EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 AM   #331
Malleria

Loremaster

Rampage wrote:

Cant speak for others but I bought SC few months ago and only just came back to the game, to find I cant spend. Since I'm not playing the game from then til now I'm obviously not keeping up with it , reading Launcher, etc? This is the first I heard of it since I logged in today and saw it wasn't in the Marketplace. That is ree. tar. ded!

...really?

You don't play the game, or even keep up with changes, for a few months and then come back expecting it to be exactly how you left it? Things change. Deal with it.

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #332
Natsume

Philosopher

deadcrickets2 wrote:

foggynites wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

- Not everyone hangs on every word of this forum, and many don't get SoE emails (me, for one).

Or read the Facebook page, or the Twitter page, or visit the Launcher, read the in-game announcement, or visit MMO sites apparantly.

SOE made, in my opinion, a smart business move.  They were looking at an issue with accounts receivable where the accounts payable due to the newer games being released would have put them into the red.  The prior situation of folks pay less than $3 per month for a gold subscription was not a viable business practice and frankly should never have been allowed.  Folks can still get a subscription using the SC cards, debit cards, credit cards, and other methods including mobile and Paypal.  If you still feel you are slighted you can contact Customer Service and see if they might, just might, be willing to work with you.  

Last I checked, you cannot get a sub with paypal.

I'm able to.  

You can buy SC with Paypal, but you can't buy a membership with it ...

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #333
Furore

Journeyman

Most games remain static on what they offer, Malleria.  I love your indignant responses though. 

It's not often that you leave a game for 3 months, return to find that say an entire class has been removed.  It's not like he's expressing astonishment that gear changed or new AA were added.  He's confused why a service was removed from the game which he opted into via SC. 

*Insults are not permitted*

Furore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #334
Malleria

Loremaster

Furore wrote:

Most games remain static on what they offer, Malleria.  I love your indignant responses though. 

It's not often that you leave a game for 3 months, return to find that say an entire class has been removed.  It's not like he's expressing astonishment that gear changed or new AA were added.  He's confused why a service was removed from the game which he opted into via SC. 

*Please do not quote forum violations*

The reasons 'why' have been made very clear. Whether you accept the official version or the player version. He's not upset because of 'why' it was removed. He's upset he can't play for virtually nothing anymore. Ordinarily I'd have a great sympathy, but the fact remains it was clearly announced after the initial outcry. I have no sympathy at all for someone who by their own admission completely ignored the game for months and then came back to a change they didn't like.

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #335
DamselInDistress

Champion

Malleria wrote:

Furore wrote:

The reasons 'why' have been made very clear. Whether you accept the official version or the player version. He's not upset because of 'why' it was removed. He's upset he can't play for virtually nothing anymore. Ordinarily I'd have a great sympathy, but the fact remains it was clearly announced after the initial outcry. I have no sympathy at all for someone who by their own admission completely ignored the game for months and then came back to a change they didn't like.

I agree with you on this one.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #336
Furore

Journeyman

I thought he was free to play his way.

Furore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #337
Rampage

Philosopher

Malleria wrote:

Furore wrote:

Maybe you would like to read what I said again as you clearly have trouble with comprehesion. I said I BOUGHT SC a few months ago. I never said I bought anything at discount prices. I never said I was gone more than a month. I bought SC with the intent to sub my accounts some time in the future. That's the only thing I intended to spend it on and now I can't because they removed it as quietly as they could. I'm opted into SOE emails and NEVER got an email about it; nor was there an announcement on the Launcher as far as I can tell.

Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #338
Davito

Loremaster

I'm not going to read through all 23-24 pages to see if someone already said it or not. But within the 5 pages i did read, i didn't see 1 person say it.

The reason they cancelled the nonrecurring ingame so that you can no longer BUY IT INGAME, is because people would wait for double or triple SC days, and then be able to pay off an ENTIRE 12 months with just 3-4 cards (rather than 12).

You can still buy SC with plat ingame and use the code for gametime though.  So i'm not really sure what you are all crying about.

For the 99% of you that ACT like you are posting logical information, you sure don't think of the simple things.

Davito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #339
Barzzboi
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lost Coast Privateers

Loremaster

*Where* can you buy SC with plat? I've heard this but never seen it in game, yet. Maybe I am blind...

Barzzboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #340
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

*Where* can you buy SC with plat? I've heard this but never seen it in game, yet. Maybe I am blind...

It's usually done in the chat channels. I see a couple a night offering to sell SC cards. But be warned: trades like that aren't SOE-sanctioned or SOE-supported. The usual protections of the trade window aren't present, it's not an in-game item being given to you, and if the seller won't deliver or delivers a dud (a code that's already been used or isn't valid) Customer Service can't/won't be able to help you get your plat back.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #341
Regolas

Loremaster

Actually Smokejumper specifically said on these forums that they knew exactly what they were doing in respect to double / triple SC and subs. If I wasn't on my phone I'd quote it. I'll search for it and post the link in a minute instead. Everyone that's bleating on about how they pulled it for that reason is only doing it because THEY feel it was too good to be true, not because SOE said it was. Link to follow (hopefully)
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #342
Regolas

Loremaster

Actually it was Smed and on page 15 of this thread. Apologies for the bad quoting but I'm using my phone and only quick reply works Very simply put we pulled the non-recurring subscriptions because we want a closer look at the numbers and how our overall pricing of subscriptions is impacted by it. I don't want anyone thinking they were pulled because of double DC promotions or anything like that. We know what we're getting into when we run those promotions. We've been running them for years and we run them because our players like them. It may surprise people, but we actually see terrific numbers on the days we run those promotions so it's a win- win for our players and for us. We're trying to figure out the right balance of things that make our customers feel great about our pricing and balance that against our customer base as a whole. We aren't saying they are going away for good.. we're just looking carefully at the data right now and how we do this right. Please be patient while we figure this out. These non-recurring subscriptions are something we're still working through and we want to make sure we do this right. Obviously as a business we have to make sure the decisions we're making good for our players, and I assure you that's what we're trying to do. Smed
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #343
Wolfmyth

Loremaster

Well thank you SOE.

After your servers got hacked and my details are now out (battlenet account got hacked 2 weeks later) I decided to give you one last chance.

I took a brake from the game like I always do, for nearly a year now. I have 22k SC just sitting there unusable now. This is the last straw. You will not get a single penny from my anymore.

Welcome to my list.

Wolfmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #344
SteelPiston

Loremaster

Wolfmyth wrote:

Well thank you SOE.

After your servers got hacked and my details are now out (battlenet account got hacked 2 weeks later) I decided to give you one last chance.

I took a brake from the game like I always do, for nearly a year now. I have 22k SC just sitting there unusable now. This is the last straw. You will not get a single penny from my anymore.

Welcome to my list.

Oh no, Not the list!

You know, you can spend it on stuff in the other SOE games like Free Realms etc? It doesn't have to be in EQ2.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #345
opeca

Guardian

so what u are all saying is that we can no longer get gold membership with the station cash. well i am glad i didnt go out and get more cards to try for a 6 month that way but now i have 8500 sc that is just gonna go to waste thats bs. they need to bring it back cause some people refuse to give my credit card info to a place that has been hacked so many times. give me back my station cash membership or lose me and my family for a LONG time if not even forever. i will go play another game that is truely free to play not one that claims to be yet wont let me use my saved up sc to get gold i am so upset with soe right now.

opeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #346
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

opeca wrote:

so what u are all saying is that we can no longer get gold membership with the station cash. well i am glad i didnt go out and get more cards to try for a 6 month that way but now i have 8500 sc that is just gonna go to waste thats bs. they need to bring it back cause some people refuse to give my credit card info to a place that has been hacked so many times. give me back my station cash membership or lose me and my family for a LONG time if not even forever. i will go play another game that is truely free to play not one that claims to be yet wont let me use my saved up sc to get gold i am so upset with soe right now.

your a little to late, they removed it 3 or 4 months ago. before they removed it they informed everyone they were going to and gave them a week + to buy more membership time for sc.

it funny how you guys are acting like this is something new and nobody was told about it.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #347
Kasar

Loremaster

opeca wrote:

I don't know why they don't offer alternatives through other processors.  PayPal isn't that much more than their current merchant account for card processing, that other enormous MMO studio has had PayPal options for years.  There're a dozen other payment processing services if that one can't work for some specific reason, all of which would allow people to subscribe without worrying about leaving CC info on Sony's servers.

From the user end, this studio seems to run as though it were some shoestring operation that can't qualify for legitimate business functions and their internal services tend to go backwards and become less flexible, which doesn't really help the trust issues.  Character transfers, including between accounts, was once automated, followed by years of only manual moves.  Want to change account plans?  Wait for your current one to expire and only then can you start a different one, as though it's some outside entity (like PayPal) so they have no control over anything.  I think I've typed this all before, so I'm done.. 

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #348
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Kasar wrote:

opeca wrote:

I don't know why they don't offer alternatives through other processors.  PayPal isn't that much more than their current merchant account for card processing, that other enormous MMO studio has had PayPal options for years.  There're a dozen other payment processing services if that one can't work for some specific reason, all of which would allow people to subscribe without worrying about leaving CC info on Sony's servers.

From the user end, this studio seems to run as though it were some shoestring operation that can't qualify for legitimate business functions and their internal services tend to go backwards and become less flexible, which doesn't really help the trust issues.  Character transfers, including between accounts, was once automated, followed by years of only manual moves.  Want to change account plans?  Wait for your current one to expire and only then can you start a different one, as though it's some outside entity (like PayPal) so they have no control over anything.  I think I've typed this all before, so I'm done.. 

they do have altrernatives for paying for things, as far as waiting for the current subscriptio to end before being able to change, that is untrue, have switched fomr a all access subscription back to a regular one with no wait. Now changing payment schedules does take the wait for the current subscription to expire, but this is true in every pay to play senario around - same thing happens on the other pay to play games

Character transfer between servers on the same account is still 100 percent automated, character transfer between accounts is not for the simple reason the to and from accounts need to be verified to prevent people from selling their ultra-uber always win character to another player for 10 billion in real world funds and just transfering the character to a unrelated account - this prevent violation of policy and possible fraud / theft / scamming

Personally have no issue with having cc information on SOE's billing servers, have used the same card since 1999 to pay for my soe subscriptions and there has never been a unkown charge show up on the card - this is the ONLY thing that this particular card is used for, the number is no places else nor has it ever ben scanned, swiped  or manually entered into any other system - so that tells me that even though theirs and other online pay to play games have had their systems hacked, no credit card information was passed on to allow thieves to access funds, I have the same senario for wow and the other two online games that I and my daughters play - they each have a unique credit card that entered that is not uders for anything else, same with email address, each game and account has a unique email address that is not used for anything else.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote