EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #3091
isest

Loremaster

Alaralana wrote:

Still no word from SOE? Not even Piestro? How come? What gives?

I got a felling that legal has to them all to shut up on the topic with hopes this would die down.

However I have noticed that Piestro last post was midday Friday, so maybe hes on vacation or he just got sick of trying to deal with a hostile player base.

This entire situation could easily be fixed if soe was really listing to the player base and not legal team who got them in this mess.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #3092
agnott

Loremaster

Alaralana wrote:

The mods were painting themselves into a corner. It sure seems like the legal dept came in issued an all silent about this deal.

It's like when your boyfriend or girlfriend has suddenly becomes secretive, they are either planning your birthday party or they are cheating on you and you're about to be dumped.

....... SOE is not planning your birthday party.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #3093
Fudged
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Blood and Steel

Loremaster

I'm checking this thread every two/three days, and seeing no updates from any mods/producers. Nothing. Nil. Zip.

Hey SoE - We, the players, require answers to the most basic and fundamental questions relating to this deal.  SILENCE is not an answer.

[email protected] wrote:

This is a list of items than as of this time we do not have a definitive answer as to whether or not they are being worked on or considered, most were not even covered in the original FAQ. These need to have clear concise answers. I am trying to update this list when I see something posted. So far Smedley has only indicated that they have a plan to allow players to play on any servers, which in itself is a bit ambiguous, the rest of these items are also important to many if not all players as well.

To make this thread cleaner and easier if you want something added PM it to me and I will edit this to get it on here and I will repost an updated version at around 9AM or so EST every day.

All of these merit a response, and should be clearly defined in whatever new FAQ you toss out whenever you do.

• *Will Accounts on BOTH EU and rest of world servers permitted with one account.
  • * This has gotten a vague answer, but currently no reasonable interpretation can be made as to just exactly what Smedley and Brasse mean, and what limitations their solution to no ip-blocking entails.
  • Will Billing information and account information retained and maintained by SOE
  • Will cross server communication mail/chat/server channels be permitted
  • Will players be able to continue to transfer servers assuming recurring billing/account age etc are met.
  • Will new accounts have the choice in who to sign up with SOE/PSS.1
  • Will ALL players continue to receive LoN cards (part of US subscription, if not they get less and adjustments are needed)
  • Will ALL players have access to EQ2 Players
  • Will the KeyFobs EU players spent a lot of money on continue to work for them
  • How much will accounts be at PSS.1 (A price similar to ... is not an answer. A fly is similar to an eagle. See what I mean?)
  • Will PSS.1 continue to get 500 SC or will there be a clear equivalent of alaplaya points (not acceptable to some I know)
  • Will accounts be deleted for inactivity? If not will alaplayas FAQ be changed to reflect such because it says they can
  • How will station access accounts be handled. i.e. will they still have the same access to games not included in this deal
  • Will ALL accounts be able to access and POST on the official SOE forums (for feedback on mechanics to the devs etc)
  • How will access to beta forums be handled?
  • Will ALL players have access to Test, TestCopy and Beta servers? (ALL meaning EU and US players)
  • Will the guide program continue to be available on ALL servers
  • How will /bug and /feedback be handled (and be aware that the answer to cross server comms DOES matter)
  • Will players get a free transfer to a US server if they do not wish to create a PSS1 account or play on their servers?
  • What will happen to SC on accounts that had existing characters on EU and US servers the FAQ states it will be converted into PSS1's currency, but players may have other characters on US servers and in EQ that will require the retention of their SC?
  • The ProSieben FAQ/TOS needs to be amended to declare that they will not delete characters  for inactivity, a post explaining that they do not really do that on the forums is not sufficient.
  • *Will the EU and Akella servers be included in the in-game polls that you will be using to influence the direction of the game? *This has a response though it is one that is not acceptable, waiting around for SOE to arrange translation is no good, provide the polls in English until you are ready to provide them in a translated format, or don't provide them at all.

And I must apologize for overlooking this one again and will put it by itself so it stands out, I've saw it multiple times and at one time it would have applied to me.

• How will U.S. Military/Government stationed overseas be handled. Treat them wrong and it is guaranteed to be a dealbreaker for many
  • Also what about U.S. Citizens working abroad

Other

•  When is it intended that these changes will be introduced? Within weeks or months? (Soon is not good enough here there must be a timeline of some sort)
  • What degree of influence or involvement, if any, will PSS1 have on the items placed in the Marketplace?

I know Azzaroth has a post on this page his items were already included in this list, along with others and it has been several days since I updated this. By continuing to allow these concerns go unaddressed it shows that SOE is still not listening, most of these were epressed in the intial thread from 12 Jan, a month+ before this debacle began.

This gives you enough to be getting on with, and I have a few tips to help you answer those questions.

"We are listening/we appreciate your concerns" is not answering the question

"We are actively working on this and it will be soon..."  - SOON IS NOT A TIMESCALE. If you want our subs, and we say, we'll pay you soon, that's not acceptable to you.  Answering with SOON is not acceptable to us, the players.

Deleting posts in this thread, or moving them, is not answering questions.  You wouldn't neeed to delete posts or move them if you actually answered the questions that we, the players, are asking.

And finally, just add me to the list of players that have all but given up on this game.  My station access sub, will be cancelled at the end of March if significant information is not given.

(by the way this is a repost of my previous post,and i'm as appalled as everyone else to see that there is still no communication of any sort from the F****ards at SoE

Fudged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #3094
EQPrime

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

Alaralana wrote:

The mods were painting themselves into a corner. It sure seems like the legal dept came in issued an all silent about this deal.

It's like when your boyfriend or girlfriend has suddenly becomes secretive, they are either planning your birthday party or they are cheating on you and you're about to be dumped.

....... SOE is not planning your birthday party.

That's a pretty sweet, and quite possibly accurate, analogy!

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #3095
Morgania434

Lord

Gotta love the blood sucking lawyers. However, if the lawyers were any good at their jobs, they would have forseen the problems and moved to counter them PRIOR to any announcement. Which fact makes me wonder if any lawyers were involved at all and not just a few dozen rounds of saki with ale chasers at a chance meeting with prosabien, and now the lawyers are invloved clearing up the mess.
Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #3096
Lempo

Loremaster

Morgania434 wrote:

Gotta love the blood sucking lawyers. However, if the lawyers were any good at their jobs, they would have forseen the problems and moved to counter them PRIOR to any announcement. Which fact makes me wonder if any lawyers were involved at all and not just a few dozen rounds of saki with ale chasers at a chance meeting with prosabien, and now the lawyers are invloved clearing up the mess.

I personally feel this was all about working up a deal and getting bonus checks for sealing the deal and bringing the $ in.

I have already said it once but will say it again.

One of 2 things happened.

The players were smart enough to forecast what might happen and pegged it exactly

- OR -

SOE actually read the initial thread from Jan 12th and said "Screw 'em, they are sheep, besides we have the regular crowd that backs us regardless of what we do" and ignored every fear and concern that was expressed there and went ahead with a plan that was sure to cause a great deal of angst.

Both are plausible.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #3097
Gaealiege
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Eruanna Ar Fuin

Loremaster

Lempo may well be right, but there's no way to ever know.  That information has and always will be insider information.  Most of the staff probably don't even know what's going on.  I picture Kaitheel happily whistling while he walks around the office handing out cupcakes while Smokejumper hangs up a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

I hope that monetary infusion from PSS1 was premium, because SOE just removed several hundred accounts worth of money in the same decision.  SOE is really starting to look as bad as Zynga or EA.  Screw you now give me money. 

Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #3098
CantbeBothered

Loremaster

Whatever the reason for the silence, it's pretty obvious the only thing SOE might understand is the bottom line.  Prowhatsit won't want empty servers, they will have factored in at least some ongoing subs into the value of the deal.  The only place to hit them is in the wallet.

I've cancelled my monthly subs, SOE/Prowhatsit wont get any more money from me.  I've spent my remaining SC on another months subs (what else can I spend it on?) but once I run out of SC, then EQ2 is finished for me.  Which is a bit sad really, because I'd have payed and played for quite a while yet, up until EQ2next (if that isnt just a pipedream).  Now I'm gone from EQ2 soon, and wont even contemplate looking at eq2next.

CantbeBothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #3099
DonnyOddlegs

Loremaster

ProSiebenSat.1 bought the rights to Planetside2 and EQNext. The other stuff bundled with the deal, including EQ2, was either a sweetner and/or a trial run to iron out the kinks in account management and billing for those titles.

Those of us in Europe have been sold and we will soon cease to be SOE customers so it's no surprise there is no repsonse. If you sold your house and are waiting to move out, you don't waste time vacuuming the carpet and mowing the lawn beause it will soon be someone elses mess to clear up.

I have cancelled and won't be playing EQ2 or any other SOE title ever again.

DonnyOddlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #3100
lils

Loremaster

Sooo I am still waitin for the big plan to be announced ... I know monday has come and gone ... and another monday has come and gone ... so maybe today?

SOE? anyone??

lils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #3101
Moldylocks

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

SOE is now so quiet, I have no doubt that legal has stepped in and ordered complete radio silence on the issue. There is a good possibility that the cancellations have caused big problems with this deal. EQ2 was in it's golden years before all of this ... with spring on it's way, it might be on life support.

At the very least we got to see Smoke Jumper's true colors. When the playerbase needed him the most  ...he came up small in a big moment. Wherever he goes from here ...we know he can't be trusted.

This is what I have been saying.  Why hasn't ANYONE in higher management addressed the community?  I'm going to assume at this point legal has a pretty strong grip on what messages are being released now (read: none).  However, no message to their CUSTOMERS, at all, is so completely and utterly unprofessional its..its..*shakes head in bewilderment and walks away*

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #3102
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

Alienor wrote:

Why should SOE answer questions of ex-customers? They already sold us to another company and those guys are now responsible for us. Then again, who cares? With almost no content update in like 6 months now and only the "please come back, it is moonlight enchantment time" mailing I dont see any reason to login in even I were still on gold. At least this makes the decision pretty easy for me.

Many of the people posting to this thread, including myself, live in the US and play on US servers. We also think it's a 'bad idea', 'raw deal', etc. Many of those who have cancelled are US players. Whether SoE realizes it or not, it's not just an 'EU' issue.

I'm a Canadian customer.  I cancelled and wiped my CC info at the month and a half mark when it became evident just how rediculously mismanaged this clown show was.  Continuing to pay my account was tantamount to declaring, "I agree with this behavior, what you are doing to your playerbase, and this overall deal.".  No, sorry guys, you tried to muck with and throw away people that supported your company for years and years AND if there wasn't a riot that is still what would be happening.  That is not ok, and I cannot in good conscience support you financially anymore.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #3103
Regolas

Loremaster

I wonder what proportion of the playerbase actually posts and reads here. I only started in December 2011 and I've been playing for a few years previously. I wonder how many vocal cancellations of subs are compared to the total active. And does it even matter to SOE if the SC sales are rolling in. If you are paying for a sub or buying off the marketplace, you're an active customer still. Even if it's a 1 month sub not a 12 month. If you're playing f2p you are a potential customer. Don't try to think you're making any difference if you log in to the game. I know I'm not.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #3104
Lempo

Loremaster

So maybe it went down something like this.

The initial deal was already done before jan 12th at a minimum the we get whats and you get these details were all done.

SOE saw the reaction in the original thread and scoffed at it all the while depending on support from a small minority, who would come along and post the usual hogwash that "forum users are not your typical player" line of B.S. and that never happened, all the while SOE is telling ProSieben, "look don't worry about that, we can do whatever we want and they will take it, they might not like it but they always put up with whatever." Then when the FAQ is released and cow pie is scattered all over creation by a rotating oscillating device. This is when things get ugly, what was said would be delivered has now been vastly changed, ProSieben is demanding more or will abort the deal, and SOE says "You know what, fine take whole lot of them" and ProSieben is soon to be the prowd owner of EQ2. They have given absolutely no information that is worthwhile, the "We have a plan that will allow all players to play on any server" is about as vague as it can possibly be. Why in the hell do they need a plan for that WE CAN ALREADY DO THAT. If the deal had been severed that information could have been released, but if the deal is being made more inclusive then that could certainly bring about another month of silence, or meaningless "Look forward to the new road ahead" type blather we have been getting. Face it they saw the initial reaction and didn't care enough to heed the warnings and get that part of the deal modified, and they are going to modify it now?

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #3105
DamselInDistress

Champion

Regolas wrote:

I wonder what proportion of the playerbase actually posts and reads here. I only started in December 2011 and I've been playing for a few years previously. I wonder how many vocal cancellations of subs are compared to the total active. And does it even matter to SOE if the SC sales are rolling in. If you are paying for a sub or buying off the marketplace, you're an active customer still. Even if it's a 1 month sub not a 12 month. If you're playing f2p you are a potential customer. Don't try to think you're making any difference if you log in to the game. I know I'm not.

I actually agree with you. I am not logging either, I decided to spend my gaming time between Rift and SWTOR and definitely not EQ2.

The only way to send a message to SOE is to cancel any payments and stop logging into the game.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #3106
DamselInDistress

Champion

[email protected] wrote:

"Look forward to the new road ahead" type blather

More to play your way ? SMILEY

Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #3107
Regolas

Loremaster

Actually I do still play, but I don't kid myself that any ranting on here will make a difference while I still keep playing.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #3108
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

Did any of you expect them to be any more responsive than they have been?

This is classic SJ / SMED 101!

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #3109
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

DamselInDistress wrote:

I decided to spend my gaming time between Rift and SWTOR

I would do the same if I thought either of those games was worth my time SMILEY But if I wanted a WoW clone, I'd just play WoW.

IMO the only other MMO worth playing, besides EQ2, is LOTRO ... & it's not worth playing. So I just don't MMO any more.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #3110
DamselInDistress

Champion

Freejazzlive wrote:

DamselInDistress wrote:

I decided to spend my gaming time between Rift and SWTOR

I would do the same if I thought either of those games was worth my time But if I wanted a WoW clone, I'd just play WoW.

IMO the only other MMO worth playing, besides EQ2, is LOTRO ... & it's not worth playing. So I just don't MMO any more.

well, to be honest I enjoy SWTOR a lot at the moment. Please note i have never played a space themed MMO before but I do love the StarWars theme. The story is absolutely amazing and I love the cinematics and immersion. Yes there are bugs but hey it has potential.

This is not the point though. If SOE would take good care of EQ2 I would be back here in a heartbeat. There is no game out there like EQ2 and this is why I don't understand why do they kill it when they could make it great with a bit of work. it makes no business sense whatsoever.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #3111
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5729486 Off topic
Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #3112
agnott

Loremaster

Freejazzlive wrote:

This sounds like a perfect time to play by yourself for a while. Give Skyrim a try.

It's like that commercial  .."I can't believe it's not butter"  ...well you won't believe it's not an MMO.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #3113
Fudged
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Blood and Steel

Loremaster

SOE-MOD-02 wrote:

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5729486 Off topic

Oh Look! A Mod! 

Hey Mod - instead of moving/deleting/scrubbing posts, how about you pass on some information to the people that need to know what the players think of this deal?  I know you're front-line staff, so you're likely to get all the crap that the customers of this game give out, but seriously, do something pro-active and pass on the message that we have been giving.

Cheers Mod, you're ace.

Fudged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #3114
Morgania434

Lord

He/She moved it due to being way off topic, I know , I posted it. It wasn't done to be mean, it was done with care. I'm not usually one to give them a break, but this time I will. Some things in life are more important. Just look in general gameplay thread about the Guk server event please. That is what the post was about.
Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #3115
Raknid

Loremaster

Hard to believe we haven't been given more information in the 57 days since this was announced.

That seems like long enough to have figured it out.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #3116
silencia

Loremaster

I think everyone has given up waiting and moved on

silencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #3117
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5729649 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #3118
LadyMist

Loremaster

I feel this is a bad community move. The euros are already excluded from gaming events, understandably yes but this is a whole new can of worms..rotten waterlogged worms.

Please don't segragate our communities. The fact that we have mulit servers and international servers is one of the things that makes this community great. I myself even have a couple toons on a euro server i like to play now and then. Please don't take away our options. that is just my take on the smaller stuff. I won't even touch on what pro does because im gonna flame lol

Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #3119
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

This sounds like a perfect time to play by yourself for a while

Indeed. I'm re-visiting NWN2 & Dragon Age: Origins for a while, until Diablo 3 comes out.

But seriously, I'd really rather be playing EQ2, but at this point, I just can't SMILEY

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #3120
Triste-Lune

Loremaster

Maybe an update on next monday? Come on SOE you know you want this thread to leave page1 but still.