EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
Vulking

Loremaster

These are not fighter skill and thus should be taken away from Monks.
Red Two: "There too close!.....ahhhhhhghh!!"
Vulking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:08 AM   #2
Nerill

Loremaster

T-R-O-L-L

[Removed for Content]

:smileyvery-happy:

Equipment
Nerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:13 AM   #3
Vulking

Loremaster

lol, and these skills allow you to tank in what way?

Message Edited by Hammarus on 12-03-2005 04:21 PM

Old 12-04-2005, 03:56 AM   #4
Lunah

Loremaster

Sigh....each tank class has something the others dont. Oh and SK's get evac and feign but I dont see you saying nerf them. Give up on the brawler hate already, if you think those abilities alone make us better then other fighters that is your opinion. Personally it adds a bit of flavor that is all.
Lunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:24 AM   #5
Parrot665

Loremaster

Personally I don't care about invisibilty - it has it's ups and downs, but I prefer a totem most of the time.  Take away Feign Death from monks? pfft

In EQ1 feign death was THE class-defining skill of monks.  EQ2 is a different game, and I don't think we have any skill that could be considered "Class Defining" - a while back you could say our stifles and stuns, etc. helped define us on a raid, but that's a thing of the past. For now FD is a nice utility skill that I mostly use to help get a group or raid back on it's feet when things go bad as they often do. Is it a game-breaking skill? NO

Go troll elsewhere.

Genoshen
Blackburrow Monk
Parrot665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:41 AM   #6
TheRealMo

General

Hammarus wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:
Moonmouse - 70 Ratonga Defiler
Shadow Syndicate
Najena
TheRealMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:20 AM   #7
Lareal

Loremaster

Sorry But I have to agree with him. Let's not stop at Invis and FD though, lets get rid of Mend. And all spell like skills for Pali's/SK's. No Lay of Hands, no Harm Touch, No Evac, No Rezzes. Then Let's take all fighting skills from the Healing and Mage classes. Come to think of it, Why should a Bard get the other scout DPS skills? I mean they are musicians, let limit them to playing background music. Oh And what's with Healing classes getting damaging spells? I mean COME ON!!! So let's see what we have left: Fighter(Archetype only, no subclasses, all should fight the same) Healer(Limited to heals only, No nukes, speed buffs, melee skills, etc) Mage (Limited to Nuke only) Scout(DPS and Track only) Bard( for background Music) Sounds good, let's start a petition.
Lareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:24 AM   #8
x0rtrun

General

Uncalled for. From the look of his posting history this is just par for the course for this guy. Posts like this are contrary to the message boards rules of conduct. Please let this thread die by not posting to it anymore.

Message Edited by x0rtrunks on 12-03-2005 04:29 PM

Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #9
Miya111

Loremaster

Hammarus wrote:

In accordance with the Forums rules of conduct, please just move along troll:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=rules&message.id=20#M20

Furthermore, you may NOT:

Troll the forums. "Trolling" is defined as: Posting with the intent of stirring up trouble or to incite disruption. An example of trolling would be posting to a thread without the intent to provide constructive suggestions or comments and instead making disruptive comments.

Message Edited by Miya111 on 12-03-2005 10:23 PM

Miya111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #10
DyeHa

Sorry...but I just HAD to reply (never know what misguided soul might happen across this post and take it to heart)

As I have stated before, we are a HYBRID. What does that mean? We do less damage and take more damage then the other 2 subclasses in out line. But we get more UTILITY. Examples: Scouts. Rangers do WAY more damage then swashies, and Assassins do too. BUT Swashies get utility. We get Mez, Evac, invisi, Group invisi, tracking, and a pretty neat 10-15 second root CA. Tanks? Lets try Shadowknights...another HYBRID class. Do more damage then a zerker? debateable. Tank better then a guardian/zerker? LOL No way. We do Decent DPS compared to guards/zerks, and tank less. BUT, we get UTILITY. Pet, Evac, FD, horse, Harm touch/lay of hands,and heals/wards. Casters? Summoner is a HYBRID. They get: PET, Invisi, and Heals (for pet). Healers? Druids are HYBRIDS. Why?? A healer should only be able to HEAL and buff right? But their UTILITY? SoW, group invisi, Evac, Offensive shields? Illusionists? you guessed it...not a wizzy or warlock..so they are HYBRIDS. UTILITY? Invisi, group invisi, mez, mez and use enemies as pets, Pets, illusions, Breeze.

Pure classes: Guard/Zerker   Wizzy/Warlock   Ranger/Assassin   Templar/inquisitor

HYBRIDS:      Monk/Bruiser   Illusion/Coercer   Swashy/Brigand    Fury/Warden

HYBRIDS:      Pally/SK          Sum/Necro          Bard/Dirge              Defiler/Mystic

What are hybrids? Offshoots of PURE classes. What are PURE classes? Classes oriented towards 1 goal only. Guard/Zerk?= Take Damage and manage AGRO

Wizzy/Warlock? PURE DPS and Debuffs, Ranger/Assassin? DPS/Debuff, and Templar/Inquisi? HEAL/BUFF/REZ

Your not crying nerf on traits when you posted your message....you were in reality, crying nerf on HYBRID classes in saying what you said...lol...silly wabbit..

DyeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:57 PM   #11
Knocky

Loremaster

Invisiblity? [Removed for Content]?!?!? When do I get to become invisible?   o_0
Knocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #12
Gaige

Loremaster

Lvl 24.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:30 AM   #13
modofan

Loremaster

/laugh
Grenae 22 shadow knight
kwikfish 24 swashbuckler
modofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
Balmore

Loremaster

We don't invis, hun!We walk like the soft wind that passes without being noticed! SMILEY  -- Martial Arts!We drain power for being so quiet! SMILEY
Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #15
Balmore

Loremaster

Forgot to add * no lip sync'ing * .. SMILEY
Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #16
Anjin

Loremaster

Hammarus has now entered the Top of the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] chart at number 3.  Numbers 1 and 2 remain unchanged as Nosewarts and Magus' respectively.

Anjin

Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #17
Vulking

Loremaster

Hahahaha, just a little taste of what the guard boards put up with pre and post LU13. LOL
Old 12-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #18
MoonglumHMV

Loremaster

/sarcasm on

Yeah, I can't count he number of threads that were started by Monks in the Guardian forum with the title of "Nerf Guardians to HeII and back".

/sarcasm off

Ziofan - 36 Dwarf Fury

Peski 33 Ogre Coercer

Theleb 24 Dark Elf Warlock

Moonglum 24 Iksar Brigand

Moonfire 12 Sarnak Berserker

Moonfyst 19 Ratonga Bruiser
MoonglumHMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #19
Cuz

Loremaster

Hammarus wrote:
Hahahaha, just a little taste of what the guard boards put up with pre and post LU13. LOL

Your stupidity? Poor guards...

one immature posted

------------------------------------------------------------
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #20
Veshtan

Loremaster

Being a Guard...i can sorta sympathize with the OP's wanting to lash out...but this is kind of meaningless.  I mean....taking that away is only going to [Removed for Content] Monk's off...it's not really going to change anything for Guards...nor is it going to change how Monk's can tank since neither of those abilities affects tanking in any way.  Of course, since it's obvious he was wanting to troll, i'm sure his only intent was to make people upset.

It is an interesting thought though...i'm not saying it should be...i think it fits well with what one would think of a monk being able to do...but since SOE has chosen to define monks as a fighter class, giving them the ability to tank as well as Guards on most occasions, it hardly seems fair to give them an ability (at least for the invisibility portion) that one would normally assign casters.  In the end, it really doesn't matter, because as those above have pointed out, these two things, while being class defining in EQ1, are really only fluff for EQ2.  They may help you avoid the occasional death while soloing or make it easier to get from point A to point B, but it's hardly going to determine whether a group chooses you to tank, and that's where all the arguments lay on the Guard boards anyway.

Oh..and thanks Gaige...my monk is almost 24...so soon i'll be able to blend in as well...nice :smileyhappy:

Veshtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #21
Gaige

Loremaster

Well considering guardians and every other class can invis now, the only thing you need is a FD potion, eh?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #22
Lintr

Lol honestly, i would rather use totems than to waste power on my self invis.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:21 AM   #23
Raijinn

Community Relations

Shutting this thread down as we don't want to start a flame war here.