EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Tigress

Loremaster

what's with the power drain on dracur prime advanced solo @ tigloth the conqueror?!  i used the blue thingy and the second my power replenished, he drained it again.  i used manastone & overclocked manastone.  the second that my power replenished, he drained again.  hey... um... not everybody can power regen nonstop!  in most solo/group fights, my power replenishes would have been more than enough.  drop the power drain in a solo instance!  thank you.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
HBP

Loremaster

Never even noticed this tbh.  Then again, I usually kill him in under 30 seconds....but I use a tank  merc and cast TShell on pull. 

HBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

I have to second this with never noticing the power drain. However, again, I am a beastlord with a healer merc, and I usually have a full bar of savagery so the fight takes no time at all. I will try on my pally and see what happens.

CleeGrahamx2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

Really .. power drain.. bwahahaha....

I have never noticed it and I use an Inq merc.... /shrug

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
gatrm

Loremaster

melaine_dvarvensplitter wrote:

I have never noticed it and I use an Inq merc.... /shrug

Using the inq merc is probably why you haven't noticed it.  Inq merc cures continually.  It's not Tigloth doing the power drain.  The adds that pop put arcane dots on you that power drain you.  Never noticed it when I was on a toon able to burn him down fast.  But yeah, on a healer with low to medium dps, you definitely notice it. 

My suggestion would be trying a different merc or duo it which would make it real easy.  I'll probably try the inq merc since he's so good at the cures.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
yadlajoi

Loremaster

i havent noticed anything and i was going in solo...
yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
Xianthia

Loremaster

I've killed this guy almost daily with different classes and haven't noticed the power drain.  I did not run it yesterday because well... the apprentice part is broken.  So if it's happenign since yesterday I'd not have seen it.

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

the mob dont have a power drain, the sparks he spawns do. when he pops a spark pull him away from it problem solved.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Xianthia wrote:

because well... the apprentice part is broken.  

i just ran it and got the aprentice , it worked just fine.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
Stuez

Loremaster

There's a power drain?  Never seen it

Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
SpineDoc

Loremaster

Havent noticed it either on my inquisitor, and I don't even use a merc in that zone.

92 Templar (retired until they are fixed)

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
SpineDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Orz

Elder

What class are u?

The name dies in 2 clicks for me

Orz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
Ahlana

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

the mob dont have a power drain, the sparks he spawns do. when he pops a spark pull him away from it problem solved.

This... you just move from the sparks is all you have to do.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #14
arthemis1er

Lord

This fight takes me around 3 seconds to complete so i haven't noticed this "issue"

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Menarion

Loremaster

How do people finish Tigloth off in 3 seconds?  I'm a necro.  I've hit 91.  Got a lot of master level spells and using a sk merc.  Pet can't even seem to maintain aggro and the health of my merc and my pet are gone before Tigloth even gets down one bubble.  I just can't figure this one out.  Done all the withering lands quests so have most of the armor upgrades too.  I understand advanced solo but I can't even put a dent in this guy.

Menarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50009...post_id=5758171 Trolling.
SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #17
DamselInDistress

Champion

Some people have already said that all you have to do is move away from the things the dragon spawns. Took me like 5 seconds to figure that one out ...

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #18
DamselInDistress

Champion

Junst one more thing Tigress. If you encounter something you cannot do, pay attention to the fight and try something else. Coming to the forums to ask for a nerf so you can do it without having to think at all, is not the solution.

The fight is extremely easy anyway for any class. If you find that while you stay ot you die then what can you do ? Gasp, I know, very hard, move a little bit ?

Old 05-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #19
SpineDoc

Loremaster

He does do a power drain if you take too long to kill him, ie let the sparks spawn.  I found this out on my guard with an inquis merc.  My poor guard was undergeared at 90, so by killing him slowly he would spawn the sparks at like 30% and I couldn't beat him.  All I did was start using the 25% damage clicky and it was insanely easy after that.

I'd say your dps must be very low and you are killing him too slowly.  Not sure which class, but even my Templar didn't have issues with him, although at 90 without some SS gear I can see some classes have a tiny bit of difficulty.

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #20
DamselInDistress

Champion

SpineDoc wrote:

He does do a power drain if you take too long to kill him, ie let the sparks spawn.  I found this out on my guard with an inquis merc.  My poor guard was undergeared at 90, so by killing him slowly he would spawn the sparks at like 30% and I couldn't beat him.  All I did was start using the 25% damage clicky and it was insanely easy after that.

I'd say your dps must be very low and you are killing him too slowly.  Not sure which class, but even my Templar didn't have issues with him, although at 90 without some SS gear I can see some classes have a tiny bit of difficulty.

You're missing the point of the fight. The orbs drain and put detriments on you only you are very close to them. Move away and it does not matter how slow you kill the dragon. Yes you can get more than one up , but again, simply void them and you have no issues.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #21
SpineDoc

Loremaster

DamselInDistress wrote:

SpineDoc wrote:

You're missing the point of the fight. The orbs drain and put detriments on you only you are very close to them. Move away and it does not matter how slow you kill the dragon. Yes you can get more than one up , but again, simply void them and you have no issues.

No I wasn't missing the point.  I was just pointing out that even a very crappily geared 90 guardian could ignore the script by using the 25% damage item that drops in that zone.  I understand there is a script, but it was annoying to follow due to that huge almost constant knockback and it was just easier for me to straight burn him.

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
DamselInDistress

Champion

SpineDoc wrote:

DamselInDistress wrote:

SpineDoc wrote:

No I wasn't missing the point.  I was just pointing out that even a very crappily geared 90 guardian could ignore the script by using the 25% damage item that drops in that zone.  I understand there is a script, but it was annoying to follow due to that huge almost constant knockback and it was just easier for me to straight burn him.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get you worked up. The script is very easy anyway.I do it with my defiler which I think we can agree is not a massive dps beast. The kick back is a long casting spell so you see it and when it happens I park my defiler against a column or wall so i don't get Kbed much. Effectively I run around the dragon, avoiding the spawns and it's a very easy fight.

He makes a sounds when he spawns an orb so I can stay in one place and dps and only move when he actually spawns them. I don't even use a merc, because I just can't be bothered to look after him.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
Maelstrom64

Loremaster

Actually.. I believe the power drain is caused by the name itself.

Its called Charged Laceration and is a trauma curable effect.

It says that it drains mana every 4 seconds, if it is cured before that it wont drain any.

The sparks on the other hand have an effect called Electrocute that does decent damage every 7 seconds.

Again this will not take effect until those 7 seconds has elapsed.

It is my understanding that he uses charged laceration first and then shortly after that the sparks will spawn.

This gives the illusion that the sparks cause the power drain but ACT says otherwise. It is the trauma detrimental ticking at this time.

Maelstrom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #24
SpineDoc

Loremaster

DamselInDistress wrote:

SpineDoc wrote:

DamselInDistress wrote:

SpineDoc wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get you worked up. The script is very easy anyway.I do it with my defiler which I think we can agree is not a massive dps beast. The kick back is a long casting spell so you see it and when it happens I park my defiler against a column or wall so i don't get Kbed much. Effectively I run around the dragon, avoiding the spawns and it's a very easy fight.

He makes a sounds when he spawns an orb so I can stay in one place and dps and only move when he actually spawns them. I don't even use a merc, because I just can't be bothered to look after him.

No, not worked up at all. =)   I will readily admit I'm lazy and usually just try the brute force method several times before I start thinking about strats/scripts.  It's funny because I'm a regular raider and understand the incredible importance of scripts, but I think that in solo play you just get used to everything being so insanely easy that you don't want to be slowed down by a script.  I actually hugely appreciate the fact that SOE is trying to put in scripts into solo play so we just don't burn thru content.

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord