EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Vaeluur-

First, I will say that I am not outraged at the idea of different levels of passes.  It's a way to offer more (swag bag, for example) to those that want it while not running up costs to those that just want to vent to devs or the like.

Now, I have a few questions that are not covered in the FAQ section on the FF site.

1.) "Priority access to special events and registration" Will this include events like seating for the banquet?  I would be willing to pay more in order to not have to sit in the hallway for 4 hours to get a good seat.  I guess I would like to see a breakdown of what this means, and what events are included.  Seperate line for drinks when they have the bar sales going? Again, worth something to me.

2.) "Additional Special Fan Faire in-game items for your primary game" Is this going to be a different item from the first, or (using last year's EQ2 item as an example) will I just get two statues per character? I don't see the point of duplicates of the same item, unless it's some crazy effect that stacks (like massive status reduction on a house).  I know you don't normally tell what the items are a head of time, but just knowing that they are different items would be enough, for me at least.

3.) If we pick a lower level access and decide (before the cut off for refunds, I am sure that will still be a hard date for getting things ordered and what not) to move up to a "more inclusive" level, will it be a major hassle to get upgraded?

I want to say that last year was my first time out.  I had a good time.  I do want to go again, but I guess I would like to know a little more before I pick a level of commitment.

Vaeluur- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

I agree, more details are needed. I am already paying quite a lot for the flight over from Europe, so I would be willing to spend money for the premium stuff if it is worth it.

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
Kela

Master

First let me say I would really like to see your questions answered by an SoE rep. That said I do have a few Assumetions based on the way I read it and would like to know if they are correct. I'll put them in your quote in Green.

Vaeluur-MT wrote:

First, I will say that I am not outraged at the idea of different levels of passes.  It's a way to offer more (swag bag, for example) to those that want it while not running up costs to those that just want to vent to devs or the like.

Now, I have a few questions that are not covered in the FAQ section on the FF site.

1.) "Priority access to special events and registration" Will this include events like seating for the banquet?  I would be willing to pay more in order to not have to sit in the hallway for 4 hours to get a good seat.  I guess I would like to see a breakdown of what this means, and what events are included.  Seperate line for drinks when they have the bar sales going? Again, worth something to me.

Well the GOLD registration said something about a seperate area to pick-up registrations, and in the past SoE did invite "Comunity Contributers" to Fan Faire and give then Specal areas to go to and they got thier badges at a specal earlier reception so my assumetion is that is what the gold people get as far as that is conserned. I am guessing that at the nightly events there will be a velvet rope area where the people that paid extra will have there own drink line and such as well. As far as the Banquit goes there has always been reserved seats for invitees so my guess is again that is what will be given to the people that pay extra.

2.) "Additional Special Fan Faire in-game items for your primary game" Is this going to be a different item from the first, or (using last year's EQ2 item as an example) will I just get two statues per character? I don't see the point of duplicates of the same item, unless it's some crazy effect that stacks (like massive status reduction on a house).  I know you don't normally tell what the items are a head of time, but just knowing that they are different items would be enough, for me at least.

I believe it did accually say that it was a differant item then what is given out to everyone, so I would say that it won't be two Feronia Via's but instead say Feronia Via and Lucian or something for EQ2.

3.) If we pick a lower level access and decide (before the cut off for refunds, I am sure that will still be a hard date for getting things ordered and what not) to move up to a "more inclusive" level, will it be a major hassle to get upgraded?

With the exception of the SWAG goodies who's orders can't be increased I don't think UPGRADING would be a problem as Gold people get everything all other access ranks get and addtional items. Though if they are selling gold access at the door then that means they will have extras and you probly could upgrade all the way upto the start of the event. Downgrading on the other hand would likly have to be cut off when the refund period ends.

I want to say that last year was my first time out.  I had a good time.  I do want to go again, but I guess I would like to know a little more before I pick a level of commitment.

::EDIT::

Changed to a more readable shade of green.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
Shailas

Happy Camper

imrahil_donnergroll wrote:

I agree, more details are needed. I am already paying quite a lot for the flight over from Europe, so I would be willing to spend money for the premium stuff if it is worth it.

Well I feel your pain, as I'm flying in from Japan again.  So it's an expensive proposition to begin with, but for the access pass I'll be getting the highest level available.  The reason being if I'm spending the money to fly across the Pacific for this I'm not going to limit what I have access to at the event for which I just sat on an airplane for 13 hours.  I'll get my savings elsewhere.  Like not going crazy on food and going with a less expensive hotel room etc.

Actually during the banquet when Brenlo was giving away t-shirts for the person who traveled the furthest I was standing up there with two Japanese players (one guy that played MxO and two from the Sebelis server) who told Brenlo they came from Japan.  Which, of course, was pretty obvious since they're Japanese.  He gets to me and I tell him I flew in from Japan, too and he gives me that , "You are so full of $#%!" look.  Even though it was true! (and will be again this year)  Matt_NZ was two or three peple down the line from me he may have seen it.  I did get a t-shirt though.  SMILEY

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
Kela

Master

Shailas wrote:

Well I feel your pain, as I'm flying in from Japan again.  So it's an expensive proposition to begin with, but for the access pass I'll be getting the highest level available.  The reason being if I'm spending the money to fly across the Pacific for this I'm not going to limit what I have access to at the event for which I just sat on an airplane for 13 hours.  I'll get my savings elsewhere.  Like not going crazy on food and going with a less expensive hotel room etc.

Actually during the banquet when Brenlo was giving away t-shirts for the person who traveled the furthest I was standing up there with two Japanese players (one guy that played MxO and two from the Sebelis server) who told Brenlo they came from Japan.  Which, of course, was pretty obvious since they're Japanese.  He gets to me and I tell him I flew in from Japan, too and he gives me that , "You are so full of $#%!" look.  Even though it was true! (and will be again this year)  Matt_NZ was two or three peple down the line from me he may have seen it.  I did get a t-shirt though. 

I remember that part of the Banquet. As for a place to save some money, I found a nice little counter service place in the hallway that links Paris to Bally's. I don't recall its name but it had pizza, Salads and Sandwichs and stuff, and it was like $7.00 for a filling meal(and I am fat so that says something) and it took about 15mins total to go there, eat and get back to the halls. I know that cause I only had about 30 mins to eat befor the next Forum I wanted to attend started and I went there twice, once to eat, and once to show Stuture's where it was, and to get a refill on drink.

Also I heard after the event if you went to Sabaro's on down the stairs and keep the cup they let you refill your drink all day.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
Vaeluur-

Shailas wrote:

Actually during the banquet when Brenlo was giving away t-shirts for the person who traveled the furthest I was standing up there with two Japanese players (one guy that played MxO and two from the Sebelis server) who told Brenlo they came from Japan.  Which, of course, was pretty obvious since they're Japanese.  He gets to me and I tell him I flew in from Japan, too and he gives me that , "You are so full of $#%!" look.  Even though it was true! (and will be again this year)  Matt_NZ was two or three peple down the line from me he may have seen it.  I did get a t-shirt though. 

I'm jealous.  When I was out of the country I never got life to work out quite right to make it back for a FF.  My only claim to fame from last year is that I was sharing a room with the one skinny guy who got a pink shirt/video card.  And yes ladies, he is single now SMILEY

Vaeluur- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Shailas wrote:

True, true... but I would still like to know if actually there ARE 2 items for EQ, given the fact that it felt like EQ was the red-headed step child compared to EQ2 the last 2 years and not even the constant "10 more years" chant for EQ could cover it (eg. check the prices for EQ life quest vs. those for EQ2).

If I pay for the premium thing, I want to KNOW that I get something for it

@Kela: green on grey makes my eyes bleed SMILEY

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:14 AM   #8
Shailas

Happy Camper

I'd call that a reasonable request.  SMILEY  I know I'm looking to see what I'm going to get for my time and money.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #9
Kela

Master

Shailas wrote:

True, true... but I would still like to know if actually there ARE 2 items for EQ, given the fact that it felt like EQ was the red-headed step child compared to EQ2 the last 2 years and not even the constant "10 more years" chant for EQ could cover it (eg. check the prices for EQ life quest vs. those for EQ2).

@Kela: green on grey makes my eyes bleed

Sorry about that, used to the EQ2 forums where Green is more or less the best alt color for the blackish color they use there... i'll change it.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #10
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

I was wondering the same thing.If we have 3500 people with a plat pass...how can we expect those lines VIP or not to be shorter or faster than the other line that might have 1000 people in them?I know SOE tries hard to make everything go smoothly at these conventions,but your gonna have alot of angry people who paid more for thier passes who end up standing in line for hours watching other people breeze right on by.

As for the gift bags...I'm assuming we're going to need to show ID or maybe have our badge scanned to make sure everyone gets one? Last year I saw some people who went up and got 2 and even 3 t-shirts and bag O goodies.

Any word about an off-site party this year? I thought last years was kinda boring...the pool party at the RIO in 2007 was fun but is was so hot...getting a table to sit down at was hard to find.I'm older and alot of the people I attend the FF's with like to be able to sit down,chat and have a few drinks.Its going to be just as hot as it was in 2007...in the 100's.

Also any idea about the breakfest with the Dervs?Dont think we've had that since Atlanta.

I love that this years FF was announced so early...give ya lots of time to plan.I'm excited already and have 5 months to go!

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
mattador

Happy Camper

i would also like to hear a little more about the passes details, or a maybe that some information might be available later if specific details cant be given out at this time would be cool with me.

mattador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
Ashlanne

Project Manager

We will have a lot more details available on the passes when registration opens.  SMILEY

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
mattador

Happy Camper

thanks!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #14
CTBST

Happy Camper

Ashlanne wrote:

We will have a lot more details available on the passes when registration opens.  

The suspense is killing me! Any hint when registration will open?

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #15
Lera

Happy Camper

CTBST wrote:

Soon™.

Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #16
CTBST

Happy Camper

Lera wrote:

CTBST wrote:

Soon™.

I am now at ease  thanks Lera!

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #17
Ake

Registration is now OPEN.

Per the announcement, here is some more info on passes and what you get:

http://events.station.sony.com/fanfaire/index.vm

This year we've expanded our pricing options so you can get the Fan Faire pass that's right for you. For the same low price, you can still get the goodies and the entire weekend of Fan Faire fun that our guests have come to know and enjoy -- but now you can also enhance your Fan Faire experience with even more cool items and special perks!  We're offering Day, Silver, Gold* and Platinum* passes, with prices ranging from just $39** to $139**. No matter which pass you choose, you're sure to enjoy this action-packed event, filled with contests, live tournaments, cool giveaways, developer panels, exhibits, vendors and much more!!***

And we're not done yet! All registered Silver, Gold and Platinum attendees will be entitled to receive a complimentary digital copy of the upcoming 17th EverQuest® expansion pack and the 7th EverQuest® II expansion pack on their primary Station Account (must be present at Fan Faire to receive your entitlement)!

Take a look at all of the in-game items we've got in store for you this year!

Silver and Gold pass holders will receive:

• EverQuest®
    • Lucky Dice – Test your luck with these magical dice wherever you go!
  • EverQuest® II
    • Shroud of the Faithful – Woven to match the steed’s trim, this cloak is made in the style worn by Firiona Vie herself when on horseback!
  • Star Wars Galaxies™
    • Galactic Gathering 2010 in-game house painting – A colorful house painting decoration that celebrates the diversity and creativity of the proud Star Wars Galaxies community! (granted on a one-per-character, no trade basis)
  • Free Realms
    • One Month Membership (from code redemption)
    • 100,000 coin
    • Large Wilds House – 750 Station Cash Value
    • Rocket Ship – Put this rocket in your yard, then click it to blast off!  1,000 Station Cash Value
    • Party Crate – All the items you need for an awesome house party!  700 Station Cash Value
    • Mega Dance Floor – This house item lets you get your groove on!  600 Station Cash Value
    • 100 colored square blocks (10 packs of 10) – Use these blocks to build your own tree fort or add a second story to your house!  1,000 Station Cash Value

Platinum pass holders will receive the items above in addition to the following:

• EverQuest®
    • Bridle of the Alabaster Jungle – Summons the spirit of the ancient king of the Feerrott jungle to serve as your mount!
  • EverQuest® II
    • Skyblade Skiff – Built to support the explorers within the Moors of Ykesha, the skiff now provides a (mostly) stable way to live above the clouds of Norrath! 
  • Star Wars Galaxies™
    • Rebels vs. Imperials Space Battle Hologram – A brazen Rebel assault on an imperial squadron in the Inner Rim Territories results in an explosive space battle captured in this hologram footage! (granted on a one-per-character, no trade basis)
  • Free Realms
    • 400,000 coin
    • Oasis – Use this item to create your own backyard paradise.  800 Station Cash Value
    • Pirate Ship – Sail the seven seas from the comfort of your own backyard!  600 Station Cash Value
    • Stone Head – It talks, it shakes and it sneezes.  Perfect for parties!  400 Station Cash Value
    • Shrinking Head Cauldron – One click on this house item is sure to get some laughs.  100 Station Cash Value
    • Jukebox – Need some new tunes? Click you home jukebox and rock out.  400 Station Cash Value
    • Automatic Head Size Augmenter – One click on this house item is the perfect cure for a shrunken head!  100 Station Cash Value
    • 400 colored square blocks (40 packs of 10) – Use these blocks to build your own tree fort or add a second story to your house!  4,000 Station Cash Value
    • Black Dragon Ride – Show off your cool new ride!  550 Station Cash Value
    • Pink Pegasus Ride – Show off your cute new ride!  550 Station Cash Value

We'll be posting more announcements, schedules and information about the event in the coming weeks, so be sure to check back regularly for updates!

REGISTER TODAY!

*  Supplies are limited for Gold and Platinum passes.  **  Plus applicable taxes. See website for more pass and pricing information. ***Attendees must have a Silver, Gold or Platinum Pass and be 21 years or older with valid identification to attend certain evening events.

Ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #18
Tharkis

Master

Wee, i'm all registered.

Tharkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #19
Shailas

Happy Camper

The sheer amount of stuff that Free Realms customers get over the rest of us is crazy.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #20
Turlach

Happy Camper

Shailas wrote:

The sheer amount of stuff that Free Realms customers get over the rest of us is crazy.

Thats probably because Free Realms doesnt have an expansion people buy. Revenue for the game is all based off of micro transactions and the dollar value associated with Station Cash. Although I do agree that their in game rewards look far more useful than those of the other games SMILEY BTW, what does Planetside, Vanguard etc get?

Turlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #21
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

That page says one thing, but the FAQ seems to imply something else. If you play a few games, would you get those Fan Faire rewards in each game, or only for your primary game?
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #22
Bloodbeard

Haiku Master

Yes,  I'm wondering this also.. I have Station Access, so will I get all the swag and expacs  for all my games?

Bloodbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
Kela

Master

First as to wich games item you will get...

My first year attending(3 years ago) you only got the item for your "primary game", the one you signed up with. Last year and the year befor you got the item for all games that you where a current subscriber between Fan Faire and when they came out. So we will need convermation from SoE officals on wich way they are going this year.

Second as far as the FreeRealms items go, I think part of the reason there are so many is because they are all premade and as such require no addtional cost to develop, and they also give nice advertising for those items to people that did not attend...cause people who didn't attend can ALSO get those items. I can't count the number of people that asked me where I got my Sibilas Robe(from the FF'07) in EQ2, only to dash thier hopes of getting it when I said it was a FF promo. In FreeRealms people can say, "I got it for going to Fan Faire, but you can get it at the Staiton Store if you want".

Third, EQ1 and EQ2 players(and everyone else) is getting a Free expainsion in those games that is an $80 value, the total value of the FreeRealms items is 4550 SC for Silver and 12050 SC for Platinum, again remember these are items that already are developed and that others might buy if they see them in the world.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
Ashlanne

Project Manager

It will be like last year, you will get all of the items if you have an active account for the items available.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #25
Shailas

Happy Camper

Ashlanne wrote:

It will be like last year, you will get all of the items if you have an active account for the items available.

Does that include those of us on Station Pass, or do you have to have an individual subscription to the game?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #26
Kela

Master

Shailas wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Does that include those of us on Station Pass, or do you have to have an individual subscription to the game?

Well sence she said it will be like last year, and last year station pass people got the items for every game they activated, I think it would be save to say that it will be the same this year. Remember, Station Pass does not give you access to all the games, unless you bought them all(or the combo packs with them all).

::EDIT::Oh, and thanks for the quick responce Ashlanne.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #27
Cyliena

SOE Community Council

Ashlanne wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, Ashlanne. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #28
zhouz

SOE Community Council

Shailas wrote:

The sad part is that players that are REALLY into freerealms already HAVE all the stuff they're giving away. None of it is exclusive or unique (not even a uniquely colored mount)

zhouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #29
Bloodbeard

Haiku Master

Ashlanne wrote:

Thank you for the quick answer SMILEY

This will be my first Fan Faire, even though I began EQ1 in August of '99.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Bloodbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #30
mattador

Happy Camper

I was wondering what the vip check in lounge will be like and what the vip events will be?  sounds interesting.