EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
Kaitheel

Developer

Welcome to Chaos Descending beta!

The "Elements of Destruction" signature quest line begins with a mail sent to your level 110 character, entitled "Official Summons of Justice". If you miss the mail, Jerol in the Village of Shin will help you out!

Please post all feedback and bugs you encounter during the "Elements of Destruction" signature quests in this thread. Doing so will help to ensure they are seen and examined by the correct developer, and get the best chance of being resolved.

Be sure to include:
  • Quest name
  • Quest giver name
  • Current quest journal entry
  • Any other details pertaining to the issue you are encountering

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Monstuhr

Has anyone gotten past the first Plane of Fire zone? I have killed all the nameds I think. I ended on a giant named Pyrefist. Got a message about it "heating up" but can't seem to find anything to update the sig line.
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 AM   #3
Leed

Elements of Destruction: Visitation Day takes you to the Plane of Justice jail cells, and while in there you can collect components and craft 'Planar Web Shackles' but then the sentry of justice is immune to it's effects so it seems there is no current use for the item. Perhaps it is meant to be in a later version of the zone (assuming you go back again since Tayil N'Velex is in another jail cell, has a quest feather, but none of the dialog options with her results in anything) and accidentally appears for you the first time you go in there even though you can't use it yet?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
elkhan

So do I, I tried a lot of things to actually see the end boss across the island just next the first tower on the left at zoning. It seems to be a ventilator on the ground to port you there but it doesn't work ... so seems buggy.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #5
Whilhelmina

Elements of destruction: Pursuit of Justice
Maelyn Starpyre

step : meditate in the Grand Librarian office

I gathered bark, placed it and didn't see any meditation sparks. Obviously, I was in the North Wing Shaks and not at all in the Office which is the the south side of the mezzanine. It's not intuitive at all to place the bark so far down then climb all the way up to meditate. I assumed the bark was a distraction while I meditate.
Could you give additionnal cues as to the fact that the two locs are not at all in the same area?
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
Leisher

Elements of Destruction - Flame/Gusts/Layers/Waves of order - Need to cleanse a gem / stone in each zone after gathering the 19 items from body drops, quest says that they are located at a high point of the zone to update it, searched everywhere can't find them
Old 10-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #7
Leisher

would like to correct my last post, completed Flame/Gusts of order, but Layers of order in Council's Stronghold, I'm at the location but its under the floor and cant click to update
Old 10-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #8
Uncle

Elements of destruction: Visitation day

step : Craft Planar webbed Shackels

for an adventure quest The time to craft this item is way way way way too long.. i can see the long craft time if on the crafting sig line but for adventure should not be any longer then 30 sec.. not the 4 minutes it took me

Uncle
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #9
Pidz

Elements of Destruction: Visitation Day
Quellious
Find Druzzil Ro

There is no infos in the chat and on-screen when the carbonite cell key, mithril cell key and Planar Web Shackles recipe are collected.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #10
Pioneer

[110] Elements of Destruction: Shadow Casting in the Dark(Heroic)
Fathad Zastim isimpossible to kill there
Yes, i have even 890 resolve
Old 10-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #11
Bardonio

Yes leed. Further along the Signature line you are required to head back into justice zone and create the web shackle to use on the names in there who drops the key to open the cell in order to talk to the dark elf to update the quest then zone into the isle of vuul. Sleepy now. More by weeks end maybe? also, I didn’t not see any lever in doomfire solo. Maybe I was too tired? Fresh eyes on it in a few days if this thread isn’t updated by then.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:01 AM   #12
Kaitheel

Developer

With tomorrow's Beta update you should find the following changes:

SIGNATURE QUESTS
  • Elements of Destruction: Pursuit of Justice - Meditating is now more intuitive for groups.
  • Elements of Destruction: Starpyre's Flames - Gathering the hypostatic oil and the silver runes of obeisance are now a group update.
ZONE - Plane of Justice
  • Gathering items in zone now results in messages.
  • carbonite cell key - A replacement can be found in zone if lost.
  • mithril cell key - A replacement can be found in zone if lost.
  • justicarium cell key - Item is now No-Zone. A replacement can be found in zone if lost.
  • feyiron cell key - Item is now No-Zone. A replacement can be found in zone if lost.
  • a Sentry of Justice is no longer immune and will attack invaders.
More changes and bug fixes to come!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-11-2018, 01:06 AM   #13
Kaitheel

Developer

There was some issues with the progression through "Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Heroic]". Kander is tracking them and attending them over in the "Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Heroic] [Solo]" thread.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-11-2018, 01:32 AM   #14
Kaitheel

Developer

Considering that the two steps specify different room names in the quest directions, I think a zone map will help this issue, a lot. That way when you see it says, "Meditate in the Grand Librarian's Office" you'll know if you're in the right room or not.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #15
Kaitheel

Developer

That should have been resolved with the Beta update this morning. Let me know if it this is not the case!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-11-2018, 01:34 AM   #16
Kaitheel

Developer

I edited some of the quest journal text to better fit. It should be in with tomorrow's Beta update.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #17
Amefe

NM just needed to say that then found the book
Old 10-11-2018, 02:14 AM   #18
Pheidra

Elements of Destruction: Shadow Casting in the Dark
Plane of Justice: Balgros has a relatively high resolve buff (890 - I do know the new gear has a ton of resolve). With 893 resolve it still took me about 7 minutes to kill him
Bellengere's Dark Spire: Fathid Zastim won't seem to take any damage and hits extremely hard
Old 10-11-2018, 02:18 AM   #19
Pidz

Elements of Destruction: Starpyre's Flames
Maelin Starpyre
Place a rune on the mural symbol for the Plane of Air/Smoke/Lava/Earth/Mud/Water/Fog

The runes do not appear when they are placed on the mural symbol of the planes.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:32 AM   #20
Bardonio

I find that the web shackle doesn’t work at all. There is no root that takes place when casting the item. I’ve died countless times and can not pass this step. Even with 998.9 resolve I can get him down to 64% then he just kills me. Signature line shadow step in justice solo. Sorry
Old 10-11-2018, 04:15 AM   #21
Leisher

Elements of Destruction Layers of Order - (Cleanse the Thudos Corestone) after the 19 body update kills. I reset the zone to see if that would fix it, still the same issue, click update is under the floor, or there's no mouse over option at all
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #22
Poetic_Justice

[110] Elements of Destruction: Shadow Casting in the Dark(Heroic)
Balgros

I'm stuck at this mob too and its very frustrating. I spoke to a few friends that didn't have a problem but I'm over 890 and he is still killing me in three hits.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #23
Minimme

Elements of destruction: Pursuit of Justice. Worm that showed up after meditation decreased mana to 0 instantly and killed 2 conjes from my guild. They are both in raiding gear from PoP. Yesterady one of them killed worm on monk wihtout any problem.What to do? how can they kill this worm?
Old 10-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #24
Rougad

Fathad Zastim on isle of vul… Like so many others I can't even get 1% off his Health and he does insane damage (im at 922 resolve).
Devs please remember that the signature line will for most players be the first thing we do and most likely something we will have to do in our old gear. You can't have the difficulty set so high that we need the new heroic or even raid gear!
Old 10-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #25
Bardonio

Yeah so I would like to know how people are advancing through the elements of destruction shadow casting quest. The names in the solo zone doesn’t seem to be difficult yet as a summoner I’m not understanding this encounter. There doesn’t seem to be anything special about him except that it takes incredible amounts of dps to kill him. Dps is not my issue however 998 resolve would seem to work. No merc in zone. Am I missing something? I realize it’s beta and that people are passed this quest already. I’ve never had an issue in beta before so curious about this one named and his mechanics/resolve check.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #26
Khimaira

The bookworm just about insta-killed my Fury after it drained all mana (in free gear plus some quest upgrades). As an FYI, I have yet to venture out of the library on quests so if there is some magic bullet item out there to make this doable, I haven't found it yet.

For me, there was absolutely no time to do anything in response to the attack:

Meditating, Attacked, Mana Drain/Dead, Merc Killed within a second or so.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:39 PM   #27
Thilka

The mob has the buff that kills anyone not protected by Fount of Power, but you can't activate Fount of Power in that zone.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
Khimaira

Grouped up (full group) and was able to kill it, but no one got the update. Looks like the quest then broke - could no longer meditate or click the book to spawn the worm. A new person joined the group and was able to spawn the worm. Killed it and got the update.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #29
Bardonio

Nvm. He is dead now. Onto vul only to find the same thing regarding the names in there. Cannot damage him. Ok, moving on to other quests for bugs etc.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #30
Leed

Lore/text:
Elements of Destruction: Pure Adventure

When I return to Maelin after completing Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers the text choice I have the ability to say to him is 'Absolutely! It's defenses seem to have been weakened. Elementals from other planes were there!'

My first thought was - hey, that's a bald faced lie, I may barely know this guy Maelin but there's no reason to lie like that.

In Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Solo] everything you fight is fire based mobs (or at least their graphics make them all appear fire based). Was there suppose to be a wind/ice/air or some other kind of elemental in Doomfire? Seems odd to tell Maelin elementals from other planes were in there when all the mobs in the zone seemed pretty solidly doomfire/fire based.