EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
maddawg138

Loremaster
maddawg138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 361
Default

From the looks of those items, in my opinion they are not worth 2p 40g and the 15 void shards to obtain the legendary and the requirement of an item from WoE for the small upgrade it gives. Please reevaluate these items and make them better or just not even put them into the game

__________________
maddawg138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Tehom

Loremaster
Tehom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,171
Default

I disagree. The cost is principally a shard cost, and it provides an additional path for non-raiders who've exhausted all heroic content to get further upgrades, even if they're fairly slight. Given how it's just combining items they can buy with drops they can get in the x2, I thought it was a pretty painless progression path for people who've run out of things to use shards on.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com
Xalmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,895
Default

Indeed. Not like there's better things to spend Void Shards on.

__________________
EQ2Achieve - Your guide to all EverQuest II Achievements

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Purrcey
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Obedience
Rank: Scrubs

Lord
Purrcey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

The idea is good but the execution is off IMO.I would like to propose an alternate.

It appears the intent is to upgrade T2 shard pieces and WoE dropped pieces into a new slightly better piece. This means that 3 piece item sets get broken which I personally use on a few of my characters. Also requires specific T2 piece and a specific WoE fabled piece to pair up for the new piece. I see this as looting nightmare.

Why not change it slightly. Instead of WoE dropping specific jewelry pieces have it drop new generic molds or slot molds. Say a ring mold, earring mold, cape mold, etc. Then use the mold and the T2 shard item and some shards/plat for the new fabled piece just like armor works now. Have a direct fabled upgrade to each T2 shard item and allow set bonuses to still backwards apply, like armor is going to do. Share the new mold drops across both WoE and Kurns X2.

For existing Fabled WoE pieces in the world currently have the exchange quartermaster convert those into the mold piece I proposed. This make for a very viable option for T2 shard folks to gear up for raiding. I like the idea of upgrading other pieces to fabled, but just needs some tweaking., IMO.

__________________
Purrcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Trynnus1

Loremaster
Trynnus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 362
Default

Just had a look at this gear on the docks. It is a waste of time for most pieces with a couple of exceptions to pieces that easily obtained from x4 content.

As an example the Void-sheltered stud combined with an onslaught earring gives a Cursed stud of the Abyss.The only difference is that the new item has 20 more health on it (225 up from 205). 2.5 Plat and a 15 shard item is not worth 20 health, I mean a cruddy treasured adornment gives 100 health and "costs" way less.

Should be additional +1 def, defl, and parry and extra strength

Another exampleVeiled strikers circlet + Tactician's Band = Circlet of Najena's AssasinDifferences are:  20 power and 1 DA and +20 more to CAsThis is slightly better but still not worth the upgrade.

Should add 50 power instead of 20 then its getting better.

Wall of Screaming Souls + Tower of Bone = Enslaved Wall of Dominated SoulsShield Block 3 instead of SB2 and +10CAthis is the only piece that I saw with a major upgrade (the shield block %) even remotely worth it. When you consider that Savage wall is still better and obtained from the 2nd easiest named in x4 progression and is a common drop, this again is not worth the effort to code.

No itea how to change it with over stepping Savage wall (and it should not).

Trynnus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Haze

General
Haze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Default

I was a bit disappointed as well seeing how there are no set bonuses. The stats are better than what I'm working with now using the T2 shard jewelry, but the proc losses are a bit too extreme for my tastes.

I also concur with the pattern-type jewelry suggestion... perhaps: 1) Pattern, 2) T2 item, 3) void shards? This would follow suit with all the other T3 upgrades.

And this doesn't seem like its "Raid" jewelry stuff.. more like T3 jewelry (not T4, ie: x4 zones).

__________________
Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
ColZeed

Loremaster
ColZeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
Default

I liked idea with an opportunity of improvement of subjects but please make their more interesting: increase resist and other parameters on 30% to add to these subjects proc for a combination from 3 item

For an example:

T2Rejuvenation Band has:

+15 str +30 sta +40 wis

+115 hp +140 mana

+533 vs mental 533 vs divine +533 vs disease

+2 Heal Crit

+20 heal amount

T3

Tri-element Loop has:

+10 str(-5) +30 sta +45 wis(+5)

+170 hp(+55) +205 mana(+65)

+706 vs mental(+~33%) 706 vs divine(+~33%) +706 vs disease(+~33%)

+3 Heal Crit(+1)

+50 heal amount(+30)

so T4

Luminous Loop of Three Elements mast have:

+10 str +30 sta +50 wis(+5)

+225 hp(+55) +270 mana(+65)

+938 vs mental(+~33%) 938 vs divine(+~33%) +938 vs disease(+~33%)

+4 Heal Crit(+1)

+80 heal amount(+30)

And in addition these subjects can be a part of set

in this case subjects really will  be interesting

ColZeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
Despak

Loremaster
Despak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 424
Default

Trynnus1 wrote:

Just had a look at this gear on the docks. It is a waste of time for most pieces with a couple of exceptions to pieces that easily obtained from x4 content.

As an example the Void-sheltered stud combined with an onslaught earring gives a Cursed stud of the Abyss.The only difference is that the new item has 20 more health on it (225 up from 205). 2.5 Plat and a 15 shard item is not worth 20 health, I mean a cruddy treasured adornment gives 100 health and "costs" way less.

Should be additional +1 def, defl, and parry and extra strength

Another exampleVeiled strikers circlet + Tactician's Band = Circlet of Najena's AssasinDifferences are:  20 power and 1 DA and +20 more to CAsThis is slightly better but still not worth the upgrade.

Should add 50 power instead of 20 then its getting better.

Wall of Screaming Souls + Tower of Bone = Enslaved Wall of Dominated SoulsShield Block 3 instead of SB2 and +10CAthis is the only piece that I saw with a major upgrade (the shield block %) even remotely worth it. When you consider that Savage wall is still better and obtained from the 2nd easiest named in x4 progression and is a common drop, this again is not worth the effort to code.

No itea how to change it with over stepping Savage wall (and it should not).

Good points but you are comparing x2 stuff with x4.  WoE is more designed for casual and pug raiders, and not so much for raiding guilds to progress in.

Despak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

Casual/PuG have the first 3 named on farm status. Digg is doable by some. Anything beyond that is NOT doable by casual/PuG. Dayakara (fire guy with 10sec adds) will be toned down a bit in GU52. So folks are getting 2-3 pieces of T3, but certainly not the full set. And there are raiding guilds that are farming this zone because the crit mit off the T3 pieces will allow them to progress much further into the x4 zones than they have been. WoE is a nice bridge but the 2nd half of the zone could be toned down slightly and perhaps some tweaks so that make it more obvious that there is 'internal progression' within the zone. In other words, once everyone kills Digg a few times, that somehow makes it easier for them to kill Dayakara. After killing Dayakara a few times, it makes it easier to move on to the next mob. Each mob should really be a gear check, not a dps check. I have not looked at the new items on the Lavastorm docks.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
Noaani

Loremaster
Noaani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,077
Default

feldon30 wrote:

Each mob should really be a gear check, not a dps check.

A DPS check is a gear/skill check for your DPS. Whats wrong with requiring that in progression?

Are tanks/healers the only ones that need to not suck in order to progress?

__________________

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
Trynnus1

Loremaster
Trynnus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 362
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Trynnus1 wrote:

Just had a look at this gear on the docks. It is a waste of time for most pieces with a couple of exceptions to pieces that easily obtained from x4 content.

As an example the Void-sheltered stud combined with an onslaught earring gives a Cursed stud of the Abyss.The only difference is that the new item has 20 more health on it (225 up from 205). 2.5 Plat and a 15 shard item is not worth 20 health, I mean a cruddy treasured adornment gives 100 health and "costs" way less.

Should be additional +1 def, defl, and parry and extra strength

Another exampleVeiled strikers circlet + Tactician's Band = Circlet of Najena's AssasinDifferences are:  20 power and 1 DA and +20 more to CAsThis is slightly better but still not worth the upgrade.

Should add 50 power instead of 20 then its getting better.

Wall of Screaming Souls + Tower of Bone = Enslaved Wall of Dominated SoulsShield Block 3 instead of SB2 and +10CAthis is the only piece that I saw with a major upgrade (the shield block %) even remotely worth it. When you consider that Savage wall is still better and obtained from the 2nd easiest named in x4 progression and is a common drop, this again is not worth the effort to code.

No itea how to change it with over stepping Savage wall (and it should not).

Good points but you are comparing x2 stuff with x4.  WoE is more designed for casual and pug raiders, and not so much for raiding guilds to progress in.

I am going to assume you have not gone to test to look yet because what I listed as examples (excluding Savage Wall which drops off the 2nd named in Tombs and can be killed by a PUR) are all combinations of T2 jewelry and a drop from WoE (the first 2 egs I have the WoE item). I have over 300 shards, no alts, and still I see not reason to spend 15 shards for 20 extra health, this is just plan dumb.

Instead of making WoE mobs easier - DROP THE LOCKOUT TIMER - give people a chance to run the zone more often. Most x4 guilds on Unrest are not running the zone to sell gear, only to flag people for the new x4 zone.

Trynnus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
fabgo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33
Default

The only way I see this making sense is if people already have the T2 jewelry item before they win the T3 version. In that case, one might as well spend the 2-3p to have the T3 item upgraded, even if only slightly.

fabgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com
Xalmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,895
Default

Honestly I think it would be better if it was just a straight void shard cost, and not require you get corresponding void shard jewelry. It's just one extra step that's really unneeded imo.

__________________
EQ2Achieve - Your guide to all EverQuest II Achievements

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
Cyst
Server: Venekor
Guild: Circle of Storms
Rank: Officer Alt (Raid Capable)

Loremaster
Cyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,609
Default

I looked at the new stuff, and I'll just stick to the x4 raiding content, it is much easier to get gear in the current x4 content, than it is in the x2 content.

I barely touched TSO like days before WoE, and I have more x4 TSO raid pieces than I do the x2 WOE raid pieces.

Seriously, reduce the lock out timer, or it is just another wasted zone/gear.

Cyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

PurrceyPurespirit007 wrote:

It appears the intent is to upgrade T2 shard pieces and WoE dropped pieces into a new slightly better piece. This means that 3 piece item sets get broken 

 I like the idea of upgrading other pieces to fabled, but just needs some tweaking., IMO.

Breaking the sets is probably not going to get a lot of interest from people other than those who see a Fabled tag and get excited. If the T3 upgrade piece is backwards compatible with the T2 set, or if the full T2 set is also available for upgrading, I can then see a lot of players burning up shards to participate.

As it is, the WoE dropped fabled component is more valuable as a possible mana from transmuting or simply worth more as a loot-right sold off on open channels.

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
Obadiah

Loremaster
Obadiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,154
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

PurrceyPurespirit007 wrote:

It appears the intent is to upgrade T2 shard pieces and WoE dropped pieces into a new slightly better piece. This means that 3 piece item sets get broken 

 I like the idea of upgrading other pieces to fabled, but just needs some tweaking., IMO.

Breaking the sets is probably not going to get a lot of interest from people other than those who see a Fabled tag and get excited. If the T3 upgrade piece is backwards compatible with the T2 set, or if the full T2 set is also available for upgrading, I can then see a lot of players burning up shards to participate.

As it is, the WoE dropped fabled component is more valuable as a possible mana from transmuting or simply worth more as a loot-right sold off on open channels.

I never really considered there to be T1/T2 jewelry, so the T2 references confuse me.

Personally I'll be content to get a Cursed Stud of the Abyss and then loot another Void Sheltered-Stud for the other ear, but other than that the upgrades are pretty "meh". I'd agree with the OP. Not that I think they should be uber, but what's the POINT of them, really? 15 shards and 2.4P for +1 DA and +20 Health. Uh, woo??? +25 CA damage and +20 Power for the same price on another item. Ditto. At least raise the RESISTS or something. Anything!!!

So, for ear, wrist, and finger slot items, they're fine. Otherwise they're annoying because essentially you're looting something that requires you to spend X in order to get the final item. Sure, you don't HAVE to spend X, but if you don't you're a slacker, McFly.

__________________
Obadiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I never really considered there to be T1/T2 jewelry, so the T2 references confuse me.

Many of the players on my server refer to the 5 shard jewelry items as T1, while the 15 shard jewelry sets are referrred to as T2 - it makes it easy to quickly differentiate between the two types.

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
Purrcey
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Obedience
Rank: Scrubs

Lord
Purrcey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

Thank you for making the new merchant upgraded fabled items complete the T2 set bonuses as suggested.

I noticed some of the shard sets have only one fabled upgrade where as other have 3 fabled upgrades per set. Like the Ensnaring set for example(crippling assualt): T2 shard set of Ensnaring Band, Broach and Earring have 3 direct fabled upgrades (i.e. Blackflame Ring, Elemental chains of control, and Imbued earring of flowing magma.) Are you planning on adding fabled upgrades to the other sets currently on the merchant?

Once again great idea but each set should have 6 pieces with 3 T2 shards ones and 3 new fabled ones with any combination completeing the set bonuses. A step in the right direction IMO.

__________________
Purrcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I never really considered there to be T1/T2 jewelry, so the T2 references confuse me.

Many of the players on my server refer to the 5 shard jewelry items as T1, while the 15 shard jewelry sets are referrred to as T2 - it makes it easy to quickly differentiate between the two types.

Yeah, same on our server, but then I have to explain to folks that the stats are just *different*. T2 is not obviously better than T1 jewelry. And since it's all LORE, it's not like you can be all T2.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.