EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #91
Paikis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Arrogant much? Yes, yes. You are the best PvPer in the game.

Dont u play a pred?

Frog earned the right to be arrogant imo. Hes pretty [Removed for Content] pro and has put the time in on his toon. Some people like to drop the word scrub a lot but I think everyone forgot what it means. People that earn their gear are not scrubs, i.e. raid. I started playing chanter 1 month before frog in 06.

I started playing Troubador the day that PvP went live, so i must be the most super-pro troub EVAR! (never mind that the troub doesn't even have 200 AAs yet, I've put in the time dammit! I'm pro!)

Sorry Finks, had to SMILEY

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #92
ChaoticVisions

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You're telling me to L2P, yet I think its pretty obvious that I know how to play a ton better than you or anybody else in FP when I'm out there slaughtering your 50 people with 6?  Interesting point, I'll have to think that one over.

Arrogant much? Yes, yes. You are the best PvPer in the game. Surely no one in Freeport could live up to your 1337 PvP skills. And by the way, it has NOTHING to do with the fact that you only travel in stacked groups and are probably one of the better geared COERCERs on the server.

Keywords being: stacked, geared, and coercer.

It's all skill, baby. No really! It is!

So when Insurrection is out there with a group similar to ours but that has a Troub (lul OP charm), but we are still taking them and the rest of the zerg out, I guess it is all gear (oh wait, they paid 1200$ just to get avatar gear so it cant be that), but wait, our group is stacked (oh wait, there's is just as good and it includes a charm that doesn't take conc slots!), it must be the coercer.  Darn, I guess Coercer is just that game breaking.

Yes yes and when i look at my guild list and see who is out pvping its very rarely mains......so i guess people that dont even have myths that ur fighting agiainst counts as stacked equal groups.

And yeh not much for insurrection pvp it seems and it does sadden me a lil bit. I do miss the days when we rolled out our group but all these players from this group are either not playing, dont pvp anymore, or spread across factions.

And lol @ trilli giving say towards pvp and zerg considering him and his guild of scrubs have been zerging since token release but now that they have had all their gear they are pointing fingers back. Ill let you know trilli that when i did pvp in onyx you were just another white name that got ran over.

Funny. I think there's a whole 8 of us in my guild. Why are we scrubs? Because we don't tackle or even care about the newest NPC encounters in the game? Wee. Your team of 24 people killed that big, bad internet monster! You guys rock! It's more or less a guild of convenience then a guild to be known about.  I play Everquest 2 to PvP and I always have. That's what we do. I only PvE when I have to.

And honestly, who didn't Onyx run over back in those days? I know, I know. It's nothing to do with having the top gear in the game or running in stacked groups. It was all skill. Meanwhile I know of about 3 or 4 Onyx people who even run solo or small group regularly like ... ever.

Zzz. Just go back down into your scary internet dungeon and farm more loot before you're ready to come out and PvP with the big boys.

Oh and btw, I've been an Assassin since PvP launch, too. Never once changed classes. But yes, yes. I'm a noob and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. SMILEY

ChaoticVisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #93
PeaSy1

Loremaster

To burst ur bubble alot of my pvp in onyx was solo or small group. ANd by those days im talking within the last 6 months.
PeaSy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #94
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

It's not zerging when Purity or any other QQs does it, it's tactical reviving... and when QQs reportedly had the numerical advantages prior to merge, it was an acceptable state of affairs for QQs back then.

If you actually bothered looking at ppl's post history you would notice that many players who complain about TG zerg complained about KP docks zerg back in the day (you know when QQs were dominating), or LS zerg.

So no it was not more acceptable before. Do you think it was fun to see 20 Qs run in and roll your target as soon as you engaged something ? Not really tbh...

The zerging got far worse with last LU, but it's in no way a new issue, and it was brought up countless times before.

So stop sounding like "QQs can't handle TG pvp so they whine". You just sound silly now.

To some ppl this kind of massive slaughter heavily one sided is just not fun/interesting (regardless of the side). It was not before and it will probably never be.

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #95
Faenril
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

3 to 1 number advantage?

I still lulz that some people insist on zerging with a 10 to 1 number advantage. I had this rogue zerg me 3 or 4 times last night in 1 fight and I was solo. Id kill him then bam hes back with rev sickness and immunity ticking. It used to be something that had at least a smidge of shame attatched to it but now it seems to be status quo. If you dont zerg your not "sociable" or controlling the area I guess. If I had to zerg someone with a 10 to 1 advantage id probably just call home and camp cause I suck too much and would be ashamed of myself. Whats even funnier is people on here insist that is normal gameplay.

Exactly.

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #96
Fin
Guild: Fortitude

General

Paikis wrote:

I started playing Troubador the day that PvP went live, so i must be the most super-pro troub EVAR!

Beram is the most pro troub evah. Your still my fave tho but berams sister is hot.

Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #97
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Paikis wrote:

I started playing Troubador the day that PvP went live, so i must be the most super-pro troub EVAR!

Beram is the most pro troub evah. Your still my fave tho but berams sister is hot.

Confirmed.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #98
Raznor2

General

Just move the writ givers into the cities then up the ratio on the pvp writs from 6 kills for 5 tokens to say 60 kills for 50 tokens or higher so people don't have to call back every ten minutes.  With no more writ givers to hug in open zones, people will roam around and hunt each other.  You'll see less zerging and get more group on group fights which, in my experience, are fantastic.

~Raznor, Voices Within 

Raznor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #99
seahawk

General

Raznor269 wrote:

Just move the writ givers into the cities then up the ratio on the pvp writs from 6 kills for 5 tokens to say 60 kills for 50 tokens or higher so people don't have to call back every ten minutes.  With no more writ givers to hug in open zones, people will roam around and hunt each other.  You'll see less zerging and get more group on group fights which, in my experience, are fantastic.

~Raznor, Voices Within 

this is the easiest fix and makes the most sense.  Make it happen Sony.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #100
max.power

Loremaster

Raznor269 wrote:

~Raznor, Voices Within 

Hmmm. Yes, it sounds good on paper, but I think that people expect too much from such a change. If people want PvP they'll meet where it's the easiest to get and IMO we will see the "TG crowd" just spread a little between Dreg's Landing (sokokar post/dock), the revive points north of Dreg's, the TG revive points and the druid ring.

I don't see why people who are looking for fights would go to Fens, JW, KJ... other than hunting solo/small group questers.

max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #101
MokiCh

General

Raznor269 wrote:

~Raznor, Voices Within 

Actually, what would happen is people still zerg each other to get their 60 kills and once they finish the writ (shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get 60 kills) they'll go run a zone until they can get another writ.

Emai - Ranger.

Nagafen.
MokiCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #102
Raznor2

General

Well, during KoS people roamed around.  There were a few bottlenecks and the cloud hopping was a pain but Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky and Bonemire all got used.

But for arguments sake, let's say the writ givers do get moved to the city and writs are made longer, and after that both sides still pile on top of one another in one zone.  The question then becomes, "What can be done to give players incentive to pvp in all the different open zones?"

One idea maybe to create territory control through a capture the flag type of scenario.  Say KP has a few territory flags, the docks, terren's grasp, kunzar's edge, the quest givers by the hulking brutes and Highton.  At each spot there's a flag for either Q's or Freeps and a triple up guard protecting it.  In order to take the flag an opposing faction has to one: defeat the guard and two: not be engaged in pvp combat.  Also, have the eq2 map show who controls what territories, have zone wide alarms when one is under attack and add some achievements related to capturing and holding territories.  This will make it so people spread out to capture and control the lands in Norrath.  One thing to keep in mind is controlling these areas does not need to have some tangible bonus for holding them, they can be ornamental bonuses, like pvp titles or achievements.

~Raznor, Voices Within

Raznor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #103
Chia_Pet

Loremaster

The real problem regardless of opinion, is that there is simply no new content spread out among multiple new zones. the PvP of RoK has slowly disapated because theres no reason for people to go to JW, or KJ or Fens...if ya want PvP ya go to one central location because nobody is out questing anymore.

Most people have maxed out thier AA's, or run grey shard zones to get easy AA and shards. so they arent out in the wild doing open zone quests. Its very simple, regardless of what solution anyone comes up with based around a writ, lackthereof, or placenment of such, is irrelevant, because theres no reason to spread out in the zones when all theres left is PvP....

Chia_Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:22 AM   #104
Dorsan
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

We freeps are supposed to zerg. After all wasn't it Lucan D'Lere himself the greatest zerger of them all?

Quote:

Many believed he had become bound to his flesh by the curse of an evil god. It is said that during his early rise to power and descent from grave, many fought him and saw him die, only to see his body and bones reform form the earth. Although many may regarded this as a curse, it is said that Lucan may consider it a gift.

source: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Overlord_Lucan_D%27Lere