EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #31
Tyrsei

Historian

[email protected] wrote:

2004 was such a long time ago I guess I forgot it had that ability (and truth be told, don't ever recall it having that ability) ... lol, I was certain I had stumbled onto something, but guess not.

I hope they get this figured out soon,for a game that's been out 7+ yrs you would think the server stability would be better.

Tyrsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #32
Felshades

Loremaster

IDK, AB was pretty bad for several years...

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #33
thesiren

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

IDK, AB was pretty bad for several years...

Well, yeah, before it got Vanguard's old hardware it crashed constantly for the better part of a year.  But both Freeport and Nagafen (as well as Crushbone) have gotten that exact hardware too (Naggy and CB got upgraded when AB did).

I also think it has to do with the Vox/Naggy merger and Bazaar/Freeport merger.  Old DBs merging into newer servers, and poof, servers go boom.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #34
Meditatious
Server: Kithicor

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

I also think it has to do with the Vox/Naggy merger and Bazaar/Freeport merger.  Old DBs merging into newer servers, and poof, servers go boom.

It's certainly possible some inconsistency in the merged data is causing something within the server infrastructure to crash.  If that's the case, it may not be easy to find.

Meditatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #35
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Tyrsei wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Here's my stab in the dark with absolutely  no facts to back me up theory:

Older zones in Shattered Lands do not have the ability to make more than 1 version of themselves -- like Atonica 1, Atonica 2, etc. like we have in Halas and newish zones like BBM.

With the influx of players out exploring, some of these older zones reach capacity and kaboom. Server goes down.

That's my theory.

The older zones had that ability at launch,I remember being in antonica 2,3.The capability is there unless they changed it.

Well.... a bit after launch it was added.   Originally the zones didn't have a player limit.   They added the limit to reduce crashing of the server.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #36
arthemis1er

Lord

If people were actually questing to reach level 90 and start DoV, there would be no need of double xp end...

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #37
Tyrsei

Historian

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Tyrsei wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Here's my stab in the dark with absolutely  no facts to back me up theory:

Older zones in Shattered Lands do not have the ability to make more than 1 version of themselves -- like Atonica 1, Atonica 2, etc. like we have in Halas and newish zones like BBM.

With the influx of players out exploring, some of these older zones reach capacity and kaboom. Server goes down.

That's my theory.

The older zones had that ability at launch,I remember being in antonica 2,3.The capability is there unless they changed it.

Well.... a bit after launch it was added.   Originally the zones didn't have a player limit.   They added the limit to reduce crashing of the server.

I remember multi instances within days or a week of launch date.The crashing of some zones I was in was mostly the 1st day or 2.My first character was in Antonica 2.That was my point.

Tyrsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #38
Starbuck1771

Loremaster

Arcturys wrote:

PieDog wrote:

This is the worst I have ever seen.  I've never been on a server that went down so much and that I've been logged off of soooo much.

EQ1 was pretty bad too. There were times we went through a lot worse than this with the servers going up and down. EQ2 hasn't been too bad, but this is getting worse. Not as bad as last February, but I haven't seen it this bad since then.

I guess you didn't play SWG. Bria did it in the old days and just before the end Starsider did it because boneheads didn't think about what they were doing and over populated the servers. Sounds like the same situation here.

My advice would be for some of you to transfer off freeport to lighten the load otherwise you just have to live with it.

Starbuck1771 is offline   Reply With Quote