EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Performance Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
WizzyNuke

Journeyman

Hey, ever since I started playing again I've noticed a lot of flickering going on. mostly in trees which I got over, but it's happening with certain items in the guild hall, and certain npc's. It's really getting annoying. my system is Intel DP45SG Extreme Series board, Core 2 Duo e6850 3.0Ghz dual core cpu, 8GB DDR3 dual channel ram, 650 w XFX psu, XFX Radeon HD 6870 GPU.

I've got the latest drivers/updates for everything, and tried messing around with the game display options but nothing is helping it. The only thing I can think of is that my gpu is the only computer part I bought off ebay, and maybe I got a not-so-good card? My Gpu works fine for everything else, so I'm really puzzled on this.

WizzyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

WizzyNuke wrote:

Hey, ever since I started playing again I've noticed a lot of flickering going on. mostly in trees which I got over, but it's happening with certain items in the guild hall, and certain npc's. It's really getting annoying. my system is Intel DP45SG Extreme Series board, Core 2 Duo e6850 3.0Ghz dual core cpu, 8GB DDR3 dual channel ram, 650 w XFX psu, XFX Radeon HD 6870 GPU.

I've got the latest drivers/updates for everything, and tried messing around with the game display options but nothing is helping it. The only thing I can think of is that my gpu is the only computer part I bought off ebay, and maybe I got a not-so-good card? My Gpu works fine for everything else, so I'm really puzzled on this.

Video card isn't overclocked is it?

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
WizzyNuke

Journeyman

No, nothing is or has ever been overclocked.

WizzyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

WizzyNuke wrote:

No, nothing is or has ever been overclocked.

Reason I asked that is because I had flickering on a card I tried overclocking.  Since you have a Radeon card you might try the newer beta 12.9 Catalyst drivers.  

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/am...eta_dotnet4.exe

Also, be sure that the card is not flickering in other games.  If it is then it may be a sign either the monitor is having issues or your card may have a capacitor ready to go poof.  Rare, but it happens.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

WizzyNuke wrote:

Whoa, I'm sorry you're experiencing flickering issues in the game. I'd recommend making sure your video card is properly cooled and not overheating. I'd also clean the area for possible dust build up. This can cause the video card to really heat up and create problems like this. Please let me know if this fixes your issue!

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote