EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Davngr1

Loremaster

i remember reading some post from soe that lead me to believe that content will now be added as part of the gold sub not purchased separately in expansion form.    some people in the chat channels are convinced that this will also be a purchased expansion.    so what's the deal?   still purchasing expansions or part of the gold sub?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Lizabethan

Philosopher

As far as I know, this expac will be just like the others: $40, bought seperately from your sub. I think they're confusing GUs, which are free content updates (like 63, where WL was introduced) and expacs, which are paid for.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Can we buy the expansion with station cash will be the big question?

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

I'm going to guess not, given the recension of Station Cash paid accounts.  SOE seems to want the full price in real cash(i.e. no using x3 SC weekends to get cheap expansions) for real world goods and services.   I could be wrong though.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
KenCoop

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

SOE seems to want the full price in real cash(i.e. no using x3 SC weekends to get cheap expansions)...

What, you mean I can't use the 3x weekend to redeem my $15 Walmart card for 6k SC, then buy the xpac at a 50% discount for 2k SC and effectively pay $5 for the expansion....... /rage.

(LOL, hope you got that I was joking.  Was nice to get a year's sub for 30 bucks each on my 2 accounts, but I would hope SoE has learned from that because I really do like playing EQ2 and want it to stick around, and I doubt if it could with that pricing structure)

KenCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #6
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

the better trick was the folks who get 500 SC a month could get AoD collector's edition for FREE.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
ranga

Loremaster

Why, why, why do Sony leave people to guess at this stuff.

People simply want to know!

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Wingrider01

Loremaster

ranga wrote:

what is there to guess - it is an announced expansion with level increase, so it will be purchased, no expansion noe subscription is eligible for sc, so this expansion will not be either.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
ranga

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

ranga wrote:

what is there to guess - it is an announced expansion with level increase, so it will be purchased, no expansion noe subscription is eligible for sc, so this expansion will not be either.

It is clear that many people do not understand because the pricing has NOT been announced. It is not that difficult.

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
Mohee

Lord

All my station cash has been bought at normal price (no triple/double SC). Why not let me buy the expansion with it? There's nothing else on the marketplace worth spending a dime on...

Lord knows the last thing i'll ever give SOE is a debit/credit card number again SMILEY

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Chronus1

Loremaster

Only thing bad about not being able to buy the expac with SC is that you can't spend a few thousand plat on SC cards to buy it.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
Merker

Lord

" All my station cash has been bought at normal price (no triple/double SC). Why not let me buy the expansion with it? There's nothing else on the marketplace worth spending a dime on...Lord knows the last thing i'll ever give SOE is a debit/credit card number again "

Use PayPal! (I think they accept PayPal don't they?) ;o)I have used PayPal since 2001 or 2002 and have never had any issues, ever.

..and darn you with your twinky Guardian! LOL!

Old 09-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Mohee wrote:

All my station cash has been bought at normal price (no triple/double SC). Why not let me buy the expansion with it? There's nothing else on the marketplace worth spending a dime on...

Lord knows the last thing i'll ever give SOE is a debit/credit card number again

I have used the same credit card since 1999 to pay for subscriptions for the SOE games, it is the only thing that it is used for. have never had a questionable charge on the card in 13 years

If they do it for one that have to do it for all, so will probably not occur and yes if you have a reoccurring subscription you get 5.00 free station cash every month

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I went back through the announcement and saw that everyone is correct - no price was given. I'm sure it's because the team is still debating, or that it was not communicated well when it was made. I'm positive, though, that it will be a $40 purchase, based on history; they usually release a free GU in the middle of the year and a paid expac at the end, near FF.

Will it be able to be bought with SC? No. Read back to the post in August: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521278

Starting Monday, August 27th, 2012, we will no longer accept Station Cash as a payment method for Expansions and DLC Packs. Real-world currency will be the only way to purchase these products. (Keep in mind that DLC packs are part of a different game and that this announcement was copied and pasted across all of their forums)

Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
Davngr1

Loremaster

i made this post because many different soe delegates made sweeping statements that lead readers to believe that the gold sub and SC revenue was going to be the new driving market behind new content.    i don't have an issue with either model, i just want to know what they're doing and why this new expac isn't being beta tested to work out bugs and such.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
Senvares

Loremaster

i think it should be free since they have ruined the game quite a bit already by replacing the term FREE with a big FU to all players.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Davngr1 wrote:

why this new expac isn't being beta tested to work out bugs and such.

What? That's completely different than subs or methods of buying expacs. At any rate, Beta is almost ready to accept the new expac and it will be Beta tested when the time comes.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
Davngr1

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

Davngr1 wrote:

why this new expac isn't being beta tested to work out bugs and such.

What? That's completely different than subs or methods of buying expacs. At any rate, Beta is almost ready to accept the new expac and it will be Beta tested when the time comes.

yes, i just threw that in since i was hastily posting before taking off and it's one of the reasons i believed something had changed since by this time they would have all ready been putting up the expac for pre-order and offering it free to FF attendees.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

I'm almost sure they already announced that FF attendees will have a free copy.

For the pre-orders, my guess is we won't see anything until the euros are transfered to PSS1 (alternatively when they're sure they can't do it before the Xpack release)

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
Zergosch

Loremaster

Didn´t they said, xpacs come with normal udpates and feature sets must be purchased? Thats why they put up AoD, with just adds some features, no realy content, besides of dm ofcourse.

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #21
Loch

Historian

Zergosch wrote:

Didn´t they said, xpacs come with normal udpates and feature sets must be purchased? Thats why they put up AoD, with just adds some features, no realy content, besides of dm ofcourse.

They tried this but it wasn't well received, so now it's back to the way it used to be.

Loch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
Finora

Tester

Davngr1 wrote:

yes, i just threw that in since i was hastily posting before taking off and it's one of the reasons i believed something had changed since by this time they would have all ready been putting up the expac for pre-order and offering it free to FF attendees.

They have already offered the expansion(standard edition) for free to Fan Fair attendees. And they haven't had lengthy betas for at least several expansions now. The last two were particularly short imo. I am also pretty sure that pre-orders usually started sometime around the time beta started.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
Landiin

Loremaster

When is the XPack due to be released? Nov?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #24
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Davngr1 wrote:

They have already offered the expansion(standard edition) for free to Fan Fair attendees. And they haven't had lengthy betas for at least several expansions now. The last two were particularly short imo. I am also pretty sure that pre-orders usually started sometime around the time beta started.

do you have a link?   because i haven't seen anything "free" expansion wise with regards to this FF.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
SteelPiston

Loremaster

Clean the dust off your credit card. CoE will probably be a download only.

Pre-orders should be happening sometime in the next few weeks. When I think about it, I bet we'll get the Majestic Pridewing flying mount as the pre-order incentive. That probably explains why the goblin tickets don't have it any more.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
Davngr1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Davngr1 wrote:

nothing here about the "free expac".    you sure you're not just posting what you "think" they have offered?  based on what has been offered in the past?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Somewhere (maybe Twitter? *lol*) I remember that there was an official comment about them not knowing yet if they will include the xpac for fan faire *cough* SOE Live again.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #28
kaboro

Loremaster

Im with the OP on this one.

I remember when EQ2 switched to f2p, they said future expansions will be free, or at least thats what they led to believe.

I might be wrong of course because there is nothing more misleading than corporate words.

I have a one year station access sub and i dont regret it, its just that i was led to believe that future development will be free, so just like the OP, im curious to know whats going on.

kaboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #29
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

kaboro wrote:

Im with the OP on this one.

I remember when EQ2 switched to f2p, they said future expansions will be free, or at least thats what they led to believe.

I might be wrong of course because there is nothing more misleading than corporate words.

I have a one year station access sub and i dont regret it, its just that i was led to believe that future development will be free, so just like the OP, im curious to know whats going on.

how it was announced when f2p went live was when a new expansion was released the last  expansion would be included free.

so in novemder after the new expansion is released, the last expansion wich was DoV would have been free. but im pretty sure they scrapped that idea since  AoD.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #30
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Trevynoae wrote:

Somewhere (maybe Twitter? *lol*) I remember that there was an official comment about them not knowing yet if they will include the xpac for fan faire *cough* SOE Live again.

It was during the Fan Faire webcast they had about a week and a half ago now. Only All Access passes qualify for the free EQ/EQ2 expansions, though.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote