EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
timetravelling

Developer

Once test is updated with the newest infoz (soon!) I would love y'alls feedback and bugs on the new Charasis zone!

Good luck!

Brett Scheinert

Game Designer, Everquest II
timetravelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Sheridan-Guk

Loremaster

I tanked this zone on my guardian (copy toon, 200aa, mastered, T4 geared) shortly after it was patched to test. Difficulty overall felt like something around the guk zones. As a guardian, I appreciated that there were quite a few encounters with only one or two mobs. It looked and felt much like VoES, just much more difficult.

The loot seemed on par with most of the other TSO instances. By that, I mean that it wasn't anything I'd consider for my  T2-geared dirge alt.

I can't confirm the reported lack of aa discovery, since I'm capped.

The first named fight was interesting. We pulled him outside the room and dps'd him down after he would aoe and run back to us. His aoe is just too nasty to stay near him.

The second named (pit mob with adds around the room) was trouble for 1 healer due to the damage we took from the aoe dots. For the gear our group had, this dot sure was mean. It seems like a death sentence for the average T2 geared group. Let me explain mean... Some of the group members died from it before they finished casting their cure potion. If they did live through it, the next one came before their potion refreshed. The healer was a buffed toon, so possibly that affected us. We brought in a second healer and he turned into a typical burn & cure fight. I know there is a script here, but there was no indication from the room or the mobs. Puzzles are great, just give us some clues. An emote or something with a subtle hint would be fantastic.

The third named was just a burn fight with a few adds. They weren't difficult to pick up aggro and the two healers didn't have any trouble healing through the few that did get loose.

The fourth named was broken. It appeared that his script was looping because he would get the fans cheering on both sides, then reset to the center platform. He was not attackable at any time. The spectators were attackable. We cleared all four groups. Incoming damage at first was barely surviveable. Once the named reset, the adds appeared to be stuck dancing and stopped attacking. We cleared all 4 encounters in the hopes that the named would become angry and attack us. Evidently, he knew better.

Overall, I'm thrilled to have a new zone at this point in the xpac. Thanks for your efforts!

Sheridan-Guk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

Were you still aiming for a difficulty on par with Crucible or something tougher?

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
timetravelling

Developer

The difficulty was still a bit too high, i toned several things down quite a bit yesterday

Brett Scheinert

Game Designer, Everquest II
timetravelling is offline   Reply With Quote