EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #31
Gaige

Loremaster

It better not be Velious.  I'd hate to see Velious implemented in this new anti-contested, anti-raid, ezmode lack of progression style.

Either Odus or something where having 99% of the expansion solo and heroic instances wouldn't be such a letdown.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #32
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

key points i want from Velious is the option to ally with skyshrine and veshaan become worshipable.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #33
Gungo

Loremaster

I don't think the game is ready for velious yet. It needs to a be a truly epic expansion.

Odus is doable with the current team/design.

Maybe when the game mechanics are stable and they can devote a good amount of time to the expansion then i say go for velious. Like if odus focused on the tier 9 progression velious could come in as the expansion after and deal purely with the content instead of focusing on proper leveling areas.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #34
jtuarus

Loremaster

Well IIRC sony just copyrighted  the name Secrets of Odus so while the ice stuff might point to velious i still think we are getting Odus

jtuarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #35
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

jtuarus wrote:

Well IIRC sony just copyrighted  the name Secrets of Odus so while the ice stuff might point to velious i still think we are getting Odus

The USPTO doesn't say anything regardign Odus.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #36
BleemTeam

Loremaster

Xalmat, if you go from Ganak's Battlement toward traitor's pass from the Venril Crown side, you will find all 6 in the right order as if you were going to the Skleross Camp and then to the Badlands.

They are all there.

** Edit to add, a few quests into this series is bugged however, I had added a question about it in this thread. However, one of the Iksar ladies, the one on the left, her series runs all the way through. I discovered the Turtle Shoulders....**  My bug is below...

In Jarsath Wastes, it seems on the quest "Gathering Rime Stones" the second part "Defeat the ice spirits to collect elemental ice shards." is not responding to killing the icy spirits. The little turtle dudes don't  update, nor do I have an item to indeed destroy anything.

"What's left to ponder?"
BleemTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #37
feldon30

Fansite Staff

jtuarus wrote:

The websites that one would expect to be registered are not registered atm.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #38
Methriln

Tester

Stuck on the quest dry ice i cant seem to find the mobs for it. Ive run all over the area around the city of the mist. Are the mobs not in or am i blind

Edit-

For the quest Swamp fire defense the green shiny at -509.79,-71.75,481.39 is un clickable.Shiny at -597.73,-46.27,361.36 as well.Shiny at -427.84,-82.21,595.11. The other green shiny at -67.40,-117.97,1,008.79 is unharvestable as well. the other shiny by the gate for outerseb wards was harvestable. Other than that couldnt find the last shiny in trakaraptor alley. Assume the same with it not being able to be harvested.

Ill edit the post as i find more bugs

Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #39
Methriln

Tester

edit bug was already posted.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #40
ZeroByte

Loremaster

Quest: Elemental's Amongst Us

First thing I notice is the amount of elementals is sparce. When this hits live there is going to be a lot of players waiting for spawns. There should be more spawns and more spread out.

ZeroByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #41
Mirander_1

Loremaster

jtuarus wrote:

Nope, no trademark, no website.  I'm guessing you're referring to a post that was made back on April Fools Day, as I vaguely recall that name coming up back then 

Mirander_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #42
Methriln

Tester

on clothes of their backs i got the harvestable items and the 2 mob updates but when i go back to the quest giver he wont update the quest just says to go see the next npc i assume in the quest. maybe change the quest giver to tell u were the mob to turn in at is would be nice.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #43
Noaani

Loremaster

Methriln wrote:

on clothes of their backs i got the harvestable items and the 2 mob updates but when i go back to the quest giver he wont update the quest just says to go see the next npc i assume in the quest. maybe change the quest giver to tell u were the mob to turn in at is would be nice.

Noaani wrote:

If you read the dialog when you get the quest, you'll notice that he says to take the armor to someone in Riliss, and even though the quest journal says to take it back to him, if you go to Riliss you will see the NPC that updates the quest.

The bug is in who the quest journal says to talk to next.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #44
Methriln

Tester

Ok the quest elemental task which i picked up from the rime guys out on the ice sheet just says quest description. and for the harvestables it says part description over top of them. ANd infiltration system currently gives +0 faction with rillis.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #45
Sheral
Server: Oasis
Guild: Covenant of the Wolf

Loremaster

Hi

In the quest "Clothes off theirbacks" in sathir's span when you finsh it it said to go back to Revliss Dru'shyv

the quest giver but when you go back to him he tell you to turn it to Sliza Xarezia (which is in Rillis)

thought you might want to take a look at that

edit : just noticed someone already point it out  so nevermind

Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #46
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

Never mind SMILEY

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #47
Hecula

Loremaster

Is the Heavy Lifter questline going to be an access quest for one of the Kurn's Tower instances? It would be nice IMO.

Hecula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #48
PotatoeGuru

Loremaster

Quick question ...

Are these quests 'linear progressive' or can we do the set in each zone in an order of our choosing?

That is, can I start in Jarsath or do I have to start in Kylong?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #49
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

You can do them in whatever order you want it seems. They're also level appropriate for the zone, which is a big plus in my book.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #50
Tazdrag

General

Fens of Nathsar quest bug

Dragonbone Weapon Partsquest giver Pudge the Braveslaying dragonbone larva is not updatingquest  states "I am to slay dragonbone larva in search of _." followed by a picture of something unidentifiable and 0/6

No messages when killing the dragonbone larva

Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #51
Kaitheel

Dev

Heyya all!

I wanted to give a bit of an update.  Due to the sheer number of quests that are being added as part of this update, I’m tackling their bugs a little differently than normal.  I’m being semi organized and doing them by zone.  Last night, I finished doing my first pass on the 30 some quests in Fens of Nathsar.  I don’t know when these will make it to the Test servers, but they’re on their way.  Today, I am starting on the bugs with the Kunzar Jungle quests.

Thank you once again, for all of the reports and feedback, it’s definitely helping!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #52
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I'm glad they listened and didn't make huge quest chains that cannot be deviated from. This will be awesome for guild groups who want to whip out these quests.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #53
Kaitheel

Dev

Brigh, there are some quests that are 'linear progressive' but they won't let you do them until you've done the required previous ones.  So, to answer your question, if the quest is offered to you, then you are free to accept it in the order of your choosing.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #54
Purrcey
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Obedience

Lord

Found no quest givers in Dregs Landing as mentioned

"A mysterious army has appeared upon the shores of Kunark and begun pillaging the land and slaughtering those that oppose them.  Citizens of Dreg's Landing in Kylong Plains, Sathir's Span in Fens of Nathsar, the City of Jinisk in Kunzar Jungle and Danak's Upper Command Camp in Jarsath Wastes are looking for your help in learning about the invaders and defeating them."

Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #55
Kaitheel

Dev

Another update to give!

I just finished doing my first pass on the 20 quests in Kunzar Jungle.  I don’t know when these will make it to the Test servers, but they're on their way.  Next I will be starting on the bugs with the quests in Jarsath Wastes.

Enjoy the weekend!

Old 05-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #56
Maroger

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

jtuarus wrote:

The websites that one would expect to be registered are not registered atm.

Nothing at the USPTO listed under Trademarks. I think SOE understands we search the trademarks so this year I have feeling they won't register the trademark until after Fan Faire.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #57
tantric

Loremaster

I started working on some of these last night and seem to have done the Jinsk ones through. My observation all these provide neg faction hits to Order of Rime. This begins at max neg to begin with. Will there be a line that will improve that factionn so we could use the vendors out on the Sheet?

tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #58
Maroger

Loremaster

Who starts the quest line in Sathir's Span?

Old 05-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #59
Kaitheel

Dev

Tantric, there is indeed a line of quests that will help you improve your Order of Rime faction.

Maroger, you will want to speak with Revliss Dru'shyv in Sathir's Span for the new quests.

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #60
Maroger

Loremaster

Kaitheel wrote:

Tantric, there is indeed a line of quests that will help you improve your Order of Rime faction.

Maroger, you will want to speak with Revliss Dru'shyv in Sathir's Span for the new quests.

Thanks for the help!

Apparently if you don't know the Sathirian Language you can't speak to him. And the quest for the Sathirian language involving the anonymous black book as a starter makes it difficult to start this quest line. Maybe you could do something to make the quest line easier to start -- right not without the language you can't do the quests.