EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #31
Noaani

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

This thread is for the mechanics of whether there are bugs in the implementation.

This thread is the first time a feature has been on test of beta where the devs have felt the need for a specific feedback thread enough to start one themselves, yet have limited that feedback to function.

As much as I would like to say it makes me wonder, it doesn't. The devs know this is a bad idea, just like (most of) the rest of us do.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #32
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I myself have been talking about the need for interaction with the RA but the majority of whiners are set against it being a "free" master and wanting ungodly amounts of plat set against it or removed all together in the name of preserving "spell progression" which is hog wash, I dont care how you dress it up.

Actually, a plat value request was more of a "last resort" option for those asking for players to be required to put forth a minute amount of effort in order to get end game abilities.Just some of the player base isn't able to focus on anything but plat sadly.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Noaani wrote:

This thread is the first time a feature has been on test of beta where the devs have felt the need for a specific feedback thread enough to start one themselves, yet have limited that feedback to function.

I don't know why Kirstie decided to post a feedback thread and give us all the illusion that she wanted our input, then just implemented the feature however it was originally intended. It's bad form. I bet it will make it harder for other devs to get taken seriously if they create their own Feedback threads.

So far, the only dev that has unequivocally earned my trust is Domino. You know where you stand with her. She tells you flat out what is negotiable and what is not. What she's looking for feedback on, and what has already been decided and thus feedback won't do as much.

If there was no intention to make changes to Research Assistants based on community input, it should just have been kept a secret like StationCash and sprung on us.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #34
Deson

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

Noaani wrote:

I don't know why Kirstie decided to post a feedback thread and give us all the illusion that she wanted our input, then just implemented the feature however it was originally intended. It's bad form. I bet it will make it harder for other devs to get taken seriously if they create their own Feedback threads.

So far, the only dev that has unequivocally earned my trust is Domino. You know where you stand with her. She tells you flat out what is negotiable and what is not. What she's looking for feedback on, and what has already been decided and thus feedback won't do as much.

If there was no intention to make changes to Research Assistants based on community input, it should just have been kept a secret like StationCash and sprung on us.

I'll add Rothgar to that list. Used to be just about everyone except Beghn but the gods of irony have seen fit to swap that around.

No more derailing. We don't need a 4th thread on this, we didn't even need a first from the looks of it.

I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #35
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Just got my first Master researched, my level 1 spell Earthen Avatar I. No issues!

It auto-scribes to your spell book.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #36
Alienor

Loremaster

would be nice if the RA could tell, with which other toon A he is busy in case another research is already running and I want to hire it with toon B.

Expert spells can be acquired in advance to be ready once you level, but to research that one essential spell to master still takes 30 days as you cannot pre-order at the RA. Not sure if this is good or bad, but it will even out in the long term.

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #37
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Just to follow-up, if you betray while you have a spell studying, you are creditted 1/3 the research time towards researching a new spell when you get your new citizenship.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #38
Ember

Loremaster

Has anyone tested what happens if you put in a request for a master then the next day you get that master from a drop?  Can you cancel your order, does it reset when you scribe the dropped master?

Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #39
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Let's keep in mind the posting rules please SMILEY

Forum Guidelines

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #40
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Ember wrote:

Has anyone tested what happens if you put in a request for a master then the next day you get that master from a drop?  Can you cancel your order, does it reset when you scribe the dropped master?

This is already documented.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote