EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-19-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
Vulking

Loremaster

This has gone on for long enough. The  in-combat bug caused by pets still remains unfixed, and i fail to see it getting fixed.  As a compromise i suggest putting the pets on insta-cast timers

that is all
Red Two: "There too close!.....ahhhhhhghh!!"
Vulking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Ryugu

Loremaster

it would be very unfair, in PvP and PvEyour pet died? Oh no, recast it,  good as new!
Ryugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Ebjelen

Loremaster

Um ,yeah. Which pet bug? I haven't noticed one that's so inconvenient as to warrant such a change.

The only measure of success here is fun.
Ebjelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
Roriondesexiest

Loremaster

I assume the OP is talking about the one where you remain in combat after the fight is over.  This is extremely annoying in raids when you have multiple people with pets...

Roriondesexiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #5
Rijacki

Tester

dalessit wrote:I assume the OP is talking about the one where you remain in combat after the fight is over.  This is extremely annoying in raids when you have multiple people with pets...

But, as I found out with my fae illusionist, just dropping the pet and recasting it doesn't necessarily get you out of the combat lock.  So, an instant recast on pets most likely wouldn't make a difference anyway.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
matsumuri

Lord

I agree, this is one of a whole bunch of summoner class bugs that have existed in EQ2 for a long time without any announced plan to fix.  But this one is by far the most annoying.  It's bad enough the pet is a 10 second cast summon.  But you then have to completely rebuff him, and judging on the AA path you went, this can come close to 7+ buffs sometimes.So yeah, going through that every time an encounter ends and half the raid / group is stuck in combat.... blows.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
matsumuri

Lord

Oh, fix the diety quest pets for summoners too.  Right now, Conjurors (and probably Necros) are getting screwed if they went with Sol Ro.  That +28 the pet gives you we can't even utilize, b/c if youre primary pet dies during an encounter, the diety pet bugs your combat window, and it remains up.  Therefore, you have to cancel the diety pet during the fight, lose an important +28 INT, or else he overrides your primary pet combat window when you resummon your main pet.  I can't tell you what a headache this is during the heat of battle in raids.  You have to just accept that if you use a primary pet (or a buff pet probably too) as a class.... you're getting jipped out of also having yoru quested diety pet along for the ride.  =(
Old 11-30-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
Princess Ivy

Loremaster

If you don't know what the OP is talking about, why bother posting here? I raid nearly 7 nights a week as a necromancer. There are two others in my guild, which are normally on every raid as well. It doesn't happen every fight, but about 60% of the time, one of the pets will become bugged and the necro will have to re-summon, re-buff, etc. Not only does it cause others in the group to be unable to regen power as they need to on a raid, but it also ends up cutting down on the Necro's DPS abilities and makes them look bad, or causes the entire raid to have to wait if that's how they choose to do it. What's very odd about this bug is between the three necros I speak of, only one of them ended up with the bug 98% of the time. VERY RARELY did the other two get that bug, and when they did, it was usually only when the first necro wasn't there or whatever. So this poor guy has to recast his pet almost every fight. My guildmates even have a macro key to tell him to kill his pet, it's so bad. This was all BEFORE the updates, and nothing has changed there. In fact, it's become worse. This still occurrs the same percentages of the time during raids, but it will also happen randomly when nobody is engaged. We'll be standing there talking about the upcoming encounter, and suddenly group two will go into combat. That's [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing annoying as all hell. "Oh well, recast your pet" you say? When you have to recast your pet and give it 10 buffs after every fight, you'll figure out really quick what a pain in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] it is. As a matter of fact, in some of the easier raid instances, in the time it takes a necro to recast and rebuff a pet, the encounter is just about over. So in that case, the necro was useless, and the only other option is to not use a pet.  ....And in case you missed the point in my last sentence, what good is a necro on a raid without a pet? We're only half of what we're meant to be, in that case, and that's not how the game is supposed to be, else why would necros be there at all? So for the millionth time, please fix this bug. It's ruining your game for at LEAST one class of dedicated players. And those of you who are still clueless/don't care... Don't waste your time. =)
Princess Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:28 AM   #9
Smudgy67

Lord

I've noticed this bug happens when a shaman is in my group too.
Smudgy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #10
nadym

Loremaster

I think ive heard they will fix our problem with pets in Everquest 3 ...
nadym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:45 PM   #11
Razorbak

Loremaster

Something I have found helps alot with this is to turn the pet autoattack off.   The second you summon the pet, disable the auto attack options (easiest way is just to tell your pet to follow).  Yes, it can be a little annoying to have to tell your pet to attack each target once one is dead, but it seems to avoid the pet combat lock bug.  For those who don't know what is happening, it seems to be based on the fact that the pet sometimes stays locked in combat with a corpse and keeps trying to auto engage it.  Even if you call the pet back to you, it still has the corpse on the combat list and once it gets bugged with trying to auto attack a corpse, even disableing auto attack doesn't help.  The only thing that seems to help me when i have the problem is to turn auto attack off immediately when pet is summoned.
Razorbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
Princess Ivy

Loremaster

Personally, I ALWAYS turn off auto-attack and auto-defend after I summon my pet, before I even continue with the buffs. I can't afford for something to go worng in a raid and something to AOE and my pet take off after it and break mez or something that could risk wiping the raid. I turn it off in case of PVP as well - if I know I have no chance of winning against someone or a group, I'm not engaging and I'm running like a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. =P So that's two definite ways the auto-attack and auto-defend can screw something up. And I can tell you right now that has absolutely jack [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] to do with the bug. It happens regardless.
Princess Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #13
Magic

General

After reading posts about this problem, and having several pet alts myself, maybe the simplest workaround would be to have SOE make all pets spawn in non-auto-attack and non-self-defend mode.  Or, if this isn't too much work, make the next pet spawn with the identical settings of the last one when it died.  How does everyone feel about either idea?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #14
Ebarel

Loremaster

I'd say fix the bug and dont try any workarounds that will create more bugs.
Ebarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #15
Vulking

Loremaster

For the record as the OP, the specific pet bug I'm talking about is the locked in combat bug. It occurs at the end of a round of combat with mobs, because of pets.
Red Two: "There too close!.....ahhhhhhghh!!"
Vulking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #16
Mistmoore-Milaga

Loremaster

Hammarus wrote:
For the record as the OP, the specific pet bug I'm talking about is the locked in combat bug. It occurs at the end of a round of combat with mobs, because of pets.
This one is easily avoidable. Have all pet owners turn off "protect me" and "protect yourself". If everyone does this before the fight it won't happen again.
Mistmoore-Milaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
Errie_Tholluxe

Loremaster

Milaga wrote:

Hammarus wrote:
This one is easily avoidable. Have all pet owners turn off "protect me" and "protect yourself". If everyone does this before the fight it won't happen again.

Wrong. It still happens.