EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Portak

Loremaster

after crash. ever since your "revamp" i crash on dang near every zoneline. I raid, and it makes it very hard to explain why...so you tell me, I have bought a 1 gig vid card, so really, that can not be an issue, memory is not the issue,  my hardware all checks out...so....its sad, acronyms are not allowd, because they are simple....something I would expect sony to understand....but I digress.... was not safe for kids so says sony... have you idiots done? In a real world situation, I would never call someone a idiot, but this has to be on your end. I have changed processors, vid cards, and memory, even main boards...it has to be a software issue as no other apps, or normal use crash the machine....fix your  or wave goodbye to yet another vet player...and yes, by vet, I mean before your xxxxx sony took over verant. Verant....cared when xxxx was wrong and fixed it...you...not so much.

Portak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Portak wrote:

after crash. ever since your "revamp" i crash on dang near every zoneline. I raid, and it makes it very hard to explain why...so you tell me, I have bought a 1 gig vid card, so really, that can not be an issue, memory is not the issue,  my hardware all checks out...so....its sad, acronyms are not allowd, because they are simple....something I would expect sony to understand....but I digress.... was not safe for kids so says sony... have you idiots done? In a real world situation, I would never call someone a idiot, but this has to be on your end. I have changed processors, vid cards, and memory, even main boards...it has to be a software issue as no other apps, or normal use crash the machine....fix your  or wave goodbye to yet another vet player...and yes, by vet, I mean before your xxxxx sony took over verant. Verant....cared when xxxx was wrong and fixed it...you...not so much.

verant was sony. likewise 989 Studios...

would help if you detail out your systems, 

give a example of what the crash messages are, any system event messages being generated?

what driver versions you are running,

what is the basic system configuration.

Did you do fresh installs when you changed processors,

was the video card you pruchase the same manufacturer as your previous one,

Is your PSU sufficient on the 12 volt rails to run your new video card

if the new vidoe card was a different chipset then the previous did you run a drivder cleaner to remove all traces of the old driver

A dxdiag would be quite helpful also

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
luckynemo

Lord

I have been getting a lot of crashes recently as well. it seems to be for me only on the new toon i created. i have had no changes to my systems. the only thing that has changed has been eq2 and the updates. i am using a basic hp laptop and no after market intalls. my drivers are up to date and using an ati video. the game stops working and then i get the windows message that it is no longer responding. 

Old 09-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Wingrider01

Loremaster

luckynemo wrote:

I have been getting a lot of crashes recently as well. it seems to be for me only on the new toon i created. i have had no changes to my systems. the only thing that has changed has been eq2 and the updates. i am using a basic hp laptop and no after market intalls. my drivers are up to date and using an ati video. the game stops working and then i get the windows message that it is no longer responding. 

laptops have built in video cards that share system memory, it can be the reason

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

luckynemo wrote:

laptops have built in video cards that share system memory, it can be the reason

Could also be overheating as we don't know how old this laptop is or the environment its operating in.  Or it could have been one of the automatic AMD video driver updates that occurs now with newer Catalyst drivers (unless you have it set to manual).  Plus, there have been a slew of Windows updates in the past month.  

I would first ensure that the laptop is clear of anything that may cause overheating.  Then I would would the current video drivers, reboot, and install the drivers again.  

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
TSR-SeanF

Customer Service

Please feel free to open a support ticket with your dxdiag and msinfo files and we will be happy to take a look at your system and assist you further.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-SeanF is offline   Reply With Quote