EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #61
feldon30

Fansite Staff

The fix you quoted refers to Achievement 'spells' and 'combat arts' moving from the 'Abilities' tab to the appropriate Spells or Combat Arts tabs. You're saying there are some spells that didn't move?
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #62
CuCullain

Loremaster

So IF one of my AA castables is now on a Combat Arts tab, it should be treated as such for gear that affects such arts?

As far as the AA spells go.. I'd like to see somethign implimented to seperate them from the regualr spells. As it is now they get lost in the midst of the noraml seplls and are a pita to locate soemtimes. Maybe a divider in the spells tab that keeps them seperated.. or a new tab for just them?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #63
Noaani

Loremaster

Sort your knowledge book by level.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #64
CuCullain

Loremaster

Noaani wrote:

Sort your knowledge book by level.

That works

Old 05-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #65
BadInp

General

Just a stupid little cosmetic change I don't like.... please don't change the necromancer fluff spell 'Misty Image' as you have it on test.

The old version has a distinctive look... just a misty form inside whatever armor you are wearing.  The *new* version is total overall general ghost illusion that hides armor, doesn't match race, etc.

The old version is much better and more distinctive.  If anything, it would be nice if you could actually fix *that* version so it stays on when you are on a mount, climbing, etc, like you have done with some of the other illusions.

Member of HOLY MIGHT - BUTCHERBLOCK Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BadInp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #66
Pexsus

Loremaster

I don't quite understand how you expect people to test content when it appears that in over a week no effort at all has been made to fix the "upgrades" you made to persistant zone timers.  it's hard enough finding a group but now we have to find a group of freshly copied toons so that noone is perma locked? 

As it stands right now, if anyone, just for curiosity, zones into a zone they will never be able to re-enter that zone unless they lock themselves to it.  Even then, when that instance expires, they will never be able to zone into a new one.  This needs to be fixed, ASAP or there is absolutely no way anyone will be able to test anything inside an instance.

The change itself that is causing these problems is, IMO, pointless.  If someone clears a zone, their timer is expired and reset, then there is no reason why they shouldnt be able to enter any other instance.  it makes no sense.  So you want to keep people from "priming" instances with alts?  Is this really that big of an issue?  If someone wants to devote the time, let them.  This change does nothing but make it harder for honest people who need help finishing off an instance to find people that meet the criteria to zone in.  now we have to keep day planners on our desk and track when we create instances just so we can figure out if we can zone in to help a guildy clear a mob for a quest update?  seems pretty absurd.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

- George Bernard Shaw
Pexsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #67
Obadiah

Loremaster

Pexsus wrote:

I don't quite understand how you expect people to test content when it appears that in over a week no effort at all has been made to fix the "upgrades" you made to persistant zone timers.  it's hard enough finding a group but now we have to find a group of freshly copied toons so that noone is perma locked? 

As it stands right now, if anyone, just for curiosity, zones into a zone they will never be able to re-enter that zone unless they lock themselves to it.  Even then, when that instance expires, they will never be able to zone into a new one.  This needs to be fixed, ASAP or there is absolutely no way anyone will be able to test anything inside an instance.

The change itself that is causing these problems is, IMO, pointless.  If someone clears a zone, their timer is expired and reset, then there is no reason why they shouldnt be able to enter any other instance.  it makes no sense.  So you want to keep people from "priming" instances with alts?  Is this really that big of an issue?  If someone wants to devote the time, let them.  This change does nothing but make it harder for honest people who need help finishing off an instance to find people that meet the criteria to zone in.  now we have to keep day planners on our desk and track when we create instances just so we can figure out if we can zone in to help a guildy clear a mob for a quest update?  seems pretty absurd.

QFE. I'm sort of waiting to return to Test until this is fixed, especially since one of the first things I did was zone into the new zones, thereby dooming myself. I'm not only locked to the new zones, but since my character had visited them in the past, I'm also permanently locked out of every other instance in RoK/TSO. Neato.

Did they really intentionally make a change to the timer mechanics? Nothing has been stated in any threads or notes, and the error message is devoid of any logic.

EDIT: Although, if they really didn't want people thorough, comparative testing of the proc changes, making sure they could never enter any instance to which they had ever been before was a pretty good way to do it.

EDIT EDIT: You know what the best part is ... it loads the instance completely, entities, etc. and takes you all the way in before deciding "Oh hey, I don't like you!" and kicking you out. Brilliant.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #68
speedycerv

Loremaster

Found another bug for rangers:

The AA on the shadow tree for rangers which is called "Focused Attacks" does not add the benefit to Nature's Focus as it should when points are put into it. Already /buged it.

speedycerv is offline   Reply With Quote