EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

So far, it's a real pita to get working. I click calibrate, and it will make a face after that.....then it doesn't even follow me (I'm assuming its supposed to?)

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Juggercap

Elder

I disabled it on one character and it stayed disabled when I camped to another. Thumbs up from me.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Vinyard

Loremaster

K, enabling it, and then restarting the game (as administrator) seems to have helped. I'm still having some issues, but I can start making faces SMILEY

Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Vinyard

Loremaster

what kind of webcam did you test this with? Seriously, the recognition and capture is so bad.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
ttobey

Developer

When giving feedback, could you let us know race/gender Soga or non Soga?

-Thanks!

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

I hvae only local Voice channel no guild not group no custom.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

ttobey wrote:

-Thanks!

I play a SOGA Half-Elf Female character... Do I ned a webcam for this thing to work, becasue I don't currently have one or plans to change that.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So far, it's a real pita to get working. I click calibrate, and it will make a face after that.....then it doesn't even follow me (I'm assuming its supposed to?)

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000

Think they said you might need to bighten the image, so get out the interrogation light kit and that might solve your problem.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
Vinyard

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

-Thanks!

Non-soga half elf male. I tried moving closer to my webcam and farther away. Also my character would make random faces if I was sitting still
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
Vinyard

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000

Think they said you might need to bighten the image, so get out the interrogation light kit and that might solve your problem.

Lol. I have my blinds open and the sun was on me
Old 08-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

ttobey wrote:

-Thanks!

I play a SOGA Half-Elf Female character... Do I ned a webcam for this thing to work, becasue I don't currently have one or plans to change that.

Did you read the patch notes/faq?

You do need a horse to be a horse jockey.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Dexella

Community Relations

Hi everyone,

I went ahead and made this topic "sticky," so it's highly visible and more players will have a chance to share their feedback and experiences with SOEmote. 

Please keep the conversation constructive! Also, notice ttobey's note about including your character race, gender, and SOGA or Non-SOGA. 

For additional information, make sure to check out the guide on SOEmote.com.

Thanks!

~Dexella

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
omeekai

Lord

trying this out with the woodelf non soga model and her eyes keep rolling back and looking spastic and creepy even when i've stopped making faces or keep my eyes still.  not attractive.  LOL

it's a little better on the female dark elf model and smoother but still weird and laggy.  still lots of eye twitchy stuff going on.  

i'm using one of the microsoft lifecams that i had sitting around.  

omeekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #14
ttobey

Developer

omeekai wrote:

trying this out with the woodelf non soga model and her eyes keep rolling back and looking spastic and creepy even when i've stopped making faces or keep my eyes still.  not attractive.  LOL

it's a little better on the dark elf model and smoother but still weird and laggy.  still lots of eye twitchy stuff going on.  

i'm using one of the microsoft lifecams that i had sitting around.  

Check the option window where you can see the dots on your face. Are they also twitching?

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 08-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
omeekai

Lord

yes, the dots are twitching.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
ttobey

Developer

omeekai wrote:

OK usually that means it's the quality of the webcam.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
Brigh

Loremaster

I am trying to figure out how to use the voice fonts. I see the little record button next to the drop down box but clicking it only grays it out for a bit and pushing my PTT key doesn't seem to record and play back what I am testing.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
omeekai

Lord

ttobey wrote:

omeekai wrote:

OK usually that means it's the quality of the webcam.

that was my guess.   i just don't see myself shelling out the money for a more expensive webcam.  perhaps in the future if i find myself wanting to do more with this or with skype etc...  

thanks much for the reply.  

i was also gonna mention on the fae it's hard to see what they are doing because they have small features and i couldn't zoom in close.  

i do think the non soga woodelf model has the potential for really good expressions when it's working properly.  it was odd seeing her all spazzy and making weird out of place eye movements because they are quite beautiful in still.  hee hee.  

Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
Brienae
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

I played around with it on my Husband's computer (He has a webcam built into his computer. I have no webcam, but I want one) I went through all eight of my characters on live and these are my opinions:

Fae: No teeth, no tongue... her mouth is a gaping black hole.  Is there a reason why Fae have no teeth?  This is my main and she's a Troubador.  Other than that it was fun to watch.  Of course Fae eyes don't seem to animate very much, as there isn't much to watch since it's all one color.  No complaints there you can still narrow your eyes which works

Freeblood: Excellent, love the look of the fangs and all of her teeth.  Her eyes also animate nicely.  Overall the Freeblood is great. 

Ratonga: Very cute.  I guess it makes sense that she only has 4 teeth. (two on top and two on bottom) Her mouth also seems to have a lot of detail you can see the tissue of her gums when yawning.

Iksar: Not as much detail in the mouth as the Ratonga but very well done on the teeth.  Now can someone please help my Paladin locate a tooth brush?

Halfling: No complaints on Halfling, just not as as fun as the others.  Not her fault no markings or jewelry to make her different.

Half-Elf: (Note:  My Half-Elf is set as an original model) My Half-Elf Monk has two piercings one on her lip and one in her eyebrow.  I have no peircings in either place.  I was amazed to see that as I moved my mouth and eyebrows her expression moved around them such as biting the ring on her lip.  I thought that was a nice touch.

Kerra: Has smaller teeth than the Iksar but that's fine.

Arasai: Same exact comment as with the Fae.

Overall I love the feature and I look forward to someday soon hopefully getting my own webcam.

I am Nature's Wrath incarnate like the fire I destroy and rejuvenate~Tetriemmy Windfoot
Brienae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #20
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

I have anti-glare glasses, it tracks my eyes fine. My son (who plays) does not have anti-glare ones, and trying to get his head in a perfect spot that has no glare whatsoever for it to pick up his eyeballs was close to impossible. Not really much can be done there, I guess, but just getting that out there for anyone else with glasses having issues.

The human female (never SOGA) looks like she smoked a big bowl of something and got her mouth widened whenever she laughs. I have the Logitech C920, tried various lighting (the dots "twitch" regardless of what I do, as mentioned by someone else above, so I question that referring to quality of the webcam as this one is only 2 months old and barely used), and it just was far from accurate for almost everything aside from blinking and eyebrow raising/furrowing. Should've been on Test first, IMO.

edit: I'm working on uploading a few videos to youtube, one of which has all three of my kids messing around with it.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
iksee

Loremaster

Female iksar, upper teeth going though bottom lip also white line in back out mouth. On Sarnak female and most likely on male the tongue just gose all over the place. Ratonga just dont look right.

other then those and loss of tracking that makes the characters face very twitchy unless the camera is right there in face, it's okay. oh and eyes like to look up, moved my camera all over.

iksee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #22
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Here's the first video, this was me trying various facial expressions. The mouth went crazy if I laughed or smiled widely. Head tracking for things like shaking your head or nodding is really bad, you have to move super-slow, otherwise the face goes wonky.

Video of my kids having at it has ~45 mins left on its upload.

iksee wrote:

oh and eyes like to look up, moved my camera all over.

That happened on my human char as well, eyeballs were constantly drifting up or twitching.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
Afun
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Raiders Of The Mist

Loremaster

Ok I can't seem to find cam requirements anywhere.

If the quality of the cam is the issue what are the min requirements for the cam?

NVM I found it. http://soemote.com/

Afun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #24
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Ok I can't seem to find cam requirements anywhere.

If the quality of the cam is the issue what are the min requirements for the cam?

Try http://soemote.com at the bottom of the page.

Last video, this is of my three kids using the feature. The first kid was the one without the anti-glare glasses and there's about 2-3 minutes where we were trying to get lighting, camera placement, where he had his head positioned--SOMETHING--to work for tracking his eyes, but in the end gave up on that.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #25
Thalzokal
Guild: Eternal Destiny

Loremaster

I have disabled soemote and voicechat as well as anything else related to it, auto join etc. I then use alt-v to hide the voicechat bar since it wants to stay now. When I zone the bar returns. Please fix this
Thalzokal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
Corydonn

Loremaster

Sums it up for me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPQ...mp;feature=plcp

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #27
omeekai

Lord

i just tried it again with more lighting next to my monitor and it's working a little better with less twitchy dots.  

Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #28
Brigh

Loremaster

Corydonn wrote:

Don't use EQ II's video capture. It sucks. The highest resolution setting is terrible and it takes forever to upload compared to using your own video programs and uploading via YouTube.

btw I still don't know how these voice fonts work. I can't even record and test unlike when I use normal vc record and test, unless that is the reason it isn't working, due to vc not being up right now.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #29
Corydonn

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Corydonn wrote:

Don't use EQ II's video capture. It sucks. The highest resolution setting is terrible and it takes forever to upload compared to using your own video programs and uploading via YouTube.

Just getting my stare on. Didn't feel like I needed anything high quality.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
Yimway

Loremaster

Ok, so I disabled this crap, why is my group window still 3x the size it should be and is no longer resizable any smaller?