EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Account Related Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
RamierezD

Loremaster

So, I haven't played in a long time...many years in fact.  I figured that since the game is F2p I would pop on and look around at things.

I managed to get in yesterday and ran around a bit, and now today when I try to login, it tells me that I need to setup a subscription to play.

I've looked and can't find much of anything to help with this though I found something that said to download the launchpad 4 to install in the EQ2 directory that was from a fairly old thread and I gave that a shot.

It's just really kind of strange since this is F2p and nobody needs a sub, and beyond that, I was just logged in yesterday without a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Which, btw, the full error is "You need to setup a subscription.  Please click here to start this process"

RamierezD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
General_Info

Lord

I'd suggest verifing your cache in the launcher and then see if it works.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
RamierezD

Loremaster

I was actually in the process of having it do a validate assets when I posted so I just got to test that a little bit ago and still got the same error.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
Calthine

ZAM EQII

That really is odd.  I'd get Tech Support involved.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
RamierezD

Loremaster

That's what I was afraid of...I have a ticket open already so I'll just have to sit tight then.  Thanks

Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
Wingrider01

Loremaster

RamierezD wrote:

That's what I was afraid of...I have a ticket open already so I'll just have to sit tight then.  Thanks

curious - are you using the new launcher or are you still using the old patcher that came with the game - the old one is not supported anymore, nor does it function conrrectly

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

RamierezD wrote:

So, I haven't played in a long time...many years in fact.  I figured that since the game is F2p I would pop on and look around at things.

I managed to get in yesterday and ran around a bit, and now today when I try to login, it tells me that I need to setup a subscription to play.

I've looked and can't find much of anything to help with this though I found something that said to download the launchpad 4 to install in the EQ2 directory that was from a fairly old thread and I gave that a shot.

It's just really kind of strange since this is F2p and nobody needs a sub, and beyond that, I was just logged in yesterday without a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Which, btw, the full error is "You need to setup a subscription.  Please click here to start this process"

Welcome back to EVerQuest II! The game is indeed free to play so it's odd that it is requesting you to subscribe. I'd recommend submitting a ticket to our billing support team so we can figure out what's going on. It may just be a bug.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
RamierezD

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

curious - are you using the new launcher or are you still using the old patcher that came with the game - the old one is not supported anymore, nor does it function conrrectly

I actually had fresh downloaded the game as this is a new rig and I no longer have my disks, but I did ensure I went and got the launchpad 4 as I mentioned earlier, so no dice there unfortunately.

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Welcome back to EVerQuest II! The game is indeed free to play so it's odd that it is requesting you to subscribe. I'd recommend submitting a ticket to our billing support team so we can figure out what's going on. It may just be a bug.

Yup, I still had the ticket open from when they restored my account so I updated that with the new issue and they got me fixed up. Thanks =)

Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

RamierezD wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

I actually had fresh downloaded the game as this is a new rig and I no longer have my disks, but I did ensure I went and got the launchpad 4 as I mentioned earlier, so no dice there unfortunately.

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Yup, I still had the ticket open from when they restored my account so I updated that with the new issue and they got me fixed up. Thanks =)

Sweet man! Have fun Questing!

How to Contact Support:

Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
leajin

Loremaster

Don't even try to deal with their billing. They are incredibly inept. I had error problems when subbing my account back to gold and they managed to take my money from my bank account but due to their errors my money is being returned which will take 3-5 working days and all I can do is wait. Unacceptable.

leajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

leajin wrote:

Don't even try to deal with their billing. They are incredibly inept. I had error problems when subbing my account back to gold and they managed to take my money from my bank account but due to their errors my money is being returned which will take 3-5 working days and all I can do is wait. Unacceptable.

Refunds typically take 3-5 business days to process. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Mind pming me your ticket reference number? I'll be happy to look over it and even give you the status of your refund.

How to Contact Support: