EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Shyne

Lord

Not sure if it is just me or not, but 12+ hours killing trash and all I am seeing are wooden treasure chests. Have a friend that has been killing trash in various zones as well for roughly 16 hours and all they are seeing are the wooden treasure chests as well..has something been broken, bugged or changed?

Have been killing in Eastern wastes, Great divide, Research halls, ToFS (group zone), Withered lands, Skyshrine contested and instances amongst other zones and not 1 single random exquisite chest...even the named seem to be dropping ornates most of the time...Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if so..could we get it looked into please? Thanks.

This is on the Freeport server by the way

Old 08-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Novusod

Loremaster

I have noticed this ever since the GU hit. Before GU64 I used to get 3 to 4 trash exquisites every run through CD and Lyceum. Now most runs I don't get any. I haven't seen not seen fabled legs drop off trash since the GU and I have been farming pretty religiously for the last 3 weeks. I estimate there has been a 90% nerf to trash drops in Sky Shrine.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Shyne

Lord

I am just talking about since saturday night/sunday morning onward I have been noticing this.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Finora

Tester

I didn't do any high level stuff but Skyshrine solo missions today, but in Shimmering Citadel my warlock walked away from a couple of the ring events with multiple master chests just from the trash that comes before the named.

Some change with high level drop rates? =( Maybe due to the ethereal weapon thing?

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Shyne

Lord

This appears to still be an issue..please look in to it.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
LadyMist

Loremaster

I was helping a lower level guild member yesterday play in stormhold had like 4 exboxes drop in the one round it took to hit where the hq tree spawns. /shrug

Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Shyne

Lord

if you notice, i'm not running any lower level zones..so it would appear as if it is the higher level zones....Other people have noticed this as well..it is not just me

Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Bekkr

Tester

Realistically, a hundred people could "notice" something like this, and mention it, and the sample size would still be too small to draw any real info from.

Bad luck happens. Sometimes bad luck happens in clusters.

IMO, and all that.

Bekkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Grumble69

Loremaster

Personally I think you've been lucky up until this point.  I have never gotten many xboxs off trash, unless it was a zone where the rate has been bumped up.

Here's the thing with low probabilities--if the rate is 1 in 5000, it's not unrealistic for you to go 10-15,000 without seeing a drop.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
decator666

Champion

I have noticed this as well and i'm not a 92 level adventurer.  My warden is level 81 and used to get ornate or exq chest off of nearly every named he killed but now they are dropping only treasure chests.  I was wondering about that too but thought it was just because the sundered lands wasn't dropping like kunar jungle area and lavastorm...but not sure.  I haven't tested it with any other chars.

92 Carpenter

92 Weaponsmith

92 Woodworker

92 Tailor

92 Armorsmith

92 Scribe
decator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
arrkvin

Loremaster

Me and my pethetic characters haven't gotten 1 exquisite box from any 'normal monster' or any 'heroic (times zero) normal monster'.  I saw since Aug 1st maybe 4 exquisite boxes from those spawns you kill all the monsters a few times then a named pops but again it those only had the standard loot they always have (selling to npc only gives like 25 gold each). Rest was all standard teasure chests that give books and only books adept ones. YOU WOULD THINK I was doing TRANSMUITING...

From deciphering the coded text every one uses in SOE and Everquest 1 and Everquest 2, I am taking it as now any monster than can drop an exquisite x2 or x4 chest has a chance to drop the ethreal weapons. Which means only those wearing raid gear are getting them and they don't need them since raid gear drop weapons are much better.

So, we can't kill those monsters anyway without a group of 3 with 3 mercs to begin with.

I got a few aa but will take a few years to get to 280 aa on my chars since I actually play mine and have never in my life used auto levelers like every one in in EQ2 does.  As I explained, I couldn't kill 10,000 monsters my level in 3 months of play,  (not including the blooper with the recent dungeonmaker that is) so I really didn't expect to get one any way. There are people on Freeport who kill 50,000 monsters a day since they play 24 / 7 with those auto leveler things. I am sure their banks are full of them. Congrats Sony.

arrkvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
Regolas

Loremaster

Arrkvin, It's not from just x2 or x4, it's any exquisite chest. My understanding is it's the loot that determines the chest type. So fabled loot generates and exquisite chest, legendary generates ornate. Now, every mob in the game has a chance of dropping master spells, which are fabled so generate an exquisite chest. Many mobs, particularly in dungeons, have a chance of dropping legendary items, so an ornate chest is generated. Named mobs have a chance of dropping either, but the most common at 80+ is legendary. You may get an exquisite drop with a master spell and a legendary item, or a fabled item. Raid mobs almost exclusively drop fabled gear, so you get an exquisite drop almost all the time, because their loot tables only have fabled gear. Now, for ethreals, they're on the same loot table as master spells. Any mob can drop it, but they're rare as water is the desert. They are probably on a lower drop rate than master spells, or the same as one particular spell. We all know how hard it is to get a particular master spell to drop off random mobs. I don't think anyone farms that way, it's just too unreliable. It's all luck. Unfortunately, this is what people are trying to do with ethereals, as there's no other option.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote