EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
QandA

Elder

How do I work up disarm trap.  I'm level 70 and just noticed I have it when I opened a chest recently and got a skill up.  Does it come automatically or am I suppose to make a point of using it?  If so how? 

QandA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Sydares

Loremaster

It's automatic whenever you try to open a chest. Until you're close to the highest skill for your level, chests will explode in your face pretty regularly - don't sweat it, though. The explosions aren't very harmful, just annoying.

Sydares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Gladiolus

Loremaster

Unless things have changed considerably, the explosions are harmful and can kill you. I remember battling long and hard to kill a mob in the sewers, only to have his chest kill me. It was a painful lesson but I never forgot again to first heal and then open the chest.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Ranja

Loremaster

Gladiolus wrote:

Unless things have changed considerably, the explosions are harmful and can kill you. I remember battling long and hard to kill a mob in the sewers, only to have his chest kill me. It was a painful lesson but I never forgot again to first heal and then open the chest.

at low levels (sewers) yes they can kill. At higher levels, they are just annoying.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Neiloch

Loremaster

Definitely won't kill you if you have full health. If you're in the red though you could have some problems hehe.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #6
gdawg311

Loremaster

lol, even at 80 ive had exquisites kill group members with low hp, its funny as hell when it happens tho, u almost want it to lol

gdawg311 is offline   Reply With Quote