EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #91
Squeecha

Senior Guide

And even more added to the list.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #92
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Due to the very popular Jaharaha stealing the show at today's festivities, the jeweler who was in need of your assistance has pushed back her search for aid to 7pm PST. 

Sorry for the inconveniance folks!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #93
Gwyrdd
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rift Penumbra

Lord

The guide event bonanza today is awesome. I am enjoying every episode, and express my gratitude to everyone who's making it so much fun.

~~~Primary Gwyrdd Gwgoedwig~~~

Diplomatic liaison of the Gorowyn Council to the court of Neriak.

Gwyrdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #94
Squeecha

Senior Guide

We do hope everyone enjoyed it. Right off the bat without a final count, I believe we had about an average of one per hour, with no telling how many of yous participating.

We would has done more, but a couple of us had real life interferes and keep them away yesterday.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #95
Mairliana

Senior Guide

By: Scribela The`Reporter ~ Associated Norrathian Press

It was early in the morning when I got a call that dragons had been seen in Thundering Steppes! I hurriedly dressed and headed out to get the story of the year, maybe even the decade!

Upon arriving on the docks where the dragons were rumored to be, I asked them what they were doing invading the area. “Invading? We're not invading, we're only babies! We just want help telling stories,” they all eagerly assure me. “Will you tell a story with us?” The adorable dragons peered up at me with hope in their eyes – Fireweaven the Red, Whymsical the Azure, Meennbreath the Black, and Tabra the Green – and my heart melted just a little.

Being I'm not a fictional tale-teller and report the facts only, I declined but said I would assist by finding some storytellers to help them! I shouted and spread the word that the most amazing thing had happened: “This JUST in: Baby Dragons spotted on the docks of Thundering Steppes! They tell me they are in need of good storytellers so come on down!”

My fingers flew across the page as I tried to keep track of who was going to help the baby dragons. First to arrive was Sylvar! She rode a strange beastie she called a dinosaur. The babies wondered if perhaps it was a distant cousin! Next to arrive was Ankhtepot, Bringme, and Gwyrrd. After a short pause Forsakin, Varalyndae, Moragannon, Elswyn, and Kaylie came to join in. The dragons eagerly asked if the adventurers were there to tell stories and most of those assembled agreed.

After almost having a heart attack from the adventurers calling me a snack, they soon formed a circle and were ready to tell a story together. As instructions were being given, poor Ankhtepot and Elswyn must have gotten scared away for they were no longer there when the storytelling began. I looked around the circle to see a lot of Kerrans! Perhaps that could be my next story: “Do Kerrans Like Telling Stories More Than Other Races?” Kayli respectfully said she had to go in the middle of the tale. 

And now.... included for your reading enjoyment is the tale told at the time of this report!

Meennbreath: "Clouds quickly moved in, as if some magical spell had summoned them all, just as Lucas peered into the underground access his shovel had just uncovered. A foul stench wafted to his nose, almost making him gag. Pulling out some flint and tinder, Lucas lit a torch and dropped it into the hole."

Whymsical wrinkles up her nose.

Meennbreath: "From the gloom a pair of yellow, snake-like eyes stared at him, causing him to stumble back. The sky had turned black as razor-sharp claws broke through the surface just as...."

as razor-sharp claws broke through the surface just as...."

Fireweaven hides her eyes. "Eek!"

Tabra points at Gwyrdd.

Meennbreath is very excited to hear what comes next...

Gwyrdd: "So, as Mennbreath said, the sky had turned black as razor-sharp claws broke through the surface, just as the torch finished spiraling its way into the hole. It bounced and spun off of a mass of crystalline formations that dazzled Lucas' eyes, even as the crumbling earth around the soil fell beneath him, and he fell with it."

Meennbreath: "Ohhhhh"

Fireweaven: "Oh no!!"

Whymsical gasps, "Lucas fell in the pit?"

Gwyrdd: "Twisting acrobatically in panic, he avoided the sharp crystal edges --only barely, mind you, and not without some scrapes!-- and he breathed a sigh of relief!"

Fireweaven: "Now he's down there with that thing..."

Gwyrdd: "He was so happy to have been so barely injured that it took a moment before, looking up at the sky through the hole above, he was reminded of the massive shape that now loomed over him!"

Meennbreath: "Oh he is isn't he."

Tabra points at Whymsical.

Whymsical: "Lucas swallowed hard as he slowly crawled backward, away from the great creature before him. Why, that thing had to be fifteen feet tall."

Meennbreath: "That was wonderful, but I'm scared."

Gwyrdd agrees with Meennbreath.

Gwyrdd: "It was a very tense moment, as I'm sure will soon be explained!"

Whymsical: "As he reached what appeared to be the wall of the pit he looked around. Thankfully, he found the torch was only an arm's reach away."

Fireweaven waits with anticipation.

Whymsical: "Slowly, slowly, he reached out for the torch which was half-buried in the sand."

Moragannon listens intently.

Whymsical: "Just as his fingers reached the torch, however, the thing was snuffed out entirely and the pit went pitch black!"

Tabra points at Forsakin.

Whymsical: "All true. Every word!"

Forsakin: "He was immediately plunged into complete blackness. His mind raced as to what to do."

Meennbreath is so worried for poor Lucas.

Forsakin: "He was stuck in this hole,with a great beast and could not see anything"

Kayli looks worried.

Moragannon ponders what grim fate Lucas might suffer ... and chuckles to Hercuwheeze.

Forsakin: "But just as he was trying to figure out what to do, a blast of light flared from the beasts mouth, reflecting off the crystals, blinding him..."

Whymsical goes from nibbling cake to stuffing huge hunks of it into her mouth. This story is getting scary fast!.

Tabra points at Moragannon.

Fireweaven: "This is getting scary!!"

Whymsical agrees with Fireweaven.

Whymsical bets Lucas' mama told him not to go there.

Meennbreath always listens to her mama!

Moragannon: "Well with his eyes blinded he fumbles about with his hands trying to find a way to get away."

Fireweaven: "Hurry Lucas! Hurry!!"

Meennbreath: "Oh my yes... do!"

Whymsical realizes she's been holding her breath and lets it out with a wisp of smoke.

Moragannon: "He tripped over something half buried in the sand, and fell face first! Just then his hands closed on something that gave him hope..."

Meennbreath: "I love hope!"

Tabra points at Bringme.

Whymsical's eyes light up at the thought of hope.

Varalyndae waits anxiously for what happens next!

Bringme: "WELL!"

Whymsical: "yes? Yes?"

Bringme perks up at the thought of food.

Bringme: "I think I can relate to Lucas....you see, he and I are both halflings; and well all know what halflings like to do...."

Whymsical: "Ohhh. That's explains a lot!"

Varalyndae munches nervously on her snack .

Bringme: "EAT! Lucas, fortunately, had this backpack with him, and during his tumble down the hole his tinderbox had fallen out, and THAT'S what he happened upon."

Meennbreath: "Food? This is a time to think about food??"

Bringme: "Aye, its always important to take time for a snack...even during times of distress."

Moragannon: "Maybe especially in times of distress?"

Fireweaven: "Lucas is a halfling..they think with their stomachs is what mama always says."

Bringme: "After all, Lucas still is unsure of what exactly blinded him...is it friend or foe!? So Lucas feels through his backpack for a Sammich, finds one, and throws it in the general direction of that brilliant flash."

Fireweaven: "Ohh yes! We HAVE to know what it is!!"

Meennbreath: "He feeds it??"

Varalyndae: "Better the sammich than him.."

Meennbreath squeals in disbelief.

Bringme: "A good way to makes friends, eh?  Well, maybe whatever it is will eat that sammich and be satisfied, instead of Lucas. So, Lucas does in fact hear the sound of chewing, and rather quickly."

Whymsical hopes that Lucas has a LOT of sammiches, because that creature was huge!.

Bringme: "And during this time, his eyes return to normal from the previous flash and he is better able to see....”

Tabra points at Sylvar.

Sylvar: "Lucas clearing his vision while pulling the other sammich from his pack noms quietly, looking back over in the direction of the sound of chewing feeling the heat of the unknown flow around him from the heavy breathing of what looms beyond...."

Whymsical wonders if maybe Lucas should have saved every morsel in his pack for that giant creature!

Sylvar: "Hearing it finish swallowing and move ever closer in the shadows, feeling that it has gotten so close he can smell the sammich on its breath as it moves to loom over him in the darkness. Lucas scrambles back trying to get to his feet..."

Tabra points at Varalyndae.

Meennbreath falls over from excitement.

Whymsical: "Oooh. Hurry, Lucas!"

Varalyndae: "As Lucas scrambles back in an attempt to get to his feet he feels the creatures' breath on his face. In that moment of fear all is quiet except for his heartbeat and the sound of the creature's breath as it grazes his skin..."

Bringme: "Things are 'heating' up..."

Moragannon whispers "See Hercuwheeze, Lucas might get eaten after all."

Meennbreath wonders if Moragannon is hoping for that.

Moragannon leans forward listening intently to the story.

Varalyndae: "Lucas is frozen in fear as he is now face to face with the creature, feeling his life may be over any moment. The creature narrows it's eyes and peers at Lucas, studying him, as if at any moment his life would be over... just as Lucas winces back in fear...."

Meennbreath squeals! "Oh my. Oh my."

Tabra points at Fireweaven for the ending.

Fireweaven clears her throat.

Fireweaven: "Just as Lucas winces back in fear...the creature moves ever closer, inching it's way toward Lucas, backing him against the wall tighter."

Whymsical holds Gwyrdd's hand tightly.

Whymsical: "I'm scared, Uncle Gwyrdd. Scared!"

Gwyrdd: "Me too, Whymsical!"

Fireweaven: "Lucas' tinderbox laying on the ground near his feet causes the creature to trip. Lucas is suddenly buried in a pile of baby dragons!"

Meennbreath: "What?????"

Bringme: "Goodness, no!"

Fireweaven: "Meenbreath was on the shoulders of Whymsical who was on Tabra's shoulders all on top of Fireweaven."

Varalyndae giggles.

Bringme laughs out loud!

Moragannon chuckles.

Whymsical hugs her sister, Fireweaven.

Fireweaven: "They giggle at Lucas' fear and beg for more sammiches, that was tasty!"

The tale over, many sighed in relief and hugged their new-found friends! A scary story turned to something actually pretty good... but why were the baby dragons stuck in the hole? Ah. Well that's a story for another day! Still in disbelief that Lucas didn't get eaten (what a lucky Halfling, I might have to interview him!) I proceeded to ask some questions to the crowd!

Scribela: What did you all think of the story?

Moragannon: "A masterful story, I never expected the secret weapon would be a sandwich "

Fireweaven: "It was baby dragons after all, we can't resist sammiches."

Bringme: "Sammiches do wonders for hunger pains, and making friends."

Scribela: "How did you like this storytelling thing the babies put on?"

Moragannon: "It was fun."

Varalyndae: "It was very fun! I loved it!"

Bringme: "Neet'o."

Forsakin: "Quite enjoyable!"

Gwyrdd: "It was fantastic."

Varalyndae: "Not to mention they are soooo cute!"

Moragannon: "And of course the babies are adorable."

Scribela: "You were all quite good at storytelling, how did you figure out what to say when it was your turn?"

Gwyrdd: “The environmental cues from the other storytellers are great starts."

Bringme: "Aye, just listening first will help to trigger what happens next."

Scribela: "And is there anything you would change?"

Varalyndae: "No, they were awesome...their interaction was cute and encouraging!"

Scribela: "And one last question! From me that is! If you could be a dragon, what color would you pick and why?"

Whymsical: "I would pick AZURE, like me."

Fireweaven: "Pink is bestest!"

Whymsical: "Oh, I AM AZURE. You didn't mean me, did you, gnomie?"

Gwyrdd: "Well, I am already half dragon, and I would be green and blue much as I am now!"

Meennbreath: "Nonsense black is best!"

Bringme: "Green, makes me think of my garden back home."

Sylvar: "Green. Feel closer to nature."

Bringme: "and of course, FOOD!"

Meennbreath: "I am close to food."

Gwyrdd: "We could be a flight of green dragons together, soaring the skies!"

Forsakin: "Crimson,to match my fire breath!"

Varalyndae: "Pink or purple..cuz they could have magical elements."

Moragannon: "I agree I would be a black dragon."

Gwyrdd: "And the other colors could whirl around us like rainbows!"

Meennbreath: “Such good taste!"

Varalyndae also thinks they're cute colors.

It was with great reluctance that I left the scene, but of course my story had to be written for all the world to see! Such wonderful fun it was to listen to the tale! I hope that I get to run into those baby dragons again. Something tells me their adventures will give me lots of fodder for my reports!

Scribela the Reporter... signing off!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #96
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Tonight (8/31) at approximately 8:30 PM PST, there should be some bardic weirdness goings on in the Commonlands near the docks.

Also, tomorrow (9/1) at around 10:30 AM there's another singer with issues that should be found in the New Halas region.

And at 5 PM tomorrow night, those enjoying the Aether Races in Darklight Wood might espy a small Gnomish pirate who has an interest in hearing about how your races on the new track have gone.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #97
Squeecha

Senior Guide

This evening (Wednesday 9/7), if you are someone interested in old Dwarven craftsmanship (And no, that doesn't mean ale Dellmon you lush), you might look around Butcherblock Mtns at approximately 5PM Pacific time.

For those doing some wandering around tomorrow, around 1 PM Pacific time a weird Gnome may be found wandering the Commonlands.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #98
Cloudrat

Tester

Squeecha wrote:

This evening (Wednesday 9/7), if you are someone interested in old Dwarven craftsmanship (And no, that doesn't mean ale Dellmon you lush), you might look around Butcherblock Mtns at approximately 5PM Pacific time.

For those doing some wandering around tomorrow, around 1 PM Pacific time a weird Gnome may be found wandering the Commonlands.

Yay!  I was able to get the recipes for the decorrative axes today and the title the Axe Master.  The dwarf was a bit on the controlling side though he just wasn't going to be satiisfied with the decorative side of the axes  he made me admit to the adventuring quality of them as well.  ;p

Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #99
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well what did you expects from a Dwarf? Next you'd be surprised at a Ratonga liking thinly sliced deli cheese......

Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #100
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Just in case anyone is interested.....

There may be some Gnomish racing going on in the Thundering Steppes this evening starting sometime around the 4:30ish to 5 PM timeframe (Pacific of course).

Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #101
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, let's see some of the scheduled things for the next few days...

Tonight (9/15), around 9:30 PM, a priestess of Tunare will be seeking ideas for decorating in Kelethin.

Than at 10:30 PM in Outer Kael, some blue dwarfies may have a challenge for the brave (or stupid) peoples entering into Kael Drakkel.

Tomorrow, at 1 PM, those of you with an interest in helping a Dwarf with his fascination about sharp thingies can find him in Butcherblock.

On Saturday, at the unholy hour of 1 AM, a sad Froglok in the Thundering Steppes needs help to sustain his family.

And then at the almost as beastly time of 3 AM, those dwarfies will be back in Outer Kael with more fun for those up late (or early).

As always, these times are Pacific. And as everyone knows, things can happen unexpectedly to delay, or affect the start of thes. We tries for on time, but sometimes the kitties and gnomes get in the way.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #102
Squeecha

Senior Guide

And now, for something compl... oh waits.. never mind.. wrong show...

Instead lets sees some of what's planned for the next day or so (okay, today.. I can't guarantees any tomorrow):

Today (9/20) at around 4 PM Pacific, if you are in the vicinity of Oakmyst Forest, you might find a strange Gnome (Yes, that's redundant) looking for help.

Then later at 7 PM, in Greater Faydark, paranoia seems to have struck a poor little Fae. Or is it paranoia?

As always, these are planned, but things could change.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #103
Thornrose

Guide

Sunday 10/16 Visit the Great Divide around 7 PM PT to have your fortune told.  Be advised though, fortunes don’t come with a guarantee. ALSO I've just found out that West Freeport will be the place to be at 4PM PT if you are interested in the possibility of spooky changes.

Monday 10/17 A paranoid little Fae will be seeking some help in Antonica at 8 AM PT. Personally I think the real problem is being awake at that hour.  At the more reasonable hour of 5 PM PT, a somewhat forlorn troubadour will need some help near the docks in Butcherblock. ALSO at 6PM PT a dwarf will be waiting to hear your best stories somewhere in the Sinking Sands.

Friday 10/21 In Outer Kael, the Stormshield Clan will be looking for assistance with some mapping at 6PM PT. Not for the young or faint of heart I’m told.

For those of you awake during the wee hours PT,  an axe obsessed dwarf will be in Butcherblock on Saturday 10/22 at 1 AM PT, while another of that non-sleeping race will be looking for ghost stories in the Enchanted Lands at 2:30 AM PT.

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.

Guide & Quest Coordinator, Freeport

SWAT
Thornrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #104
Mairliana

Senior Guide

The fortune teller who was going to be around in Great Divide at 7pm PST has foreseen some difficulties and will be there at 7:30pm PST instead to avoid conflicts with the great disaster she foresaw. 

Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #105
Thornrose

Guide

Tuesday 10/25 in Outer Kael at 5PM PT and Wednesday 10/26 at 2PM in the Eastern Wastes, the Stormshield Clan will again be looking for assistance . Make sure you have enough experience to brave such an adventure.

On Tuesday 10/25 visit the Frostfang Sea around 2PM PT for some fun.

On Wednesday 10/26 around 6:45PM PT that paranoid little Fae will be back flitting around in Antonica seeking help.

Friday 10/28 Around 6PM PT there may be a little critter wandering around South Qeynos in need of direction. 

SWAT
Old 11-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #106
Thornrose

Guide

Captain Jonn Ripcord has been dismayed lately by the declining enrollment in the elite military squad, the Fae Gliders. Known for their lighting-quick ability to glide into battle at the most opportune time, they were instrumental in turning the tide of many important battles. Alas, their numbers have been dwindling of late, and the Captain is determined to change that.Hmmm, how better to attract brave, young fae to his force than by combining sport gliding with beer drinking? After all, nobody knows when the enemy will attack next; and when they do, it's quite likely that many of the Fae Gliders will be bending their elbows at the nearest pub. The ability to perform precision military maneuvers while intoxicated is absolutely essential!

[Any natural level 1-5 or anyone mentored to level 1-5, and of a winged race (Fae or Arasai) can apply to be tested.]

SWAT
Old 11-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #107
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Lethal Troll Appetites Fulfilled by Vellum The'Reporter Associated Norrathian Press

As is well known, this Reporter will face any danger to safeguard your, the Public’s, right to know. I have been in some harrowing situations in the past, but the one I faced recently was the most fearsome ever!

I was searching for news, as of course, I always am, near the Crossroads in the Commonlands, when I heard two rough voices. At first I thought it was simply two animals growling when I was suddenly able to make out words: "OK... Halfling stand in fire and cook yourself." followed by a different “voice”: "Me hungry. Not hungry enough to eat Halflings yet. But soon. Halflings make Blorgbert's tummy burble."

Intrigued, I continued cautiously in the direction of the voices. “What could this reference to ‘eating Halflings’ possibly mean?” I wondered. My heart beat a little faster. “Might there be a story here?”

Peering over a small rise, this Reporter was astonished to see an actual Halfling standing rather casually, it seemed, between a large red tent and a fire – closely guarded by two unnaturally tall trolls!

One, whose name turned out to be Fragert, was saying to the other, "Hmmm... Roasted Halfling... boiled Halfling.... fried Halfling.... Halfling with bacon...."

The other (the Blorgbert I had heard earlier) responded in a rumbly singsong, "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew..."

Could they really be discussing having another sentient being for a meal? Although I could already see the large, above the centerfold, front page headline above my byline if they were attempting such a thing, I can assure you I was motivated only by the most altruistic motives, and your right to know, of course, as I moved forward to try to find out what was actually going on here. Surely even trolls wouldn’t really be considering…

The Halfling began speaking as if giving a lecture, “We're very bad for troll. You don't wanna be eatin me. No sir! Not enuf seasonin, sir. Roasted Halfling ain't tastin good without the seasonin". He shook his head vigorously at each of the gigantic creatures. Like real students, the Trolls ignored him, instead turning to me as I walked up.

"I am Vellum ... a reporter....” I began, identifying myself so as to avoid any misunderstanding, as everyone knows all reporters are Gnomes… not Halflings. Then I quickly fitting my Tinkertronic Ink Developer and Shaper over a fresh sheet of parchment.

Although it is rather difficult to tell large, ugly trolls apart, I think it was the one named Fragert who looked me up and down and said, "Vellum.... You do not look tasty... Looks like you would fight too much."

"Indeed I am NOT tasty!" I responded immediately, followed by a question as I though it wise to distract the thing, “Whatever is going on here?"

Instead of responding to my question, as any intelligent creature would have done, the other one, Borgbert said, “How you stuff roasted Halfling?" Of course he may have thought that was an appropriate response. It’s so hard to know with a troll!

Taking a small prudent step backward, while keeping a wary eye on Borgbert, I decided to try speaking with the Halfling. You there... who are you? What is going on here?"

Blorgbert burped expansively and patted his stomach. And the Halfling, who before this was still acting as if he was simply standing around taking the sun, finally burst out “I ain't food, you big scaly brute!"

He then turned to me and began, “My name is Dixbert. Help me! Oh help me.. or run away.. or.. oh, you're one of them..."

I raised an eyebrow with a slight frown: "I'm sorry one of who?"

He almost snarled at me, “A reporter! You ain’t here to help! If'n Gnomes could harness their brain power, between 'em, they couldn't power a tinkered flea!"

Whatever had this Reporter done to deserve such antagonism? I wasn’t even sure yet exactly what was happening here. And, I thought, how was even a great reporter such as myself going to convince anyone to care about the demise of such a rude and ill informed little creature as this Dixbert was proving himself to be. I decided speaking with the trolls might be the better option. Though stupid, they were at least not rude!

Apparently understanding he might have made a mistake in offending me, Dixbert changed his tone, looking left and right, saying '"I should've known better. Me mum always said not to be wanderin’ off the dock out here in dem Commonlands, and I ne'er do listen. And here I am, caught and waitin for the stew.”

My ears perked up at the word “stew”. I was about to pursue this when the Trolls broke in.

Fragert, the one who appeared to be in charge, started "I am the hungry. Wanting something better than halfsnack here... But will settle if have to."

Dixbert spoke up for himself again, "Food don't talk! Least it doesn't if'n you aint touchin those roses of Innoruk."

Determined to get to the bottom of this, I said, "And what exactly are you doing out here?"

As I asked the question, I noticed Dixbert tiptoeing backwards, apparently hoping the Trolls were somewhat distracted by the effort of thinking up an answer to a question. Unfortunately, Fragbert noticed, barking out "You stay here little man! You last option, so you will not be leaving."

Blorgbert apparently unable to multi-task, did answer my question, "Me work for Fragert. Me do what Fragert says to do. He say, 'eat dis Halfling', me eat dis Halfling."

This Reporter admits to taking a couple of steps backward at this point as she is not entirely sure these Trolls are smart enough to know the difference between one short race of sentients and another. And of course, I must preserve myself to secure your Right to Know!

Fragert having secured the Halfling begins, "Blorg is top of his class you know... Very smart for a henchman. eh…I means friend."

Blorgbert doesn’t notice this slip and nods happily at Fragert continuing "I gud at barshing, at eating, and, uh..." When Blorgbert pauses to ponder, the Halfling Dixbert either bravely or stupidly puts in, "Stinkin". Again Blorgbert doesn’t notice what is going on around him, and finishes proudly, “Oh yeah! Me gud at singing."

“I see,” I respond, wondering if I did, when Fragert said something that clarified the situation.

"I was out here bug stomping, then I got hungry. Then we met our new friend Dixbert here. I mean meal."

Eyes wide, I say, "So you are telling me that you plan to eat this... person?"

Taking notes with my Tinkertronic Ink Developer and Shaper as fast as I can, I hear the other one, Blorgbert, respond, “Me no eat no person! Me eat food."

To which Fragert agrees, "Meh... He not person... Not much meal either, but I am sure he crunchy."

The Halfling, who more and more seems to realize his dire situation, screams, "You walkin' compost heap, I ain't yer meal! And I ain’t crunchy either. Springy an tough an… an just not that tasty!" And not very eloquent in your own defense either, I think to myself.

Although This Reporter is not sure that calling attention to herself is the best course of action at this point, nonetheless rather bravely, if I do say so myself, I speak up in the rude Halflings defense, "I of course am completely neutral... being a member of the press and all... but I do believe this Dixbert is a person." A rude person to be sure, I do not add out loud, but a person.

Amazingly Fragert, who as usual is a couple of sentences behind in the conversation, is offended, "Compost? Ah small man... Friend said this smell was Week Old Fish.... Not compost." Distracted he stops speaking, and begins sniffing his armpits to check out the validity of Dixbert’s statement.

Blorgbert, whose ability to only focus on one subject finally proves useful responds, "Oh! Me sorry. Yes, me COOK person. Me not eat person. Cooked person is food. Me eat food. Blorgbert,” he continued proudly, “understand circle of life. Bug eat plant. Bird eat bug. Lizard eat bird. Troll eat everything. Is the way of things” Looking in my direction, he finishes, “Me hope that clears things up fer you.”

Dixbert, also a little behind in the conversation, but finally appropriately polite says, ""Thank ya, 'onerable reporter. See? I AM a person, ya oaf!"

With my amazing ability to stay on track in pursuit of a story, I say, "So you are saying that if you cook a person they are no longer a person, they are food?”

Apparently the question was a little complex for the Troll who spent a few moments staring blankly into space.

I prodded, “Just trying to be clear so that I can present your story accurately?"

Finally, having worked through all the words, Blorgbert nodded at me, "Me is right. Cooked person is food."

Stunned, and blinking somewhat owlishly I am sure, I can only respond “I see.” And I do. The headline will take up the entire front page! TROLLS EAT HALFLING IN COMMONLANDS!

Not that there was anything * I * could do. Against those two monstrous Trolls… so of course I had to at least let the Public know what had happened. I am a reporter after all.

Then a horde of reckless fools rode up and ruined it all!

Eh… That last line wasn’t my fault! I didn’t write that! My Tinkertronic Ink Developer and Shaper was malfunctioning! It wouldn’t let me erase… that is… what I actually wrote was what anyone would have: a group of heroes arrived to save the day. Naturally… of course that is what I wrote and meant…

Skipping over the Tinkertronic’s mistake and going on with the * real * story: With no regard for her own welfare, this Reporter’s whisper to Dixbert *I'd try running if I were you* had just brought a horrid retort from Borgbert “You not run off, Halfling. Me barsh you again!" who then threatens Dixbert and this Reporter with horrible deaths!

As Dixbert manages, "You keep yer hands to yerself, ya stinkin monolith". I pull out my press credentials and point out, "You two do remember I am a member of the press and therefore cannot be harmed?"

It is probably just as well that, at this point, Gontara, Jynnsen, and Zerkha rode up. Both the Trolls and the Halfling immediately tried to enlist their aid.

Fragert starts "Agghhh! We is hungry... And nuttin but Halflin here... I guees we have to settle for it though and roast it and cook it. It not my first choice."

Blorgbert agrees, "Me haveta eat something!"

Fragert says, "Someone help us from the doom of dealing with Halfling breath for a week.

Blorgbert finishes their plea, clutching his chest, "Halfling stew give Blorgbert heartburn."

Then the Halfling starts. "Help! Save me from being eaten! I don' wanna be food fer these walkin' garbage heaps. Convince them I be tough and springy. Really not good eatin' in the least."

Jynnsen takes Dixbert’s side, "I'm sure we could find you something better tasting then a Halfling and more filling too.. He looks kinda scrawny.”

Zerkha joins the conversation, "I agree, I mean look how tiny the Halfling is, wouldn’t be very filling."

Dixbert naturally agreeing, nods firmly.

Jynnsen and Zerkha ask more or less simultaneously: “Well what would you two trolls LIKE to eat?"

Dixbert can’t help pipping in, "Anythin other'n me!"

Zerkha nods at the Halfling with a smile, "…besides Halfling of course"

The conversation went too fast for Fragert who could only say, "hmmmm."

Blorgbert however responded, "Gnomes tastes better. Elfies too stringy."

What?!?

I immediately respond, "Gnomes are people. And * I * am a reporter. Are you threatening me???"

Thankfully Blorgbert’s one track mind had already moved on to peering hungrily at Jynnsen's mount.

Jynnsen backs his mount up, looking disgusted and suggests, "There's some big birds just over the hill.. or some lizards across the river."

Dixbert continues his somewhat boring entreaties, "Please oh please, get 'em somethin' other'n me to eat!"

Fragert, finally catching up with the conversation, says, "I am thinking someone bring us 20 meats and 10 fruits and we be full and not need halfsnack here."

Possibly feeling a bit braver with these heroes around, Dixbert snarls, "I am NOT a snack, ya halfbred ogre!"

Jynnsen, realizing the Halfling doesn’t know what’s good for him, quiets him a repressive stare then says, "I think I can do that,” then asks “Do trolls like veggies too?""

Fragert says, "I dunno. We hungry... You get back before I am too hungry?"

Zerkha asks, "Where do I find these fruits and meat? Harvest?"

After the normal few moments of delay, Fragert responds, "Um... Animals carry meat on them too."

With this, the heroes depart. While waiting to see if they return, or if perhaps my story will be saved… eh…stupid broken Tinkertronic Ink Developer and Shaper… I mean the Halfling will be saved, Dixbert pipes up "If'n you get your food, you'll be lettin me get back ta home, right?" Looking worried, he presses "Right??"

While the Trolls are still working through the possible answers to that question, the group of heroes return. They have obviously slaughtered every animal they could find, and cut down enough shrubs and small trees to leave whatever they didn’t kill bereft of food for months. Unaware of what they have done to the lives of these poor animals, they offer the two giants enough fruit, meat and vegetables to feed a small city.

Even so, this Reporter greets them, “You are the heroes! Here to save this poor rude Halfling."

The Halfling, instead of showering thanks upon his saviors, says instead, “Did ya get enough ta feed 'em to distract 'em? So they'll forget all about lil ol me?" Although I suppose he might still have been a bit worried for his life. A life which I couldn’t help but think would have been put to better use as a sacrifice to make for a glorious story of Troll appetites fulfilled.

Still a reporter has to do the best she can with what she has. The Trolls seem to have some last words.

Blorgbert says happily, "Yay! No Halfling for me! Halfling give Blorgbert gas!”

Fragert grins saying, "Halfling their problem now, Blorg. We go cook this at home. We has feast!"

Fragert folds up the tent and stomps out the fire. Amazingly, before they lumber off, both Blorgbert and Fragert wave goodbye to Dixbert, as if they hadn’t been planning on eating him just moments before!

Then Dixbert, who had been standing absolutely still, finally started to breathe again. Apparently even he had not dared to say much while the trolls ran their dirty fingers through the piles of food that had been dumped in front of them. He hesitantly waved back, and barely thanking the adventurers who had just saved his life, and without a word to me who defended him so staunchly, runs off in the opposite direction mumbling that now he was free he was going to pay more attention to his Mum in future.

“Fine!” I thought. Determined to at least get some information from this group of heroes to round out what was left of my story, I persist "You there Jynnsen. I'd like to interview you."

Jynnsen says, "Sure I suppose…" Not the most enthusiastic of answers, but at least without the visible lag to piece the words together that characterized the Trolls, or the rudeness of the Halfling. Thus I was stunned when he continued, "Next time those guy should get a Gnome… they make good sammiches"

I nearly shriek, "I beg your pardon! * I * am a Gnome!"

Pulling myself together as only a top flight reporter can, I manage to continue, "It's a good thing you guys are heroes... Can you tell me about why you helped that person..."

Gontara, who’d been quiet until now, responds, "Trolls means."

Although this was not exactly the effusive answer I’d hoped for, at least this one seemed a bit less enamored of eating my species. So I agreed, "Yes. Yes they are."

Gontara then continued, "They smelled of cheese and didn’t share." Ah, him being a Ratonga, that explained his dislike. Although it seemed rather a paltry reason to save that annoying Halfling.

While I am struggling to think of a reasonable response to that statement, Jynnsen interrupts with, "I hate to see any food prepared badly… and you just can't do anything with Halflings."

Again, even I struggle for a reply. "Really? You also think Halflings are food? Not people?"

Zerkha, though a Barbarian, interrupts forcefully, "No no no Halflings no food."

"Excellent answer." I say.

Continuing, I say with what I hope will pass for genuine sincerity, "You are all heroes you know."

Zerkha looks a bit embarrassed, "Awww really?"

"Indeed,” I respond. “You saved a life, even if it was a rude Halfling."

Jynnsen looks even more embarrassed and says, "Actually I figured it might make a good song…"

“Crumb,” I think a tad irritably, “are any of these people going to say anything worthy of my reporterly skills?”

Then of all people, the Ratonga Gontara says, "Not a hero just a willing and caring adventurer! All of Norrath should be safe but not always the case!"

Finally, a heroic quote! "Weren't you afraid of those nasty, smelly trolls?"

Zerkha says, "I come to all those in need."

Jynnsen says, "Trolls are people too"

Raising an eyebrow at Jynnsen, I say, "Really? People who eat people?"

Zerkha shrugs and says, "Not the best kind of people but still people."

Well, it is certainly time to wrap this up, "One last question - are there any words of wisdom you would like to say to my readers?"

Gontara says, "Lends a helping hand when you sees someone in trouble"

Zerkha says, "There is plenty of food, other than people in Norrath, and if you are ever in need just give a call and many brave heroes will come to your need."

"Excellent. You can be sure I'll report everything * exactly * as it happened! Thank you all very much. I have a deadline."

With these last words, this Reporter waves goodbye to the group of heroes, and dashes off still scribbling furiously.

Post Script: It was only later, when I was adding the finishing touches to the story, that I found out my Tinkertronic Ink Developer and Shaper had been even more dysfunctional than I’d realized. It hadn’t recorded any images! Though quite upsetting, this Reporter felt that, even without images, the Public needed to be made aware of the potentially lethal Trolls prowling our lands!

Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #108
Squeecha

Senior Guide

*A slip of paper is found on the floor*

Thursday, Dec 1

Run to the corner merchant for:- a loaf of bread- a carton of milk- a stick of butterPick up new robes

Watch the Wood Elf in the Village of Shin look for help at 4 PM tonight.

Listen to a Dwarf in New Halas looking for alcohol at 5 PM tonight.

See if there are any leftovers from the Kelethin Baking Contest at 5:30 tonight

Get to bed early to catch the dragon telling stories in New Halas at 8 tomorrow morning.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #109
Thornrose

Guide

Have a great song, skit, poem or…? Come to the Village of Shin on Friday, 12/9 at 5PM PT and put on your best performance. 

The three noble families living there have decided to give the hard working Village defenders a special night of celebration with some great performances. But none of the families can think of suitable skits or songs to perform!

Looking for all the help they can get, they’ve decided to hold a competition and invite all the citizens of Norrath to come participate… and that means YOU! The top three participants will have the honor of having their performance reenacted at the private party honoring the guard!

The families are waiting to see you perform!

SWAT
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #110
Elery
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Echoes of Erehwon

Loremaster

Can we have the  clumsey  goblins  loose some presents  in Frostfang Sea or Qeynos please?  I have not seen very many posts of events for Unrest and this is where I look to see what events are comming up so I can  get guildies to go on these quests when they are posted and known about.   Thank you  for your hard work

Elery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #111
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, I know on a few occasions those gobbylins has been in the Wonderland itself, but I'll see if I can't arrange to trips some up for yous.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #112
Thornrose

Guide

BIG NEWS!

On Wednesday 12/28/2011 at 4:00 pm PT a terrified young Fae will be on a mission in Loping Plains to collect ingredients to give her local Witch Doctor. She's desperate to cure her crazy aunt who was hexed after accidentally interrupting a couple of Gremlins performing a ritual!

On Wednesday 12/28/2011 at 5:30 pm PT you'll have a chance to test out the newish Gnomish flying contractions in the Thundering Steppes. Assuming you survive the race, there's likely to be one of their engineers about waiting to hear your feedback!

On Thursday 12/29/2011 a really clumsy gigglegibber goblin is going to lose a LOT of presents all over Norrath. Come help find them at the following times and places:

9 am PT / West  Freeport

11 am PT / Kelethin

1 pm PT / Neriak

3 pm PT / Halas

5 pm PT / Gorowyn

7 pm PT / Qeynos Harbor

SWAT
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #113
Thornrose

Guide

Happy New Year Everyone!

Tomorrow at 3:00 PM PT, go to Everfrost for fashion advice.

At 7:00 PM PT, an axe obsessed Dwarf will be looking for help in Butcher Block Mountains.

And at 9:30 PM PT, a Gnome will be issuing a challenge to all in the Commonlands.

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.

SWAT
Old 01-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #114
Thornrose

Guide

1/12/12

There are rumors of a masquerade ball in Antonica around 1PM PT. And you can show up in the Enchanted Lands about 3:30PM PT to have your fortune told.

1/13/12

Some of those crazy Stormshild dwarves will be out looking for help with mapping in the Eastern Wastes around 7PM PT.

1/15/12

Some fairly strange critters may be loose in the Commonlands around 6PM PT.

SWAT
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #115
foodcity

Philosopher

any ideas as to when there will be more guide events? i only JUST found out about this forum, so its no wonder i missed so many guide events

Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #116
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Be on the lookout tonight 1/26/2012 for a team of gnomes looking to have some fun over in Thundering Steppes around 5:45pm PST. 

Old 02-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #117
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Oh oh! I just heard some amazing rumors!

I heard that....

On 2/5/2012 around 2pm PST there might be a strange fortuneteller setting up shop in Greater Faydark!

On 2/6/2012 around 11am PST a berry obssessed creature might be around in Butcherblock Mountains!

On 2/7/2012 around 1pm PST a member of everyone's favorite Dwarf family might be around in Freeport.

On 2/8/2012 around 4pm PST a family of Coldain might be looking for brave adventurers in Eastern Wastes!

And I'm sure there are more who may be around... but those are the rumors I heard right now!

P.S. Just a reminder that times are approximate and due to the demon known as RL, things may not go exactly according to plan. But we do try to have things run on time and all!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #118
Geozen

Lord

I just started on this server to play with a friend and I'm looking forward to participating in some of these events. I hope that Unrest can become or already is a haven for community involvement. A family that plays together stays together. SMILEY See you all in game.

Geozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #119
Sharakari
Server: Unrest
Guild: Shadovar

Loremaster

Any Erollisi events planned??

Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #120
Sylvenu

Guide

=^..^= ...ooO(Kitteh thought she would sharrre what took place on Unrrrest yesterrrday morrrnin, yes yes!)