EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
vorbaw

Lord

Hi, i tried using the /beta  command   to copy  my character  to  Beta . I got text saying that  my character  had  been  copied  over to Beta , but  when i logged into the  Beta server my character  was not  there  However i can make a new character on the server. Anyone else having this problem ?

vorbaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Kuulei

Tester

It seems to copy faster when you have a character on beta already.  After one is created, log onto the character you want copied and use /beta add

It takes an hour or so to copy over.  At least thats about how long it took for mine.  Also note that if you're the leader of a guild, you tag will take approximately 48 hours to appear after you have logged in with your copy.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
feldon30

Fansite Staff

/beta add takes approximately 1 hour to work.

You must already have a character on Beta for any copied characters to show up. So you should login to Beta and make a dummy character then after 1 hour, go back to the Character Select screen and you should see your copied toon.

There do seem to be reports of people who have done these things and still not had copied character come over after 24 hours.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
trixy

Loremaster

I am having the same problem.. Is there going to be a fix for this?? it doesn't seem fair that some people can use the test server and others cannot

trixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Didn't they disable the /beta add for live now that we have the direct beta copy from Test? Aka: we need this tool to be patched into live first before using it from live

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote