is it going to be possable to get the quest mount before end of beta?
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #96
Tabri

Correction guild mate. cant edit
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #97
Harzel

Well, unless Shielding Scales is "Until Cancelled", I don't see how this is going to be doable. My assassin with all the quest gear that he got (chest, bracers, coif - the rest is level 100 MC) is at 480K hp and 8500 mit. But the Shissar are still hitting for 780K - 800K as soon as Shielding Scales drops, so it's a one shot. By the way, the middle Shissar hits for disease damage, while the other two are slashing, though the amount of damage is roughly the same.

Since they seemed slow sometimes, I tried kiting them, too, but that doesn't work either.

Was excited to see that the abilities patch was in; a bit disappointing to still not be able to finish the fight.

If closing the portal is supposed to weaken them, then either it didn't work or they somehow reset. In any case, the portal in my instance is gone and I can't reset the zone yet because the min duration is 5 days. (Why 5 days??)
Harzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #98
Adegx

Just finished this fight. I think you may have gone overboard kaitheel.

Raid geared tank:

Took NO damage. Did NOT blocked it. Looks like 75% dr from the buff and then i'm mitigating the rest all the way to zero. So at this point it just became wack a mole button mash.

The codex spells (didnt catch names because they vanished as soon as i was done with fight)
First one, does 3 % as intended works like intended
Second the one that does 12% max life and then heals you for 5% Only does about 3-4% damage
Third one does 5% max life actually does about 3%

Note: Part of the reason these mobs are obliterating people is they can ripost for some really nasty damage. This can really spike the squishies.
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #99
Kraeref

I am wondering why at all bother to add x4 epics to kill with set of godlike abilities. It reminds me of the last fight in ToV. Is it really neccessary? Would it not bevbetter to make a named and adds soloble but scripted? So we would be doing something besides being gods and tank and spank only? Smile just a question. Don't go all berzerker on me please.
Kraeref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #100
Yolo42

Tried this with my Inquisitor with Shadowknight tank last night. We finally got the abilities, but once fight started, 800k+ damage and fight over. No way a person could solo these fights when you can't duo them. Not everyone has raid gear. Finally gave up and very disappointed to be that close and not be able to finish. Like has been said before, hope we can still get the mount after all the time invested in testing this.
Yolo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #101
Dreamshard

Tried this with my Inquisitor with Shadowknight tank last night. We finally got the abilities, but once fight started, 800k+ damage and fight over. No way a person could solo these fights when you can't duo them. Not everyone has raid gear. Finally gave up and very disappointed to be that close and not be able to finish. Like has been said before, hope we can still get the mount after all the time invested in testing this.
It dosen'thelp when they take off our adorments and raise the lvl requirements of them and leave the gear at 95 now my sk dosen't even have his adorments. I find this very troubling I will not be able to complete this line in time for beta to stop ad I miss out on a mont?
Dreamshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #102
Kaitheel

Developer

Please retry this now that the updated spells & buffs have made it to Beta.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #103
Fingers

Happy to confirm that the new spells & buffs work fine Smile although my fingers (both spiritually and literally) ached after mashing buttons for what seemed like ages to kill the three epics. Was able to solo as a cryptic wearing 100 swashbuckler with healer merc assisting with top ups when my fingers slipped and I missed the timing on the mashing.

I did have to reset the zone, delete the quest and get it again from the captain to get it to work, otherwise the epics just laughed at me still.

Thanks for my new mount BigGrin
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #104
Aniwiel

I log in the zone (open days ago). Speak with NPC, The cast bar pops but no ability inside it...
Aniwiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #105
Pyroking

I just tried this part of the quest also i could kill the 1st x4 in the center but the 2 on the sides was beating me down it was if the 75% shield spell was not working good and the heal doing nothing i got a lvl 100 brig in to help but no help

I wanted to reset to try again but the reset time was days not hours
Pyroking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #106
Fingers

- Just buy a reset token from the guy just off the dock in Tranquil Sea, it will reset the zone for you
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #107
Darkmoogle

While in an old instance, the spells do not appear on the bar.

While in a new instance, the spells still do not appear on the bar.

Just deleted the quest to start it over again and now I can't seem to get past the step that states: "Dargan is being used in some sort of ceremony!"
Darkmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #108
Darkmoogle

Update: Deleted the quest again and everything worked as intended other than the spells being put on the bar for you. Was also able to finish the temple and kill the x4's with no deaths.

Thanks a ton for the tweaks!
Darkmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #109
Kaitheel

Developer

So, the thing about the spells in the Codex spell bar...

1) They are always delayed (due to unchangeable code). They should populate from right to left, one by one. So please do not think that just because they are not there when the bar shows up, that they will not populate. Give 'em some time to start. (I'm not happy with that either.)

2) The issue of them not showing up in Codex spell bar is inconsistent. I've had it happen to me a couple times, too. But not always. When they don't show, I've found it easier to cancel the Codex buff and then speak with Belzia again. She'll run ya through the dialogue again and recast it.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #110
Kaitheel

Developer

Glad to hear that you were able to finish it!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #111
Hakuna

Same result as Dark... Logged back in and had the updated spells. Since I logged out in the existing zone, the spells never populated on the temp spell bar, I just cast them directly from my Spells window.

This time around the result was quite the opposite as before. Was able to kill them all quite easily and quickly.
Hakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:01 AM   #112
Csipi

Yesterday I did this zone and was one shotted by the snakes. Today I have been resetting the zone, deleting the quest and re-acquiring it and still I am getting one shotted by snakes. What is going on, why isnt working for me?
Csipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:08 AM   #113
Csipi

Well, one-shotted for the 6th time now. I am using the new gear that was put on the beta buffer with full adornments (other then the greens) and I am hitting the shield looking buff but I am still getting killed. I dont know what to do, This sucks I am so close to that reward but looks like I wont be getting it. Frown
Old 11-06-2014, 03:11 AM   #114
SgtPmpkn

Edit: sorry its working now.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:25 AM   #115
Kaitheel

Developer

Ack! That doesn't sound good. Csipi, are you using your solo AA setup? Are you casting your self buffs before the fight? What class is your character?

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-06-2014, 03:41 AM   #116
Csipi

This is on my beastlord. I have the solo AA setup, I will try re acquiring the AA setup again.

Here is what I found out. My friend did not enter the temple yesterday because she had not finished the quest line up to that point. When she entered the temple for the first time today she was able to kill the snakes without any problems.

I entered the temple last night and was killed. Today I entered it again, with a reset instance with the bauble and I still get one shotted. It seems like somehow the bug was fixed for new people entering but not for those who had entered it already. At least for me. Will try again with the AA setup redone and will let you know what happens.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:57 AM   #117
Naneeje

Kaitheel, great fight.

My report: old zone before today's update. Had to cast from Spell book or new hot bar of mine, not the game one.
Figured it would populate for those with new zones.

This is what you need to know: The far back left snake is hitting for 2.1million on the very first slash. mitigated by the buffs for 75% brings it to 500k, so while the others were ok, the only way to kill this one was to kite it around the room.
So I went in with a friend and was surprised to see the act numbers reflect the very same thing. 2.1million in the first second.
Again, had to kite that one.
On a good note, leaving the portal up and killing them one at a time was very very good. Not having them all rush you at once is what saved me I think. So we killed the front, then the right, and then the portal, then the left and got the update.

Anyway, just not sure that one is supposed to hit so hard.
Any chance for a house item from this zone?
Thanks for all your hard work!
Naneeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:08 AM   #118
Csipi

Nope didnt work. I can get the snake in the middle to near death before i get hit with a 560k hit that kills me. The other two snakes if I try them first then I get with a 623k hit that insta-kills me. This is with the shield buff on.

This is so frustrating. Am I only one with this problem?
Old 11-06-2014, 04:26 AM   #119
Csipi

YAY I got my mount!!!! SmileSmileSmile

My friend who wasn't bugged came into the zone and did the quest for me. She was able to get the buff and killed the three snake right in front of me without her hp dropping even 1%!

Not sure why my character was bugged, but ah well I found a way around it. So I am happy.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #120
Izanami

Playing as Necro with solo AA set up, was able to kill the middle snake no problem, though he one-shotted both my pet and merc. Tried a snake on either side, fighting the same as I did before, kept warding up, etc and got two-shotted. Tried kiting and still got two-shotted. I can't even get close to killing them! The abilities worked fine on the first snake, but now they don't see to do jack! Closed the portal in the middle but I've died 20 times (gear completely broke 2x) to the damnable snake!

I am disappoint. ;_;
Izanami is offline   Reply With Quote