EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Respox

Loremaster

I'm posting this in hopes of finding someone who may be hiding out, but motivated enough to create a new level-locking guild on AB.  I'm a returning player - played on release and was one of the first 50s, but quit shortly after.  I came back to a PvP server when DoF was released, and played halfway into KoS.  Unfortunately I spent all of my time PvPing (which was tons of fun but did not allow me to experience all of the raids that EQ2 has to offer.

From the time I level'd my first 50 to the time I quit halfway into KoS, i've always wished I could have experienced all of the raid mobs, seen all the unique loot, etc that this game has to offer.  I realize that raiding with AA's etc now would make everything easy, but it would still be fun to level up and experience *all* of the raid content this game has to offer.  This means starting at lvl 20 with BSV, and ending at wherever the current content lies.

Another guild already did (is still doing?) this, which is what inspired the thought.  Their post is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513812.  They went as far as blocking out AA usage, among many other things.  

I was also able to find a Raid Timeline on eq2wikia: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Raid_Timeline, which makes the process much easier.  I would lead this myself, but I don't have the time at the moment and am hoping this can inspire someone else to put it all together!

92 Berserker - Antonia Bayle
Respox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

I have dabbled over the months with characters and locking my self up to check out all the zones for certain levels.  Sadly with other RL and officer commitments there is no way I could do this.  But good luck!

Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Yimway

Loremaster

Good luck indeed.

Its something that I think could be fun, but when I look at the challenges of getting enough players to have 2-4 groups to work level locked progression content, its a difficult thing to do.

The biggest issue is finding the players that can both meet a common schedule, as well as be content with all going at the same speed.

But I wish you luck, and update if you get things rolling, and particularly if you set a schedule, as its something I'm atleast interested in, but being able to commit between everything else may be very difficult for me.